A Supernatural Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning Thursday, October 13, 2016)

As Season 9 ends:

Dean kills Abaddon with the First Blade, but he leaves Crowley alive. Sam and Dean realize that Hell needs a leader and better the devil you know, right? Also that leaves Mark Sheppard in the show because who doesn't love him?

The angels go back to heaven because, after all, it is what EVERYBODY wants. Cas beats Metatron after Gadreel defects to Cas' team. Cas is then busy teaching free will to the angels and thus doesn't hang out with Sam and Dean quite so much anymore. But doesn't go away entirely because who doesn't love Misha?

That leaves Sam and Dean kind of on their own again at the beginning of season 10. They go back to their roots for a while - you know... saving people, hunting things, scuzzy motel rooms, arguments in the Impala, new and interesting urban legend inspired monsters, maybe a little creepy and scary again.

Not that there shouldn't be an arc, but I was thinking maybe a more slow burn kind of thing. Something that subtly builds over maybe the first half of the season before it becomes a bigger deal.

Am I nuts? Thoughts?
108 Comments
Comments (108)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
There is always a bigger picture! But I'd like to see Crowley and Metatron snuff it on a grand scale! Sam and Dean lost in another dream world or they awake to find they had dreamt everything!
Flag
I want season ten to have a Sam that protects, saves and cherishes his brother without any hesitation. There needs to be some Sam monologing and angst. Also I need to see a defiant and trully headstrong Sam especially when it comes to saving dean. Because I am sure if the roles were reversed, and it goes without saying, dean would do what ever it takes to save sam as he has done countless times.
Flag
1. I want them to acknowledge the fact that the angels having a back door into heaven doesn't mean the spell was broken and heaven is truly open (lost souls being unable to get in). If this is ignored then I won't be happy.
2. Season 9 felt like they were simply throwing ideas in to see which ones stuck. I hope for a more simple approach like 1 enemy/threat to deal with.
3. More Crowley please ;)
Flag
in season 10 Mark Sheppard needs his time to lead the show wayward son Crowley has a son and what can he do with him ....is going to be the best of the season yet.....Sam has to kill Dean he's a Demon now ...but get some help from a medium who's a hunter ...Sam finders her clearing a house that is loaded with demons and needs her help because Dean can smell Sam from a mile away ....While the show gets terrifying...because Deans is total being cohort by Crowley wanting dean to be Cain ..or finish what he wanted Cain to do ...Dean now leaves his black beauty in the dust for a more lone rider type vehicle like motorcycle like a black Ducati ......Sam suffers with night meres of killing dean ....Sam also falls in love with the hunter .... and Dean is out to destroy Sams new found love ...murders her with the yellow eye demon dementing him....Sam see's blood and out for revenge... which the show taps on ( but now in full blown rage ) castel is more horrified that is has gotten so bad that he now has to pull some thing or some one like Micheal the Archangel out of his hat to intervene.....or like sending SAM into another dimension like a world of Giants that are gods ....any how ...something like that areal adventure
More+
Flag
I'm sorry if i got Jess's last name wrong I looked it up and that's just what I got sorry if it's wrong

Flag
This is what i want to happen for season 10 - Remember Jess? Sam's girlfriend? Well I think once Sam and Dean start getting back to normal and start hunting again (as normal as they can get with Dean being a demon) they should introduce Jess's little sister to the show.
Opening:
A young teenaged blonde girl walking around in a creepy building calling out to Sam. When all of a sudden a hand reaches out and grabs her from a doorway, covering her mouth. In response she kicks backwards and hits the guy in the 'area' and while he's leaned over smash his head into her knee, causing him to collapse in pain. She bends down to where he lay, face down, and lifts up his head by his hair.
"Who are you!" she asks the strange man.
"Dean." he says, "The names Dean, and who might you be sunshine?" So this was Sam's brother, she thought. She hadn't seen any pictures of him, but she had seen some of Sam. From just comparing the two she couldn't see much resemblance. Dean's eyes were full of sadness, like someone who had seen to much in so little amount of time. In all the photos Sam she had seen he had been smiling, he looked young and innocent. Nothing like Dean.
"No Sammy, don't." Dean says.
The girl turns around and gasps, "Sam." She quickly jumps to her feet and hugs Sam around the waist, "I've been looking for you for ten years and I've finally found you."
Sam looks down at the girl hugging him. She looked so young, so vulnerable, "I'm sorry, who are you?"
The girl looked up at Sam, and suddenly wanted to cry. This is not the Sam from the pictures, this one does look like Dean. All the happiness gone from his eyes, replaced by sadness and worry, "My name is Emily Moore, you dated my sister. Jessica."
Closing:
That is obviously not the end of the episode, but from there it would open up into the Supernatural symbol that's at the beginning of every episode. Honestly it could happen any other way to as long as a little sister of Jess's is introduced. And yes i want it to be a girl because I want Sam to see the small resemblances between the two. Not just appearance, but also the way they walk, talk, and laugh the same.

More+
Flag
in season 10 Mark Sheppard needs his time to lead the show wayward son Crowley has a son and what can he do with him ....is going to be the best of the season yet.....Sam has to kill Dean he's a Demon now ...but get some help from a medium who's a hunter ...Sam finders her clearing a house that is loaded with demons and needs her help because Dean can smell Sam from a mile away ....While the show gets terrifying...because Deans is total being cohort by Crowley wanting dean to be Cain ..or finish what he wanted Cain to do ...Dean now leaves his black beauty in the dust for a more lone rider type vehicle like motorcycle like a black Ducati ......Sam suffers with night meres of killing dean ....Sam also falls in love with the hunter .... and Dean is out to destroy Sams new found love ...murders her with the yellow eye demon dementing him....Sam see's blood and out for revenge... which the show taps on ( but now in full blown rage ) castel is more horrified that is has gotten so bad that he now has to pull some thing or some one like Micheal the Archangel out of his hat to intervene.....or like sending SAM into another dimension like a world of Giants that are gods ....any how ...something like that areal adventure
More +
Flag
admit we all just miss the first 5 seasons
Flag
Id like God to intervien...
Flag
Ready for my idea? I hope that somehow Crowley leaving his son alive ends up disrupting the flow of time, that it literally screws everything up. Sam and Dean made it abundantly clear that by just leaving one person alive in the past can have serious implications on the future. And Metatron always says "as long as everyone plays their roles I will win", and perhaps his plan includes Gavin screwing up time. Which means in season 10 they can bring back ANYONE they want to. John and Mary could still be alive, so could Ruby, Bobby, Meg, Azazel....or the grandaddy of all implications...the apocalypse never got stopped and Lucifer and Michael roam the earth as it lays in ruins. The plot of the season could be Sam, Dean, and Cas having to fix time.
Flag
I'd totallymforgotten about Crowley Jr. That is anvery good point
Flag
This is my dream too. I know a lot of people complain about MotW episodes but personally I LOVE them. I can't stress that enough as a horror fan first and foremost. That's why I loved the episode Bad Boys so much. I also liked Alex Annie Alexis Ann, because even though it wasn't on the scare factor, it also played up a teen POV that was actually a lot more interesting to see than I thought it'd be.

I'd also like it if they dragged on the dark-Dean story line for a little bit longer because to me, it's about time Dean got his own story. I was really annoyed last year when the show ripped the trials away from him (If it was going to be Sam the whole time, don't friggen tease us with Dean).
Flag
personally i think they should keep metatron around as the show can use some sort of a "big bad" that doesn't exist only to be mentioned all season (or for ~2/+ seasons) and then casually be offed at the end of an episode (abaddon, come on down! you're the next contestant on "SPN kills every fine chick on the show so their tumblr banbase doesn't get jealous"

whoever "wins" the "war" for heaven is going to end up being the de-facto king of heaven. SPN gave us "evil" aka "powertripping" castiel in the beginning of S7, but then the leviathans took over and everybody's favorite season happened. and it gave us everybody's favorite spunky red haired h4x0r girl too (we action figure now!)

idk if the show has the balls to put god (chuck? so totally chuck, but the show will never address it cuz like IRL you know god's out there somewhere, possibly quite unaware that he's god, enjoying the human experience.... otherwise, why life? could you imagine an existence being the only superpowered entity in the whole of creation? boring stuff. at the very least you'd wanna be a human to use the superpowers otherwise whats the point of superpowers?) so since the show won't have them take on god/chuck (think "changing channels" but on a much much bigger scale. how do you defeat/stop/stymie omnipotence?) i would think that either metatron or castiel winning the war and becoming the new despotic god is the way to go.

right now for all intents and purposes metatron IS god but you only see ramifications for the angels. i'd love to see the status quo get messed up, like when leviathan/evil cas was putting himself onto stained glass windows in churches and addressing his followers and whatnot. seriously, discovering/taking-on god Himself is about the only place left for the show to go, short of having the winner of the metatron/cas war institute a "reign of relative terror" that screws up life as we know it, and then we find out some things about the nature of humanity (say that god made all humans able to go divine but they had to do a bunch of steps as written on the human tablet (remember the tablets?)) and some human out there with skills (think a combo of the ex-men-of-letters dude from S9 and bela) has the human tablet and is taking the steps to become god... that'd be a thing. or somehow angels and demons become known to the mainstream and thus society as a whole is collapsing/militarizing/etc and now sam and dean are just drops in the bucket as there's tens of thousands of hunters and then you find out that in the end the monsters aren't the big bad as much as it's the head human guy who leaked the SPN monsters/angels/demons story to the news for his own ends while he tries to use the human tablet to turn himself into god, which he succeeds in doing, and then whether or not there's a season 11 you either kill him off at the end of S10 or S11.

or how about this? michael ends up in the cage until he and lucy are sprung, and because michael is so pissed off about being in the cage for no good reason (cuz from his perspective as the good son he did all that was asked of him, he maintained reality for billions upon trillions +2010 years, and in the end his thanks was THE EXACT SAME PUNISHMENT AS LUCIFER, even tho he was the good son? so he could get pissed about that, or maybe lucifer and him have hung out so long they become kindred spirits and plot their own revenge against those who put them into the cage, except at first michael seems like good michael but at the midway point it's revealed he's working with lucifer, albeit from the other side so he can infiltrate the "good guys" camp and know their strategies and etc etc.

either way, i think having a pissed off righteous michael and/or lucifer out of the cage and not doing biblical apocalypse but instead creating a new plan of revenge for their capture (especially michael, who was good and did everything he was told to do and STILL ended up with the same eternal damnation punishment as lucifer) could be fun, even tho we know mike/lucy are in the cage because since they're the most powerful guys in the show who are not god/chuck (c'mon you know its true. duh) or death the writers didnt want to have to deal with perpetual deus ex machinas..... so go balls out and do some wicked stuff. make some macguffin where cas inscribes some sigil or carving on sam+dean's bones so they can see angelic changes to reality and have mike/lucy starting to subtly change the world around them via using their powers in a really really low-level way and basically you can do a thing where you preach about corrpution as a whole (lucifer corrupts humans to be evil and thus demonic, and michael corrupted them to be bible bouncer do-gooders) but then what happens when the #1 superpowered angel on "the good guys" side totally loses his faith in his father and begins to question everything? who's going to win the war for the hearts and minds of humanity going forward, cuz supposedly these exploits will be "the winchester gospel" in future bibles.... .but what if a raggedy time traveler comes back from the future and explains that in michael and lucifer escaped the change and corrupted humanity and turned the world into [something bad] which he was only able to see because [macgufin] but we later find out it's because he's a descendent of sam/dean and whatever cas did to them in order to allow them to see reality changing in real time was passed down their bloodline and etc?

eyah TL;DR on a long-dead-thread, but i would love to see a pissed-off/righteous michael and/or lucifer escape the cage and want revenge, but not with another biblical apocalypse. you could get into preaching about the nature of religion and faith, cuz the michael side begs the question: "how strong is your faith when you do everything that god/religion asks of you and yet you still end up punished identically to lucifer, who disobeyed in the first place?" --- that's a question only sam and dean can find out.
More+
Flag
That would be great! Count me as nuts, too! :)
Flag
Your description sounds perfect. If you are nuts, then so am I. Also, I would like to see Garth make a few appearances during the season.
Flag
i also want john to make up to dean, and lisa and ben to return

Flag
n season 10 Mark Sheppard needs his time to lead the show wayward son Crowley has a son and what can he do with him ....is going to be the best of the season yet.....Sam has to kill Dean he's a Demon now ...but get some help from a medium who's a hunter ...Sam finders her clearing a house that is loaded with demons and needs her help because Dean can smell Sam from a mile away ....While the show gets terrifying...because Deans is total being cohort by Crowley wanting dean to be Cain ..or finish what he wanted Cain to do ...Dean now leaves his black beauty in the dust for a more lone rider type vehicle like motorcycle like a black Ducati ......Sam suffers with night meres of killing dean ....Sam also falls in love with the hunter .... and Dean is out to destroy Sams new found love ...murders her with the yellow eye demon dementing him....Sam see's blood and out for revenge... which the show taps on ( but now in full blown rage ) castel is more horrified that is has gotten so bad that he now has to pull some thing or some one like Micheal the Archangel out of his hat to intervene.....or like sending SAM into another dimension like a world of Giants that are gods ....any how ...something like that areal adventure
More +
Flag
i wan lucifer and michael to eventually escape but be bonded after all those yars in the cage whose a better team to destroy the ohter ,sam and dean or mickael and lucifer
Flag
More +
Flag
Dean goes crazy because of the mark and becomes the new king of hell.
So goes an half-bad plot for season 10. Season 10 finalle, and series finalle, the two brothers fight each other to death.

Mark my words.
season 11 is Ennis story and no more Winchesters, neither "Bloodlines".
Flag
bad bad bad i don't want the show to end !!!!!!!!
Flag
I just want "the look" of season 1 and 2 to come back. During the Yellow Eyes seasons the show's look was noticeably darker and desaturated. It brightened and colored up a little bit during the 3rd season but returned to being dark and desaturated during 4th and 5th seasons. (Watch season 4's "It's a Terrible Life." The second Zachariah touches Dean's forehead at the end you can see a noticeable difference in the color). Season 6 onwards they threw out the desaturated look and now the show seems to bright and colorful for a horror series. The only return to the "old look" was during flashbacks of Dean's stint in Purgatory, but that was TOO desaturated.
Flag
dude i absolutely hate the new look too. i don't know what they were thinking, but they need to bring it back. it makes me automatically think less of the seasons with the bright colour.
Flag
More +
Flag
your observation is spot on !
Flag
And don't forget about the rock music. There's distinct lack of rock!
Flag
There are two previous characters that have the necessary power to take out metatron (I am SOOOO ready for that character to die);"Death"...who once stated he would one day "Reap" God, and that little boy Cas called the "anti-Christ," who helped the boys, then left home for parts unknown. I picture the kid now an 18 year-old surfer dude living on the beach, laying low...and having to make a choice to either go full-on bad---or save the world.
Flag
Yes to both! Moar Death pls! I love him to bits
Flag
Imagine at the end of Supernatural, Sam and Dean are about to die, and their last words are 'Jerk' and 'B*tch'

I would cry.
forever.
Flag
I would quit TV forever.
Flag
Yes back to the hunt. I agree with you except for Castiel, I think he should stay around, I like the character. And the brothers need a kind of family, Let's bring Bobby back and maybe Jo and Ellen too. Or introduce new and interesting characters. And also drop the Men of Letters storyline, it's a bit boring and I don't like the bunker, let's go back to Bobby's salvage yard. Or new place less boring than the Bunker.
Flag
You're being sarcastic, right? the Men of Letters is possibly the most interesting potential storyline they've come up with in years!
Flag
I don't particularly like it. What matters is to keep things interesting. if they can do that with the man of letters, I'll be happy. But so far I'm not impressed.
Flag
Oh no please kill Crowley.
Flag
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree.
Ever since the show's culmination in season 5, no story line has even come close to being as entertaining.

Right now is not the time for soft core episodes with meaningless discussions in the impala.

The show will shortly begin its 10th season which marks two very important matters:
1. It made it. 10 seasons is the ultimate milestone reserved for those elite few shows, who are truly successful. It has nothing more to prove.
2. And more importantly since this regards the show's future, if the show wants to be more than a show that culminated in its 5th season, it needs to take on another Big Bad! Yes, there should be a buildup, it is important for Sam and Dean to sort their S#!+ out, and remember that it was their unconditional brotherly bond that ultimately allowed them to save the world (Season 5), and renew it to take on this new great evil with a unified strength.

As far as what this great evil is? I love MichelleHood24's idea, of a Dark Adam, damaged beyond repair (but ultimately saved)! It has all the makings of a great plot: family vs evil vs redemption!

Go Big or go home!

Peace!
More+
Flag
Yeah, I'm tired as hell of the brothers getting angry and grudgingly making out afterwards.
Flag
Ideas are all great. But I would like to see Adam saved from the cage. Or at least his soul.
Flag
That would be fantastic however I don't think is soul would be fully intact. He's been down in the cage for a very long time much longer than Sam ever was and look how f*^% up his soul was. It might be a great opitunity for a new big bad though Adams soul is too far gone and he is now evil, that may actually be interesting.
Flag
I might remember wrong, but I read somewhere that season 10 will be the last and a spinoff will continue. About what will happen, that sounds like I pretty good guess. Only question is if one/both of the angel or Abbadon situations will be solved this or the next season.
Flag
As far as I know, no end date has officially been announced. Back in January, the head of the CW said the show could go on indefinitely. :)
Flag
I hope so I'm not emotionally ready for this show to end.
Flag
I *wholeheartedly* agree with every single word you've said.
Flag
Why not go to Oz and help Dorothy and Charlie?

Chuck comes back.
Flag
Misterkez that is real stupid, everyone is trying to figure out how the season is going to end a 10 begins do us all a favor go watch reality T.V.

Flag
I do not see your contribution to this discussion.
Flag
Just cancel the show.
Flag
No, just no!
Flag
XD
Flag
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I flush 9 years...err...4 years down the toilet (we all know this series should have ended after season 5) and come back for the final season at all.

With the backdoor pit for the spinoff coming next, that leaves 2 episode for Metatron to be dealt with and Abaddon to be killed. It took the brothers an entire season to come up with a to kill Abaddon but have made zero progress in figuring out where she is or figured out HOW they're going to kill her. As for Metatron, they barely know what he's up to and even with Cas have no game plan.

So, either they miraculously defeat two very powerful enemies in 84 minutes or they carry over two thin plot lines into another season...neither of those are good options in my books and both IMO slam the breaks on what was the little momentum this show had built up dating back to mid season 8.

Flag
Cross Over Episode with The Grimm...or Once upon a Time???
Flag
Dean and Sam end up driving to California and find this giant crater in the land, off to the side there's a sign that says Sunnydale. The boys determine that they need to find what happened here. Their trail leads them the slayer base, where they meet Buffy and Faith. Dean falls in love with Buffy and Sam obviously falls for the dark haired bad girl Faith. The quartet happily spend the rest of their days hunting and saving the world... a lot.
Flag
I just wanna know when the two strongest characters in the Supernatural universe (Death+God) are gonna make there presence felt with never before seen displays of unreal power!!!?
Flag
Or they hang out on a porch, drinking beer, with the most slighted power on the show, the Goddess, God's equal opposite and sister, and they all discuss how stupid humans are
Flag
That would be amazing
Flag
I agree with every thing stated above. Angles go up to heaven where they can't stuff anything up any more, metatron is dead in a firey explosion of death nobody plays god, Cas is just a good teacher/soilder who helps rebuild, he will find Gabriel who then goes back to heaven and appoints new arc angles including Gadriel because he has seen the era of his ways. Abbadon is dead by deans hand and Crowley is king. The boys go back to being brothers and hunters finding new creatures and new mythology they hunt and be what they are. The new big bad is introduced mid season deans Mark of Cain is no longer a burden he can control it and uses it and the blade to fight monsters, him and Sam fight calling each other names again I miss that.
Flag
I'm not okay with keeping Crowley around JUST because some of the fans like the character or the actor. He's done to much evil crap to get a free pass and no that doesn't mean Abaddon should rule Hell either. Neither of them should.
Flag
Yeah, but Crowley seems to be the lesser evil of the Hell biggies we've met. When you compare him to Abaddon or Lucifer, or even Alastair or Azazel, I'd take him. There does have to be a leader down there, right?
Flag
I dunno, I very much support taking out any demon who takes the top dog spot just to keep the others busy fighting each other for control and maybe intimidating the lesser demons into not wanting it in the first place.

Besides, like I said he's done a lot of shady crap in the past and he has to be punished for it. Letting him live and rule Hell is like rewarding him for his past misdeeds and that's not cool no matter how cool some people find the actor or the character (I like the actor but the character I hate for his evil).
Flag
While Crowley has done bad, they have also done things to make his character a bit more sympathetic than the other "baddies" on the show. There has to be a balance of good and evil for the show to work. It can't just be all good, all the time. If it was, it wouldn't be Supernatural. While they aren't exactly friends with Crowley, they do have some form of working relationship with him at times, and he is the lesser of the evils. Like I said, they have to have a balance of power, there will always be a King or Queen of Hell on the show.. Crowley is the best fit for the spot. I think his new found showing of some human emotions makes him a little less horrible than he used to be. I know he's still "evil" but I do think he is less bad.
Flag
But then he doesn't get punished for all the bad he's done and he's free to do more bad in the future. He can't go unpunished.
Flag
I think it be fun to have Death come back on to the scene, also there a lot of people Sam and Dean has help in the past. Some of them be pretty fun to see again.

Some sort of Demon vs Angels vs Hunters battle, with Death sitting on the sidelines watching the battle, wishing his old friend would end it, we see his reapers trying to clean up the mess and protect what they can. May be even see him join the fighting himself.

Haven't see season 9 yet so not sure if this is possible, I think season 10 is most likely the last, so in my opinion there needs to be a big battle, through with Bloodlines that could be quite hard to do without limiting that show possibilities you can't have god go and lock up all the angels and demons.

Flag
Big fight between heaven and hell, and just when it looks like all is lost and we humans are totally boned...God (Chuck, it just has to be Chuck) shows up and stops the fighting and fixes things. I think that would be boss. It would (for me at least) make up for the missteps Supernatural has made post season 5. Not to say there haven't been some good arcs and great episodes since then, but we'd all be lying to ourselves if we said it measured up to the first 5. I would LOVE to see God put Metatron in his place... like as in snap his fingers and blow that motha to bits!
Flag
So maybe it means nothing but I just read a brief article that said Rob Benedict (Chuck) was at VegasCon last weekend with Jared n Jensen rocking out on stage.. maybe he was there for another reason, I dunno, but I don't think he has been to any Supernatural-related events since like 2010.. So maybe he is coming back! Or not..but I can hope..
Flag
I don't really know what, if anything, he's doing right now so yeah it could go either way. Really, I don't think it's a good idea to stir all that up again, but I don't get to make that call. :)
Flag
I don't know having god come in, wave his hand and fix everything is kind of the reason they avoided having him appear in the first place.

Sam and Dean are the heroes, they have to be the ones to save the world.
Flag
The only thing is they have saved the world a lot, that is why it should have ended at season 5, how do you top the apocalypse? I just don't know how they could end it without them dying and staying dead. But that would also be really depressing because than it is like, what the hell is earth gonna do with out these 2? The show has made it seem like they are holding the world together. So maybe it can end with god coming back as a guardian not to snap his fingers and fix everything but to balance things out and get those angels in order. That way the Winchester's have been like temporary guardians while god was gone.
Flag
I agree with what u said about God restoring balance to things, as opposed to just fixing everything, I didn't really mean that as literally as it was written, I just thought it would be a great moment to see Chuck show up and be officially revealed as God...and perhaps explain why he left everything up to the Winchester's lol and abandoned heaven. I thought Metatron taking over heaven might be the one thing the "true creator" could not just sit by and let happen.. The "apocalypse" was long foretold, so that was gunna play out no matter what, and I can see why God did not step in then. But now? Maybe..
I just feel like after all this fighting and saving the world and giving up the chance for normal lives, it would be nice to see someone step in and acknowledge the sacrifices the boys have made. Maybe God can come back because of the boys' never-ending will to save mankind, like their faith has restored his faith in mankind..
Flag
@_Fire_Ice: Agree about Castiel, I wasn't even thinking lol. Cas DEF deserves to meet God, heck he can be God's new right hand angel. If God wanted angels to bow down to mankind (the reason Lucifer fell) then wouldn't Castiel be like the best angel of them all? He is certainly the most human of them all..he always has been. I hope we can get Cas' grace back, I don't really like this whole "stolen grace" bit..
Flag
That would be awesome. I also really want Castiel to have a chance to meet him. I felt so bad for him when he was looking for God so hard, a while ago now. But still Cas has never really lost faith either and he deserves a pat on the back for that too.
Flag
Still, they're the heroes of the story so they really have to do the saving. Maybe in the final they really can close the gates to Heaven and Hell with the angels and demons on the inside. The rank and file hunters can handle the run of the mill monsters without them.

Either that or we get some lame ending where one or the other says "We've got work to do" and as they close the Impala trunk the screen goes black and we know they continue as they always have it's just the show ends.

I guess that ending would be good for the spin off and the outside media (guest shots on the spin off once in awhile and new books and comics about what they're doing after), just not so good for the show itself.
Flag
Murderboy is right. I mean a lot of shows like this have several apocalpyse storylines so much so that both "Buffy" and "Warehouse 13" have even made a joke about how often it happens.

In movies you want each one to build on the one before and the challenges to increase with each movie but it's not really required in TV as long as each season has a good arc.
Flag
I think a lot of you folks over think this wonderful show. It's not necessary to top the apocalypse or anything else. The whole Sam and Dean thing is awesome, and they've become legends, even to the superior beings represented. I can't watch these two do anything without smiling a bit. I highly anticipate each new episode, and I can't say that they're all great, but I do enjoy them, each and every one...
Flag
Fair enough. It will just be hard for it to end, though it has to before it really falls apart. I find since season 5 it has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Season 6 hurt my heart it was so bad, season 7 got a little better, and I can't tell if season 8 was ok, or I just got used to the subpar Supernatural. As for season 9 I am actually behind by a few episodes so I will reserve judgement. I love all the characters still I just wish I was more invested in the story lines. The first 5 obviously had this huge well thought out plan for the series and now it seems like they are scrambling a little too much to find new things to be the big bad, or even new cool one episode monsters. I want them to do some more hard core unique and scary monsters. I still love the show and will stay with it no matter what, it just isn't the same love I had at the beginning.
Flag
Here's my stupid idea for season 10(no laughing)...I would have Dean And Sam come across an ancient artifact that transports them into the future where earth is in a demon and monster apocalypse which resulted from Dean and Sam disappearing from their time-line.With the two gone,demons had an easy time taking over earth.And to make things worst for Dean and Sam,they discover that Hell has a new master.....Castiel.Now both brothers spend the entire season 10 trying to put the clues together as to what caused all this mess and find a way back to their time to prevent it from happening in the first place.For me,this would establish a new purpose for the brothers and bring in a new feel and vibe for the series and cements the fact the the Winchester Brothers are vital in earths survival against the forces of darkness.Another idea which is more simple is that the ancient artifact simply transports them in different time periods over the centuries and futuristic eras and have the brothers fight demons in that time period,and while the bros are in that specific time period,they can only use whatever weapons are available for that time.And as they travel from time period to time period,they gain new knowledge and weapons/artifacts,so when they return to their time period,they use everything they've acquired and put an end once and for all to all the forces of Darkness and earth becomes monster free and the brothers walk off into the sunset finally free of their mission.......and they get married and have lots of babies and living happily ever after.The End.
More+
Flag
Maybe they already messed up what year Sam and Dean are in anyway. I mean they jumped whole years over several season but when their grand dad showed up he read 2012 on the licence plates so they already have no clue what year it is anyway. :)

I always thought the writers should have let the apocalypse happen and set the show in the kind of world we saw in "The End".
Flag
I love it! Sort of like SPN meets Dr Who.

And I'd be fine with Sam and Dean dying at the very end, just not an unhappy death, like if one of them went to Hell, or that they hated each other. Ever since Dark Side of the Moon, I've imagined the two of them sharing their heaven. Like Ash said, some people are just soul mates.
Flag
What if, to stop the Heaven/Hell war, Dean agreed to be the new boss of Heaven and Sam the new boss of Hell? :)
Flag
God should turn them into angels or new beings that are far more powerful than anything else, may be including himself, as he thinks he can trust them to look after his creation. An then a hidden prophet arrive with God tablet and Gods gives up all his powers.

They return to the battlefield and hand out some well deserve beatings. and confine the demons to hell and the Angels to heaven and heal all of the fallen hunters, season 10 episodes would be turning the hunters into an army to fight both demons and angles.
Flag
I would change the ending to that they sacrifice their lives to close hell for once and for all thus reuniting with their mother and father in heaven.

I would like to see 2 possible futures, sam and dean's choices enforces one or the other futures and by the final ep we see the final possible future. however if renewed for a 11th season something major off camera happens to destory that future which brings sam and dean back into the hunt.
Flag
You guys really think Dean's being groomed to be some kind of lieutenant for Crowley with his own demon army?

That would make me sad. Sam's the one with the demon blood!
Flag
Sam was always the one affiliated with daemon and Dean with angles, even now with deans Mark of Cain, Cain was essentially a angle first.
Flag
Nope - I can't agree with you. Just because I think it would be best if the 10th season would be the last one. And to make the last season epic, they shouldn't solve all the problems this season. Somehow, everything what's happening in this season with angels and Abaddon should grow into an epic scale (final full-scale war maybe?) and that's what the final season should be about. Because Abaddon is building a demon army and angels are also uniting in a sense - so there's potential for a final war. Just don't have any ideas about Metatron. So maybe this is what this season finale could focus on - defeating Metatron. Although he is much more powerful than Abaddon, he has all the knowledge of the universe so it could be that Abaddon dies this season.
Flag
Defferently a full scale war. The hunters need to be seen assembling their forces as well.

The only problem with this idea of going big is that it can't happen without really causing major problems with Bloodlines, an really limiting the scope of that show storylines.
Flag
Yeah Bloodlines would definitely be a problem... But maybe the war could happen in heaven or hell? That would be awesome, think about it - final season based in heaven and hell. They already showed what they look like and it wouldn't be too expensive or anything, because they're very "earthy". The events could just jump between heaven, hell and Earth.
Flag
You are not totally nuts, but I sense there is still more to this whole Dean/Mark of Cain thing that will be dealt with, i.e., he made a promise that once he killed Abaddon, he would return to kill Cain. I imagine Cain made himself sort of hard to find, so that might be a continuing story. I agree they will likely leave Crowley alive, but I almost wonder if they will play with the idea that seems to be around that Crowley is basically grooming Dean to take Cain's place and to construct his own conglomeration of knights. Like if Crowley starts talking about how he would be satisfied with just the souls who make their own decisions ending up in Hell, I am going to be suspicious that this is his plan.

I'm not sure where Cas ends up, because I am pretty sure Metatron will keep him on a leash for the remainder of the season like a junkie with the borrowed grace. Cas needs to be able to get his back. While I am guessing that is probably the key to reopening Heaven again, he probably needs help. What I would almost like is (and this is assuming Season 10 is the end) that Cas slowly starts to get his whole memory back (as implied by Naomi) which will serve as useful at the end of the season.

I don't disagree that it might end up brother vs. brother, but it might be more that they have to agree to go their separate ways and giving Dean a destination and a plan might be more useful that attaching another to Sam. Like that Crowley's plan is actually totally a legitimate one because they serve a righteous purpose and the grander powers that be might be keen on the idea that the lead fighter for hell and the lead fighter for heaven are actually best friends (it might go better than when it was Lucifer vs. Michael). You know less bloodshed. And Sam returns to that collection of kids who seemed to be forming a little hunter school to lead a new generation to catch all those monsters Dean and Cas let slip away.
More+
Flag
They need to finally go where the show was always supposed to go. Brother vs Brother in an epic battle to the death. Likely resulting in both of them dying. That is where all of this has been building to. And that is the way I think it should be.

Also they are stupid if they kill Abaddon, she is one of the best characters that they have had in a few seasons and this season looked so promising because of that, but they have been playing with Crowley,,, again,,, for half the season.

There is no happy ending for these two. And if there is it would be a disservice to the show and the fans of the show.
Flag
Love the series but i think it is enough. They really shouls stop with this...
But if i have to write something, then i hope they will finally find peace and have a happily after
Flag
I'm hoping for some way to save josie. Yes I know having a good regular female character is a rare thing, but maybe josie trying to deal with her ordeal of being possessed could be a way to justify her character and have some storyline going. I don't think they can have singular monster of the week stuff to end the show without something tying them together. Look how 'well' that is working with season 9.5.
Flag
also on the cas and angel thing. I don't want a repeat of season 6 with the civil war thing going on. Maybe Cas becomes the leader and sends angels to assist Sam and Dean against a really strong demon. I dunno, but anything other than another civil war thing. Have the angels vs demons battle. If it's the final season, then go big.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Dateline NBC
    NEW
    NBC
  •