Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

5 things colt can't kill

pkbynight

[1]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 3

just wondering on the show The devil said the colt can not kill 5 things, so since the devil is an angel, thats 1 what are the other 4 things?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 27
    My guess:
    (1) Archangels
    (2) God
    (3) Reapers (only Death's syth can kill them as far as we know).
    (4) and (5) dunno, Barney and Big Bird

LydiaWilliams

[3]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 1

the archangels, god, reapers, and the horsemen-gun didnt wk on them

basenji529

[4]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 15

Scythe. Unless you meant Sith or Sidhe (fairy).

I'd say the last two will be revealed this season, or they'll be secret fours.

libra113

[5]Jul 27, 2010
    LydiaWilliams wrote:

the archangels, god, reapers, and the horsemen-gun didnt wk on them

Did they even try? I don't remember that part?

Sektos

[6]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 10

I'd agree that Archangels prob are on the list considering that Lucifer survived it and Micheal is meant to be near his power level.

Also god, and other deities like those in Hammer of God who were higher level than those seen B4 with Hilton, Scarecrow and Xmas.

Reapers im not so sure as your typical Reaper doesnt seem exceptionally tough. I think its more a case of them not having a physical presence for them to shoot.

Now Death i'd definitely say is invulnerable to the gun, but the other horsemen were pizz weak and didnt seem particularly powerful. Death is actually little confusing because it would seem he is definitely older than Lucifer and far more powerful than the other "horsemen". Why he even need a ring?

libra113

[7]Aug 8, 2010
    Because he didn't want to be left out of the ring club.

Seriously, given the nature of the Horsemen and the fact that their rings, joined together, form the key to Lucifer's cage I can guess Micheal/God, whoever set it all up and gave them the elements of the key for safe keeping. No one of them could free him alone and Death at least didn't like him so there was little chance he was getting out that way (thus the long plan by Yellow Eyes and the seals). Anyway, in regard to the Reapers we're told repeatly in their appearances that you can't kill death (makes sense who reaps the reapers after all) and I seem to recall something in "Death Takes A Holiday" that Death's sickle was the only way to kill Reapers, therefore it's likely the Colt wouldn't work either.

Sektos

[8]Aug 8, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    Because he didn't want to be left out of the ring club.

Seriously, given the nature of the Horsemen and the fact that their rings, joined together, form the key to Lucifer's cage I can guess Micheal/God, whoever set it all up and gave them the elements of the key for safe keeping. No one of them could free him alone and Death at least didn't like him so there was little chance he was getting out that way (thus the long plan by Yellow Eyes and the seals). Anyway, in regard to the Reapers we're told repeatly in their appearances that you can't kill death (makes sense who reaps the reapers after all) and I seem to recall something in "Death Takes A Holiday" that Death's sickle was the only way to kill Reapers, therefore it's likely the Colt wouldn't work either.

Good point, though i dont think horsemen could free Lucy because of the seals. Rather the rings could be used to just make the door appear (Trickster said that gate still open) and lock behind them. I doubt god or mike would give the rings to bad guys (atleast 3 of them) or that they would allow them to perform evil with them.

libra113

[9]Aug 8, 2010
    Thing is Death isn't evil per se and whatever major actions they might do requires all four rings. Further, while the other three horseman enjoy their work I'm not sure they REALLY evil themselves just sort of along for the ride and, unlike Death, enjoying it.

It's possible the rings are a secondary system other than the seals or maybe they're just a fail safe (in case of Lucifer use rings ). In any case we do know that the rings are a keya and that the horseman seem to be the keepers of the key. Maybe, they were stolen but since they seem to be a major part of the horsemen's powers it seems unlikely (unless that's how they became horseman, maybe the rings are passed around like Green Lantern rings and go from person to person giving them immortality and power and Death is the longest surving member).

In any case the rings are vital to their power (or so it seemed with the others, Death didn't seem to care too much).

Sektos

[10]Aug 9, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    Thing is Death isn't evil per se and whatever major actions they might do requires all four rings. Further, while the other three horseman enjoy their work I'm not sure they REALLY evil themselves just sort of along for the ride and, unlike Death, enjoying it.

It's possible the rings are a secondary system other than the seals or maybe they're just a fail safe (in case of Lucifer use rings ). In any case we do know that the rings are a keya and that the horseman seem to be the keepers of the key. Maybe, they were stolen but since they seem to be a major part of the horsemen's powers it seems unlikely (unless that's how they became horseman, maybe the rings are passed around like Green Lantern rings and go from person to person giving them immortality and power and Death is the longest surving member).

In any case the rings are vital to their power (or so it seemed with the others, Death didn't seem to care too much).

Death i'd say isn't evil, but Disease was working on making a virus specifically for Lucy, Famine was being catered to by the Demons and War was having fun screwing with ppl. Death's the only one that doesnt care about hurting ppl (though restraunt would differ) or Satan's plans. I hope he makes a come back "D

And again, the ring for death doesnt make much sense but i do like your idea its also like the Endless from Sandman who in the very unlikely event of "dieing" will be reincarnated into a new body. I see the rings more as just having an effect when together; a chain reaction, ingredients that with right spell can open the Abyss. "Go Captain Planet!" lol

basenji529

[11]Aug 9, 2010

libra113 wrote:

They're a force of nature. Pestilence wouldn't like if genetically engineered plagues were enslaving him. Nor would Famine like overpopulation that much. And I doubt War really likes that people in the Middle East fight over real estate. (That Messianic Jews*, Christian Zionists, neocons, and other self-described "pro-Semites" are just egging Israel on doesn't help matters. Nor does the fact that non-Palestinians who support Palestine don't really care about Palestine; the other Arab states just want to distract from internal issues.)

*Really Christians who simply practice Jewish law. The Bible specifically says they don't have to, but they feel they do.

So in a way, all the horsemen are slaves. Only Death realizes it, because only Death always has been and always will be one: Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act (History always leads to the same disasters. Kill Hitler someone else takes his place. Kill Steiner, Blavatsky, Gobineau, Galton, or other forerunners of Nazi ideology, someone else takes their place. Stop the Reichstag fire, the Nazis burn down the Reichstag some other time. Stop the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, something else sets off World War I OR some other disaster causes the inflation of the German economy OR some other crisis leads Germans to throw in their lot with the Nazis. Stop Christianity and therefore antisemitism,and the Jews contribute to history in some other major way, leading to antisemitism.Kill Abraham, succeeding where the Nazis failed in killing literally every Jew in the universe, and the Nazis will just target another ethnic group.)irrelevant, Death is the only one that everyone understands is inevitable. Advances in agriculture and medicine can keep Famine and Pestilence at bay, and War is pure free will.

libra113

[12]Aug 9, 2010
    Sektos wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Death i'd say isn't evil, but Disease was working on making a virus specifically for Lucy, Famine was being catered to by the Demons and War was having fun screwing with ppl. Death's the only one that doesnt care about hurting ppl (though restraunt would differ) or Satan's plans. I hope he makes a come back "D

And again, the ring for death doesnt make much sense but i do like your idea its also like the Endless from Sandman who in the very unlikely event of "dieing" will be reincarnated into a new body. I see the rings more as just having an effect when together; a chain reaction, ingredients that with right spell can open the Abyss. "Go Captain Planet!" lol
    Well, yeah but Death said he was under Lucifer's control and the others may have been as well. The only diffrence then would be that Lucifer was giving them something in return (Pestilance had the chance to do what he loved and Famine was having his bottomless hunger fed), it's possible they had no real choice but where getting something out it so they didn't care as much as Death did. Also, they all use their rings when using their power and seem to vanish and become inactive without them so they're at least a channel of their power if not the source itself. Like I said it could be part of their 'office' and they get passed along from one incarnation to the next and thus is the seat of the power living them only a small fraction of their powers without them.

Probably won't ever REALLY know but it IS pretty telling that the source/conduit of their power is also one fourth of the key to Lucifer's cage, very telling indeed.

ryanmck

[13]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 9

I gotta guess

1) Angels

2) The Horsemen

3) Reapers

4) God

5) Superman

libra113

[14]Aug 14, 2010
    ryanmck wrote:

I gotta guess

1) Angels

2) The Horsemen

3) Reapers

4) God

5) Superman

There's no Krytonite in it so your probably right. Otherwise Lex Luthour would have gotten his mits on it by now.

Sektos

[15]Aug 15, 2010

AHHHH But Superman is weak to magic, so it would work! LOL

chikanoman

[16]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 12
    Jack Bauer.

libra113

[17]Aug 15, 2010
    Agreed on both points.

Saiyans91

[18]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 8

chikanoman wrote:
    Jack Bauer.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

libra113

[19]Aug 16, 2010
    Jack never dies, he just fakes his death and goes into hiding.

basenji529

[20]Aug 17, 2010

Chuck Norris!

Kyle Katarn!