Supernatural

Bitten

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 24, 2012 on The CW

• HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

If i see another Cas-less episode i swear i will find out a way to turn into a warewolf and attach the producers and directors of this show.
  • Love it! people need to be more patient

I really liked Bitten. We can argue about the handheld camera style of filming; I personally think it is okay for this kind of show every once in a while. Most importantly, I like that Supernatural is a series which is not afraid to experiment.

I understand that people are eager to find out what happened in Purgatory, and how will the season develop around Kevin, Crowley and the exile of demons plan; I also understand that with that big picture in mind, Bitten was not transcendental and our favourite brother almost didn't participate.

But that's no reason enough to hate the episode!. Bitten was great at showing the whole Supernatural world from the perspective of 3 normal kids, even if they were cliche. I liked it because we are used to Sam and Dean being familiar with pretty much everything they encounter, and we as viewers relax because we know they can handle it, not the case with these kids.

I know it's a filler, people hate the handhelfd camera and that the Winchester's were missed. But judge the episode based on how good or bad it was, not on how would you have liked it be. Many comments seems to be wishing for a season finale already.
  • Annoying reviews

Just read through the reviews for this epsiode of Supernatural and I find it really annoying how some people have no imagination or room for creativity. This was a fantasic episode that helped to show that sam and dean will leave someone alone so long as they don't hurt anoyone and they are really just a victim. I believe this episode might turn out to be a major ark for the whole season because remember, dean brought a monster back with him from purgetory and theres got to be a reason why he thought that was okay to do.

So please people, loosen up and show some respect for the writers, they know what they are doing.
  • Getting tired, boys?

2.5
    Aside from being SO last decade, I detest the found-footage style and the reason is in those tedious kiddies filming their vacuous empty lives in search of "their film". Found-footage with its faux-improvised dialogue is "home for the holidays family movie" boredom writ large and yet a million movie-literate but literature-illiterate movie-brats are churning this crap out. So it was with this episode. It was EXCRUCIATINGLY boring. While I appreciate some think it a bold experiment I suspect it was a chance to give the two stars a week off. Not fooled. Winchesters. Your series if drifting badly and listing badly to starboard. Time to surround yourself with a cast again if you want a break.
  • zombie honeymoon anybody?

not a bad movie,. wife sticks by her newly zombied hubby even as he eats their friends in front of her...and the rationalizations fly because it's new love or love conquers all or ??? but as already stated the video is a a new addition to this story,...i really enjoyed this episode,and if you get the chance check out the movie. ps...you got to love the rutt in the end. i kept thinking about two rams charging at each other,or the bull seals fighting to the death for that seasonal ***k...and will we see our female werewolf in another ep? will dean let her live her life? will she start her very own pack? will the two men (boys)who love her rise as zombies on another network? or will she end up on prozac hiding in the woods,sending out vids to a cruel world who will never understand her?//////////?
  • Surprisingly Enjoyable

Despite what everyone here says I really enjoyed this episode. Sure it's been done before, but in this episode the camcorder style actually worked. The acting was good and so was the suspense. I've seen worse episodes. I'd give this one a 8.
  • THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER??

First of all as loyal fans the last thing we need to do is to "Trash talk our show". That being said, I agree that season 8's opener didn't have that pop that the last 7 seasons first episodes had, However....if you didn't get it "LOYAL FANS" the episode is revealing and underlying story that is slowly unfolding with Dean's moments of flash backs. If anyone of you think you can do better at writing an episode then PROVE IT!! I think it would be very interesting if the writers wrote a few episodes based on the FAN'S creative input. So if any of the shows producers, writers, actors, stage hands are reading fan based reviews....how bout it??? Think you would be interested in hearing from your fans on adventures they'd like to see their heros go on? Let us know.
  • Bitten

Bitten was a superb and very entertaining episode of Supernatural. I really enjoyed watching because the story was intriguing and I liked the style of cinematography. The characters were great and it was interesting to watch what happened to this trio. I liked how every thing played out and the character interactions were phenomenal. I liked the ending and look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Good episode.

The episode has very sad story. In common it was interesting.I liked the moment that Dean said: "Let's kill her" even when Sam was against. More Kills any monsters. :)
  • Awesome

This season start it slow but this episode so far is the best i dont know why people complain about it cause supernatural it suppose make a tribute of those old good horror movies and this episode catch that essence the feeling of this episode was really good and i like it this episode reminds some flashbacks when i was kid when i start to watch horror movies thats the reason my score is 9.5
  • where was our boys

Who came up with the idea of following a group of unsuspecting college groupies around for this episode. Hated it! don't get me started on the hand held camera formula. Its in every other modern film and i am sick of it! Ten years ago this episode would have wowed us but now its just looks like the supernatural team has either given up or gone off the rails a little. I appreciate the writers coming up with innovative ideas but they get a thumbs down overall from me. I must admit having your professor as a werwolf sounds pretty incredible, but i wanted the winchesters to be on the screen 80% of the time not the actors they came up with. The stylisation of the episode created problems then it solved. for instance the scene where the professor gets confronted by the boy. There are moments where he is holding the camera for the purpose of the audience at the same time trying to control his interrogation it does not work its unnatural.
  • The Blair Werewolf Pureblood Project

This week's episode featured a departure from the typical Supernatural formula. Seeing an investigation from the found footage aspect was a nice change of pace. Some might say that the Ghostfacers episode was much like this but that wasn't found and I don't get a kick out of watching those characters. At least this episode had enough Sam and Dean to follow and the monster-of-the-week. Further expanding the werewolf mythos and one of the college kids describing the hunger of the werewolf experience. The awkward one, Brian, putting together that his English professor (who is a royal tool) and blackmailing him into giving him the powers that his friend has so that he can impress his best friend's girlfriend was next level screwed up. However, that being said the relationships between the trio was believable and tragic the way that Kate was bitten by Brian after he killed Mike in sort of self-defense and tells her he loves her. She kills Brian and takes his heart, a motif from the past two episodes. The expanding mythos of the pure-blood or fourth generation werewolf being able to partially transform even not during the full moon was creepy and the unconventional way that the story unfolded with Sam and Dean finding the aftermath and being too late to do anything about it was a nice reversal from normal as well. But the best part of the episode was the college kids shadowing Sam and Dean and saying that there is a "work place romance" between them and commenting how Dean says awesome so much really showed Supernatural being able to still flex its meta-muscles and jab fun at itself. What transpired was tragic and messed up, but I read Lord of the Flies in high school not college and the parallels with the book and the episode were subtle and effective with Brian no longer wanting to be his milquetoast self and he got his wish. That being said, Kate's confession that she hasn't nor will she hurt anybody and her not choosing to be a werewolf was sad but Sam and Dean should still have ganked her despite that as a motif in this show is that a monster that goes free will come back to bite you. Very different straying from the typical formula and Supernatural's ability to try to experiment new ways of the monster-of-the-week I hope can continue to develop.
  • loved it!

i'll admit i've been so-so about supernatural this season so far. don't get me wrong, i still love the show, but these days sometimes i even forget to watch it on tv. this episode, however, got me back to looking forward to next week's episode, which so far has not happened this season. here's hoping 'blood brother' keeps it up!
  • Can't believe it

I can't believe how much I LOVED THAT EPISODE!!!

I just joined to say how much I loved it. I see a lot of people commenting on here hated it and I can understand that. It's not everybodies cup of tea and typically I hate that whole 'found footage, shakey camera work' type of show too. But for some reason I loved this episode.

I am surprised at how hardly seeing Dean and Sam made so little difference to me. But it didn't make a difference at all.

The last two seasons have been disappointing but apart from last weeks episode, which was no worse than average, season 8 is going fantastically well. I am loving it just like I used to. Getting away from silly leviathans and back into monsters of the week and demons is brilliant.

Those complaining perhaps haven't given this season enough time. Great seasons take time to build and this one is building superbly.
  • Well watched this one all the way through

While I won't go as low as some here but this definitely was the worst episode of the season so far and likely the entire season. As I recall they've done this type episode a couple of time previously. It is a take off on the Blair Witch Project which I hated after only 5 minutes and stopped watching. I really dislike these home made video episodes and this one was pretty bad. This first person perspective thing really doesn't work and the production values are miserable. Finally on the bad side, as others have stated, we didn't get the Winchesters in this episode much at all. They could have been guest stars with a minimal appearance. The only good part was some of the back story. I did like the relationships between the three werewolf people but that was about it. As far as I'm concerned they would be better off if they never do one of these first person videos again.
  • ....

its not a great episode, maybe its one of those episode when it just descended down to but its not that bad, its really crafty though, like that one episode where Sam and Dean met the Ghostfacers the one is I guess, I liked the part where they almost all die and the blood splashing thing and everything in a "mehh' episode....
  • Other Side of the Spectrum

A lot of hate for this week's Episode, but I would have to disagree. I understand people were upset because it didn't primarily focus on the show's stars. I think it was good however, Supernatural continues to grow with it's creativity and inventive techniques. They don't always stick to same old thing, you often see episodes like this, done a complete different style. This was likely a pick at Paranormal Activity, with the 4th one hitting Theaters last weekend. What I liked most about this episode is how it took on the opposite side of the spectrum. We knew Sam and Dean was doing their digging and how they was going about doing that, we didn't even need to see them do it to know. So it went off well that we seen just enough of them to know that. While on the other hand, we got a first person view of the Victims for once. Hence the opposite side of the spectrum. I liked that very much, it was a nice change of pace seeing how they are handling it without Sam and Dean there to tell them everything, but rather them stalking Sam and Dean to get the best answers they can. For the hate in the end of the episode, I get it. Yes Dean Killed an old girlfriend of Sam's just to let this girl go. Here's the thing though folks, this girl has yet to hurt a single human, so why not give her the chance? With The chick in Season 7, she had hurt people already, yes to save her kid, still fact remains, it's a different situation, so I don't know how you can compare. All in all, a risky episode, but inventive and I liked it.
  • Not your typical episode

I loved this episode! I tend to like art house type movies and the movie here is the type I would like to watch.

The ending was great with Sam and Dean having to do some reframing in what really is a monster. We know from past experience Dean would just see monster but after watching the movie he had to do some deeper thinking on that.

Not much of Sam and Dean in the episode so I can see why some did not like it but it gave Sam and Dean some of the best opportunities for growth in the least amount of time.
  • A clever title goes here!

Write a quick review to share your thoughts...
  • Great episode

This season is shaping up to be one of the best. Its so much more dark and has a mature sense to it.

The episode was creative and shows the show is flexible and risk taking. Stop crying over seasons past which by the way were all great but this is a new season! Oh and by the way i'm still super waiting to find out what happened to cas
  • Worst Episode Ever!

I have watched every episode of Supernatural and I absolutely hate this one. Only 15 minutes in and I am so annoyed. Where the hell are Sam and Dean? DON'T TRY THIS AGAIN!!!!

Okay, 20 minutes in and I just cannot watch any more. I guess this willl be the only episode I do not watch!
  • WHERE IS SUPERNATURAL

What happen to this show? It is season 8 and it shows I can't say I like any of the new shows and is it me but at one point Sam and Dean really love each other now they can't even stand being around each other what happen to the brotherly love. I wish this show would have ended last season. Now I think it's becoming a another X files that did go on two seasons to long.

Well this show was just bad I hated the camera I don't like it when they do it in the Movies and I hated it for this show. The acting was also bad I know they was going for something different but this failed all around.

(Kids take note this is what happens when you don't have any new ideas.)

I really don't see this season getting any better any time soon.

PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST SEASON!!!!!!
  • Chill out guys!

Look. This is the EIGHTH season of the show. We've seen ghosts a plenty. We've seen monsters, gods, demons, angels.... in fact to be honest the only thing Supernatural hasn't tackled is aliens (Trickster tricks not withstanding). I'll be honest: for me I figured it was going to be harder for Supernatural to bring in monsters now we've met Eve, the creator of them all. An intriguing character completely shoved aside, I thought it was very anti-climatic for them to go hunting monsters without looking into just what the hell she was in more detail. How much power did she have? Why could she create any monster she so chose? Where did she come from?

However, in a season of 23 episodes, the show does have to bring back some sort of monster. Which is cool... if they can find new and interesting ways to do it. And that is exactly what we see here!

Yes, it's very Paranormal Activity. But there are two ways you can look at this episode, as you can the one last week. You can hate it straight away for barley featuring the boys, for focusing on three characters we've never met, for not (AGAIN!!) addressing the arc.... or you can appreciate it for what it is.

Which is what I'm going to do.

On it's own, this was a very solid episode that fell in the wrong place in the season. It's obviously been slotted in there to give Jenson and Jared a break... but guys we're only 4 episodes in! Not only that, but you've spent the last three episodes building up a story arc around what the guys have been getting up to in the past year. And, 4 episodes into the new season, you take a massive U-Turn and choose to place an episode that barley features them in instead! This episode would have done much better a little further into the season... maybe around the episode 14 mark. As it is, we've only just got the boys back on our screens, and I understand why some people would be miffed we are taking a week away from them.

However, that is not to say this wasn't a very solid episode. The shaky cam filmed horror movie genre is kind of growing on me, I'll admit. It's interesting to see the boys from an outsider's perspective, as well as the crazy world they inhabit. With every movie like this, it stretches credibility that when all hell is breaking loose they still manage to carry a camera around (clearly they went to the same College as Bear Grylls' camera crew) but that's a common cliche for this type of movie, and it's forgiveable.

The characters were likable, if a little cliche. You have the nerd who's living in his best friend's shadow. You have the confident alpha male. You have the hot chick who falls for said alpha male. But in true Supernatural style, there is a nice twist worked into it. I had no idea how it was going to end; in fact I find that's true with pretty much every Supernatural episode. It was also a nice new twist on monster mythology, introducing us to Pure-Blood werewolves closely related to the Alpha. One of the things I loved about Season 6 was the introduction of Alphas, even if it didn't really go anywhere (a lot of things in season 6 didn't really go anywhere...)

So. In my opinion we can moan that this really wasn't what we wanted to see in episode 4 of what's shaping up to be a promising season, and in truth we could do that. I was frustrated at the start of the episode to find it was another filler, and a filler not featuring the Winchesters. Or, we can appreciate it for what it was; a fun, cleverly written twist on a movie genre with some likeable characters and a fresh look at monsters.
  • Brilliant

As a longtime fan of the series, I love Sam and Dean Winchester, but it's nice to take a step back and see the story through someone else's eyes. And an outside look of the brothers is refreshing and pretty funny at times.

To those who criticize the "found footage" trope, I think that it speaks to the larger universe that Sam and Dean occupy and makes this episode an important addition to the series. In today's technological world where everything is recorded, posted, and tweeted, I absolutely believe that the supernatural would (and should) end up on some self-absorbed teenager's camera. How long until hunters and the people they saved aren't the only ones aware of the things that go bump in the night? Before Sam and Dean run into a real government agent on the hunt for vampires?
  • Disappointed!!!

As much as I love watching Supernatural ever since its pilot episode from Season 1, this was definitely one of the WORST! I'm not hating on the three new actors' performances, I'm just hating on the ending. *SPOILER ALERT* When Sam and Dean let Kate go I was a bit disappointed and confused. I mean, Dean killed Sam's longtime girlfriend in one of the older seasons and Sam killed Dean's 'monster-daughter'- in the episode where the girl sleeps with Dean and has a daughter who matures really fast and becomes part of the all-girl-monster cult. Anyways after all that, they LET HER GO! I'll be extra frikn disappointed if she reappears in another episode. Supernatural was 'awesome' for so many seasons, but now it's just sucking!!!
  • A clever title goes here!

4.5
    wow what a wasted episode! can season 8 get started already..
  • A SuperNatural not about Sam and Dean.... Oh no! No Wincest this episode....

So, just like every other decent Sci-Fi Fantasy show, Supernatural experiments with certain episodes (still waiting for that musical episode to come . The series decides to do a 'found footage' episode.

Someone commented that it was the love child of Blair Witch and Chronicle (which was meant to be However Blair Witch is one of the top grossing independent movies of all time, and Chronicle was smart and gets about 85% on Rotten Tomatoes....

This episode was (I hate to say it) a little refreshing. Taking a break from Sam and Dean isn't bad. And if the reason you are watching this series (after 8 seasons) is to still hear the 'Dammit Sam, just leave!", "Fine, I will "Good!", "There I did", "Come back now", "Sorry I left, but I had to!" story.... well, I'm sorry your brain is mush, and you just want the same garbage recycled over and over.

This episode wasn't good. But few have been for a while. Hopefully with Amanda Tapping in the picture things should become very interesting.

Was this the worst episode of the season? Only if you hate found footage stories. Which, after being beaten over the head with them.... most people should.

However this found footage episode was pretty good compared to some of the... stuff... out there.

Not Good, Not Bad. Had to be done, and now that its done..... never do it again.

Now about that Musical Episode.... if this show is going to be 10 seasons... you know it's coming....
  • try something new

a new angle is good, trying new stuff is cool but not when it doesnt work afterwards. waiting ep05
  • A new try

To me, this episode is a Supernatural style of the movie "Chronicle"

I think the episode is nice as the integration of two different style of stories was well made

However, I admit that this episode is not very "Supernatural"

Not that exciting and suspicious but more human nature and thinking

So, some of you would not like it or even hate it

However, you guys may treat it as a contrast or a resting episode of usual Supernatural style

in order to keep you more excited on Supernatural

I am the one that admire the movie "Chronicle" without feeling it boring

So, I like this episode too, and it is actually more funny than the movie already.

If you do not agree with me, don't "bite" me. haha
  • Great, tense, heartbreaking episode

I've noticed a similar pattern whenever there are reviews regarding an episode or any media surrounding found footage.

It's definitely a polar issue and many people just don't see past the found-footage style and see the bigger picture or the message that is being sent across to the audience.

In this episode, you see these young people who are just ordinary students attending a college. Love is in the air, jealousy hits, and this leads to an unfortunate ending. This isn't just a monster tale. Rather, it's one with heart and that's easily broken in a show like supernatural.

The two male leads start out as best friends as the one falls in love with a girl. They all lay out their future dreams and where they want to be and they all are very happy with their life. But this is supernatural, nothing happy ever lasts.

I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but one unfortunate event leads to another and another as the group's dreams are broken and completely shattered. Here is where the message lies: No monster is truly a form of evil. Every monster starts out just as innocently and happily until one unfortunate, external event triggers all hell.

Personally, I thought this episode was quite refreshing and completely broke my heart at the end after seeing such happy relationships take root and dreams mulled.

Please, don't let the found footage style ruin it or convince you otherwise.
< 1 2