New Superman:TAS DTV Movie!

kenneth_velez

[41]May 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    The movie starts of With Batman punching him in the jugular to explain the voice change.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Supermeng

[42]May 11, 2006
    • level: 15

Maybe he caught a cold at the source wall.  Poor guy.  He goes through all that trouble: obtaining the anti-life equation and saving the planet but he can't get that frog out of his throat.
    Edited on 05/11/2006 1:59pm

gmo-

[43]May 18, 2006

Anyone else find it strange that Brainiac refers to Superman as "Son of Krypton" in this DTV/Preview? http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/player.jsp?client=HomeVideo&group=HomeVideoNewReleases&trailer=superman_brainaic_attacks_strike_wvsup_x0004

Brainiac's personality/program in the past has always been portrayed as though he is Krypton.  I thought the line would have sounded better had he called Superman “Son of Jor-El” and even better still had Corey Burton been voicing Brainiac.

Supermeng

[44]May 18, 2006
    I could have sworn I've heard Brainiac call him that before

kenneth_velez

[45]May 18, 2006
    Yeah I though he called him son of krypton to. I guess we will find out whent they release the last season DVD as well as static shock and the rest of Justice league.

gmo-

[46]May 19, 2006
    Really?  I can not recall Brainiac ever referring to him as "Son of Krypton".  It just really seems out of character to me to have him call Superman that.

Supermeng

[47]May 19, 2006
    He doesn't call him that as often as he calls him Kal-El but it seems vaguely familiar to me that he's said it at least once. I could be wrong.

kenneth_velez

[48]May 19, 2006
    For all I know It could be the benevolent Brainiac that dwells with-in the Fortress of Solitude. Thats more than likely it.

Annihilator16

[49]May 25, 2006
    • level: 5

Well, I have read a review of the DTV and overall its pretty negative with the plot being the worst aspect of the film, the only two good things about it I read was that the animation was good and that Tim Daly's voice acting was very good (all the rest was mediocre or bad), after that its a bunch of garbage. This DTV was simply made as a tie-in to Superman Returns that is all.

I wouldn't want to put it as part of the D.C.A.U. even Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman was better. 

Supermeng

[50]May 25, 2006
    Annihilator16 wrote:

Well, I have read a review of the DTV and overall its pretty negative with the plot being the worst aspect of the film, the only two good things about it I read was that the animation was good and that Tim Daly's voice acting was very good (all the rest was mediocre or bad), after that its a bunch of garbage. This DTV was simply made as a tie-in to Superman Returns that is all.

I wouldn't want to put it as part of the D.C.A.U. even Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman was better.

And you're not only judging the movie before you've seen it but you're judging it based off of one person's review?

Annihilator16

[51]May 25, 2006

Supermeng wrote:
    And you're not only judging the movie before you've seen it but you're judging it based off of one person's review?

I've read the review from world's finest, plus I also saw screenshots of the DTV, one of them has Lex Luthor with a goofy Loony Toons smile. I see a turkey when I sense it, for example I knew that Battlestar Galatica was bad from all the reviews, but I took a chance and saw it on HBO, oh, what a mistake I made. I don't want to waste my money on something that is bad, I would use that money to get a Superman Fleischer film dvd. This DTV is just a ploy to get more DTV's out that is it.

Supermeng

[52]May 26, 2006
    I prefer to actually see the movie before I pass judgement.

kenneth_velez

[53]May 26, 2006
    Yeah, believe or not critics get things wrongs. they Said 2001 a space odessy sucked when it actually kickedass. they said Tron was good but It sucked to high heaven. They gave Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead piss poor scores and they were 2 of the best Zombie movies out there.

Annihilator16

[54]May 26, 2006

kenneth_velez wrote:
    Yeah, believe or not critics get things wrongs. they Said 2001 a space odessy sucked when it actually kickedass. they said Tron was good but It sucked to high heaven. They gave Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead piss poor scores and they were 2 of the best Zombie movies out there.

Yes, every film has a memorable line for Star Wars:ROTS it was Darth Vader saying "Noooooo!" for X-Men 3: The Last Stand, it was the Juggernaut saying "I'm the Juggernaut, b****h!" for Superman:Brainiac Attacks it was Lex Luthor saying "I 'm so happy".

kenneth_velez

[55]May 27, 2006
    Even True on some cartoon shows like JLU Destroyer Superman "It's Lex flipin' Luthor."

Annihilator16

[56]May 27, 2006
    But no line can top this Lex Luthor: "Rootin' for ya my man.".

kenneth_velez

[57]May 27, 2006
    Yeah, Lex really sold out. that was really F---ed up in X3 with the Juggernaut. I don't think it really was him. cuase he wouldn't have Charles pass.

swtt

[58]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 18
    I just watched it it was good but I wish it had the original voice actors for Lex, Mercy but I kind of like how Brainiac's was but Lex seemed so weird and Mercy what in the world but it was still good.

heeroyuy2006

[59]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    I just watched most of it. I missed the beginning, but it'll be rebroadcasted Monday at 1 P.M., so, I'll see it in whole then. Now, where do I start reviewing this? Mmmm... okay, I'll start with the animation. It was really shaky. I mean the slight redesign of Jimmy Olsen wasn't that good. Also, Mercy's hair seemed to switch from a dyed blonde to more of a brownish color. Plus, some of the goofy facial expressions just seemed out of place in the DCAU. Next to be reviewed is the writing. It was really poor. Now, onto what really killed the movie: the voice acting. Words can't describe how horrendously bad it was. I mean even Tim Daly's was shaky. To add to that, the new voice actors for Lex, Brainiac, and Mercy just didn't fit the characters. Sure, the writing was poor, but with the original voice actors, it might not have been so bad. Even the infamous line by Lex "I'm rootin' for ya, man" done with the menace and innuendo of his original voice actor might have worked. On top of all that, the ending wasn't very satisfying. I mean the way Lois was cured was so cliche, it ain't even funny. If I were to rate this movie, I'd give it a very shaky 1 star and that's being really charitable.

ItAintEazy

[60]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 3

Oy, if I wanna see a piece of crap, I'd put on adult diapers.  The only thing remotely good about this, this, as the Joker would call it "rotting pile of hyena filth" is the animation and the fight scenes, which they had to tack on a lot of since the story was so thin and stillborn.