We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Supernatural Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CW

Supernatural S09E06: "Heaven Can't Wait"

"Heaven Can't Wait" was one of those odd Supernatural episodes that ended up caught somewhere between being a case-of-the-week episode and an "important" episode, and as a result it felt neither complete enough to be an open-shut case, nor important enough to get our panties all in a twist about the impending not-apocalypse part IX.

Well, except for that whole Crowley shooting up someone's (Sam's? The interwebs seems to think Sam? IDK?) blood because WUUUUUT was that. I can't handle C-dog being chained up in the basement anymore. I can't. He's going to escape and he's going to blow it up and then we're not going to have a Batcave anymore and I just don't think I can take that much disappointment in my life right now. Help!

How's he even getting a hold of it? Sam would like, impale Kevin with his moose antlers before Kevin could get anywhere near him with a hypo—and OMG look at those things, they're like the scariest most stage-propy hypos ever. So is it Zeke? Are Crowley and Zeke secret besties? It wouldn't be the first time Crowley teamed up with an angel.

I know this was supposed to be a Castiel episode—and I'll get to the awesome Cas-feelings in a second—but there was quite a bit of interesting Crowley stuff in "Heaven Can't Wait," too. I enjoy a villain with a strict-but-slightly-off moral code. Part of what was so delightful about Lucifer back in the day was his creepy but still genuine interest in Sam's happiness. Demon contracts on Supernatural get a bad rap for obvious reasons, and I'm not condoning the practice of selling one's soul by any means, but Crowley's pride in his contracts and horrified outrage that Abaddon is collecting on deals prematurely was a nice moment—even though he screwed Bobby over that one time (sort of) and I'm not convinced that he's telling the truth about the angel spell being irreversible. Crowley said he always keeps his end of a bargain, but what if he wasn't talking about the arrangement he had with Sam and Kevin, but a deal made with someone else? 

Outside the bunker, we learned that the actually-homeless-WTF-Dean-REALLY? Castiel had settled in Idaho and got a job at a convenience store, where he delights in (or at least tells himself that he delights in) the human dignity of demeaning work and his ability to accomplish something, anything, despite no longer being a celestial being of incredible power and influence. He had a crush on his boss, who suckered him into babysitting her spawn even though he's like a crazy homeless dude who lives in the supply closet (totally babysitting material!). And he had sad feelings, which was unfortunate because our baddie-of-the-week was just a misunderstood fallen angel medic who didn't realize that humans can be sad without being suicidal. I actually felt really terrible when Cas and Dean shanked him. I mean, he was just trying to help. I know time was of the essence, and Cas gave us the rationalization speech about how he's been hanging with the mud monkeys for years and still doesn't always understand emotion so how can we expect a bunch of super-powered baby angels to not be overwhelmed, but IDK, I just felt bad for Ephram. 

So let's talk about something less sad and more WTF: Apparently Dean just kicked Castiel out of the bunker with no food, money, clothes, shelter, anything? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I'm fine.

I'm just really sick of Dean Winchester's self-righteous hypocrisy. The Dean-as-a-sad-stalker-ex-boyfriend scenes made me LOL, though. You keep sitting in the parking lot watching Castiel through the window, Dean. That's totally healthy. 

"Heaven Can't Wait" was strong where it was strong (Cas and Crowley) and weak where it was weak (Sam and Dean and nuance) but it still made for an enjoyable installment of Supernatural, complete with ten seconds of deranged Abaddon because she's perf. 

What did you think of the episode? 

CASE NOTES

– Dumb Winchester/Tran sighting: Did you really just let Crowley make a phone call to hell FROM YOUR SECRET BATCAVE BUNKER? Or make a phone call at all? It's only the sixth episode of the season, guys, no need to get that desperate yet. 

– I'm also revoking Sam and Kevin's Batcave privileges. (I revoked Dean's awhile ago). 

– "You're human now. It's [the angels' problem] not your problem." SAYS THE HUMAN. 

– Cas singing feels. 

– Cas touching a baby feels. 

– Cas panicking about the baby's fever feels. 

– Guys, I really like Kevin. 

– What are your Crowley blood junkie theories? Is it Sam's? If it IS Sam's, is it entirely human? Do you think Crowley knows about Ezekiel?  

– Cas vs. the slushie machine was priceless. 

– Classic Supernatural: Loved the reveal that the hot-pink Barbie-esque leftovers from Ephram's visits were actually pulverized people residue. Yummy. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/27/2016

Season 11 : Episode 19

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/4/2016

Season 11 : Episode 20

161 Comments
Comments (161)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
First of all it was clearly Kevin's blood... Sam didn't get close to taking any blood from himself before Crowley said he wanted Kevin's. Dean clearly feels guilty for what he did to Cas, but he will choose Sam every time. I think this season is an excellent character building season so far, and is leading to some serious conflicts, but I don't think they will be what we expect.
Flag
Shit is going to hit the fan in about 2 more episodes. Dean will tell Sam about his angel possession. This time I do not think Sam will freak out. Instead "Zeke" will become an important piece in getting the angels back into Heaven. I have had a theory since the 2nd episode that "Zeke" is really not just the "Good Soldier" angel as Cas told Dean on the phone. Remember Cas had a habit of not really elaborating on anything. He is the only angel with wings so far. He sought out the Wincesters. Said his current vessel wasn't strong enough for him to heal it. He knows Sam was the vessel for Lucifer (an arch angel). In the show's Angel Lore canon, regular angels eventually lose their Grace/power when cut off from Heaven. Seraphs and arch angels retain their powers even when cut off, ie, Cas in Purgatory still had his powers because he was a seraph. So how is it that Zeke is getting stronger? My theory is that Zeke is a seraph. Maybe part of Cas' old garrison. Remember back when Naomi told Cas he and his Garrison were in Egypt during the First Passover killing the first born? In Biblical text, Ezekiel is the Angel of Death and Transformation. He is also the angel in charge of God's Holy Army. Ezekiel also builds the 3rd Temple in Heaven to bring back together the angels and GOD. Seems this is what Cas was trying to do when he got mixed up with Metatron to close Heaven. In order to break the spell, Ezekiel/Sam will have to complete the Angel Trials that Kevin will discover on the Tablet. Sam will die completing these trials thus getting into Heaven -- this will be the repayment to Zeke in Dean's original bargain. Completing the Trials and reopening Heaven will be Sam's Salvation. Ezekiel/Sam will get to Heaven, kill Metatron and get Cas's Grace back. Cas, with his Grace restored will with Crowley's help, close the Gates of Hell. This is how Crowley will get his forgiveness. As for Cas, instead of sacrificing his soul, he will sacrifice his Grace to close the Gates of Hell, thus finding his redemption for what he did in Heaven and on Earth. As for the missing chunks of timeline between the episode scenes. I think they will play out as flashbacks in Dean's mind because of his guilt over Sam, Cas and all the lies, much the same way he flashbacked about time in Purgatory looking for Cas. End of show will have Sam, Dean, human Cas and Kevin riding in the Impala back to the bunker with GOD voice over (Chuck) saying they again chose family and beat all the odds. Of course, "Zeke" could also turn out to be a resurrected Gabriel --Heaven will need an archangel to keep order in Heaven. The Knights of Hell were killed by the archangels -- big fight scene between Gabriel and Abbadon. Cas will close the Gates of Hell and Gabriel will lock them. If Zeke is really Gabriel, this would explain why Sam/Zeke and Cas can not be in close proximity -- Cas would recognize Gabriel and give the whole show away.
More+
Flag
It is really become time that Crowley escaped...this season is making his evil role a softy...till that whole blood thing. Zeke is working wit Crowley i think...or something is going on....they way he looks at Sam/Zeke...
I really got annoyed with Dean...when he was talking to Cas about him sending him away, he should have told him...Cas would have understood.
I felt really sorry for Cas, when he thought that he would go on a date and then realized it was babysitting.
All with all it was a nice episode...!!
Loved Crowley calling with Avadon. that was funny..
Flag
I'm not convinced Crowley knows about Zeke. Crowley's shooting himself up with human blood to complete the trials, and he wants Kevin's... I think he can sense Sam's off but not exactly what's going on.

Flag
Oh my thought on Crowley. ..sorry just watched last night..I think Crowley was trying to complete the trials either because he was still sad and depressed or thought if he got human enough he could break the seal.
Flag
i was a bit puzzled at first when i seen crowley injecting himself with random blood. then i realised that sam didnt see the needle go missing? how could he have missed that? and how could there be something in it without someone seeing? well, i think zeke did make an appearance this episode it's just that we didn't see it. i see a flashback episode on its way! i dont think 'zeke' is there to heal sam at all, i think he's there for crowley and has been the whole time, perhaps to make him stronger so he can get out. maybe this rogue angel thinks crowley can help him get back to heaven. or maybe its the guy that let the angels out that is possessing sam and he wants to keep crowley onside so he can bullshit the winchesters about how they cant put angels back in heaven. so many theories lol!! note on cas: the only person who could really appreciate a crappy job like that is an angel who's trying to live a normal life, believe me!!
Flag
I agree. I think Zeke gave Crowley the blood and has his own hidden agenda for what is going on between the two. After all, didn't Crowley and Cas make a deal once upon a time?

It wouldn't be Crowley if he didn't have a plan. He will escape soon.
Flag
I agree, the episode lacked something. I wanted dean to come clean about why he kicked Cas out of the Bunker. At least Cas would understand coz come on, he's family! And maybe Crowley is injecting himself human blood coz he wants to become human enough so that he can escape the batcave.
Flag
When Castiel agreed to follow Dean to the school, I expected to see both of them in formal attire. But no, Dean was in his jacket. Cas was in his uniform.
Flag
I honestly feel like Crowley knows about Ezekiel. He has been giving Sam strange looks.
Flag
I thought it was pretty alright; definitely the most consistent of the recent pack of episodes. Primarily because there was no Ezekiel and his freaking voodoo. Can you believe that? No super healing powers, no magic resurrections, no nothing. It was all so much more bearable to watch. Perhaps there is still hope for Supernatural's writing team. Perhaps.

Or perhaps not if they continue messing up the characterizations of their protagonists after 9 long years. 9 years! How am I supposed to believe that Dean would just throw out Cas on the street, without anything at all? Without at least giving him some cash to get by and installing him at some shady motel? Without checking up on him and trying to stay in touch? It was already hard to believe that he would kick him out without at least mentioning the reasons. And sure, I could curse at Dean and call him names, but when it's plain bad, cringe-worthy writing, it's bad writing to blame. This isn't the first time they overdid on doucheness with Dean, but it's one of those times when it's a really grave miss that comes in the way of all believeability. Consistent characterization please, people!!!

I liked Cas at his new job, and him further exploring human behavior. He could teach Dean a thing or two about responsibility and dignity. I also liked that he was more so his mature self - one that was capable of talking back and seeing a deeper meaning in things, rather than just acting goofy all the time.
I didn't care much for the date-that-turned-out-to-be-about-babysitting, because it was another example of subpar writing. I get what the intent what, and it could've been humorous if the "misleading the audience" part wasn't handled so poorly. The woman asked Cas out on a date, no subtexts there. She would have to be pretty dumb or pretty cunning to make her choice of words come out so wrong and not drop even the subtlest of hints regarding the true purpose. And I'm probably spending more time on this nitpicking than I should be doing, but I just found it really jarring for some reason.

Finally we saw Kevin and not just heard about Kevin, and he and Sam had some good scenes with Crowley (although Sam seemingly bought Dean's excuses to keep him off the case too easily). The demon call to Abaddon (the bunker seemed to cause interferences there, right?) played out more or less as expected, but it did demonstrate once again that Crowley maintains some sort of specific integrity. Our former King of Hell becoming hooked up on human blood was a more interesting turn of events. He has had Sam, now he has had Kevin. I wonder where will it take him. Plus Sam was smart enough to just stand there and observe, for now.
I also wonder whether it's really true about the 'falling angels spell' being irreversible. Not being able to return to the former status quo would mean a new spin on things.

I appreciate that Supernatural team tried to take another shot at adding some more mythology to the show, rather than just gleefully mutilating the pre-existing one (poor Reapers). The special squad of angels was a nice touch (makes you wonder whether there are any other task forces, too), and it did make sense that they wouldn't be able to tell between all the subtle differences of human pain.
Ephram could've been more interesting still, and the writers could stop making Dean and Sam have loud and clear and idiotic entrances against powerful beings that end up in them being traditonally brushed to the side or have a close meeting with a wall (again, a recurring theme after so many seasons). At least the angel blade passing from Dean to Cas was a bit more inventive.

In the end, some good elements mixed with some not-so-good elements. I still worry about the current writing talent on the show (miss you, Edlund; hate you, Buckner and Ross-Leming), and how the insufferable Ezekiel's voodoo story plays out. It's hard to get a feel for this season so far.
More+
Flag
Yeah, I still don't get the reason why Zeke wanted him out of there. He said he wasn't warded, but he is after all. Cass said Zeke was A-OK and vice-versa in the beginning. It just seems like the writers needed this and they couldn't come up with a better solution.
Flag
I'm actually starting to wonder if there's a reason the writers are withholding some key scenes from the Dean and Cas story. We don't actually know why Cas is so broke. It APPEARS as though Dean didn't help him, but we didn't see the end of that scene where Dean tells him he has to leave. What if Dean HAD offered Cas some of his ill-gotten funds (from stolen credit cards) and Cas simply refused to take them on principle? Cas does seem interested in living an honest, hard-working human life.

Also, re-watching it, the continuity in this episode was unusually bad. It's clearly afternoon when Cas says he needs a ride to his date, but night time when Dean drops him off. What happened in the meantime? Then it's still night-time when Dean shows up to help save Cas from the angel, but the next thing we see is, Dean dropping Cas off at the gas station the next morning. I guess it could just be lazy writing, but it does look a little strange. Are we going to see those missing hours in flashback later, and find out that maybe Dean hasn't been as big a jerk to Cas as it first appeared ? If the writers could pull it off, that would be kind of a neat effect to parallel the other story-- to sort of let the audience experience what Sam must be going through every time Dean has a chat with Zeke and he loses small chunks of time out of his day. Still, it would be nice to know what's really going on...
More +
Flag
Well, Dean is in a hard place. He always puts Sam and what's best for Sam above all else (even himself) and he was put in a postion where he had to choose between Sam's well being and Cas and he made the predictable choice. Maybe he offered to help Cas and was turned down, maybe not. Personally, I think he's afraid to do anything for or with Cas or have a lot of contact with him because he doesn't want Cas to find out what the deal with Sam is. I suspect, on some level, he's afraid of what Cas might think (or what information Cas might even have for him on Zeke just as I suspect Zeke wanted Cas out for reasons not entirely matching the ones he gave). In the end it's not really unexpected that Dean would choose Sam then distance himself from Cas to avoid exsposure and having to deal with the fall out from his choice.
Flag
I think it's a testament to the strength of the fan base that we continue to speculate that plot holes are intentional and interpret "missing" scenes and make excuses for a writing staff that seems to be phoning it in more and more every year. I've been saying it for four (?) seasons now - sometimes it seems like the initial meeting to map out the season is an anything goes idea-a-thon, where they throw up on a whiteboard everything that someone says "what if we..." or "wouldn't it be neat if..." and then they "make it work" regardless of preestablished mythology or characterizations. everyone remember Becky's little "Oh, you guys don't know what Bela did with the Colt?" abomination of a scene? I had such high hopes for the season after the first two eps. Longtime fan, though. Still holding out for "Abbadean". :)
Flag
Okay what about Becky and the Colt? That was an issue with the books having more information than Sam and Dean did which makes sense given that the books were apparently written from an omniscient POV and the show is told from Sam and Dean's POV (we rarely see stuff that goes on when they're not around), so yeah it's possible the books have all kinds of tidbits that they and we don't know. :)
Flag
Like Carter & Bear in Person Of Interest, one can never fault Cas. He's an Angel! Yup, Dean's an asshole as usual. Nothing to subtract from that. Sam is playing too much as a tortured soul to really make an impact these days. And Crowley needs to let his inner demon out. This week's episode was ok, well, at least back on the main story track. I believe Cas will be restored to his great glory, maybe even a promotion once the big GUY up there in empty heaven returns from his over-extended sabbatical. And Kevin, geez, seriously? Zzz.
Flag
I can see how Dean's mockery of Cas' job might be upsetting for some people, but it honestly wasn't cruel or even unexpected. The Winchesters have always show a deprecating sense of humor and high levels of sarcasm with those they consider family, it's probably the only way they can find anything funny with what they deal with on a daily basis. It's more of a coping mechanism than something meant to be hurtful.
What did feel out of place to me was Dean's constant shock at Cas' condition. As much as I didn't like it, I agree with his decision of sending Cas away, but as MaryAnn pointed out, what was actually stupid of Dean was to not provide him with clothes, food, anything to help him out on the world.

And while Cas has a vast amount of knowledge, no, I don't believe he could have gotten a better job. As much time as he's spent on Earth, it was always as an angel. And even then, the great majority of it was alongside two hunters, who are constantly on the run and faking their way into whatever position allows them to work the case. Castiel's understanding of people comes mostly from Dean and Sam, and they are not examples he can follow to survive on his own as a human. We've watched him learn how to function as a human firsthand, now he's learning how to behave like one.

About Crowley, clearly it was Kevin's blood. He demanded it himself. And Eansamli posted below a really interesting theory that he might be trying to turn himself less demonic so the demon trap won't hold him any longer. I like that a lot more than a possible attempt to regain humanity. I like Crowley because he's a bastard. Please don't change that.
More+
Flag
I also didn't take Dean's mockery so much that Cas was working such a low-level job... but that he was THROWING himself so much into it, digging it, and accepting that this was his life now. It's one thing to work a McJob, it's another to love it and feel "this is as far as I'm going to go" especially when you used to be an important person.

It's like, your brother or best friend used to be a high-power attorney... a real big deal. And now he was mopping floors at McDonalds. OK fine, everyone gets down on their luck... but if your brother / friend was actually throwing himself into it + loving it + accepting this was it... you might say "WTH are you doing!"

Cas used to be someone: he had a strong will and fought large battles. And now was content with just sitting there and organizing shelves instead of trying to figure a way out of it.
Flag
Oh, that is a good way of seeing it! Following on what libra113 said below, Cas might as well be shellshocked by his own human condition. His first reaction upon getting back on earth was to try and help other angels and that literally cost him his life, so he's probably resigned himself to a task that matches how powerless he feels.
He has seen how strong humans can be in Dean and Sam, but probably doesn't believe he can be as strong just yet.
And as silly as it sounds, I would like to see Dean giving him some pointers on how to be human, haha. Really, really awkward dating advice aside. But I guess that'd be something Sam would have the sensibility to do and those two can't quite be around each other for now.
Flag
Well, Cas did say that in the past everything he tried to do failed so I guess he just feels if he messes up at this the worst that happens is he has to clean up a mess made by the slushy machine or whatever where in the past when he messed up people (and angels and others) suffered and died.
Flag
I can understand Cas' pov thought. To him everything he's tried to do has failed and he's been jerked around first by the angels above him, who he trusted and then by Metatron. I can see why he wants to just mop floors and stock shelves right now because as I think he said it's something he can do without messing it up (although he did have the issue with the slushy machine so I'm not sure the reasoning is totally sound).

I'm sure it's just a phase and after he's wrapped his head around the human thing enough to feel as if he's got his feet on the ground he will start trying to reach out to other angels and help them. I just hope he's more careful than he was before and doesn't get himself in trouble again (of course we know he will get into trouble again but one can hope). :)

Flag
I agree with you. And I'm also of the opinion that it was Kevin's blood - why else did Crowley make such a big deal about it? I also think that he's doing it to escape the demon trap. The only thing that doesn't make sense though is how he got that blood because i'm pretty sure they used all of it to phone hell...
Flag
Well, as I stated before I think Dean is afraid to give Cas any aid because he doesn't want Cas getting too close and figuring out what's going on (not to mention the possibility that giving Cas aid might upset Zeke). Further, I think Dean has mentally distanced himself from the fall out of his choice to send Cas away he probably hasn't thought much about what he would do once on his own. Probably, avoiding thinking about it to avoid feeling guilty about it.
Flag
True. I totally agree that it's not something Dean would do knowingly. We all know how much he cares for Cas. And there are a lot of things missing from the episodes lately, the pacing is really choppy. We don't see anything aside from Cas' immediate reaction, he might as well have denied any help once it was made clear that he couldn't stay. I just hope that leaving us in the dark to these moments is something the writers are doing on purpose and that they might explain things better later on.
And I'm still rooting for Zeke to actually be a good guy! Honestly, someone not having second intentions beyond what they said is the only thing that could really surprise the viewers at this point!
Flag
Hard to say. That would be novel on this show but angels are hard to read. I remember people being suspisou of Cas when he first appeared and look at him now. Could go either way.
Flag
Cas is family. Cas joined a family of hunters. Instead of joining the family business, Cas became a bag boy. Mock Cas. It is right. It is good. This is the view of someone who was listening during the scenes with puppy dog eyes, so my view is the detached, unemotional, correct one. Also, skimmed all of everyone's shitty Dean is/isn't a douche comments. Don't repeat them again here. I will not be swayed and I'm not interested in wading through the mud with you folks.
Flag
As for Crowley's "blood-junkie" moment, I think it is more of the effects of being almost cured. By the end of the season 8 finale, he was willingly allowing himself to be cured. In this episode, he shows signs of almost sadness and remorse over his contracts being collected early and therefore people going to hell. I think this was him, willingly and proactively curing himself further. It wasn't Sam's blood, though, but Kevin's. Probably because his would be pure. For starters, he is a prophet. Plus, he was seemingly a good, straight-laced kid before this and, since coming into the show, has yet to kill anything or sin in anyway. Hence, like the priest shown in the demonstration tape and unlike Sam who needed to be purified by the trails, Kevin's blood is pure enough to get the reminder of the job finished.
Flag
I think Crowley just wants to escape the bunker dungeon. If he's human enough, the Devil's Trap on the floor probably won't hold him-- all he'll have to do is get the chains off and he can walk out. I think he wants to use Kevin's blood so he won't accidentally complete Sam's trial, since that would allow Sam to close the gates of Hell, which wouldn't do Crowley any good. I'm not convinced his humanity is real at this point. I think if he gets away, he'd probably be looking to get his King of Hell gig back. But maybe that'll change as time goes on.
Flag
Thing is he's kinda showed signs of being human when there was no one around so it would be kind of silly to fake them. I seem to recall one point where it sounded like he was sobbing just before someone came in and stopped when he heard them coming. If he was acting it would be the other way around and he would be pleading with them that he's cured and yadda, yadda.
Flag
Hmm. That is a pretty damn good and well-thought-out theory actually. I hadn't actually thought about the Devil's Trap and all the warding, but now that you've mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised if you are one-hundred percent right. That would explain why they tucked in all the repeated mentions of all the traps and barring symbols throughout this episode.
Flag
Sam also keeps throwing in comments about how he's seen an almost human side of Crowley ..both theories are really good. He's either doing it to get out, or doing it because he actually WANTS to feel and be more human.. I'm thinking he's probably trying to get out of the Devil's trap though. I'm wondering if once he cures himself too much, that he will actually want to be the same bad guy that he has been though..
Flag
It was an all right episode. The whole medic angel thing seemed rather rudimentary. Cas was all right, did he leave the revolver in the planter? He exploits in the gas&gulp were all right. But I am kind of on Dean's side on this. Cas though still a little backwards in his understanding of humans, humanity etc. Still was an angel, he grace got taken, not his memory or skills. He with the vast knowledge that he has, he could/should do better than a quickie mart.

Dean is kind of a douche at times. I am not sure why that would surprise anyone. Usually it is funny but often times it is well douchey.

I am monumentally tired of Crowley, the only good thing about his whole thing was him being put on hold and that we finally got to see Abaddon again. More Abaddon please. I was tired of Crowley a few seasons ago. There just isn't anything new. My guess about the blood is that it is Kevin's. Crowley, when they were getting the blood, spied Kevin's no possession tattoo. My guess is that if he gets the blood or enough of it, somehow it potentially circumvents the tattoo so that he can try to possess Kevin and get out of there. That is just speculation, but the tattoo has something to do with it.

It was a good episode but I want more of the guys vs Abaddon. She is the new big bad, she is awesome and new. And really the only top notch character that they have had in a few seasons.
More+
Flag
Mate, what job exactly do you see Cas getting that would use his lore knowledge and stuff like that but require little to no people skills or knowledge of how or world works? I don't think such a job exsists, at least not one that wouldn't require paperwork and a history he just doesn't have.
Flag
I have some colleagues that are philosophy professors. He could do that no problem. I completely forgot that he has no paper work. You would have thought that Dean would have at least set him up with one of their identities. But he has been kind of douchey.
Flag
Well yeah but I wouldn't say he would be good at philosophy exactly. Maybe some sort of Bible studies or theology class but he would need degrees, credentials (which would likely be checked out) as well as refrences from other schools or universities and most importantly he would have to learn to teach the material and not correct it with personal information. Really for a drifter with no background and no modern skills he did pretty well.
Flag
JayAtkinson, seriously stop embarrassing yourself. Your opinion is indeed wrong.

Dean was a hypocritical asshole. There's no denying that. Making up excuses for him is just sad. Insulting me because I disagree with you is just sad.

Give it up.
Flag
It's like a terrible car-crash, I can't make me stop reading this, it's painful and disgusting but fascinating and even funny at the same time.
One side is right the other seems to have turned into a giant vagina, it's epic.
I don't say who is what because I think it's obvious to the keen eye.
Flag
Haha. It felt like being in a car-crash (or, more accurately, a hit-and-run). I was almost experiencing as such, viewing it almost in slow motion, constantly trying to escape it happening, telling myself to not check the site again after each post, and be pulled into the nonsense....but ending up checking anyway and, in annoyance, unable to hold my tongue typing fingers. It is even funnier, really, when it can be assumed--most likely correctly--that both of us are going to like that comment due to wholeheartedly believing that the other is the aforementioned "giant vagina", and therefore one of us proving deluded to the truth of your opinion.
Flag
Fine let's "face" the "logical and detailed" explanation. Shall we?

"Yeah, you're right. He did nothing to help. He absolutely did not drop everything at the first word from Cas--including watching over Sam/keeping Zeke in check---to look in on the case, checking in on Cas despite saying he wasn't going to, and then helped save his life at the end! Not to mention show pride and offer advice. Yes, you are absolutely right, how dare we offer a different opinion to your own. I doubt very much Dean sent Cas away with nothing, given the fact he said when he fell he had nothing. No mention of what he has or hasn't got now. Plus, he clearly held no ill-will towards Dean.
As far as his will to live goes. He openly said he wants to live--and has been fighting to stay alive this whole time. He has struggled, yes, but his will to live is thoroughly intact and has been all along. As far as his dignity goes, I don't see how he has lost it. Yes, he is working a menial, lowly job, but he doesn't see it that way and still clearly feels a sense of pride in his accomplishments so far. Even cleaning toilets. Granted, Dean mocked it a little. But it would be amusing, a powerful angel resorting to this and not realising how beneath him it is. But, after all that, he expressed pride in Cas for his current adaptation and such. Hardly kicking him whilst he was down."

1. Dean "dropped everything at the first word from Cas" not because he cares about him but because he didn't want to help Sam and Kevin reseach/look into dead languages.

2. Oh look Dean saved Cas' live once. He is a true hero. *sarcasm* How many times has Cas saved Dean and Sam's lives when he was an angel? Yeah, that's right. I went there.

3. please enlighten me oh mighty one. How did the true hero and savior of all Dean showed pride? and by offering advice you mean suggesting that Cas took off the vest and unbutton his shirt? oh wow fantastic advice. that helps him exactly how?

the rest is just Dean excuses and no valid points.

thank you. but I'm seriously done discussing this with you.
More +
Flag
Now let's look at your points!

1. Are you serious---and/or a complete imbecile? He dropped everything and went to Cas, because it is Cas. The getting out of research---was a comedic by-product. Simple as. Had there not been research, he would have gone. Fact! Had Cas not called, he would have found an actual, non-legitimate excuse. Even Sam said this sounded like a real case and worth dodging research for, wanting to help. In summary, your first point----invalid.

2. Are you, again, serious---and/or a complete imbecile? For someone who has watched from the beginning, you are incredibly blind or have serious memory issues. Dean has been a part of saving Cas numerous times----including two weeks ago when he insisted he be brought back from the dead. If that isn't enough to invalidate your second point, time for some sarcasm of my own. Oh yes, Cas has saved Dean so many times. What a truly benevolent friend and hero. What a shame that most of what he had to save Dean and Sam from were acts of his own hubris and traitorous actions. Dean may mock his job a little, but at least, I dunno, he never viciously tried to destroy one of Castiel's loved one and willingly almost-ended the world.

3. Oh, blind and moronic one, allow me to indeed you how Dean showed pride: Um, when he uttered the words, towards the end of the episode, that he is PROUD of Cas! As for advice, he told him to stick to the human life and not seek out the angels to fix things, however much as he might want to. Now why would he do that perhaps? Um. Because he loves Cas, maybe and trying to protect him? Because he knows that a) he will be doomed to failure and it will only further his guilt and disappointment? And b) that it might get him killed, as it already did before---unbeknownst to anyone but Dean. Both things serving to keep Cas alive and safe, and potentially happy. Basically instructing him to have the normal life he could never have. He may have mocked it, but at the end of the episode, he encouraged him not to give it up!

Next time, maybe actually start paying attention, realise there may be more to things that just what a review tells you and, oh yes, grow the fuck up!
More +
Flag
I think there's a lot of over-romanticising Cas and his situation right now, and everyone bashing Dean seems to have forgotten that Cas got into this crisis by going on the ill-advised angel tablet quest with Metatron - that Dean left Sam in the church with Crowley in the middle of that experiment, and went along with Cas despite having serious reservations about. Dean also risked Zeke - and therefore Sam - to save Cas in ep3 (I think, #3). He welcomed him to the Batcave, till Zeke threw a bitchfit, and left him no choice but to tell Cas to leave. Cas isn't on the run anymore, he's settled in, found a new identity, and is managing well, given his situation,

And I appreciate that Cas is taking responsibility for his actions. He's manned up, is dealing with the loss of his grace, doing his best to stand on his own feet after literally a near-fatal fall, takes pride in doing his job (shown as extra-demeaning to highlight the degree of his fall from grace), and was even looking forward to a date. I really don't see what Cas' situation at the moment has to do with Dean other than Dean being generally supportive. He's not Dean's child - or significant other (as a lot of people would like right now) - to be his to 'take care of'.

This review presumes a LOT of info, and somehow makes Dean physically responsible for Cas (actually-homeless-WTF-Dean-REALLY? Castiel). Cas didn't even tell Dean where he was, Dean found him out on his own to check up on him, and also backed him up on the date that he was so nervous about like a good buddy, though that also has been twisted into something more (Dean-as-a-sad-stalker-ex-boyfriend scenes). These interpretations are personal ones, and that's fine... in general. But it's very frustrating when reviews become an entirely personal commentary without giving due credit to the actual goings-on of the show. Sorry, MaryAnn... I regularly read your reviews but this one's less review, more righteous angst.

Anyway, well-fought, Jay. Props.

Dean Apologist #3 (since people are counting).
More +
Flag
"oh yes, grow the fuck up!"

says the person calling me a "moron" and an "imbecile". at least, I'm not throwing insults around. You have no dignity my good sir.
Flag
Now, kindly, be gone!
Flag
...says the one using childish gifs and hiding behind them to throw out childish insults. I have plenty of dignity, thank-you very much, but very little patience for people like you. I don't tend to throw insults around, so much as steer them towards people who have proven deserving of them.
Flag
Um, I insulted your arguments and the childish way you were delivering them.... and still are, it would seem. So no, I shall not stop. I feel far from embarrassed. In fact, I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of arrogant simpletons.
P.S - I am not making excuses, I am using actual facts from the episode to form my own opinions and legitimate arguments, rather than taking quotes FROM A REVIEW as law.
Flag
Cool, well I feel embarrassed for you. Let's leave it at that.
Flag
Go ahead, because I feel nothing but pity for you....
Flag
Apparently Dean just kicked Castiel out of the bunker with no food, money, clothes, shelter, anything? ---- Assumptions! Seeing as no-one said any such thing or no such thing as being sent with no money and means for clothes and shelter were shown.
Flag
My guess to reverse an irreversible spell you need to take away one of the ingredients.
I think that they are going to have to get Castiel Grace back and so it would destroy the spell because not all the ingredients would be working. Any thoughts?
Flag
Good luck that would likely be in Heaven. They would have to die again and go to Heaven again and even THEN it would be a real mess. Then again could be a fun episode and I would so love to see Cas get even with Metatron. I'm in. :)
Flag
I think it got used up-all of it. I don't think that there is like a shield up there keeping them out or something. I think that the irreversibility part was pretty clear. Besides, that Metatron guy was pretty pissed and it would make sense that he would od everything possible to make the spell as permanent as possible. Perhaps someone will have to die, go to Heaven and kill the jerk...
Flag
I like the idea of people invading heaven through dying. We'd get to see jo again!! and Bobby!
But what if grace is something that you can earn? My real question is: What is grace? I don't think they've ever addressed that yet which is why I believe thats the way back to heaven.
Flag
I don't think Grace can ever be 'all used up' as long as it's connected to Heaven to keep it going. The only time anything like that happened was when Cas was cut off from Heaven and he had a set limit on his power and used it up. It might be a bit rundown not being inside Cas but once he got it back it would probably charge back up PDQ. Maybe Cas should be the one to die and go to Heaven to get it back. After all Metatron told him to live his life and when he (Cas) died he would go to Heaven with a new story to tell him (Metatron). Maybe that's the key in. :)
Flag
I think Crowley is shooting blood to get in touch with his human side - Sam mentioning how he changed in the church made me think this.
Also I would like to see an emotionally unstable Crowley for a while - could be fun.

They need to move Zeke out and Cas back in - its starting to drag. How long does it take to heal him?
Flag
How long does it take to heal him?
I say 23 episodes...
Also I like the aspect of Crowley connecting to his human emotions/consciousness via blood transfer. This must be the case since Sam didn't stop him but rather watched him silently and with some amount of empathy(?). Sam knows.
Flag
I dont think its empathy, I think he hopes it makes Crowley easier to handle

23!! - we'd never see Cas again!
Flag
Good observation, I gave Sam not enough credit it seems because it's way cooler.
Flag
I suspect the whole Zeke thing will come to a head about the time of the mid season break (coming up) and the winter cliffhanger will be what happens because of it. Then we move on to the real issue all the angels running around causing havoc and their new leader.
Flag
Zeke's used up a good 2/3rds of his battery resurrecting Cas, Charlie, blowing up a bunch of demons and healing Sam from a mortal neck wound. Remember, without the Heaven charging him, Zeke has a finite amount of energy. Every time he uses his angelic powers it erases a lot of the repairs he made, and if the characters keep acting as stupid as they are this season, eventually he's gonna run out completely like Cas did in season 5.
Flag
True, but some time has passed -Cas moved on and even managed to get a job, so I'm guessing at least 2 weeks
Flag
According the new cast in this episode it had been 'several weeks' nice and vauge. :)
Flag
So I am probably terribly wrong, but could Crowley be using the blood to "feel human" again? He seemed not to witty when Sam talked to him about that. Maybe the purification has awaken sth in him that he can't feel without blood.

Flag
Only one problem, who's blood was that if they used it all in the call to hell?
Flag
I have one big problem with Dean the writers at the moment. Everyone seems to agree to some extent that it was douchey of Dean to mock Castiel's job when Dean was the one who kicked Cass to the curb. However, my problem with this is the fact that Dean did NOT give Cass any money or spare clothes or anything. And it seems really out of character.

Dean has always been his brother's keeper but ever since Castiel's introduction, Dean has also been supporting him. That's why it makes perfect sense that Dean would kick Cass out of the Batcave (his brother comes first) but no sense, whatsoever, to not give Cass any advice and/or financial help. IIRC aren't Sam & Dean semi-pros at credit card scams and what not?

So Dean seems a bit douchey (I think he has always been a bit of 'Do as I say, not as I do' kinda guy) but I think it's the writers who are to blame. Hard to think that he would leave a friend, who knows slightly more about the human behaviour than a child, to fend off for himself.
Flag
Well, one thing we've seen about Dean from day one is when it comes to Sam everything else is a distant second. I can see him easily choosing Sam over Cas. I'm also wondering if maybe he was worried that he offered Cas too much help (or any for that matter) if it would piss off Zeke and he would threaten to leave again.
Flag
I am guessing that if the guys really can't find a way to put the angels back in heaven they will start searching for a way to take their Grace away. It would be nice if they could pick and choose which angels get to keep it but most likely it would end up being an all or nothing. They will end up getting everything together to cast the spell and Dean will have to convince Sam to wait and he will have to confess to Sam that he is possessed by an angel. OR Sam will have found out and the customary fight will occur, they will make up and then Sam and Dean will have to choose-either risk Sam not being healed and kick out all the angels or wait until Zeke gives them the all clear and then do it. I'm sure something will force their hand because that always happens and because the Winchesters never catch a break, thus forcing Sam to take the risk that he might die in order to render all angels on Earth powerless. Cas will then become the guy who can counsel them on how to deal with their newfound humanness. As for Crowley I think he is really pissed about Abby and her way of doing things and it got super personal when she started calling in HIS deals early. I think that is why he made the "I keep my bargains" comment. I don't think he is lying about the spell, he may not be telling them everything but he isn't in a position where lying helps him.
Dean may not have been the best friend when he threw Cas out with nothing, but it irritated me that we didn't really get to see much of that conversation. DId Cas storm out? Did I miss something? He so should have had some clothes, money and stuff to get him started-maybe he did though and just ran out.
The whole episode I felt so bad for Cas-especially when that chick tricked him in to babysitting. I was happy to see caring concerned Cas and while his singing wasn't great it was soooo sweet. I really disliked that woman. I mean in no way was she clear that she was asking for a sitter. Damn you lady for breaking Cas's heart.
More+
Flag
It was mentioned a few times below, but it's definitely Kevin's blood - it was confirmed by the episode's writer, Robert Berens:

http://superwriters.tumblr.com/post/66906648024
Flag
Really? Everyone thinks the blood is Sam's? Where would Crowley get Sam's blood? I think Sam would remember the King of Hell jumping up from the table, stabbing him with a needle, and taking his blood. I'm pretty sure we would see that too. We're blaming Zeke for this? I just don't believe it. Zeke might be a dick, but giving a demon blood is a bad idea. Zeke doesn't seem like he's team hell. Plus, it would be a super lame plot twist! I thought it was Kevin's blood. Kevin gave blood for "phone call" and while Crowley was on hold he took a needle, got Kevin's blood, and is now shooting up for some reason. Does Crowley want to feel what he did in the church? Is he hoping to be human or at least more human? Is he just trying to mess with everyone? I don't know! I do want to find out. I like this story line.

Cas in this episode broke my heart. I really wanted to give him a hug, a cookie, and somewhere warm to stay. Cas is trying his best at his new job and it's cute in a sad sort of way. I have to give him credit for trying to make the best out of something that sucks. He's in pain and yet he's going on day to day doing the best he can. That woman wasn't good enough for him. Cas was a great babysitter because he cared so much and he really wished he could have just taken away her pain. Plus, we got to hear Cas sing, which was amazing. I really loved Cas in this episode, I really did.

Dean had no right to make fun of Cas's job or to belittle his outfit. If he really wanted to help Cas he could have given him something other then showing him the door.

Also, I loved the pink slime. I love that if you wish your life away an angel will appear and turn you into pink goo. There is a lesson in that somewhere.
More+
Flag
Who else thinks Zeke is actually Lucifer? doesnt really make sense why he could not tell Cas himself why he couldnt stay.
Flag
Nope, not even a little. Lucifer in a cage in Hell and cannot get out. I don't know so many people seem to want Lucifer to come back. He was a one trick pony and we've seen the trick already. There wouldn't be anything else for him to do other than try and get Micheal back and end the world and we've so been there and done that already.
Flag
"So let's talk about something less sad and more WTF: Apparently Dean just kicked Castiel out of the bunker with no food, money, clothes, shelter, anything? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"I'm just really sick of Dean Winchester's self-righteous hypocrisy."

" "You're human now. It's [the angels' problem] not your problem." SAYS THE HUMAN. "

Thank you. *slowly starts clapping*

Your review was finally spot on.
Flag
I didn't enjoy this episode as much as I wanted to. Crowley was fantastic (and that blood part at the end - can't wait to find out what that's all about!). I really liked Dean and actually felt sorry for him instead of annoyed at him. He's stuck in a difficult place - he was promised by Zeke that Zeke could fix Sam and that was the only reason he'd "possess" Sam. But now Zeke created that rift between Dean and Cas and made Dean choose between Cas and Sam and Dean just can't risk Zeke leaving Sam before Sam is all healed up (because Dean just doesn't know if Sam is healed or not and can't take that chance - Sam is his brother). I don't know - I feel like Dean is trying so hard to do what's right for everyone and that can only last so long before he breaks.

Cas's scenes were just heartbreaking, but I had a difficult time feeling anything but pity for him. I just kept saying, "Oh, poor Cas..." but by the end, I found myself wanting Cas to do something - take a stand, make a decision, kiss the girl, kiss Dean - I didn't care as long as it was something. But he just...went back to work. I really hope they do something with the character soon...I loved Cas and now I just feel too sorry for him to feel anything else :/ I was happy with his "I want to live" moment and the resulting angel-stab (though I actually like Ephram). But it didn't really feel like a decisive action - more of a "You'll kill me if I don't kill you and I want to live, ergo..."

I'm not usually so nitpicky with shows..I forgive easily. But anyway....

But Crowley! I hope that was Sam's blood (or Kevin's - either way) because that would mean that Crowley liked feeling human and wants to feel human and that's quite the change in character from someone who just wanted to be King of Hell. I'm not sure I'd like a human Crowley, but a Crowley who wants to feel human things on occasion is definitely something I'd like to see :D
More+
Flag
I really hoped with human!Cas we would have gotten Hunter!Cas or Bobby!Cas. There still could have been an ep of him on the hunt and experiencing fear over his mortality and maybe retreating to a research capacity. Gah.

Cas' Misadventures as a Real Boy are as out of place and unnecessary as Sam and that WTF!Amelia storyline, and Dean and his Insta-family domestic hell storyline. I'm here for the ruckus. If the boys ain't marrying fellow hunters so they can continue on the path of kicking ass uninterrupted IDGAF.

What I'm saying is, I'm here for the boys (and girl!) that compose the small Winchester circle. I'd like more rallying together to fight the good fight. I don't think I want them to Scooby Gang it at the Batcave, but I could go for a little Scooby Gang feels more often than not They can start with Sam and Dean, who's relationship I haven't liked in years, but since we spend the majority of our time with just the two of them, I would like them to not always be so disconnected from each other, aside from extreme cases of possessive co-dependence.
Flag
I thought this episode was great. It was a great case of the week but with a good connection to the season long arc.
I loved the introduction of Ephram. I hope he wasn't the only medic angel. It's been 9 seasons and these awesome writers still come up with new stuff like this. Good work all around.
We got to see lots of Crowley and lots of Cas and a little bit of Kevin and a small smidge of Abbadon (so hot). The phone banks for Hell was hilarious. Putting the king on hold? Ballsy move! lol Although I guess technically he has been dethroned.
Very very not happy with Dean regarding Cas. WTF Dean? Kick him out with nothing? Not even a stolen credit card so he can get a shitty motel and some food? Family my ass. They've really done some serious damage to Dean's character. He's getting torn up on most of the blogs and reviews. Not many people like him right now and we are totally justified. He just kicks poor Cas out on his own with nothing. F U Dean!!!
As far as Crowley and the blood, I think he's being "healed". I mean we saw him in the finale last year, basically begging for forgiveness. I don't know if having more human blood heals him more and more but that's where I'm going with it. And I think it was Kevin's blood, not Sam's. I don't think Sam drew blood at all during the phone call scene. I really hope it's not a case of Crowley working with Zeke. Been there, done that. Let's try something new this time.
I really enjoyed this episode. So far, other than the Wizard of Oz ep, every one has been a winner. Season 9 is Season FINE!!!
More+
Flag
First think's first: You said what if Crowley had made a promise to someone else. Indeed, what if Crowley made a promise to Ezekiel not to reveal the truth, so when time was right and he was strong enough he could dominate to heaven while on Sam-meat-suit and in exchange he would make sure Crowley would be in power downstairs? Hmm, apart from the morality in all of his immorality the british accent thing adds to me liking him. I really couldn't believe Dean left Cas like that?? HOW COULD HE???????? Yeah and the human Dean tells a human Cass not to worry about that. Castiel was handing things pretty well though! He found a job and he was great at it. I laughed with the whole rose thing, it was so cute :) Anyways, it was a nice episode. Ohh, and I had a theory about Crowley and the blood but I forgot it :/ And the lady's in the photo hair in the first scene, really reminded me of Sam's hair.
Flag
When exactly would Crowley and Zeke have had time to set that up. Crowley has been Sam and Dean's prisoner since the end of last season and Zeke crashed on Earth with the rest of the angels. Not exactly seeing an chance to strike any kind of deals between them.
Flag
While Crowley was a prisoner. Zeke would appear in Sam's place. He's been doing that more and more, hasn't he? I don't know :/
Flag
Okay but I'm pretty sure they've been saying that Dean has been on him like glue so I don't know when he could pulled that.
Flag
Is it just me or season 9 isn't as great as thought it would be ?
To me the creators are just trying too hard ... I mean its supposed to be a fascinating and spine-chilling sitcom, no ? yet, lately these episodes are just not doing it for me.
The main idea of the season is great, I just wish the writes would work more on the storyline.
It feels like they want to make comedy and not an action filled, frightful show with jokes and some wit.
(Using old and cheap jokes, will not live up to any of the episodes from season 1-8)
I'm sorry, but it feels like they are just ruinning the whole thing, at least for me.
I honestly hope they will get back on the right path soon.
Flag
The show has been pretty bad for awhile now. (and this is coming from someone who's been watching since the beginning of Season 1, nine years ago)

Just go back and rewatch seasons 1-5. Those were the good times. I don't recommend anything past Season 5. The Ruby/Anna storylines were my favorite. And I just adored Katie Cassidy as Ruby. Meg was also great. (the first actress playing her)

Trying to remember back. Season 6 was terrible. Alpha vampires, werewolves and whatnot and Dean trying to live a normal live. Pretty much everyone hated Lisa.

Season 7 - Castiel thinking he is God. oh lord episode 5 was the worst episode this show has ever done. Leviathans bs. More leviathans bs. Bobby is a spirit bs? (I think)and the Leviathan bs storyline ends.

Season 8 - 8x04 was one of my favorite episodes on this show, and I know that 99% of the people hated it so there's that. XD

few Kevin episodes, larping and Charlie, 8x13 was horrible...8x16 too. more Charlie and Meg. Trials and Sam fails the trials....
Flag
I've been a fan just as long as you've been. And I do agree with you to a certain extent.
The first couple of seasons were the best, and some of the later seasons had a few weak episodes as you mentioned above. But even then, they tried to keep the stories close to the main idea of the show, which to me is about two brothers fighting evil/spirits/demons and trying to keep each other alive at the same time.
While these new episodes are just trying to be too funny and comedic all the while loosing the action and the evil stuff.

I liked the Ruby episodes too, 8x04 was not my fav but it was okay. And true some of the Bobby episodes felt just too much. Still it was kinda all right.
Hopefully these two ( 09x05&0906) were just "filling episodes" leading up to the good stuff. lol.
Flag
Can I ask how long you've been a fan? I've only started watching the show over the summer. Because I basically marathoned it only looking up reviews for a few episodes I didn't get a week between episodes or even an hour lol to sort through thoughts and focus in a lot of stuff. So to me personally it does feel like a little let down because of that. I've been saying I miss the episodes that felt really horror themed, seems like next week is a possibilty.
It took me 2 attempts to actually watch Supernatural. When I first started I was like this show is good, and scary but maybe too scary lol. I miss the scariness everything is always angels/demons which isn't scary at all.
Flag
Good to know I am not alone!
Well, I've been a fan from the beginning. I started watching it when it first aired, then after the 2nd season I took a "little break". I moved and it was hard to find a non dubbed version and I did not want to settle with a horribly dubbed spanish Dean and Sam.

Same for me with while catching up. I liked it though lol.
The next episode does sound promising, fingers crossed. 'Cus episode 4 was a disaster for me atleast. I did not find it funny at all.
I totally know what you mean by the first 1-3 season being "too scary". I miss that thrill.
True, angels/demons theme is not as scary as the "yellow eyed demon" theme was, still I think that if they would try to work more on the storyline it could develop into an interesting and scary season. I remember seeing this seasons poster for the first time, thinking it looked awesome and promising. I still have hope lol.
As I see it, less dog channeling/Charlie and more Demon/Ghost/Zombie etc. *ss kickin' would do good for the show.
As for Cas and the angel table story, well obviously Crowley is lying about the spell being irrerversible. Even if he does keep his promise, he is evil so there is supposed to be at least some kind of a twist in his translation. A pact with Zeke sounds believable. Castiel should find his way out of his misery and adjusting as a human. I'd like to see him back as a " hunter in training".
More +
Flag
Loved the review! Right on all points. Should be interesting to see what happens with Crowley. Was making that call like a GPS signal to all demons? Doesn't seem much like anyone wants to help him. I really wish they had more Abbadon this episode. Although her convo with Crowley was excellent, I'm just a big Alaina Huffman fan and I love her versatility and what she's done with this character. Even though Crowley is saying that the spell is irreversible, I don't think the gates of Heaven will be closed off to angels forever so easily. I think in the end they'll find a way to reopen the gates, but some angels will choose to stay and others will return, we'll have to wait and see as season fine continues ;)
Flag
...Just finished watching all 4 seasons of Battlestar Gallactica on Neflix, Crowley was tooo weird on that show!!
Flag
he started out so cool and mysterious like during the trial, but I felt he wasn't as effective or cool
Flag
It was obv kevin's blood. hence the "I've already had yours" line earlier in the episode.

episode was OK but I agree with you on the waste of the medic-angel, the rudeness of dean, and the handing your baby off to the homeless man who sleeps near the slurpie machine.

cass is great, though.

i'm ready for some war. bring on abbadon and get cass his grace back ASAP
Flag
Yeah, get that turd-nerd booger in here, and let's get Cas angelic again!!! This is heartbreaking :(
Flag
Sam started to extract his blood, and Crowley said he'd only take Kevin's. The syringes were filled with Kevin's blood.
Flag
This episode was weird. It was like the writers promised guilt from Dean and anger from Cas, but there was not much of either one. Also, Cas' boss is either oblivious or a user.

However, Crowley seems to want to be human now. That should prove interesting.
Flag
Is it wrong that I want to jump Castiel even in a Qwik-E-Mart vest?
Flag
Nope. Not at all. I love Steve.
Flag
Seriously though, Castiels puppy dog eyes are worse than actual sad puppy eyes. :(
I mean I can't:
ughh.

Flag
Oh my GOD. The look. The blink. The eyes. I can't even.
Flag
And:

Flag
I'm sorry but Dean was an asshole in this episode.The whole mocking of Cas' job was very insulting.
Flag
Let's remember too that Dean (unbelievably) gets his income from "credit card fraud and hustling pool".
Flag
Yeah, seriously...he's the one who threw him out--when he knew Cas was graceless and homeless!!!! I'ts like if u break up with someone, then criticize them for being a single loser...c'mon Dean
Flag
Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. I love Dean, but...come on, man.
Flag
Not happy....what is this, the feel sorry for Cas episode, Dean's being unfair...i'm hoping he gets his grace back soon, i can't cope with him human!!
Flag
change that Dean's being cruel!!
Flag
Maybe cruel is abit extreme, yes its the way he did it, he owes Cas a better explanation...
Flag
I wouldn't go that far. Zeke was right: eventually Cass will be found again, perhaps by more Reapers perhaps by something else. All of the carvings in the world probably can't keep Reapers at bay.

So, if an army of Angels come they're all screwed... and Zeke doesn't want to risk it and will leave IMMEDIATELY and thus kill Sam.

So he's pretty much stuck: invite Cass to stay with them, and Sam dies instantly and the entire Bat Cave gets destroyed within weeks. Cass stays in the wilderness, and Sam + Dean + Zeke have a chance to figure something out HOPEFULLY before Cass bites it.
Flag
It's more the way Dean did it I think that has upset people, I think most agree with the decision that he couldn't stay. No doubt Zeke was right about Cas bring hell to their door which I'm sure both Cas and Sam saw. But he didn't try to set him up somewhere and get him started. He could have sent him to Rufus's cabin. Dean and Sam have figured out how to get places running when they were staying in abandoned places. You'd think he'd at least share some tips with him.
Also Kevin is/was just as much a wanted man as Castiel and they at least checked in him and had Garth check in on him while they were away.
Flag
Every scene with Castiel (i always liked him but not a big fan) in this and the previous episode is heartbreaking.
Ever since he became a human the only thing he experienced is pain, fear, abandonment and betrayal, and the look of surrender in his eyes breaks my heart every time.

I understand that the writers wanted to get to this point in Cas storyline, and i'm not complaining it's a great point, but they should of found another plot device other than Dean being a dick. Was the part of making fun of his job necessary, it made me really angry, it's not like he was offering an alternative solution to his problem.
Flag
Welp, this episode managed to accomplish one thing - it made me despise Dean. Congrats writers, you ruined him forever. Where do I even start? Kicking Cas out without giving him any money or helping him find a place to stay? Belittling Cas' job, and making fun at his clothes? Acting like a complete and total jerk?

Seriously, I'm absolutely disgusted by Dean and the way he treated Cas. Especially after his whole "we are family" speech. You don't treat family this way, Dean. Wake up! You are the biggest hypocrite on planet Earth!
Flag
Um, I'm pretty sure most families mock and make fun of each other sometimes. I've given my brother all manner of crap about his job and clothes, plenty of times. It doesn't express a lack of caring. Hell, it's not like Dean doesn't do the same to Sam and others now and again. Push comes to shove, though, he would be there and still die for Cas, same as he always would have.
Flag
There's a difference between mocking someone and kicking them when they are down. Cas was desperate, Dean saw his desperation yet he did nothing to help him deal, instead he made fun of his choices and continued to bully Cas throughout the entire episode.

and no, you don't kick out your "family" when they need you the most.

Cas has lost everything - his angel status, his dignity, his will to live. Yet Dean chose to ignore all of that and did absolutely nothing to help.
Flag
For some reason I cannot reply to your later comment, but at the risk of stepping into the same poodoo as JayAtkinson...

1. "Your love for Dean is blinding. as you clearly can not face the truth."

- as is your love for Cas. So I'd say we're even.

2. He chose Sam/Zeke over Cas.

- Saving Sam is not a 'choice' for Dean. It's the GIVEN for him. AFTER he does the best he can possibly for his brother, he checks if he has options. THAT is the show's mythology and that's what Dean's been about for 9 seasons now. He CHOSE TO DIE to save Sam as far back as in S2. He's THAT committed to this issue. It's actually one of the best features of his character. Cas is simply not as important to him as Sam. He's not apologetic about it. That's a bitter pill people who think Dean's gonna endanger SAM to save someone else, ANYONE else, is gonna have to swallow.

In fact, if Dean actually by some freak of fanfic-level writing CHOSE CAS which caused Sam to instantly die, that'd just be mental (not because the show would end, but because it's not something the character of Dean, as established, would ever do).

Maybe he gave some cash to Cas before he left, maybe he didn't. It's not important, it's way, way too micro-level to include on the show. It's like, did Cas have a sandwich before he left? If yes, was it with milk or coffee? Did he leave the same minute, or after a few hours? Did he get to Idaho by bus or train or hitchhiking? If by bus, did Dean give him pocket money, or did he do some odd jobs along the way? How did he interview for the job at the gas station? Why did he select THAT gas station? See, all this is not critical to anyone except heavy-duty Cas fans, who at this point really need their own show which tracks Cas round the clock and prioritises his story. And I say this without malice or sarcasm. If they made the SPN spin-off about Cas - somewhere else, away from the SPN story, it might be a success like the Originals which gave a popular secondary character proper focus and hit gold. SPN's point was to show Dean making the ethically tough decision of telling a vulnerable Cas to move out to save Sam, to underline that he'd ALWAYS choose Sam, and it hammered that in with painful finesse.

PS if you're saying YOU'd choose your buddy over your beloved little brother - NO MATTER what's going on, that's just forum talk. I have dear friends who are like family to me, and I have a younger brother. There's no question what'd be my choice if put in an either/or situation of brother or BFF.
More +
Flag
Okay, Dean apologist #3. You are right.
Flag
I don't agree that Cas has lost his will to live, or even his dignity. He's committed to staying alive, has fought for it multiple times so far, is fending for himself, and takes pride in doing his job well - that's all very mature of him. Just because he's working at a gas station store does not make his work undignified. He didn't beg for help or whine about his situation, and that's dignity. He's a victim of a situation HE HIMSELF perpetuated by trusting Metatron (though he intended well, as usual), and he's man enough to take responsibility for it even without his angel powers. I really don't get all this pitying Castiel; he'd be pitiful if he was being a wuss about this crises, but he's actually dealing admirably. And in fact, he was even looking forward to his date with the girl. I found all of it quite positive.

Second, Dean didn't 'kick' Cas out. Zeke didn't give him a choice in the matter. It was either Sam dying, or Cas lying low for a while. Even in the last ep of S8, Dean had left Sam in the middle of that weirdo experiment with Crowley to help Cas with the angel quest, etc. so it's not like Dean doesn't try to do the right thing for Cas if he has even a little choice. Even this time when Cas called about the case, he was surprised at how brusque Cas was, and said something like, 'a hello would be nice' or whatever - clearly they parted on friendly enough grounds for him to expect 'normal' conversation from Cas.

I think it's unfair for everyone - who's followed the show from the start - to be so POed at one off-colour joke on Cas' job by Dean when everyone's more than aware of the fun he constantly makes of Sam's nerdiness and stuff, that's how he is with people he loves - awkwardly emotional, which he covers by saying something stupid. There's ribbing, and there's malicious, and this wasn't malicious. That literal, all the gruff, rude stuff Bobby said to the boys would've meant crushing their souls. Going by characteristics, when Dean asked Cas to leave the Batcave, he'd have asked something like, 'are you gonna be okay?' And Cas must've said, 'yeah, I can manage', and Dean just took it at face value and let him go. Cas is not a kid like Kevin that the Winchesters have to babysit.

I'm actually happy that SPN is showing Cas to be independent, competent and maturing rather than Dean's clueless ward who must be mollycoddled at all times.
More +
Flag
I don't disagree but I do think they would have done Dean's character a wonder by SHOWING that exchange at the time instead of glossing over it.
Flag
We are watching 2 entirely different shows.

"Second, Dean didn't 'kick' Cas out. Zeke didn't give him a choice in the matter." -- > lmao

He had a choice. People always have a choice. He chose to dispose of Cas much like an unneeded garbage. He chose Sam/Zeke over Cas.

"Cas is not a kid like Kevin that the Winchesters have to babysit."

Disagree. Kevin is far more capable of taking care of himself than human Cas is.

"Going by characteristics, when Dean asked Cas to leave the Batcave, he'd have asked something like, 'are you gonna be okay?' And Cas must've said, 'yeah, I can manage', "

this clearly never happened. stop reading fanfiction or replaying imaginary scenes in your head.

your entire comment is full of contradiction and things that never happened.

Cas is trying to find a purpose in life/in living. Dean did absolutely nothing to help him or lift his spirits but mock/bully and humiliate Cas throughout the entire episode.

Your love for Dean is blinding. as you clearly can not face the truth.
More +
Flag
I don't know Cas seemed fairly happy with what he was doing and even had a sense of pride (it kind of reminds me of back in the 90's when a new writer on the Wonder Woman title had her working at a Taco Bell kind of place and everyone thought it was undignified and beneath her and she didn't see it, she saw it as helping people and fulfilling a need with honor, same thing). I don't think anything Dean said really hurt Cas he was too at peace with his new life for that.
Flag
gamrgrl007, I know that Dean has and always will put Sam first, even beyond himself (I've said as much and we've all seen it over and over again). Still, as I said it would've been nice if the blow had been softened a bit with some kind of help. Then again how much help is right. A few bucks is only get him a motel room for a few days (or weeks) at most and then what? What is the tipping point? Not sure what amount of help would be right here since Cas would eventually have to stand on his own two feet unless Dean just kept sending him money on a regular basis and that would create a trail for someone to follow from Cas to them so it would defeat purpose of sending Cas away to begin with (the stated purpose anyway).
Flag
Answering here, since well, there's no way to answer the actual comment:

'I don't disagree but I do think they would have done Dean's character a wonder by SHOWING that exchange at the time instead of glossing over it.'

Looking at the backlash, even I think so, since a lot of people seem to want to know what exactly was the final exchange. For me, the situation ended with Dean's CHOICE, which was the big point being made. I'm not a devout Cas fan (he's okay but he's not my reason for tuning in) so I admit I didn't think about his technicalities till I read all these complaints.

Anyway, I also doubt anything Dean could've done for Cas would've been enough for those who want a different level of allegiance b/w Dean & Cas. Dean's band-aids would never be sufficient. This is not an issue of pocket money and stuff, but BETRAYAL at an emotional level (in their opinion). I've accepted that Dean will always choose Sam, as he has done since he chose to die in lieu of Sam in S2, so it doesn't feel shocking or even uncharacteristic.
More +
Flag
Well yeah gamrgrl007, the only way Dean's comments could possibly hurt him is if Cas was ashamed or disliked what he was doing which he doesn't.
Flag
YES. And Dean wasn't TRYING to hurt Cas either. I think everyone is taking that job joke far too seriously and reading too much into it. It was just an awkward comment, not an OMGLookAtYouLowlyEmployee! gasp from Dean.
Flag
Do we know he got no help? Obviously he had some sort of fake ID to get a job at that place, and the Brothers are big on identity theft and/or fake IDs. So I'd image Dean gave him one of their old Rock-Star-name IDs.

Meanwhile, see my post higher up... Dean is stuck between a rock and a hard-place. Keep Cass and Same dies immediately and the Bat Cave gets destroyed in weeks. Leave Cass alone and Same lives, and Sam + Dean + Zeke + Prophet can find a way out of this mess.
Flag
as for you, "Dean apologist #2", please see my above comment.

Dean didn't know Cas' cover name. So, no, he didn't give him a "sort of fake ID". Dean did absolutely nothing to help Cas and he treated him like garbage. ^
Flag
Haha, this coming from the guy who, in the face of my logical and detailed argument, could only say 'blah, blah, excuses for dean, blah, blah----sans any actual grammar of course. The same guy who has to resort to gifs now, because the extent of his brain-function expired after his first post and he still hasn't regained enough to produce a solid, actually sensible counter . *slow sarcastic clap* Hilarious!
Flag
Whinge whinge, cry cry with over-sympathy for imagined slights. I Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not wrong. I am as far from wrong as can be, given it is an opinion. Opinions can't be wrong. Except yours of course, which is based on fiction and imaginings, rather than facts. The review also states that it was Sam's blood Crowley was injecting when it was clearly - and could only be - Kevin's, so I'd hardly take that as solid truth, moron! It is all assumption.....and, as the saying goes, assumptions have made you an ass!
Flag
Haha, this coming from the guy who, in the face of my logical and detailed argument, could only say 'blah, blah, excuses for dean, blah, blah----sans any actual grammar of course. The same guy who has to resort to gifs now, because the extent of his brain-function expired after his first post and he still hasn't regained enough to produce a solid, actually sensible counter . *slow sarcastic clap* Hilarious!
Flag
lol. ^

you can't prove me wrong so you are calling me a "moron". nice comeback.
Flag
Yeah, you're right. He did nothing to help. He absolutely did not drop everything at the first word from Cas--including watching over Sam/keeping Zeke in check---to look in on the case, checking in on Cas despite saying he wasn't going to, and then helped save his life at the end! Not to mention show pride and offer advice. Yes, you are absolutely right, how dare we offer a different opinion to your own. I doubt very much Dean sent Cas away with nothing, given the fact he said when he fell he had nothing. No mention of what he has or hasn't got now. Plus, he clearly held no ill-will towards Dean.
As far as his will to live goes. He openly said he wants to live--and has been fighting to stay alive this whole time. He has struggled, yes, but his will to live is thoroughly intact and has been all along. As far as his dignity goes, I don't see how he has lost it. Yes, he is working a menial, lowly job, but he doesn't see it that way and still clearly feels a sense of pride in his accomplishments so far. Even cleaning toilets. Granted, Dean mocked it a little. But it would be amusing, a powerful angel resorting to this and not realising how beneath him it is. But, after all that, he expressed pride in Cas for his current adaptation and such. Hardly kicking him whilst he was down.
More +
Flag
Whinge whinge, cry cry with over-sympathy for imagined slights. I Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not wrong. I am as far from wrong as can be, given it is an opinion. Opinions can't be wrong. Except yours of course, which is based on fiction and imaginings, rather than facts. The review also states that it was Sam's blood Crowley was injecting when it was clearly - and could only be - Kevin's, so I'd hardly take that as solid truth, moron! It is all assumption.....and, as the saying goes, assumptions have made you an ass!
Flag
blah, blah. more excuses for Dean. blah, blah.

Seriously, give it up. You are wrong. Even the review mentions that Dean threw out Cas without any money, clothes, or a shelter. Stop making excuses, please.
Flag
It made me crack up seeing Cas sing lullabies to a baby. It also was interesting seeing Crowley working with Team Free Will even though he was kinda forced too. I can see him being an unlikely member of TFW in the near future...
Flag
I liked the episode. Didn't love it.

1) Sam letting Crowley make a phone call, even if it was to Dominos is part one of the stupid train he rides on every season, the train that Sam is convinced is a good idea until humanity is at risk train. So not happy that he is still drinking that Sammy juice.

2) I liked seeing Cas having to deal with the urbane things that come with being human. And really thought it was a nice point that he admitted that being a hunter in training was scarier than he thought now that his humanity has sunk in.
3) His boss lady not letting him know he was there to babysit wasn't just misleading and more than a little bit of a tease, but bad parenting. Steve may clean up the bathrooms and stock the milk, but she also had evidence he was living in the stockroom and she left him alone with her child?!? A horny mom might let him in for dinner and a shag, a bad mom lets him watch her kid.
4) Nice to see an episode without Zeke saving the day, but if the last few seasons are any indication, that will be few and far between from now on,
5) not for a second do I believe the spell was irreversible. Crowley is a liar looking for an ounce to bargain with, and since for now it seems he can't bargain his way out of the Batcave it only makes sense that he would read the translation, see a way to reverse the spell, and keep that info for whoever can help him the most... angel or demon...or Abaddon.
5) I saw the comments that said Crowley should be dead already. I think that is short sighted. And not just because Mark Shepard is a talent you don't want to throw away. The demon Crowley was around for millennium. Making deals and cutting corners to make things work while Lucifer was in charge. He never tried to be anything but a middle man, at least not until Lucifer went into the Cage. Then he used his networking skills and personal collection of souls to gain more and more power in what is surely the most cutthroat of enviroments to eventually declare himself king. And he had enough power that until Abaddon came back , after decades away, no one tried to usurp him. So he is a survivor who waited to take a chance... he is the demon version of Cas. Cas didn't think he created existence, he just thought he had enough power, via soul collecting, to make any change he wanted on Earth or in the Heavens and any angel who stood in his way he killed, banished or worse. They are different sides of the same coin.
6) Nice to see Kevin not in the throws of an alcohol/drug induced explained absence. But if they are going to keep sending him off on his non-appearance episodes in that fashion, at least have an episode that he makes an appearance with a hangover that incapacitates him.

More+
Flag
Crowley has only been a demon for a couple hundred years at most. The Winchesters were even in possession of his bones (as unlikely as that was) at one point and threatened to burn ol' Fergus up, which supposedly would have obliterated him from all existence. In the end they gave him his remains because...stupid. It immediately came back to bite them in the ass. Though he's a relative young'un, I appreciate Crowley's ladder climbing tenacity and I doubt Abbaddon is going to last long in the SPN-verse if they continue to write her as stupidly as they did upon her grand return.

If they insist on keeping Crowley then I want him to be a villain and not an occasional sassy ally. Getting him out of the Batcave and back to being demonic would do much for my annoyance with the current tedious storyline.
Flag
Abaddon's a chick on SPN, she's not long for this world...I give her till the finale, then she's toast!
Flag
As long as she doesn't flirt with either either Sam or Dean and there's no sexual tension between her and them she will be fine. Fangirls only hate female characters who get get too close to 'their boys'.
Flag
Un-freakin'-believable that Dean really did throw Cas out in the cold with nothing!!! That kind or ruined all the otherwise-cute and funny moments with Cas and made them just seem unbearably sad instead. :( Even with Zeke's ultimatum, I don't think there's a good excuse for putting Cas through all this. "Tough love" is one thing, but you wouldn't expect it to work on somebody with the emotional IQ of a child (which we know from previous seasons is how Dean views Cas.) Meanwhile, Dean's just fibbing all over the place, even where it isn't clear that he absolutely has to. Zeke is out of earshot-- this would have been a good time to at least let Cas know the reason for his dismissal from the bunker, if not to further demoralize him by sharing Sam's news from Crowley.

For his part, I think Crowley is probably just hoping enough human blood will transform him to the point where he can slip the Devil's Trap and escape, but he doesn't want Sam's blood, because he'd rather not accidentally finish the trial Sam started that would close Hell for good. I expect he's also probably omitting something important from the translation, if not lying about it altogether.
More+
Flag
Proper way Castiel should have reacted to seeing Dean:

Flag
Oh yeah that would have worked really well right in the middle of the store in front of customers and the delivery guy. :)
Flag
I miss those days...
Flag
-Aww Cas is now Steve, no Clarence. =/
-Don't know what Dean expected of Cas, the way he did him. Even if Cas was being super understanding he still has the right to be upset with Dean. And I guess we now know Dean didn't tell Cas about Zeke. Nor did he leave him with anything to get himself set up and literally kicked him out on the streets with no where to go. He could have sent him Garths way, or at least let Garth check in on him. Sam's not even aware of the whole situation but sees Dean as not caring enough for Cas.
-His co worker sucked. Even if that baby was super adorable. Cas deserves a date. But Cas singing with the baby, was better than that date could have ever turned out.
-Thoughts on Crowley? He knows he can't over throw Abaddon and does still have Sams blood in him and sees this as way out over death or forever being a demon chained up by Sam and Dean.
Flag
I would've loved to see Cas interacting with Garth. That would've been comedy gold! Also, I miss Garth... :(
Flag
garth is scheduled to return this season
Flag
im mad at cas' coworker friend girl. that heifa know good and doggone well she shuda told him what she wanted him over for!! how you gone invite a guy over but not tell him the reason is because you have a date and need him to babysit??!! of course he's gonna think its a date or a hookup. FOUL! triflin heifa......how she gone do that mess to my poor sweet Cas?

like i said on my comment on the cast photo's, i think the Purification process worked on Crowley. I think rite now he's playin at still bein bad. i think he's a lot more good now than he wants to admit.
Flag
Everything with Cas made me sad. Sam trusting a demon without getting a second opinion is stupid.. Honestly, why would Crowley tell the truth, they gave him the phone call in advance, so he has no incentive to keep his end of the bargin..
Flag
Kinda disappointed. Sam-Ezekiel storyline is dragged too long. Dean doesn't seem like he cares for Cas. Cas doesn't feel angry and look so sad throughout the episode. Not really interested in Ephraim. Don't know why when ppl explode you get pink powder. Castiel singing lullaby seems weird and unnecessary. The only thing interesting enuf for me is the blood Crowley's injecting himself. No idea where the writers are heading with this.
Flag
My thoughts are this. Either Crowley enjoyed the humanity and wants to be human, or (and I like this thought better) the more human he becomes the more likely that the devil's traps won't work on him so he could get out and then begin to get back to being evil again.
Flag
This episode was poorly thought out. I got the two things they were trying to get across: Dean is a liar and Cas is sad. Oh, and Crowley may be still suffering from Purification-its, so stay tuned.

But...apparently Dean DID kick Cas out without explanation AND without monetary provisions (dude is homeless, can't afford a motel room). This is just too much carelessness for me to believe in the bond of their friendship (this is just an add-on to other seasons' worth of nonsense). And no, it can't be later fixed by a half-assed speech by Dean swearing that, "Cas, you're family!" with a well placed man tear. Worse, Dean doesn't impart the useful info that the Angel-GTFO spell is irreversible, so Cas can choose accordingly what to do with himself or in regards to his siblings. Cas is all set to go off half-cocked, AGAIN, with much needed info hidden from him, so he can fail, AGAIN. Ugh. Why are the Winchesters always worse than any of their enemies at effing themselves and the ones they care about up?

I like Crowley. I love Mark Sheppard. That being said. Crowley should be dead. If the Winchesters don't have several spells and hoodoo soups they need him to be the key ingredient in to save the day, then I don't see the point in keeping him as a constant liability in their midst. They should not be consulting him...it's just so very stupid. Write the Winchesters some fucking friends already or quit being lazy and just have them have to research more than 10 minutes before declaring they gotta make a pact with the devil-they-know. Uh, linguists aren't that rare.

I don't have anything bad to say about Cas' boss ladyfriend and storyline. It actually came off as a not so horrifying meet cute story. I did raise my eyebrow at her running off on a date with the apparent fatherless newborn at home. Cool your bits lady. I think they conveyed that she was a woman that has chosen poor partners in the past and is just cottoning on that Cas is a good guy.

Ephraim was a genuinely scary. I hate that he got taken out due to Evil Monologuing. He could have been interesting what with his complusion to end suffering.

More+
Flag
Agree on so many levels.
I like Crowley, but agree he should have been killed off a while ago or at least dethroned as the King of Hell. I love the actor/character but them keeping him around just so it can blow up in their face later sucks. And I really do wish they had more friends and we saw them, I'm not asking for huge other storylines like in True Blood cause we saw how that turns out. But c'mon. It was great when Samuel came back and Sam and Dean had like a mini entourage.
And this left me feeling even worse about how Dean treated Cas the last time we saw him. He just expects Cas to jump on board and never gives any explanation or consideration. I as happy that Cas got a little upset and told Dean off a little on how hard he's had it since falling.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members