Supermarket Sweep Forums

ABC (ended 2003)

Was Supermarket Sweep filmed in an actual supermarket?

Antique22

[1]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 11

When Mom and I would watch Supermarket Sweep as a kid I always thought that they borrowed a supermarket chain such as Vons to film the show and I had been curious to know. Was Supermarket Sweep filmed in a real store or just a make-believe supermarket in the studio,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

captaintombatch

[2]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 32
    No it was a studio designed to look exactly like a supermarket, and all of the products were acquired by the Fremantle Media Corp. as props. It's not a surprise that the produce was "perfectly" stacked each time, and that the beef aisle didn't really contain beef.

Did you ever notice that the front of the store where the checkouts are don't have any doors? That's a dead giveaway

everoptimist

[3]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 1

I was on Supermarket Sweet in the fall of 1993. The show was filmed on a TV set. There were mirrors used to make the audience look larger than it really was. Also, the only people in the audience were the contestants for that day that had not yet filmed. My sister and I did win everything for the day including an all expensive trip for 2 to Cuba. It was great fun and a lot of fun.