Supernanny

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jan 17, 2005 In Season

Supernanny Fan Reviews (57)

7.6
  • attitude

I am raising my 3 yr old grand-daughter, who has had 2 brothers taken away and parents who when they see her are always giving her gifts. Now she has a sight disability, and Pica, and Marfan and is basically an only child, I am not young and have recently lost my husband, I haven't even had time to grieve, and now she talks to me with attitude, and hits, I am so afraid to didapline because she has gone through so much I want her to know she will always have me.
  • Sleep

I just want to ask super nanny Jo. My son will be 10months soon and he's been sleeping in my bed for nap time and bed time. He used to sleep in his crib a few months ago. How do I get him to sleep back in his crib?
  • Nanny becoming mother

3.5
    Id like to watch her with three children of her own. Im so sorry but I think shed also need somebodys advice. Please Nanny try having your own children now. Blessings.
  • This show is way better than watching NBA. NHL, MLB, or the NFL. It's also way better than Nanny 911.

This Show is great. The Kids fighting is way better then the NHL Fights. But there are some minor flaws with this show. 1 Why does Jo Forst always put up a routine when there is no issue with some of the families routine? 2 The background music is repetitive. What would be nice is to show more UK episodes. Everything else is a clean sheet 89/100 Great.
  • I NEED A NANNY BAD!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE WATCHED THIS SHOW SO MUCH I JUST WISH I HAD THE ANSWERS THAT THESE WOMAN HAVE I HAVE 3 CHRILDERN 11,8,2 THE 11 YEAR OLD AND THE 8 YEAR OLD HAVE DIFFERENT FATHERS THEN MY 2 YEAR OLD I AM WITH MY TWO YEAR OLDS DAD NOW BUT MY HOME IS SO CRAZY MY OLDEST CHRILDERN HAVE NOT BONDED WITH HIM AS WELL AS I WOULD OF HOPED AND MY 11 YEAR OLD IS JUST OUT OF CONTROL AND NOW MY 2 YEAR OLD IS PICKING UP ALL THERE BAD HABITS IM AFFRAID ITS CAUSING ME AND MY TWO YEAR OLDS DAD ALOT OF RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS BECAUSE I HAVE NO BACK BONE AND HE DOES WE CANT SEEM TO AGREE ON ANYTHING AND MY KIDS ARE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE IT WOULD BE AWSOME TO HAVE THESE WONDERFUL NANNYS COME SHOW ME THE WAY!!! JAIMIEADAMIRE@YAHOO.COM
  • I LIKE IT

I WISH I HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY YOU SO YOU CANT COME TO MY HOME
  • supernanny

I loved watching this show but have learned "time out" do not work. I liked the show because it showed me there are kids worse then mine. I would love to see them bring all the families back and see if years later it still working.
  • Jo Frost & Super Nanny

I Love Jo and her ways of parenting! I watch the show and think " There is NO WAY" she can straighten out this family!! But, if you all notice, by the end, the family is ALWAYS doing better. After watching the show, HOW CAN ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT Jo and her techniques? You don't have to have your own kids to know what is right or wrong, what works and what doesn't, I'm sure she has had parenting classes and lots of experiences that have made her as GREAT as she is. Keep up the GREAT work JO. I love you and the show!!
  • Quite disturbing really...

Imagine this: you're doing whatever you think is normal and follow the comfortable routine you're used to and raised to. Suddenly, some lady who you don't know comes in and claims that the way you and your parents are living is the "Wrong" way, but you honestly have no idea what she's talking about. The next week consists of the lady putting cameras in your bedroom, convincing your parents to change their ways, which makes you mad at them, and flipping your "Wrong" life upside down and shaking it until it's "Right", thus, making you a mindless perfect child robot who is polite and perfect, but no spunk and unique-ness whatsoever.

Now, how would you feel if you went through all this. This is the fate of every child on that show, even the normal ones who's siblings are the reason they are on the show. Sibling is bullying and mean, but your perfectly normal and nice? To bad, your getting the same treatment they are, guess it sucks to be you.

Now, excuse me and my habit of thinking everything is corrupt, but this time, I'm sure it's at least somewhat true. It invades the childs privacy, the parents privacy, the whole families privacy, and turns them into "Perfect" families, who, in reality, have become mindless robots.

Corrupt show, and if you watch it, it will fuel the corruption more.
  • Wow don't comment if you don't have kids! LOVE THE SHOW!

The nanny is great :) I love the show and I use her methods (when I don't everything falls to pieces). Thank you Nanny!

There are just to may factors in life to judge other moms so STOP! It's hard raising kids! If you are lucky enough to have perfectly behaved kids CONGRATULATIONS! Mine however are "spirited' to put it nicely. My four year old is very independent, smart and highly opinionated and it can be very hard to stay patient :p I love them so much though and I do everything I can to be a good mom. Bless all you Mommys!
  • Citarella family

You confront the couple with using "try" but you do not explain what that means. Understanding this is very important. The best way to help someone understand the concept is to have them "try" to pick something up. Often people just pick it up. You then, need to stop them and again say "try", do not actually pick it up. Eventually they get it.
  • I am a Mom of three and have found this very useful. I am certainly not in a position to need someone of her caliber, but I have taken some of her advise and implemented it into my own routine. I do know many parents who could really use her or need to,

I am a Mom of three and have found this very useful. I am certainly not in a position to need someone of her caliber, but I have taken some of her advise and implemented it into my own routine. I do know many parents who could really use her or need to, at least, watch the show! So glad the show is on!
  • People that make babies, then can't use common sense to raise them... hmmmmm

0.1
    These people and those who watch it shouldn\'t be making babies if they can\'t use common sense to raise them up.
    Common sense says.. If a kid is acting up, screaming and stuff to get something, you just don\'t give it to them. Let them scream and act up all they want, just let them know that\'s not the way. Do you really need a \"supernanny\" to teach you that? Thank God I have common sense!
  • Wow. parents that can't raise their own children, so they have to rely on some strange woman.

0.0
    Wow. This show even sounds stupid just by hearing the show's name. This show goes to show you that some parents are not fit to have children. Its kinda stupid how some strange woman can calm children when their parents could not, just by uttering a simple phrase. This could not happen in real life, its just some stupid producer's idea to get ratings. Do us all a favor and cancel this show.
  • A completely stupid show!

I don't understand how anyone could find this show entertaining! It's basically about a nanny who controls kids and does what a nanny is supposed to do (yet for some reason they put a "super" in front of her job title.

Granted, some kids may be more difficult than others, but why is that a reason to televise a person fixing up household problems? I honestly can't think of any reason why anybody would watch this as itis neither funny nor interesting and is bound to get repetitive.

This is the worst type of reality show and if you know me, you'll know I hate reality shows but I actually understand why people watch it. In this case, I'm at a loss.
  • oh plzzzzz! come on!

1.1
    I hate this show for so many reasons. From the little I have seen, I was really disgusted by this. Ok, parents do have difficulties, some big difficulties with their kids. But bringing those difficulties in a MONEY making TV show is disgusting! That`s cheap and just not parent worthy. That "Super Nanny" don`t even have kids, acting strict just for the money and to impress viewers does not make her a mum or any better that a mum. Its just not how things are and is pointless. She just puts some stupid, again pointless rules that most of all affects development of the kids. Take for example: how in the hell do you want a 5 year old kid not to cry. Its part of the child development...he must cry...fall and learn from all these. Super Nanny is a pointless show, just making money out of stupidity.
    I just want to give credit to the brilliant tribute South Park gave to that show. ;-)
  • I would never hire supernanny even if my kid is unruly

This is what makes shows like this and Nanny 911 stupid. These parents have kids who act up and misbehave and instead of trying to find a way to reason with them, they hire a baby-sitter to fix the problem for them. Sometimes the parents in some of these episodes are the reason why their kids are wild and what's even worse is these people make their kids problems public for the purpose of helping the show make money and it's like they don't think of the public humiliation their kids are going to go through growing up. I don't consider embarrasing children a way to make them change for the better. One of the biggest mistakes I've seen alot of parents in this show make is that they sit there and scream at their kids, they punish them for being bad, but they don't offer to reward their kids for doing good, which doesn't give a child a good reason to be good
  • I wonder why the Supernanny only goes to rich people's houses?

The families that are on the show have the biggest, most beautiful houses. They don't even look like real houses when they show them from the outside. Is it that the families have to pay to have her come to their houses and to be on the show? I would think that the families would be paid to be on the show. If the parents are educated enough to have jobs that pay them enough to have such large, beautiful homes, I would think that they would be smart enough to have better parenting skills or why don't they have nannies of their own to help them? It all just irritates me, yet somehow I'm drawn to it.
  • Super Nanny Joe is called by families to come help them get control of their kids and teach them parenting and discipline.

I have to admit Joe is pretty amazing with children and parents. She always seems to be able to find out why the children acted up, then able to explain to the parents what they need. Some episodes get boring because Joe always uses the same techniques. On the other hand, it might be boring BUT it works! If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? In most episodes it seems the "naughty seat" seems to be the turning point and breaks most children. Sometimes the child sits on it for 10 minutes and learns, Sometimes they keep getting up and running. If they get up, sometimes it takes as long as 3-5 hours to get the child to stay for 10 minutes. The bottom line is Joe always gets it to work. She gives the families games to play when spending time. Overall the show gets a 6.5 out of 10, just because it's kind of the same thing every week, but Joe gets a 10 out of 10 for taking care of children!
  • Supernanny shows you ways how to take take care of chilren, gain control, and keep the control. And they work!!!

I love Supernanny. I work in an after school program and my major is in Education. I grew up as an only child and have almost no experience dealing with groups of childern. I know I like to teach, I know I like to deal with children one on one, but when I went into my job I began to loose classroom control very quickly. But watching Supernanny has greatly help me with classroom control. She's amazing. Nothing works for every situation, but after watching her show I began to gain better classroom control bit by bit. I have to work at it, but I take ideas from the show and tweak them so they fit with a group of 20 children and they work. They really do. I still have a long way to go, but I think with every episode I take something else away that helps me in my job. I may not have children, but Supernanny helps beyond that. The children are my responsiblity for almost four hours every day. Four hours I must maintain control to keep a safe environment. I am truly greatful this series was created!
  • Civilian Contractor?? Thought this would be about an enlisted soldier!!

3.7
    The father is a "civilian contractor". He is not a deployed soldier. He is in Iraq for the money. Mrs. Martinez is going through something they "decided" to do, not something that was not by choice. Nanny 911, go to Germany and deal with a mother who thought she was there with her husband and children for a three year tour. They decide to have another child so the Dad(full time soldier) would be there for the whole pregnancy, birth and raising their child. Then, 3/4 way thru the pregnancy, they find out that Soldier will be deployed, not for six months but for 15 months. So then we have a mom with a newborn child and a 6 & 3 yr old and she is alone. Don't even tell me that the military is her new family. They were not there to get her through a dead car battery or all of them having the flu. She was all by herself with a newborn! Try doing a show on that!!!!!!!! Thank you.
    Gramma
  • I like this show.

I really like this show. It is imformative and entertaining. In this show Jo Forst, the supernanny, helps families all around the United States discipline their unruly, bratty kids. She tells the kids to call her "JoJo." Sure she does not have her own kids but she seems to know what she is doing. There are a lot of annoying kids and pushover parents. Most of her techniques seem to work. Jo seems like a nice person too. I have never read her book but if parents need some help giving their kids discipline they should either watch this show or buy her book.
  • I like it.

Supernanny is a suprisingly good show. Oddly enough, I like it. This show features Jo Frost. She is a nanny who is on a mission to turn spoiled brats into well behaved children. Some children are REALLY bad and they can not control them selves. Some, are somewhat good and it's their siblings that need the discipline. This show is really good. I like to see how bad the children behave. I like seeing what they do to their parents and how their parents do nothing about it. This show is oddly good. Suprisingly, I do like this show. It is pretty good.
  • I don't like this show...

A nanny goes through out the US to find families that are having children difficulties. The kids are always misbehaving and bad. The nanny somehow is able to get the kids to behave in a week. Basically, she doesn't teach the kids but she teaches the parents. I just don't really like this show. It seems a bit fake and over dramatic. It's nice to hear the advice the nanny gives, but that's all I like. The nanny's accent gets annoying also. Overall, not a very good show and something I would not watch unless there was nothing else on tv.
  • "Be good, be good?"

5.5
    When I first saw this show, I actually felt quite scared about the parts where children like, hit each other, and then the parents come over to stop them for discipline. It even happened to families in my neighborhood. I was going to give this a 1, but I decided to go in between, because Supernanny is always on the job whenever there's trouble going on. She always gives rules to kids (and sometimes parents) so that they can all be peaceful again and not be dysfunctional anymore. I would recommend this show to parents rather than kids, because everyone knows that only they can teach their kids that they know better.
  • Your in for a show!

This is suprisingly Exciting,helpfull and funny.
    From Cursing Children to fighting five year olds, this show is about Bad kids. well not BAD always but familys with out of control kids usally 2-6 kids in the familly and mostly ages 2-10.
    when nanny first comes to the house she watches the behaveoir of the kids AND how the Parents handle the kids, through one week nanny tries to help the family create goal and get the kids undercontrol! Even if the kids dont want to change they DO. (no matter how hard for nanny it is) Becuse Nanny usally gets scrathed, bite, kicked hie ect..
    after the kids have normal behaviors they usally go on a Vaction as a reward (well at least in the episodes I saw) Sorry for the typo's and spelling =]
  • very very good show...Nanny Jo is "THE MAN"!!

Nanny Jo is just amazing. I enjoy watching the show every Monday night. Nanny Jo offers some great advice to parents especially to parents with young children. She always seems to know what to do and by the time the episode is over, you almost don't want to see her leave the family because it's like she's part of the family. Nanny Jo is gentle, firm and knows when it's time for fun and time for seriousness. I wouldn't be surprised to see Supernanny on for many more years to come. It's a great show for new parents, even those with teens or pre-teens. Nanny Jo has something for everyone!
  • Love the show. Between Nanny 911 and Supernanny, Supernanny gets the prize!!

Supernanny is a show where a UK nanny by the name of Jo Frost helps family get control of their kids. She seems to basically apply the same technique to each family overall, but its just a matter of getting the family to be consistent and tough with their kids, as some people are afraid to be too tough with their kids and there's just the factor that children don't come with manuals. Jo Frost teaches and shows various families how to apply the technique and even if it doesn't work the first time just keeping going to provide some sort of consistency. Overall, I love this show, although I end up missing it a lot because The Apprentice comes on at the same time, and its really a tough call because I don't believe that one show is better than the other, but whether you have kids or not, I believe the show is a joy and learning experience to watch. She seems to get across to the parents better than the nannies on Nanny 911. So tune in to see the works of Jo Frost.
  • I am sort of addicted to this show.

7.6
    Supernanny is an interesting show because I both love it and hate it. I hate to see kids behaving in such terrible manners and parents so clueless as to how the problem should be dealt with, but I love seeing JoJo being blunt with everyone involved. Sometimes I get so aggrivated at the kids and their behavior that I want to turn the channel because they are actually getting under my skin! I also often feel the need to slap a parent and say "do something about your kids!" I guess the show is working because it is getting a reaction out of its viewers.

I don't know if parents can learn from watching the show, but I would admit that it could be possible to use some of the tactics displayed. It certainly couldn't hurt...or could it?
  • Very useful

First of all... to the people who gave this show "Poor" and "Abysmal" reviews - the purpose of this show is to teach. It is a teaching show. It's not meant to be pure entertainment. So, yeah, if you're looking for mindless entertainment, you're not going to enjoy this show, because this show is about twice as entertaining as the average college course, and for pretty much the same reasons.

I happened to flip to this a few weeks ago, and even though I have no children and no intention of ever having children, I was still hooked. It touched a lot of strings, and I learned a lot about relating to children (who have always seemed a lot like foreign creatures to me). After studying Jo (who is, after all, meant to be studied, not enjoyed), I now feel not completely out of my depth when faced with a child.

For parents, this show is a must-see. It teaches how to get at the root of what's making your children unhappy, without sacrificing discipline. It teaches how to spend time with your children without becoming overwhelmed and frustrated, and it encourages healthy, non-abusive ways of dealing with common issues. Not many shows do a significant service to society - this is one of the few.
< 1 2