New Superman:TAS DTV Movie!

swtt

[81]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 18
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    I'm glad the movie's not canon because there are way too many goofs.

1.) The Fortress of Solitude gets blown up, meaning the aliens Superman caged up are dead, including the one that took over his mind later in the future. Not to mention his secret fortress reappears in Justice League and Batman Beyond.

2.) Lex Luthor wants to take over the world??? JLU version of Lex maybe, but not SupermanTAS Lex. Back then, He was an obnoxious business man who just wants to kill Superman to keep him from interfering in his shady deals and smuggling operations. He had no desire to rule the world like some saturday morning cartoon villian.

3.) Where did Brainiac come from? He just came from space. The only time we've seen him defeated in space was that Batman/Superman crossover where Supes impersonated Batman.

What do you mean by canon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ToniMontana804

[82]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    "cannon" or "canon" is something that's connected or in the same universe as a movie, spin off, or show.

I meant, I'm glad that the DTV movie is not in the DCAU continuation.

swtt

[83]Jul 26, 2006
    Ohh! ok thanks.

Im2Crazy4U

[84]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 51
    ToniMontana804 wrote:
    1.) The Fortress of Solitude gets blown up, meaning the aliens Superman caged up are dead, including the one that took over his mind later in the future. Not to mention his secret fortress reappears in Justice League and Batman Beyond.

I haven't yet watched the movie since I caught the "new" Lex's voice, and I'm not sure I'm interesting in hearing more.

You bring up the aliens, which is where my comments lie. How exactly did the "last survivour" of a planet multiply? In several of the episodes, after Superman puts the aliens in their new cages, we see some species have multipled so that there are now more than one. Odd to me.

Plus, there was a Dodo on the ship even though that bird died out in the late 1600's on Earth. How did one (and only one) manage to survive for so long?

Really, these are just comments I wanted to get off my chest. No need to respond to this obviously off-topic reply.

superman8119

[85]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 25
    I need to get the set.

captaintombatch

[86]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    Well, I really didn't like it all that much. Lex in the movie was more of a joke character than a real threat to become anyone.

swtt

[87]Jan 3, 2009
    kwchou1 wrote:
    Not that I would mind seing it, but why are they making a DTV for a cancelled series 5 years ago & not for JLU? Is it just b/c of Superman Returns? Should we read anything into this, in terms of the future of JLU or other DCAU shows?

I don't care either if it's been gone for years. As long as I'm getting movies from the series it's fine.

seto1

[88]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    i totally agree