Best Villian of Superman the Animated Series

xboxdukex

[41]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    i have to say i like Darkseid for the best villain. he's the most physically dangerous of them all. and he knows how to play Superman very well.

a lot of people I see are saying Metallo, too. Well, I was watching an episode last night with him in it, and he just didn't seem like a very good villain. i mean, i love him in the comics, but he was just really annoying in the series. so, i don't really like him that much.

and i will always agree with everyone that Luthor is a very good enemy, but he's not my favorite. I mean, as much as he goes at it and tries to kill Superman and stuff and idk.. i just don't like him as the best villain, but i do like him as one. but he's just potentially the strongest against Superman, IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gamerboy190

[42]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    1. Darkseid- Aside from beating up Supes a bunch of times, he brainwashed him and turned him loose to conquer Earth. Darkseid was the only villain that Superman was willing to kill.

2. Lex Luthor - for obvious reasons

3. Doomsday - Supes tried to lobotomize him in "The Doomsday Sanction" just so he would let go of his neck. Physically, he's stronger than Supes and was trained specifically to hate him. That kind of rage always makes for a dangerous adversary.

4. Jax-Ur & Mala- They had such potential, but they were sucked into a Black hole.

Could've said it better myself.

Austo191

[43]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    Metallo. Mainly because he has kyryptonite in side his chest. hehehe

Remo49

[44]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    For a tragic figure it would be Metallo, for power, Darkseid, for having a handy power, Parasite but for pure evil it would be Lex Luthor.

asrealasitgets

[45]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    Lex Luthor is the original!

mobbs456

[46]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 16

I love Metallo simply because of Malcom McDowell - he's voice suited the character perfectly. the character itself was well portrayed as well. in the comics John Corben was simply involved in a car crash and turned into a cyborg. in the series Corben made a deal because he was tricked into believing he was dying by Lex. when he found out the price he paid, Corben went ballistic and turned into a dark character. also the Kryptonite Heart could seriously weaken Supes, allowing some good punch ups.

Darkseid was also good - as an all powerful creature of the Universe, he was the only thing Superman feared. even in JLU you could see Superman react badly towards him. Michael Ironside voiced him perfectly as well.

Lex Luthor - in the comics he was just corrupted. in the series he was so much more. he spent he's life tormenting and studying and trying to kill superman and eventually became consumed by it. he's hatred even extended to Batman. Clancy Brown is the ultimate Lex Luthor and i would love him to play him in a movie!

Brainiac was rewritten to be the computer from Krypton linking him to Superman. this reworking was well received in my opinon. he is a strong opponent against the man of steel and was calculating and cold. and Corey Burton is the ultimate Brainiac. no wonder he reprised he's role for Legion of Superheroes.

sporkman5353

[47]Aug 21, 2008

Remo49 wrote:
    For a tragic figure it would be Metallo, for power, Darkseid, for having a handy power, Parasite but for pure evil it would be Lex Luthor.

I wouldnt really call Lex purely evil..in fact, hes not entirely a villain, well, up until Justice League, hes crooked but he still has some good in him. Take Destroyer for example. He, basically, kills himself to save the universe. Either way, he would die, but why be so sure about making the latter descision, especially considering it was most likely a more painful way of death.

RHam_01

[48]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I wouldnt really call Lex purely evil..in fact, hes not entirely a villain, well, up until Justice League, hes crooked but he still has some good in him. Take Destroyer for example. He, basically, kills himself to save the universe. Either way, he would die, but why be so sure about making the latter descision, especially considering it was most likely a more painful way of death.

I never thought that Lex died in that episode... and even if he did he probably had made sure that he had an escape route and could be ressurected. Lex isn't the self sacrificing kind.

dbcsdragon

[49]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I never thought that Lex died in that episode... and even if he did he probably had made sure that he had an escape route and could be ressurected. Lex isn't the self sacrificing kind.

I doubt that he or Darkseid died in Destroyer. No matter what he always seems to bouce back. You can't really kill someone like him. How many times has Superman died, yet he always comes back in some inprobable way. If JLU hadn't ended, they would be back, in some way.

sporkman5353

[50]Sep 1, 2008
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

True, but his life changed an awful lot in that episode. Who knows, he was probly a little suicidal after braniac being (supposedly) taken from him forever.

RHam_01

[51]Sep 1, 2008
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I doubt that he or Darkseid died in Destroyer. No matter what he always seems to bouce back. You can't really kill someone like him. How many times has Superman died, yet he always comes back in some inprobable way. If JLU hadn't ended, they would be back, in some way.

Erm.. I thought Superman had just died the once..

dbcsdragon

[52]Sep 1, 2008
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

Hmmm. You're right, he did only die once in JL. When I wrote that, I was picturing many of Superman's past incarnations. I think that I have seen him die at least four times, all outside of the DCAU. Sorry about that.

sporkman5353

[53]Sep 1, 2008
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

Hmmm. You're right, he did only die once in JL. When I wrote that, I was picturing many of Superman's past incarnations. I think that I have seen him die at least four times, all outside of the DCAU. Sorry about that.

Really, i only can think of the death of superman from the comics

(although it probably happened in some old 40s-70s era comic)

RHam_01

[54]Sep 1, 2008
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I think he died once on the Justice League show too.

dbcsdragon

[55]Sep 1, 2008
    He also died twice during the Superfriends show.

Daxx00004

[56]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

The one where he actually goes to the future and grows a beard, powerless due to the red sun with Vandal Savage. A villian that repented for a change.

Edited on 09/10/2008 8:48am
    Edited 2 total times.

RHam_01

[57]Sep 11, 2008
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

The one where he actually goes to the future and grows a beard, powerless due to the red sun with Vandal Savage. A villian that repented for a change.

They made Doomsday repent in the comics. In the Wrath of Gog arc.

Daxx00004

[58]Sep 12, 2008
    RHam_01 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I didn't know Doomsday had enough intelligence to repent. Or to even know he was doing anything wrong.

Off topic, I just bought Birthright and Kingdom Come, just started reading graphic novels these are my first. Where would you recommend I go next? I am only about 1/3 of the way thru Birthright so it may take me awhile to get thru them both.

RHam_01

[59]Sep 13, 2008
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

I didn't know Doomsday had enough intelligence to repent. Or to even know he was doing anything wrong.

Off topic, I just bought Birthright and Kingdom Come, just started reading graphic novels these are my first. Where would you recommend I go next? I am only about 1/3 of the way thru Birthright so it may take me awhile to get thru them both.

Hmm... Kingdom Come and Birthright are both AWESOME.

As for recommendations... well... try 'For Tomorrow.' It has awesome artwork by Jim Lee. You can also try the 'Our Worlds at War' arc. It isn't brilliant.. but is an important bit.

'Godfall' isn't bad either.

Daxx00004

[60]Sep 13, 2008
    RHam_01 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    RHam_01 wrote:
    sporkman5353 wrote:

Remo49 wrote:

Hmm... Kingdom Come and Birthright are both AWESOME. As for recommendations... well... try 'For Tomorrow.' It has awesome artwork by Jim Lee. You can also try the 'Our Worlds at War' arc. It isn't brilliant.. but is an important bit. 'Godfall' isn't bad either.

Cool Thanks!