Supernatural

Citizen Fang

Aired Tuesday Dec 05, 2012 on The CW

• Where is my show and what the heck is this?

I thought this ep was terrible. Both Sam and Dean were acting so far out of character I barely recognised either of them. They act like they can't stand each other, but for no credible reason that I can see.

We are asked to believe that Sam didn't look for Dean but that is completely out of character, so many fans have been waiting for the twist in the tale, the messing with perceptions Carver has been talking about all season. And what did this ep tell us? That there is no twist. No Amelia isn't in Sam's head. She is real, and the supposed mystery about Sam's year off isn't a mystery at all. It is just what we have been shown. Which begs 2 questions;

1) Why bother with the flashbacks if they are so straightforward? We don't need all these flashbacks to tell us what we already knew - that Sam met a girl, settled down with her and abandoned Dean.

2) Why show Sam in such an unsympathetic light? If he really didn't look for Dean for no better reason than we've been shown, then his character is irretrievably damaged as is the bond between the brothers.

As for Dean - who is this cruel, mean spirited, calculating character they are showing us? Throwing Benny in Sam's face in the most cruel way possible. Absolutely trusting a vampire to stay on the wagon on earth who he has only known in a human temptation free Purgatory? changing Amelia's number weeks in advance just in case he needed to ditch Sam? Who is this person.

And as for what has happened to the brothers bond this season. It looks to me like the writers are all excited by new characters and relationships and have forgotten to pay any attention to the one that is the heart of the show.

I found this episode one of the worst ever in the show's history. I wonder what Jeremy Carver is thinking if he really believes this is good writing.