Supernatural

Fallen Idols

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 08, 2009 on The CW

• A back to the basics episode.Some spoilers.

Well the episode got a 9 for the ending scene. The car key exchange between brothers was perhaps the first true and honest step toward forgivnes on Dean's part, and also his acceptance of the fact that he was indeed to overbearing did a world of good for Sam. The action was well played, reminded me a lot of the first season when things were more laid back, but since it is Supernatural and it was a "light" episode I expect a disaster of epic proportions to strike the next time we see the boys.
    What I didn't like in this episode was the whole beheading, seemed like a lot of blood got on Sam's face, well it was unnecessarily gory. And I have to admit I kinda expected Dean to freak a bit about all that, but I guess tonight was a one chick flick moment episode. Paris Hilton as a God...well, I just don't think she was all that suited for the part, then again she did have a good point with the whole - you used to worship gods and ancient religion and now you worship US weekly.
    Not much else to say, except I did enjoy seeing the sheriff, he had a sort of innocence that lately has been lacking when new characters appear, they are all sort of jaded already.
    The episode was good, unfortunately it will have to stand comparison with last weeks episode, The End was remarkable so, there is hardly any contest. Next week we shall see what else can happen to our favorite supernatural hunters.