How strong is Lobo?

ToniMontana804

[1]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 15

Superman had a hard time beating Kalibak in "Father's Day". Lobo defeated Kalibak like a child in "Hereafter".

Lobo could be stronger than Supes and Kalibak, on the other hand, Superman admitted he held back some of his strength. I wonder how long would Lobo last against Darkseid or Brainiac? 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

S-Shield

[2]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 21

I think Superman must raise and lower the strength of his attacks in accordance with who he is fighting.  It makes sense that, being Superman, he only stays slightly above his opponent's level so as to not kill them.  And since Lobo doesn't care, so he just goes full force on everybody.  Man, wouldn't Darkseid vs. Lobo just be the most hysterical fight of all time, given their personalities?

Also, from a writer's standpoint, Superman's fight with Kalabak had to last a whole episode, where as Lobo's needed to be short and sweet what with everything else in the episode, and to show how neccessary his strength was to the Leauge.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 28
    Superman was holding back when his dad was about to be killed he beats Kalabak in like three hits so he can save his pa's life.When Superman got pissed at Lobo in The Main Man he knocked him all the way to the harbor.When Superman gets angry or has to beat a enemy fast he gets more serious.

Xtroid

[4]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    S-Shield wrote:

Man, wouldn't Darkseid vs. Lobo just be the most hysterical fight of all time, given their personalities?

Heh, Lobo hurt his own hand when punching Darkseid.

ToniMontana804

[5]Jul 31, 2006
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Superman was holding back when his dad was about to be killed he beats Kalabak in like three hits so he can save his pa's life.When Superman got pissed at Lobo in The Main Man he knocked him all the way to the harbor.When Superman gets angry or has to beat a enemy fast he gets more serious.

Yeah, the only time you seen Superman REALLY MAD was when Darkseid vaporized Dan Turpin in front of him. Superman wrecked that alien tank. WHOA!

Lobo probably could throw a few punches at Darkseid. But, when it comes to Brainiac merged with Darkseid....well, we'll give Lobo flowers at his funeral.

Sillicone

[6]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    Lobo's fairly strong. I'd guess that he was at least as strong as Superman on a good day. I hope that he and Darkseid get to fight. I never really liked Lobo all that well.

realakuma75

[7]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    In Superman TAS and Justice League he´s presented as tough, but Superman can beat him in a fair fight...The problem is that lobo fights dirty.

superman8119

[8]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 25
    I think Superman is stronger than Lobo, Lobo just fights dirty.

Serious

[9]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 7

Superman has far more power than Lobo. Heat vision,Superspeed,Flight etc. While Lobo has only demonstrated super strength and the ability to exist in space without a space suit.

Superman doesn't kill. Its part of his code. Yet it would be easy for him to do it. So Superman does hold back. Superman is like a prize fighter. He's trying to subdue his opponent not kill or cripple.

ezeroe

[10]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 7

Lobo is as strong as Superman but lacks endurance. He has never really gone all out either

He beat up Kalibak by wrecking cars at him. Not a single direct punch.

Superman really really held back in his first encounter with Kalibak because he sort of felt sorry for the nut

(being pressured by his father to fight) and was really ticked off at Darkseid for frying him.

divinematt

[11]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    In the comics Lobo is essentially immortal, I do not know if this applies to the animated version.

ToniMontana804

[12]Sep 5, 2006
    Yeah, it's hard to tell if Darkseid's omega beams can kill Lobo.

sylent_asassin

[13]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 26

Lobo has close to Superman-level strength, but not quite on par. Lobo is willing to fight dirty as he kicked Supes in the package (in the comics).

For the most part, Supes holds back because he's afraid of killing them. I'm sure you all heard his speech when he was busy beating the hell out of Darksied in JLU episode Destroyer.

Superman: I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to brake something... to brake someone, never allowing myself to loose control even for a moment or someone could die. But you can take it can't you big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.

...and for the record, Darkseid's Omega Beams would incinerate Lobo.

Edited on 09/21/2006 2:10pm

Alphrin

[14]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 1

Am I the only one who missed the fact that Superman mops the floor with Kalibak in TWO HITS in the episode "Legacy"? This was after Superman became really really pissed.

When Superman first fights Kalibak, he is distracted by protecting his dad, and he is holding back because he doesn't want to kill anyone. But in Legacy he is not holding back (at least not as much...we don't really get to see him unleash his full power until "Destroyer").

Aldrius

[15]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 10
    Lobo doesn't hold back ever.

Superman has to withold his strength half the time as Clark.

There you go.

Though I'm not sure who's stronger. =S They tend to jump around in strength levels.