How does Superman:tas compare to Batman:tas

kenneth_velez

[21]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    Ricza wrote:
    Both excellent shows but I preferred Superman: TAS for its more colorful animation and greater emphasis on continuity and developing story arcs as the series really paved the way for Justice League. In fact, most of the DCAU's great continuity flows between Superman: TAS and JL/JLU.

Slow down cow boy, most of DC/DCAU's continuity follows BatmanTAS. Batman is even reference in the begining of the Superman Serial. infact till the Bat Embargo a large portion of Bat characters were used, just look at the cadumus saga.

Batman:TAS has spawned a nice amount of cartoons and movies that are actually good, Superman not so much on the good movies. not that Superman was bad, I didn't like the art style atfirst, but it grew on me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mobbs456

[22]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 16

I kinda like both - i have noticed Metropolis is more colourful and futuristic than Gotham.

i loved the continuity between Superman and Batman The World's Finest was a great team up!

and loved how Superman and Batman found out each other's secrets (something incorporated into Justice League).

SupermanNYC

[23]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 45
    They are both great animated series.

leodonmikeraph

[24]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 14
    love them both, but Batman TAS will always be #1 in my book

Enthropii

[25]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 23
    I am more of a Superman fan, but I felt that the B:tas was better. As for the voice, I felt both were good, but I like George Newbern's better. The one thing that I had against S:tas was that Metropolis looked a little too futuristic. So it didn't sit well with crossovers. But Justice League (Unlimited) repaired that.

In Singapore we still have it on Cartoon Network. But it isn't shown in order. So I ended up buying all the DVDs.

theportal

[26]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 26
    I prefer B:TAS, but some S:TAS episodes have a wonderful, golden-age-of-animation sort of feel, like "In Brightest Day..." or "World's Finest".

HomerPyle

[27]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'll always prefer B:TAS for being my childhood favorite, but I honestly feel that S:TAS was plain better. The animation was better, the writing was more consistent, and there was no part of it that was worse than B:TAS. B:TAS did have that psychological aspect to it, but S:TAS wasn't totally devoid of compelling, and even psychologically deep, characters and I'd say that the best of both shows are on par with each other.

gamerboy190

[28]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    leodonmikeraph wrote:
    love them both, but Batman TAS will always be #1 in my book

My sentiments exactly. B:TAS is the best series ever by both cartoon and drama series because of the content within the episodes.

DarthFreeza

[29]Jan 12, 2008

I like Batman (The Character) , Batman TAS, and Gotham Knights better than Superman (Character), and Superman TAS. I think it is a excellentto see a average man in a Bat-suit fighting crime and doing so well without any powers. He is acobatic, strong, agile, and on top of all that, he's a genious!!! (And rich) For me Batman is just more fun of a character and show because he is more shut up in his heart and you like to see the rare occasion when he opens it (Quote by Vicky Vale in The Batman V.S. Dracuila movie). Plus, I think Batman villain are just more fun in TAS. Each hero's villain have a role:

# 1 Villain

# 1 Villain's Hench Person who at times takes on their own crime spree

# 2 Villain who whenever seeing # 1 they get into a spat

# 3 Villain who accidently recieved powers and so on

In this Case it'd be:

Joker & Lex

Harley & Mercy

Two Face & Metallo

Mr. Freeze & Parcite

Forgot the most important part, a villain who surpasses all others but isn't around as much. Batman has a few villains like that but for Superman, it's Darkseid.

To sum it up I think that Batman is better than Superman in most ways but come on,

This fight has been going on for years. All other heros being elliminated from the race but Batman and Superman fans refusing to give up.

theportal

[30]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 26
    HomerPyle wrote:
    I'll always prefer B:TAS for being my childhood favorite, but I honestly feel that S:TAS was plain better. The animation was better, the writing was more consistent, and there was no part of it that was worse than B:TAS. B:TAS did have that psychological aspect to it, but S:TAS wasn't totally devoid of compelling, and even psychologically deep, characters and I'd say that the best of both shows are on par with each other.

Out of interest, what are your favourite episodes of Superman, then?

The prblem with Superman:TAS is that it rarely delves into deep drama and stays as a simple popcorn-flick show. The same is somewhat true of Batman Beyond. I mean, we had incredible episodes like "The Last Son of Krypton part 1", "Identity Crisis", "In Brightest Day..." and the "World's Finest" three-parter. However, most (not all)other episodes lacked that spark.

Batman has "OMG" episodes like "Over the Edge", which is one of a handful of DCAU/DCU episodes that gives me the sort of story I've ALWAYS wanted to see told. To give you an idea of what I look for, some other episodes that fall into that category are "The Return", "Kid Stuff" (the villain's plan, not really the comedy angle), "Haunted", "Titans Together" and "Growing Pains".

HomerPyle

[31]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    There are plenty of episodes of S:TAS that get dramatic and explorative, including 'Identity Crisis', 'Legacy', 'The Late Mr. Kent', 'Apokalips...Now!', 'The Last Son of Krypton', and 'Brave New Metropolis', 'My Girl', 'Stolen Memories', and 'Ghost in the Machine', all of which are either highly intense or flesh out the characters, not to mention quite a few episodes that get psychological with the villains, such as 'The Way of All Flesh', 'Two's a Crowd', and 'Fun and Games'. I also adore 'World's Finest' and a lot of the straight-up action adventure episodes, such as 'In Brightest Day', 'Mxyzpixilated', 'Double Dose', and 'Solar Power'. 'The Hand of Fate' actually gets pretty philosophical, an area that B:TAS rarely touched, if ever.

As is the case with S:TAS, many lackluster episodes are blessed with excellent animation, and so unlike B:TAS, very few episodes suffer the worst of both worlds. Honestly, I'd put 'Apokalips..Now!' and 'The Late Mr. Kent' up there with 'Heart of Ice' and 'Over the Edge'.

DarthFreeza

[32]Jan 15, 2008
    Generally, I'd say they are both very good shows but Batman TAs was one of those: Can't miss, ttyl shows where-as Superman TAS was I'll watch unless somthing more interesting comes up. That was just me. Don't get me wrong Superman TAS is great and all but I just think Batman TAS is superior. Usually I hate it when people compare Batman and Superman as I posted in a blog (which was my venting of how I dislike them being compared). The battle has raged for years and there will never be a winner to this fight but I'll stay on Batman's side (or a draw =])

FamilyGuyFan507

[33]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    ^^Freeze is right, BTAS is just I think a couple feet better than Superman, to me Superman stands out to much as a boyscout and i really don't like how he can't really get hurt.

DarthFreeza

[34]Feb 4, 2008
    FamilyGuyFan507 wrote:
    ^^Freeze is right, BTAS is just I think a couple feet better than Superman, to me Superman stands out to much as a boyscout and i really don't like how he can't really get hurt.
    Its Freeza but whatever. I dont want to sound like a Superman TAS hater (which I was acused of being by Homerpile I believe) but Batman always had that kind of charm to him. I almost garantee that if we posted this same thread on the Batman TAS or Gotham Knights forums, most of the answers would be Batman TAS (like here most of you said Superman TAS).

GavinGibbons

[35]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 29
    I think i loved the first 3 seasons of BTAS, BUT Loved all of superman animated... thats the difference for me- superman never lost its appeal or changed

sanin_4_life

[36]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    I've always been a superman and batman fan. I seen both shows growing up and when i can i still watch them. My fav though is the b:tas. The plot for most of the episodes were better and their was more continuity in batman. I seen all of b:tas, s:tas, jl, and jlu. They all had continuity but my favorite episodes were the two+ part episodes where they actually built the suspence and defined the characters. I have argued countless times whether superman is better than batman and to this day and probably forever, I will say SUPERMAN and be one of his proud followers.

captaintombatch

[37]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    Batman: The Animated Series, came first, therefore Superman needed to try and match it's success, and I don't think it did. Also, the setting of both series not only in city location, but the year were also different. It seemed like Superman was a lot more modern than Batman was when they made both series. I would take Batman any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

seto1

[38]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 16
    Both great but batman was alot darker and gritty while superman also great because the villains were alot more powerful.