Supernanny Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

i wonder how many of these families stick to things after Jo leaves

LikeItOrNot

[1]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 11
    I know they do like 1 month follow up and everything is going good still... But I wonder how many last long term. If it's that easy to get in a rut and let your kids overpower you the first time, I wonder how long before the kids overpower the mother again with their tantrums.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvRotsthebrain

[2]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 1

Good question... I suppose it's like any type of training... you retain a smidgen of it.  Last year they had a review show... time for another.

The Bella sure was a handful.  I'd never imagine a 6 year old could beat the hell out of her  mother like that.  whew!

LikeItOrNot

[3]Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah they need to do like a year later or at least 6 months. I hope they at least stay in contact with the parents to check in them once in a while or make it so they can call for advice if things get out of hand or change.

lol I didn't think Bella was that bad compared to other kids that have been on the show.

I felt bad for the one in the wheel chair.. She's just stuck sitting there like duhhhh while her parents were fighting with the other kids. She gets her 10 or 20 minutes of therapy a few times a day while the other kids ran back and forth and interupted the mom. Then when she's done with therapy it looked like they stuck her in front of a table and left her there to go deal with the other kids. Her sisters didn't even interact with her, not even the oldest. The ending was nice with them all doing stuff together though.
    Edited on 02/13/2007 3:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

sarahsaurus

[4]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 45
    The one in the wheelchair was the oldest daughter so are talking about Taylor? ( when you said not even the oldest)

LikeItOrNot

[5]Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah..Taylor. The oldest one of her sisters.

sarahsaurus

[6]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 45
    Thought so.

bonjovichick

[7]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 16

The one I would like them to revisit was from this year where the parents left the two teenage girls at home to raise the small boys while they did whatever. Expected them to do all the chores and watch the active boys oh and some how do their homeschool work. I felt that as soon as she left those two girls would be mistreated again. How do you expect your two kids to do all the work for a family while you do nothing but work?

miss_wierd

[8]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 13
    bonjovichick wrote:

The one I would like them to revisit was from this year where the parents left the two teenage girls at home to raise the small boys while they did whatever. Expected them to do all the chores and watch the active boys oh and some how do their homeschool work. I felt that as soon as she left those two girls would be mistreated again. How do you expect your two kids to do all the work for a family while you do nothing but work?

I saw that a few weeks ago! I didn't see it when it was orginally shown.. I saw the repeat. That was so sad! It made me cry along with Supernanny. First time I cried watching supernanny.. I hope it didn't go back to how they were before!!