We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Supernatural Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW

LET'S HOPE IT'S NOT MORE MONSTER FAMILIES RUNNING CITIES!

... Remember that Supernatural spin-off that The CW tried out a few weeks ago? Yeah, we wish we could forget the Supernatural: Bloodlines pilot, too. But just because it was met with near-universal opposition doesn't mean the network is done trying to milk the franchise! During a conference call with reporters this morning, CW boss Mark Pedowitz said he's going to give a Supernatural extension another shot next year, and that Bloodlines "just didn't get there" this season. He continued, "We want to develop once more for next season, what it is or isn't will be discussed come June or July." Might we suggest an entire series dedicated to future, stoner, orgy-having Castiel from Season 5's "The End"? [Deadline]

BUSINESS TIME

... WGN America has announced a release date for its slick-looking new series Manhattan: Sunday, July 27 at 10pm. The 1940s period drama follows a group of scientists who are recruited to work on the first atomic bomb as they're forced to to keep their jobs secret from their families. John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams, and Daniel Stern will star. I'm totally excited for this show, and you should be too. Watch the trailer below! [WGN via press release]

... Arrow news! Now that you've seen Oliver Queen and Barry Allen (a.k.a. Señor Flash) play superhero games against each other in the first look at The Flash, you're probably dying for more from the Starling City/Central City universe. Yes, even more than the five-minute Flash trailer that is all sorts of cool. And you shall have it!. The Flash's pilot will feature a crossover with Arrow, with Allen visiting Queen in Starling City. There you go. Now you barely even need to see the pilot anymore! [TV Guide]

... The premiere for Fox's cruel bait-and-switch fake dating show I Wanna Marry Harry has been moved up a week to Tuesday, May 20, where it will follow the first night of American Idol's two-night season finale. In the show, a bunch of gullible women are tricked into thinking they are part of a reality to show competition to marry Prince Harry of Wales, when in fact they're getting goo-goo eyes over some regular ginger with a huge forehead. [Fox via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... A second dose of Arrow news? Sure! Actor John Barrowman, who plays bad-guy Malcolm Merlyn on the CW hit, has been promoted to series regular for the show's upcoming third season. The news was sorta-announced by social media hound Stephen Amell this morning via a Twitter photo. [Stephen Amell's Twitter]

... Donald Sumpter and Elizabeth Perkins have come on board SundanceTV's four-hour miniseries One Child. The program tells the story of a Chinese-born woman who is adopted by English parents and must figure out who she really is. Perkins, who you know from Weeds, and Sumpter, who you know as Maester Luwin from Game of Thrones, will play the parents. [SundanceTV via press release]

... Gilles Marini (Dancing With the StarsSwitched at Birth) will guest-star in the season finale of Devious Maids. His character will be tied to Roselyn Sanchez's Carmen, which probably means they'll get it on. I'm just basing that on six decades of television. [TV Guide]

BUY THIS NOW! (OR SOON, RATHER)

... Look, I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, but there's a new Twin Peaks Blu-ray box set coming out on July 29 that features 90 minutes of deleted scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. That kidney transplant can wait. [EW]

REQUIRED READING

... Want to read some theories about why CBS passed on How I Met Your Dad? I mean, other than the fact that it was a terrible idea in the first place? Here you go! [Vulture]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... The CW announced its 2014-2015 schedule today. And it also released trailers for its two new falls shows, including a dazzling preview of The Flash.

... I took a look at CBS's schedule and discussed the good, the bad, and ugly of it.

... Some big news came out of The Vampire Diaries' Season 5 finale: [Spoiler] is [spoiler]!!!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/4/2016

Season 11 : Episode 20

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/11/2016

Season 11 : Episode 21

95 Comments
Comments (92)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I may be bias, but I would love to see the CW do a strong female show. Are there ANY right now? Beauty and the Beast does not count, Jane the virgin does not count, Vampire Diaries... seriously does not count, Reign... ehhh no.

They could make a Supernatural spin off on women hunters. We see the guys using their muscle and guns to solve everything, wouldn't it be interesting to watch how women fight?

I for one, would love to see some strong women characters on TV.

Or maybe an Adam spinoff... I thought about a Cas one, but you really can't have Cas without Dean, and you can't have Dean without Sam.. so what's the point.
Flag

La mejor serie de la historia, éxito mundial.

Flag
Troll much?
Flag
Supernatural Bloodlines la mejor serie de la historia
Flag

Flag
Los actores saben muy bien lo que hacen. Hicieron una actuación espectacular, Me parece que su actuación fue la mejor que he visto en mucho tiempo, creo que la serie será un gran éxito contando con actores tan increíbles y tan talentosos. Cabe destacar que los Jeys, osea los protagonista de la serie nodriza que es la espectacular, ingeniosa, maravillosa y exitosa SUPERNATURAL, también estuvieron espectaculares, sus actuaciones fueron de película, son los mejores actores que he visto en mi vida, así que yo pienso que ambas series están en la cresta del éxito.

Flag
Bloodlines tiene lo que hay que tener: intriga, pasión, acción, drama, de todo. Una historia que tiene todo lo que se tiene que tener.

Flag
Me dedico a hacer estudios de marketing, y he realizado este estudio para la serie Supernatural ya que es la serie que sigo con fervor y devoción, y el estudio de markenting ha dado unos resultados espectaculares, los fans de la serie Supernatural, quieren ver Supernatural Bloodlines. Ha sido un porcentaje bastante alto, de los encuestados el 99% dice que es un éxito y que no pueden esperar para ver Supernatural Bloodlines.

Flag
Los actores saben muy bien lo que hacen. Hicieron una actuación espectacular, Me parece que su actuación fue la mejor que he visto en mucho tiempo, creo que la serie será un gran éxito contando con actores tan increíbles y tan talentosos. Cabe destacar que los Jeys, osea los protagonista de la serie nodriza que es la espectacular, ingeniosa, maravillosa y exitosa SUPERNATURAL, también estuvieron espectaculares, sus actuaciones fueron de película, son los mejores actores que he visto en mi vida, así que yo pienso que ambas series están en la cresta del éxito.

Flag

Flag

Éxito, éxito, y más éxito.
Flag

exito aplastante¡¡¡¡¡¡

Flag

Exito mundial para Supernarural Bloodlines.

Flag

BLoodlines éxito total.

Flag

Flag
Demasiado éxito veo en esa serie.

Flag
La serie es lo más exitosa que puede haber.

Flag
Supernatural Bloodlines tiene tanto éxito que cuándo se leen mensajes de personas que dicen que no tiene éxito, obviamente se nota a distancia que la envidia es su día a día.

Flag

El éxito de Supernatural Bloodlines es aplastante.
Flag
Bloddlines tiene tanto éxito que sería un mal negocio no lanzarla al aire.

Flag
Nadie olvidarse del éxito de Bloodlines

Flag
Nadie quiere olvidar el éxito de Blodlines.

Flag
ÉXITO, ÉXITO.

Flag
Éxito, éxito, éxito, éxito, éxito, éxito, éxito.

Flag
Bloodlines la serie hija de SUPERNATURAL NODRIZA, huele a éxito.

Flag
Bloodline es un fuerte spinoff que tiene un montón de éxito en su primer episodio y en todos.

Flag
Queremos que se emita Bloodlines.

Flag

Bloodlines tiene lo que hay que tener: intriga, pasión, acción, drama, de todo. Una historia que tiene todo lo que se tiene que tener.
Flag
Es la mejor serie del mundo.

Flag
Éxito para Bloodlines, éxito.

Flag

Bloodline es el episodio piloto con más enganche y arranque que he visto. Me parece un éxito.
Flag

Hay muchas personas que han fracasado de forma estrepitosa y les molesta enormemente que una serie tenga tanto éxito cómo lo tiene Bloodlines.
Flag
Creo que los productores ejecutivos saben muy bien lo que hacen, y pienso que son lo bastante inteligentes cómo para no escuchar criticas destructivas acerca de BloodLines, y fiarse de las personas que piensan que es todo un éxito, cómo ya he dicho antes, ese día la audiencia tuvo una fuerte aceptación y las encuestas dicen que es todo un éxito.

Flag
Me dedico a hacer estudios de marketing, y he realizado este estudio para la serie Supernatural ya que es la serie que sigo con fervor y devoción, y el estudio de markenting ha dado unos resultados espectaculares, los fans de la serie Supernatural, quieren ver Supernatural Bloodlines. Ha sido un porcentaje bastante alto, de los encuestados el 99% dice que es un éxito y que no pueden esperar para ver Supernatural Bloodlines.

Flag

Supernatural Bloodlines, nos inspira en la mafia pero con connotaciones supernaturales, este tipo de formato no se ha visto aún. Osea que es una de las mejores ideas que he visto. Por lo tanto creo que es un éxito. Es un éxito, fue un éxito cuándo se escribió, y será un total y rotundo éxito.
Flag

Flag

Creo que el episodio de BloodLines ha sido uno de los mejores spinoff que he visto jamás. Se nota que la escritora, sabe lo que hace. Se le nota el talento y la dedicación que ha puesto para sacar el proyecto de forma tan exitosa. El rating de ese día remontó porque a los fans le ha encantado el episodio piloto.
Flag
Creo que el spinoff de Supernatural Bloodlines
Flag
Actually wouldn't mind another try at a Supernatural spinoff; Bloodlines was not the tone of Supernatural. I tried watching again and fell to sleep again. First the TVD alumni in it gave it the recycled TVD feel. Supernatural spinoff should probably include some of our favorite past Supernatural alumni and an actual hunter who can hunt.
Flag
I'd say that "just didn't get there" regarding Boodlines is an understatement.
Flag
One Child sounds interesting. When is it on?
Flag
I wouldn't mind seeing a Supernatural spinoff featuring a couple of female hunters instead of male. There are usually 2 types of women on this show: badasses or damsels (or evil, but that's a different story). A spinoff could actually show the transition between being a victim to becoming a badass.
Flag

Seriously,CW,haven't you learned anything from that 'Bloodline'episode!?

Flag
Hopefully, they've learned to make a better spinoff, relying on established characters within the show. Henry Winchester, Sheriff Mills, Garth, Charlie, Kevin, Mrs. Tran...
Flag
I REALLY don't want a Henry Winchester centered spinoff, mainly because we all know his ultimate fate (Abaddon kills him) and there would be no tension no matter how many episodes the series gets because we'd know he'd survive all his adventures and it would just lead up to him going into that ceremony room, find his companions all dead, travel forward in time to meet his grandkids, and get killed by Abaddon.
Flag
But what if the spinoff starts at a point where history is altered? We just saw that Abaddon and presumably Crowley can time-travel...
Flag
The sum of my thoughts on a Supernatural spinoff:

Hey that looks kind of like Drake in that picture! What else is on?
Flag
Manhattan sounds very interesting. I love my historic dramas!
Flag
I don't mind a spinoff so long as it's focused on already established characters that we care about instead of people we only have one episode to become invested in. Garth and Castiel are two great candidates, and if you want a Men of Letters series Charlie should definitely be the protagonist, given that she's the only female character to get a full-on resurrection instead of flat out dying like every other female character (except Jodie Mills). But what I want most is for a spinoff to keep the mythology of its parent show since it lives in the same universe. Shapeshifters are supposed to shed skin when they transform, and REAPERS ARE NOT ANGELS!!!! I also want the Alpha Vamp to not only make an appearance but to become the chief villain if Garth becomes the subject of the spinoff. He has a presence like no other monster of the week and with the destruction of the Leviathans he is the strongest monster on Earth. He could be a great foil for a hapless werewolf hunter like Garth.

If Charlie gets her own spinoff with the Men of Letters I want those Nazi necromancers to become the chief villains, since the golem episode was one of the best of season 8, and if Cas gets his own spinoff I'd say we should bring back Jessie the Antichrist as the chief villain. (He doesn't belong as a Big Bad on the parent show since the Apocolypse arc is over, but if Cas is assigned Biblical monsters as villains Jessie would be perfect since he's the most powerful creature in the Supernatural universe.)
More+
Flag
Malcolm Merlyn will be a regular character? That's surprising to be honest. That means they will have to spend a lot of time focusing on him, and at this point of the show, I really wonder what his story line could be. I could see Merlyn as a recurring character, maybe showing him coaching Thea, but as a regular character? Huh. I was expecting that after the first season the focus would have shifter away from him.
Flag
If anyone from CW is reading this,then this is what you need:

-SHOW WHERE IT DOESN'T DESTROY AND THROW EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WINDOW OF THE ORIGINAL SHOW!!!

-characters that are interesting

-NO DRAMA WITH VAMPIRES ANS WEREWOLFS (this shit been done too much)

Flag
Instructions on how to make a good supernatural spin off:

1) If you're counting on taking an actor that fan girls are drooling over from another show to boost ratings, don't do it in a season that constantly talk about people coming back from the dead making them want to kill your new show so they can have their boy toy back.

2) If you're going to base yourself on an existing brand and add creatures that were already on screen - Don't change them or at least give an onscreen explanation on why they are different.

3) If you're going to have your main character's life be changed to a different route due to a major event... like say... his girlfriend just died - please take more than 5 minutes to consider how such a major event looks on screen. Corpse of girlfriend floating on the ceiling while boring is exciting while just being shoved into a wall is not.

4) Get a 6 year old to read your script. If he can find holes in it, stop everything and fix them.
Flag
Is instruction #1 a jab at Christopher Meloni, since that's pretty much what's been happening to him since he left Law & Order: SVU? It's been three seasons and the fans sill won't accept Rollins and Amaro, the two new characters that replaced Stabler. The super hardcore Stabler fans have actively been telling people to boycott anything Chris Meloni is working on so the project will tank and Chris will have no choice but to go back to SVU. "Where he belongs."
Flag
No... This is about them using the guy who played Kol on Vampire Diaries being David the shapeshifter on the Supernatural Spin Off

And how the crazy fan girls kept screaming to cancel bloodlines just so Kol will return there...
Flag
Manhattan sounds good. I'll check it out. Seems like just yesterday that WGN only showed reruns and Cubs games.
Flag
an entire series dedicated to future, stoner, orgy-having Castiel from Season 5's "The End"? -this, I'm definitely watching.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members