A Supernatural Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 7,2015)

THANK THE GODS

... Continuing his quest to guest-star on literally every science-fiction series ever made, Tahmoh Penikett has booked a multi-episode arc on Supernatural's upcoming ninth season as the fallen angel Ezekiel. The Battlestar Galactica and Whedonverse alum will first appear in the season premiere, which series star Jared Padalecki was bursting at the seams to talk about at Comic-Con. Look, I'm happy Penkiett is making the science-fiction rounds, but is it too much to ask that he land a series regular role? Two words: Orphan Black. [Huffington Post]

BUSINESS TIME

...  Since Peter Capaldi was announced over the weekend as the next doctor on Doctor Who, the internet has erupted into chaos over the fact the producers have once again cast a white male in the role instead of joining the 21st century. Today, author Neil Gaiman, the man responsible for "The Doctor's Wife" and "A Nightmare in Silver," announced on his blog that he knows of one black actor who has already turned down the role of the Doctor. Now, before we discuss anything else, I have one question: Who the hell would turn down a chance to be the Doctor? [Zap2It]

... PBS announced today that Downton Abbey will return to the U.S. on January 5, 2014. If you're a fan of the series, you know that means the show is still on a long delay from its across-the-pond airing. So if anyone dies in the Christmas episode, can you guys please just keep it quiet for, like, four months after it airs? Spoilers, man. [EW]

... Bravo continues to attempt to make the bold choice to leap from trashy reality TV to maybe-trashy scripted drama. The network has greenlit the new pilot Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, based on the Girlfriends’ Guide… book series by Vicki Iovine. It's exactly what it sounds like, but in case you need me to explain it to you, I will. The series is about a self-help book author who is hiding the fact that she's separated from her husband. She starts soliciting advice from her married friends and as they say in show business, the rest is history. [Bravo via press release]

... As you know, yesterday marked the tenth anniversary of Fox's teen soap The O.C. Seth Cohen himself, Adam Brody, has stated that if there was ever to be a reunion, he'd like it to happen on a stage. We're pretty sure he meant a theater stage and not a soundstage, because sure, that makes a lot of sense. [E! Online]

... Speaking of anniversaries, the 25th anniversary of Roseanne—yes, you read that right—is coming up, and WEtv is celebrating the occasion by airing what the it's calling mini-marathons of the beloved sitcom for an entire month. Beginning August 12, you can hang out with the Connors from 5pm to 8pm Monday through Friday, and again on Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Let's reconvene here a month from now to discuss how old we all are. [WE tv via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Perennial guest-star Mark Sheppard, most recently seen as Crowley on The CW's Supernatural, will reprise his role from the White Collar pilot for seven of Season 5's episodes. If you'll recall, Sheppard played an art forger by the name of Curtis Hagen, who was apprehended by Peter with a little help from Neal. Ah, memories.  [Huffington Post]

... If you're currently acting on a series that's heading into Season 6, you may want to call your agent and make sure you're still employed. Right on the heels of the announcement that Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe are exiting NBC's Parks and Recreation comes the announcement that Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman will be departing CBS's The Mentalist toward the end of Season 6. [TV Line]

... 24 alum Leslie Hope has booked a role of "tremendous importance" on NCIS. She'll play Sarah Porter, a high-ranking Navy official, in the second episode of the new season, “Past, Present, Future.” She's only around for one hour, though, so don't get too upset (yet), Tiva fans. [TV Line]

... Justin Kirk has joined FX's in-development drama series Tyrant. I'll watch anything from FX without any further explanation, but in case you're less trusting than I am, here's the rundown: Tyrant is about an American family who finds themselves drawn in to the workings of a turbulent Middle East nation. Kirk, who was the best thing about the later seasons of Weeds and who starred opposite a monkey in last year's failed NBC sitcom Animal Practice, plays a sexy and mysterious American diplomat who may not be everything he seems. If the show sounds at all like the distant second cousin of Showtime's Homeland, it's probably because it's from two of the series' producers, Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff. [Deadline Hollywood]

TODAY'S NEWS BRIEFS WERE BROUGHT TO YOU BY SOMEONE WHO HAD SOME EXTRA TIME ON HER HANDS

... If you dislike FX's gritty biker drama Sons of Anarchy because you think it's too violent, might I suggest Sesame Street's "Sons of Poetry" parody instead? [Grumpyclown]

... Have you ever imagined what an '80s sitcom starring Breaking Bad's Jesse Pinkman might look like? Me neither, but thanks to Blip, now you know:

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/20/2015

Season 10 : Episode 23

81 Comments
Follow this Show
Members