Supernatural

Bugs

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2005 on The CW

• Esta vez lo sobrenatural no vino acompañado de lo habitual pero este capítulo es un ejemplo de la amplia gama de historias que esta serie puede cubrir. Además, saber que los actores en verdad tuvieron que enfrentarse a esos insectos fue really cool!

Ok, en resumen, los chicos van a investigar la muerte de un trabajador de construcción y terminan descubriendo que los insectos de la zona están causando muertes.
    Descubren los huesos de un nativo norteamericano y eso los lleva a una tribu donde les cuentan una vieja leyenda. Hace 200 años una tribu fue masacrada en ese lugar (la matanza duró 6 días) y al último día se juró que ningún hombre blanco volvería a ese valle o la naturaleza se vengaría y protegería el lugar. Al terminar el sexto día nadie sobreviviría.
    Ahora los hermanos tienen que advertir a los habitantes y evitar una masacre.
    Muy buen capítulo, véanlo.
  • Dean&Sam arrive in a town checking up a report of a mysterious death, and stop at a realtor's open house barbecue. Sam meets the realtor's son , who is fascinated with bugs. Soon the town is invaded by swarms of deadly bugs, and there may be no way out.

Dean and Sam arrive in a town checking up a report of a mysterious death, and stop at a realtor's open house barbecue. Sam meets the realtor's son Matt, who is fascinated with bugs. Soon the town is invaded by swarms of deadly bugs, and there may be no way out. Not my favourite episode..i actually could call it my least favourite! maybe cause i found insects rather discusting...however they scary part was there, comedy was also there and overall i could call it a pretty interesting episode!
  • i liked this episode, due to sam finding out that even though he when to college and his dad did not want him to go he still checked you on him.

this episode shows the relationship different between dean and his dad compared to sam and their dad, when they were growing up dean did as he was told a propper dadies boy were as sam wanted to be normally eg play soccer instead of going bow hunting.

sam finds out that his dad kept checking up on him making sure that he was ok, that nothing had happened to him. this makes him feeling guilty about not phoning his dad and sorting things out this makes him wanna find his dad even more.

dean relises that sam wants to be normal more than he though when they go down memory lane about how their father treated them. sam seemed to have it harder due to wanting to have a normal life and his father not allowing it. dean got treat better as he accepted his dads work and understood that this is what they should do.

• I used to have a bug phobia, this episode didn't exactly cure that

Wow, I didn’t expect this episode to be THAT good. I’ve always been very frightened of bugs for some reason, and this one didn’t really took my fear away. Every minute I was going all ‘ew, ew, ew, ew, ew’ but I’ve also always been interested in bug episodes. Those always leave something behind, they impress me. But this was unexpected, the episode was very wel written without a chick-of-the-week character (finally) and pretty original (something new for the show)

It all begins with two guys who are making houses on new ground but suddenly one of the two falls in a hole filled with insects, when the other finally grabs some rope to take him out, he finds his buddy dead.

Dean and Sam go to some party where people are going to buy new houses on that ground, and everyone thought that Dean and Sam were lovers. Ahahah! That made me laugh out loud, so wrong it’s almost hot.

They soon meet the first main-guy role. A kid called Matthew who is very fond of bugs and he becomes a suspect immediately. He also tries to scare this woman that later on the episode gets killed in her shower by hundreds of spiders.

Dean, Sam and Matthew later go in the woods and they find a huge place filled with worms, Dean grabs something that is buried in that place and it turns out to be a skull.

Also something I really liked about the episode was Sam’s story and that his father always treated him like a freak because he always wanted to do normal stuff. Sam thought that his father was disappointed in him but Dean says that there is no such thing. This was a great add to the father storyline and the first reason so far that made me want to meet their dad.

Anyway, Dean and Sam think that the skull they found was from a native American and they go to a village close to there and they find an old man who doesn’t like Dean’s lying, but he likes Sam because he’s honest. He tells that on the land where those new houses are coming, that years ago when the native Americans lived there that they were murdered in six days by white folks. So now the land is cursed and in six days the nature would kill all the whites.

Dean and Sam call Matthew to get his family out of there but the father doesn’t believe them. Soon they figure out it’s too late so they hide in the house but the insects come inside and almost kills them until the light comes back and all the insects leave (I wasn’t happy with this conclusion because it wasn’t really an explanation why they survived) but oh well. The dad of the kid was now proud of him and Sam wants to find his dad now more than ever.

I never expected this episode to be so good, the only minus was the conclusion of the episode.
    I’ve always had a bug phobia and this didn’t cure me!
  • Bugs was a cute eposide i mean sam was soo hott in the eposide! and matt was kinda cute 2. but it was about the killer bugs who aatack them but as usual sam and dean kicked their asses.

ok, Bugs was a great eposide I think in my opinion. it also has nothing 2 do wit the fact6 that im in luv wit the co-star Jared Padalecki who playes the part of sam in the show hes soo hott it was a great eposide i luved it! i dont really care what other ppl think. but.. the story lin3 on how the indians had bugs and stuff was a bit of a let down BUT I LUVED IT!!!
  • Sam and dean find out about a native american curse that is put on a land and are infested by bugs.

Well first off the 2 brothers are so different and reconcile about their father after they see how the realtor treats his son. Sam feels what the 13year old feel because of his experiences with his father and how they didn't really get along. His father wanted him to learn hunting skills for solving a supernatural mystery and he wanted to join a soccer team and have a normal life. Dean tells him that their dad is proud of him just if he would have called he could have told him that he was proud of him and that he should follow whatever he pleases to do in life.
    The memorable scene of the realtor thinking both brothers were gay was funny as when dean slapped sam in the butt just to get a kickout of it. Another memorable scene was when the brothers sneak into the house and dean tries the sauna and comes out of the bathroom with a towel on his head looking like an idot but funny. I can't wait till next week when sam and dean go back home and dean seems like of akward going into thed house where their mom died because it brings back bad memories for the guys well more for dean because he saw what happened to his mom and was young when he witnessed that event and sam was just a baby and didn't remember anything just that his mom died.
  • bugs is lot better than I was expecting, because there was a big buzz that it will be a filler episode. I think not!!!!!!

Bugs episode was more focused on about the relationship between Father and sons. Bugs has a kind message that no matter how much we may differ with our parents. In the end, they want best for us.

Sam and Dean as brothers are doing phenomenal job, the way these two worked together make them very beleivable as brother. This is the beauty of this Show, sometimes script may be less creepy or scary but Sam and Dean 's relation make show very interesting to watch.

Bugs and Wendigo are quite similar to each other in the sense they reveal true emotions of the characters.
  • eww bugs that is so gross. for once it wasn't a spirit they didn't evn kill. but it was still a cool eppy.

Dean and sam and everyone else in that attic definitely got stung. poor them. and omg it was so gross when the boy had the tarantuala and Sam picked it up and then there was the spiders on the underside of the town in that womans house. it was weird how the cops hadn't found that yet and traditionally they would not put tape on the floor for it could ruin evidence but they did for the show but oh well. and then there was the roaches. now that was desguisting and im glad the boy learned his lesson and got away from bugs cause no one with any sense likes them . (Sry peeps who do but they are just disturbing). lol but it is cool how we got to see a curse with the lines, "how do we stop a curse"..."We dont we get out of its way" thats very cool. luved this eppy with all its grossness lol
  • Fathers and sons...and a town full of bugs.

I gotta admit that I was somewhat reluctant to watch this episode with high expectations. I mean, small town...big bug problem...heroes save the day, etc. etc. etc. But as usual with "Supernatural", I was completely blown away. This episode could have been so cliche, but in fact the bug story was, in my own opinion, kinda secondary to what the episode was really about. Quite simply, last night's episode was about fathers and sons and their relationships (or lack thereof).

Finally! We get some great back story of Sam's relationship with his and Dean's father. Yes, Sam was forced to face some demons (metaphorically, this time at least). Evidently, Sam and John (the Winchesters' dad) have had their fair share of differences which, if I heard correctly, one point of which resulted in Sam being kicked out of the house. But after Dean explained that, despite everything John and Sam had done and said to each other, when Sam went off to college that John would stop by and check up on him. Now THAT'S a father's love. It's hardly the most heartfelt thing in the world, but given everything this family has been through I feel compelled to emphasize that. It seems that John wants his sons to be safe HIS way after the horror of their mother's death and the bizarreness surrounding it, which is clearly why he raised his sons to be like warrior ghostbusters (or Slayers, for lack of a more humorous reference). Therefore he feels it more appropriate to keep his sons safe by turning them into monster killers. But it's also understandable that Sam just wants a normal safe life. However, as much as he's tried to do this, it just ain't meant to be. His girlfriend died the same horrible death their mother did and now Sam sees he really has no choice but to join the 'family business' of spook hunting. Side note: I still think the mystery of all this is related to Sam, but more on that as the story unfolds. Anyway, both Sam and John are right in their arguements, but they disagree with each other, even though Sam ultimately had to give in to the whole thing.

Obviously we were meant to see a parallel between Larry and his son Matt to John and Sam (and even Dean in that respect). That's pretty much what started the whole 'worm can opening' from Dean about Sam and John, and it also explains why Sam was so easy to befriend Matt. I was so glad to see Larry genuinely show how he was wrong and admitted how much he cares for his family at the end. He could've come off as the typical hard-headed, stubborn, domineering father, which he started off as portraying, so it was nice to see him soften in the end. Kinda reminds me of 'Hook Man', where the suspected dad was in fact a victim instead of instigator. Yet another reason why I'm loving this show, I am really liking all these one-time secondary characters. I so hope we get to see them again in the future.

Now, about Dean. It's interesting that Dean kept emphasizing the word 'family' to Sam. And the way he said it. I kept getting mixed emotions during all of Dean's scolding to Sam over their father. Part of me felt that Dean just wanted to berate Sam for leaving and abandoning the family just out of spite and possible jealousy, and the other part of me felt that he did in fact do it to simply show Sam how much he cares about his brother and his well being. Like I said in my review for 'Bloody Mary', I think there's more to Dean than he's letting on at this point, but again more as the story continues... It is also interesting that Sam told Dean that John said that Dean was the 'perfect one'. This could just be simply that Dean had seemed (I guess) more enthused about monster hunting with his dad than Sam was, and therefore John thought of Dean that way. Clearly, in John's eyes, Sam wanting a normal life is not perfect. I have one problem, however, with Sam wanting to apologize to John when they find him. He shouldn't be the only one. John should apologize too. And not just to Sam, but also to Dean. Don't misunderstand, as justified as John is to find the thing that killed his wife, he really shouldn't have gotten his children involved, especially against their will. He obviously took that choice away from them, although Sam took a rebellious turn from it. Which leads me to wonder what kind of choices Dean would make if he were not in the bizz. He's the family wild man, so go figure. But then again, Dean had said that he would choose their family instead of a normal one any day. So he must've chosen to go along with John on his own to some degree. But that statement Dean made about choosing anything over normal makes sense in so many ways if one really thinks about it. But I'll leave that open for debate another time.

Before I finish I have to say at least something about the bug story. Wow! I had never heard anything supernatural about bugs (short of just the usual sci fi stuff anyway) but this story actually had me interested. A Native American curse with references to biblical plagues and such. Fresh, yet...not. But still very cool. The climax left a tad to be desired, although it was a neat idea to not have the bugs completely destroyed (again would've been cliche) but I thought it was a little too strange that they were attacked at MIDNIGHT and a couple of minutes later it's dawn. Well, it WAS cut during a commercial break, so maybe they waited out a whole night during that time. Silly, I know, but because I love this show so much I'll let it slide.

Bits and pieces:
    Loved the 2 scenes where Sam and Dean were thought to be gay by Larry and the lady realtor. And after the 2nd time Dean calling Sam 'honey'. Just hilarious and, crazy as this may sound, just a little bit sexy. (Must be my pregnancy hormones talking.)
    The deaths of Dustin and the realtor were pretty classic gruesome horror. Loved them.
    As always the special effects kicked serious bootay.
    Loved Dean's 'encounter' with the old Native American man calling him a liar.
    Dean telling Matt "I thought we had a plan" in front of Larry.
    And, of course, Sam's friendship with Matt.

Giving this episode a 9.7. Great, but lacking in just a few minor areas. The WB promo for next week's episode states that it will be an unforgettable event. The Winchester boys return to the ol' homestead where it all started. And boy, does it look like it WILL be unforgettable. Hope we get tons of more back story material. Until then....
  • Not exactly a Supernatural happening. but whatever... it was still great!

My all time favourite moment in this episode would have to be when Linda Bloome says: "We accept anyone of any race, religion, colour or... Sexual orientation." Then Dean walks off and says: "I'm just gonna go talk to Larry. Okay honey?" and then slaps Sam on the butt. Cracks me up every time! But then we also can't forget the time when Dean is in the steam shower and he has the towel on his head and says: "This shower's awesome." That is like a classic line. Anyway! The other reasons I like this episode is because of the 'bug' factor. Bugs are fascinating, and it is great to see Sam and Dean working with them. One other thing is the part where they are all in the attic with like 60,000 bees, and they are trying to fight them off. This part is great, and the bees were 100% real! No visual effects or anything! If you ask me, Jared and Jensen did this bit rather well considering the circumstances!
  • Curse that may not be ever stopped!

The boys are brought to town in a small town
    Kind of setting and they eat at a bbq and find
    Out that an Indian curse has prey upon the town
    As people are getting killed and that they are trying to
    Run away from the town. But there may not be no Way to get out of the town! Due to a Indian curse!
  • Watch out for the creepy Bugs.

A very different and original Supernatural's episode. I think this is one of those episodes that just has it all. It's funny cause a lot of other fans weren't so big of this episode, but I am. I loved the whole legend thing. I loved the interaction between the brothers in this episode, it's so great to see how different they each experienced their own childhood and the way their father raised them. This episode isn't named Bugs for no reason, cause there were a lot of bugs in this one, like a lot! And the scene at the end of the episode with all the bugs had me just freaking out. A great episode with a great story!
  • Bugs in a bad mood and father-son communication problems.

This review contains spoilers.

The brothers investigate a couple of suspicious deaths linked to a construction company. It turns out that its insects killing people. At first they think the owner’s son is behind it but after some research the brothers realize the area is cursed because of the way the natives were treated in the past. And let’s face it; nothing is scarier than a curse (or almost nothing). One thing that wasn’t scary was the scene with the spiders coming out of the shower-head. It was almost funny, it just looked so unreal. Jared and Jensen were in a room full of live bees. Wouldn’t want to experience that myself. One bug is not that scary but put a couple of hundred of them in a room and I think anyone would be scared, or at least a little bit freaked out. I mean beestings hurt. The curse-storyline is one of two told in this episode. The other one focuses on Sam and the owner’s son and how they feel misunderstood by their fathers. We get a deeper look into Sam and dean’s childhood and realize that Sam and john have had problems for a long time. Sam always felt wrongly treated because he wanted to have a normal life and not be a part of the hunter life-stile. In fact they haven’t spoken to each other in several years.
    Sam: "Well dad never treated you like that, you were perfect. Has was all over my case. You don't remember?"
    Dean: "Well, maybe he had to raise his voice, but sometimes you were out of line."
    Sam: "Right! Right, like when I said I'd rather play soccer than learn bow hunting."
    Dean: "Bow hunting's an important skill!"
    I think this scene is a classic. The scene where Dean tells Sam that their father checked up on him at Stanford without him knowing it was great. The look on Sam’s face. At that moment it hits him that John was only trying to protect him and that he didn’t even try to understand his father.
    One of my favorite scenes in the entire first season is in this episode. Sam and Dean talk to construction company employees at the BBQ and are several times taken for a couple. Priceless!
    Larry: "Let me just say: We accept home owners of any race, religion, color or...sexual orientation."
    Dean: "We're brothers."
    ...some time later...
    Real Estate Agent: "We accept home owners of all races, religions, colors or sexual orientation."
    Dean: "Right! Uh, I'm going to talk to Larry. Okay, honey?"
    And the fact that he smacks Sam on the butt! Doesn’t matter that I’ve seen it many times before it always makes me laugh out laud.
    Not a great episode but some scenes lift the entire story and make it worth watching!
  • Bugs Gone Wild

I think that deep within the human DNA is an inherant dislike for bugs. It's possible that Westerners are more afflicted with the aversion than those in the rst of te world but since I'm a Westerner, this episode creeped me out. Instead of monsters, the baddie is a righteous Indian curse. Ewwww best describes the episode.
  • Sam and Dean investigate when people of a new develpped area begin to be killed by bugs. They met the realtor's son Matt who loves bugs...

This episode was okay but i found that besides the fact that it was really funny because the realtor thought that Sam and Dean were gay nothing really happend. The brothers did not fix the problem it kind o just went away. They never really figured it out, like it was a great episode common its Supernatural but, they didnt do anything.

Sneaking into that empty house and taking that steam shower.. nice Dean. I thought that they could of done more to this episode and had the brothers fix the problem and explain more at the end what really happend are the bugs coming back should they all leave and not developpe more on the land or are the bugs gone for good and the problem is fixed.

I still thought that it was good but could of been even better. sorry
  • its a exciting episode that gives more info on the history between sam and dean

its a exciting episode that gives more info on the history between sam and dean.well written it was good because of how the plot acutally made sum sense and was a bit nerve racking. it was needed to find out more about the family history and this episode did it for you.
  • How the hell did Dean use bugspray as a flamethrower!!!???

Oh a fine episode. Through half the episode, the real estate dude though Dean and Sam were a gay couple, a lady got killed my spiders, Dean wore a towel on his head like a merry lady, and there was a flamethrower!!!

A very fine episode indeed...

That kid sure looked like a teen Sam though... hair n all..

"Damn that shower's good!"
  • This episode was not as bad as i thought it was but it could have been better...I hate probably every bug i see especialy cockroaches they scare the crap out of me (with wings or without) lol

'Bugs' could have been better but there was some good parts in the episode. I found the part were dean and sam go to that 'People buying a house BBQ' and when told the same thing by the guy who answered the door "We accept people of all races, color, and sexual orientation.", the same quote is said to sam and dean by the real estate agent

Real Estate Agent: We accept people of all races, color, and sexual orientation.
    Dean: Hmm, right. Ah, I'm going to go talk to Larry. Okay, Honey? (smacks Sam on the butt).
    I found that part really funny :). But there were other parts in the episode that were funny and occasionally scary :)...Im hoping that the next few episodes are going to be just as good as the others:)

• get out of the da*n house!

This show is awesome, so happy to finally 'discover it'! Its the only show I can watch with my husband and both actually enjoy. By the time the boys were hiding in the house though I was thinking eddy murphy would be laughing his ass off delirious style - he'd be saying 'whats with these people? Theres blood in the toilet? 'thats peculiar - just LEAVE! The bugs want the house?? Give em the damn house! Get in that car and drive the hell for england! lol That said, its so entertaining its just all round brilliant :))
  • A planned community in Oklahoma is attacked by creepy crawlies because of a Native American curse.

Ahaha, this is the episode everyone makes fun of, and the source of the infamous Bee Story. Awesome. True, this episode requires extreme suspension of disbelief and it's probably wise not to get too focused on the plot, but if you look past that this episode has some shining moments that guarantee its place as a Supernatural classic. I give you: Dean in the steam shower, Sam bristling over being called a chicken, free BBQ, Sam and Dean being mistaken for a gay couple, Dean slapping Sam on the butt and calling him 'honey', Sam thumping Dean through the car window, Dean watches Oprah and, on a less hilarious note, some deeper insight into the boys' very different memories of growing up with John Winchester for a father. Sam didn't know that his dad was proud of him and scared for him, and seeing that realisation on his face is one of the best moments in the episode. Like I said - this episode ain't all bad.
  • Can you imagine coming onto set and seeing your whole crew in full bee suits. That's fine, untill they tell you to jump into a room FULL of stinging bees... without your bee suit.

Bugs was interesting. We were given a few more details about Sam's relationship with John. We saw him connect with Matt who didn't exactly share the best relationship with his dad. I loved how Dean stood up for John. Just like a good little soldiar. How adorable is Dean?

I liked how they described the legend. It was a curse, and you cannot fix or stop a curse, you can only get out of its way. And that's exactly what they did. They made sure that no one would disturb the burial grounds again at the same time a=making sure no one else would die. I really liked the tribe member at the restaurant. He made sure Dean knew that he felt disrespected by him lying. I loved Dean's reaction though. Then Sam's full honesty regaining his trust. It takes Sam to tell the truth.

I couldn't stop laughign when i realized the abducted car with a bloody car seat and blood stained seats, the liscense plate was WTF then some numbers. :D
  • well yous all said it sucked so i thought it would really suck but it was actually ok

i really liked that we got to find out more about the sam - dean - dad relationship. the special effects were pretty kool except the shower scene they looked a bit.....transparent and fuzzy.

well being in australia and being episodes behind everyone else i like reading oter reviews to see whether the next episode of some show is worth watching or cant make it but i gotta say....i neva thought they could find the hottest guys on the planet and put them on one show but they have proven me wrong.

ok episode overall but still, sam and dean so HOT!!!
  • First episode I've ever seen; the bugs creeped me out a LOT, especially the spiders, but I still enjoyed it.

I've never watched Supernatural before. I got to watch it because my friend loaned me her tape with Gilmore Girls on it, and she had Supernatural after it. I'd always wanted to see it so I watched it, and I'm very glad I did, bugs aside.

The first scene with the guy falling in a sinkhole and getting devoured by beatles was gross. I hate bugs a whole lot, so I basically had my eyes covered. And the issue with the tarantula and the spiders... also eye-covering moments. *shudder* Even so, it was a good episode.

I was a bit unclear about what was going on with their dad other than him being missing, and that Sam's relationship with him was troubled. But I liked how Sam concluded he wanted to find their dad and apologize. And everything Dean had to say about their relationship... good stuff. I like it a lot. And Dean in that shower... LOL. He and his brother are very different.

Unfortunately for me, I'm used to Jared Padalecki as a Dean, not a Sam. (Dean from Gilmore Girls of course.) Must adjust because I want to watch more of this.
  • "I've heard of killer bees but killer beetles?"

The previews for this episode made it seem like the episode wouldn't be as good as the previous ones and it wasn't but it was better than I thought it would be.

All the real estate people assuming Dean and Sam were homosexuals was pretty funny and the killer bugs and curse was pretty cool for a plot though did lack in some places.

The ending was a slap in the face because it became bright so quickly that it didn't seem believable but I guess the writers couldn't make everyone die and as stated in the episode, you can't kill a curse.

Overall, the episode isn't as good as the seven before it but is worth watching.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of supernatural sam and dean hear about a mystrious death about a realitor and they go and investigate and they find out that a son of a family that is moving in there like bugs alot and says the bugs are acting weird and really unormal. so sam and do investigate and find out that the homes are built on a indian burel ground that is causing the bugs to act like that and they the bugs come and surroudn the house and they want to leave and they have to wait it out in the house till morning and the family is happy that dean sam helped them out in this one. it was a good ep
  • Pretty gruesome.

This is the episode when I found out Supernatural was going to last for a long time. Supernatural is so genius. They take people's worst fear & make it it in to an episode. And sometimes people aren't afraid. And Supernatural makes you afraid. Bug are one of the thing I am personally afraid of now. Especially the tarantula sequence. The swarm of bees all sacred the crap out of me while watching this episode. Termites too. The scene when the guy falls in to the hole & bugs eat him alive. It could happen too. A very good episode full of fright.
  • Dean and Sam investigate strange incedents involving bugs in a newly developed neighborhood, only to find out the area is cursed.

While not the best episode, Bugs was still highly entertaining and adventurous. While there was no visible demon or evil creaure to kill, the bugs were creepy enough to make up for it. Similarily, while the wonderful humor may not have been quite so present in this particular episode, it was still there, and still creative, memorable, and as hilarious as always. I really liked in this episode that the brothers were able to stay in a proper house for a change (even if they weren't supposed to be there) instead of yet another motel room. I think they deserve such small comforts once in a while, especially with the life they lead. Such as the steam showers, as funny as that scene was, it was nice to see Dean relaxed and happy and enjoying something simple and normal like that. I found it odd, though, the slight descrepancy in the time frame. At the point where the house is being swarmed with bugs, the time from midnight until sunrise lasts an unbeleivable small amount of time! Obviously they can't show the whole time on the show, but there is no point to indicate a longer space of time has gone by than what is shown. A small point, but it bother me every time.
    However, this is still a great episode, not one of the best, but brilliant nonetheless.
  • If you hate bugs, don't worry this one isn't that creepy! Believe me, I hate bugs and I liked it!

I liked this episode and I hate bugs! It had a lot of great jokes but the whole curse thing to me wasn't that impressive and they barely even talked about it. It seemed a little rushed. But the graphics were great and the whole thing about Sam and Dean being gay was hilarious! I thought the acting was good but at times to me it didn't make any sense. But it gave a lot of information on how Sam feels about his dad and why he left for college and was trying to live a normal life and it also gives some info on their dad.
  • I hate to say it but this is the worst episode so far.

I usually hate critising a series I love as much as Supernatural, but this one was not good.

The only saving grace was the scenes between Sam and Dean about their father where Sam finds out their dad used to check in on him. Those were some good scenes.

There's the inexplicable ending where we go from midnight to dawn in five minutes, not to mention how they could have survived that long given how quick the bugs killed the other people.

Another thing that bugged me, no pun intended, was that scene with the spiders. The spider walked across that woman's eye!! I would have been in hysterics, screaming my head off. She just brushes at it?! That just didn't gel.

Jared and Jensen did well with what they had to work with but really, this was disappointing, especially given the standards of the rest of the episodes.
  • 90% good 10% not

I rate this episode in the middle of ok and more then good less then great. I LOVE how they usually take regular everyday legends and forklore and make them in a big battle. I think that it was pretty good because the attatchment between Sam and Matt and how Dean finds it offensive what Sam says. And I love how they had gay jokes about Sam and Dean when they're looking at the houses. Especially whan Dean pinches Sams butt.
< 1 2 3