Superman: The Animated Series

The Late Mr. Kent

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Nov 01, 1997 on The WB

• One of the best episodes from "Superman: The Animated Series" Period

I've started watching Superman a couple of weeks ago, and I'm about to finish Volume 2. I've just finished watching "The Late Mr Kent" 5 minutes ago, and I couldn't help it but to make a review.

The episode is so shoking, it has very much suspense, the story is extremly well told. When Lois cries in Clark's apartment, so far, it's the most emotional moment of the show. Made me sad.

I don't know how much it took for the show makers to write this episode, because it has so many good stuff, clever stuff on it that I'd have never think of. It was nice to have Clark Kent involved in the story for once, instead of having Superman all the time. One of the most shoking moments it's when Lois founds the bomb at Clark's apartment. The music serves good purpose there, and I literally got scared, really! And of course, the end scene, with Bower finding Clark is Superman... but can't do anything about it. It was the creepiest thing ever made!

Now, there were 3 little things I didn't like.

1) Why would a Pizza shop save adresses from 5 years ago? Do they plan to do something to them with Pizzas?? I don't know, can't think of any valid reason.

2) Detective Bower was exposed too easly. He appeared and I said "Oh, it's him". It doesn't do anything to the main plot itself, but a little fooling around wouldn't have been bad.

3) Why, but WHY in a modern time city, they still convict people to death!? That's the most weird thing I've ever heard! Besides, it was for killing 1 people. That crime deserves a life time prision.. but death... that's too much.