Supernatural

Everybody Hates Hitler

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 06, 2013 on The CW

• Am I in the wrong season?

This is another good episode from Supernatural, but it bugs me a little bit. I was assuming that last week's episode with Grandpa Winchester and the Men of Letters would be a self contained episode, but apparently it's begun a whole new story arc. But season 8 has been up till last week more personal, with no major end of the world plans or all-powerful Big Bads. Crowley is the established Big Bad of the Season, with Naomi possibly being a secondary nemesis and Benny being essentially the wild card. The Men of Letters arc seems really unnecessary to this season. I'm not saying it's bad; but it should be explored in it's own season rather than sharing the spotlight with the Gates of Hell storyline and Benny. Season 6 was a mess because they crammed to much into one season, and storylines and characters with such potential (namely Eve) got dropped almost immediately.

And now the Batcave... I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it looks AWESOME, but on the other hand a massive headquarters containing a library of resources seems so... un-Supernatural. Sam and Dean are nomads. Season 1 had them in a different hotel every episode. Season 2 gave them a headquarters with the Roadhouse, complete with sassy bar owner and cute daughter, but it proved to be unpopular and got burned down. The show's "headquarters" basically became Bobby's Junkyard, and really it was perfect. It was a normal, slightly messy house. Nothing fancy, but was the go-to place when the characters needed rest or information. And THAT got burned down! With a Batcave, Supernatural seems to be crossing the line into Power Rangers territory. All they need now is a giant robot with a Power Sword.