We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

How does Superman:tas compare to Batman:tas

matthewryan2k

[1]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    How does Superman:tas compare to Batman:tas. i really enjoyed batman and wondered whether this was better or worse (or the same). ive watched the first two episoded so far and loved the characters design style (much more 50s style then justice league) but found some of the animation a bit dodgy. also which superman has the best voice: original or justice league?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Supermeng

[2]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 15
    I prefer Superman to Batman in general. Both are great shows and are worth watching. As far as the difference between the voice actors on Superman and Justice League, I prefer Tim Daly (Superman) but George Newbern (JL) still does a great job.

matthewryan2k

[3]Jun 23, 2006
    im so used to the justice league superman voice it seems weird to hear him speak with a different voice. it'll probably grow on me though, and then i'll say i cant stand the justice league one.

S-Shield

[4]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 21
    I like Superman tas better just becauses I like Superman better than Batman.  But I do think more work went into the Batman animated.  The opening credits for one thing.  Batman had a completely original opening and unique title screens for each episode.  Superman just used clips from the show for the opening and showed the title and credits during the story.  But since Batman came first they probably had to work harder to get the show taken seriously.  By the time Superman came out the DC Animated universe had already reached critical acclaim.

kanniballl

[5]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 18
    I like both, though the Superman: Returns movie opening soon peaked my craze.  I went out and bought all 3 seasons' DVDs in one evening.

Batman had some great episodes, the HARDAC (or whatever) episodes in particular were quite stellar.  Batman usually had more to do, more thinking, more conversing, etc.  Superman, while not 100% action, didn't have as much going on.

Grrrr, now that I think about it I'll have to start buying the Batman discs too.

S-Shield

[6]Jun 24, 2006

kanniballl wrote:
    I like both, though the Superman: Returns movie opening soon peaked my craze.  I went out and bought all 3 seasons' DVDs in one evening.

Batman had some great episodes, the HARDAC (or whatever) episodes in particular were quite stellar.  Batman usually had more to do, more thinking, more conversing, etc.  Superman, while not 100% action, didn't have as much going on.

Grrrr, now that I think about it I'll have to start buying the Batman discs too.

I know what you mean.  But I get my Batman TAS fix from Boomerang, they show it seven nights a week, along with Superman and Justice League

Aldrius

[7]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    :
    I like Superman tas better just becauses I like Superman better than Batman. But I do think more work went into the Batman animated. The opening credits for one thing. Batman had a completely original opening and unique title screens for each episode. Superman just used clips from the show for the opening and showed the title and credits during the story. But since Batman came first they probably had to work harder to get the show taken seriously. By the time Superman came out the DC Animated universe had already reached critical acclaim.

Actually, they had planned on having a S:TAS opening similar to the B:TAS one. They just ran out of time to make it. Look at Justice League, it's hard to notice... but that is a completely original opening. ;P (Not JLU, but still.)

S-Shield

[8]Jun 26, 2006

Aldrius wrote:
    Actually, they had planned on having a S:TAS opening similar to the B:TAS one. They just ran out of time to make it. Look at Justice League, it's hard to notice... but that is a completely original opening. ;P (Not JLU, but still.)

Well, what do you know.  You learn something new everyday.  Appreciate the info.

kanniballl

[9]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 18

S-Shield wrote:

I know what you mean. But I get my Batman TAS fix from Boomerang, they show it seven nights a week, along with Superman and Justice League

No Boomerang for me (I hate my cable company).  I was psyched when I heard that Boomerang would have a Superman:TAS marathon, but then remembered we didn't have it.  So between "Returns" and the unaccessible marathon I went out and bought the DVDs.

S-Shield

[10]Jun 26, 2006

kanniballl wrote:

No Boomerang for me (I hate my cable company).  I was psyched when I heard that Boomerang would have a Superman:TAS marathon, but then remembered we didn't have it.  So between "Returns" and the unaccessible marathon I went out and bought the DVDs.

You're better off anyway.  The only one Boomerang shows in order is Justice League.  Superman and Batman are always out of order.  If I hadn't already seen all the episodes anyway, it'd be real frustrating.

Supermeng

[11]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 15
    The only good thing about boomerang is that they really don't show commercials during the show

tinylue

[12]Jun 29, 2006
    Superman is better than Batman even thought it has fewer episodes because the villians in Superman are way stronger than Batman's.

Aldrius

[13]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    Boomerang is an awesome chanell. Stock full of classic Hannah Barbera shows oO;. I'd hardly say the only good thing about it is the lack of commercials.

Doomy-doom

[14]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    I personally think that Batman was better because the writing was a whole lot better. I mean you choose who is a better villian: Lex luthor or the Joker. I say Joker wins! The psycoligical aspect on Batman is terrific and really makes you think. Superman tells you what to think about. And one thing that will always dominate over Superman: Batman is just a normal guy trying to make a difference. He doesn't have a weakness, he could be killed at any moment by anything! So because tof that, Batman had a more unique edge. 

bacon_is_sweet

[15]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    with me i have to say thats a pretty hard question

white_roses_975

[16]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 8

matthewryan2k wrote:
    How does Superman:tas compare to Batman:tas. i really enjoyed batman and wondered whether this was better or worse (or the same). ive watched the first two episoded so far and loved the characters design style (much more 50s style then justice league) but found some of the animation a bit dodgy. also which superman has the best voice: original or justice league?

i luv superman....but batmans good too...... whatever supermans a classic i love it

RHam_01

[17]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    I like them both equally.

green_arrow92

[18]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 20
    I also like them both equally. Both shows are great in their own way.

realakuma75

[19]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    Both shows are terrific. Batman was the one to start it all, but Superman, being a later created show, showed improvements in the animation and it opened the doors to the rest of the DC characters, allowing them to appear and integrate in the DCU, thus opening the door to Justice League TAS.

Ricza

[20]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    Both excellent shows but I preferred Superman: TAS for its more colorful animation and greater emphasis on continuity and developing story arcs as the series really paved the way for Justice League. In fact, most of the DCAU's great continuity flows between Superman: TAS and JL/JLU.