Superman: The Animated Series

Stolen Memories

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Nov 02, 1996 on The WB

• Brainiac

Superman finally meets Brainiac when the Kryptonian artificial intelligence makes its way to Earth to absorb its knowledge and offer Superman access to what remains of the knowledge of his homeworld. A strong episode, that compares favorably to the recent DC animated movie Superman: Unbound, this is a must-see for any fan of Brainiac.

You can find my full recap and review (with pics) at RazorFine
  • Just A Classic.

This is one of the top episodes of the series,well because we finally meet the thing that destroyed Krypton in the first place,an all-knowing planetary computer who goes by the name of Brainiac.Plain and simple Brainiac is just cold and I don't mean like Mr.Freeze cold I mean like cold without any warmth at all,he will stop at nothing to get all the information of every planet and destroy them.I personally found it superb because there's great sympathy in this episode,you can't but feel sorry for Superman after what Brainiac did to him,his family,and his people.Plus Luthor is in this episode,and you know he's going to make it interesting.It's so awesome to see Superman get revenge on Brainiac by totally trashing and destroying him and his ship,but this isn't the last we've heard of Brainiac.And a fantastic job by Corey Burton as Brainiac's voice it's cold and chilling so you hang on every word he says.