Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

5 things colt can't kill

  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [41]Apr 9, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Well, from the first descriptions given by Cas he was kept locked away except for major events like Pompeii.

    I guess he's just not required otherwise as the Reapers handle the day to day death and he only shows up for the major scale stuff.

    Still, we've had a lot of large scale death on Earth even in recent years so I guess it's a little unclear what that was all about.

    Another intresting bit is: Alistair described him as a friend (or something like that) and had his sickle and yet when Death shows up he's anything but and doesn't seem the type to give the demons his sickle willingly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [42]Apr 11, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    Bobby also called Death the Angel of Death in Abandon All Hope.

    Maybe when Death was locked and chained in his magical coffin or whatever it was he lefted his sickle on earth and the Demon's happend to find it first.

    We know Death is more powerful then Archangel's, Angel's and Demon's so the question is who locked him away and why. Maybe God?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [43]Apr 11, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Well, given what Death said about reaping HIM one day God may have locked him away becasue he was afraid of his power. I doubt a rank and file Reaper could pull off reaping God himself.

    Perhaps, Death was the ORIGINAL death figure but God ordered him lock away and put the Reapers in place to fill the role but be no threat to Him. Of course if that was true then they have been releasing him for major events AND they must have been controlling him like Lucifer was (perhaps the way he knew how to control him) AND he was working willingly with the Reapers. If I had to guess I would call it a conditional release meaning he was under control of an archangel the whole time and HAD to work with the Reapers (which he would do to maintain order and becasue he had no choice), probably because major jobs are too much for them.

    Of course now he's out without any controls and can do whatever he wants. As for Death's weapon, Alistair said it was given to him by a friend or something but he could have been lying or inentionally warping facts for some reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [44]Apr 11, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    Ya its tough to say how Alistair got Death's weapon it could have been any number of thing's. Although i don't see him giving it to a demon. Unless maybe one of Death's brother's had it and give it to Alistair or another demon. Maybe Death pissed God off somehow and God locked him up. That seem's to be God thing, locking people away that tick him off. Then he could have created that spell that binds Death to Archangel's so he could be called up when needed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [45]Apr 11, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya its tough to say how Alistair got Death's weapon it could have been any number of thing's. Although i don't see him giving it to a demon. Unless maybe one of Death's brother's had it and give it to Alistair or another demon. Maybe Death pissed God off somehow and God locked him up. That seem's to be God thing, locking people away that tick him off. Then he could have created that spell that binds Death to Archangel's so he could be called up when needed.
    Yep, that was pretty much what I was saying.

    Come to think of it Alaistair never said Death gave him the weapon. As I recall he hinted it was a horseman and we all assumed, since it was Death's weapon, that HE was the one but it COULD have been one of the others.

    Of course what I REALLY wanna know is just what ARE the Horsemen and how did they come to be? Death said he's as old or older than God so he didn't create Death (and not likely the others either), they're supposed to be part of the end times so they have a role.

    The Concepts of their natures (death, war, pestilance and famine) pre-exsist Christianity so I can only guess they do as well and just were co-oped into the Christian order when it rose to power. Guess they were allowed to throw in with the new order rather than fade away becasue they weren't actually gods and thus weren't competition to the new group in town.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [46]Apr 13, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    That's why i think maybe Alistair got Death's weapon from one of the other Horsemen. It seem's like the other Horsemen didn't have a problem with working with or for Lucifer.

    I don't have a idea what the Horsemen are. It seem's Death is the oldest and most powerful of them. He was the only one unfazed by having has ring off. It probly didnt have a affect on him because he's been present since the beginning of time itself, and being one of the only constants in the Universe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [47]Apr 13, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Yeah seems like the other Horsemen have more of their power invested into their rings than Death does.

    Wonder if maybe the others aren't original and are simply entities using the original rings to fill the roles and thus the diffrences in attitude and all that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [48]Apr 14, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    It's hard to say if they are the original's or not. I kinda thought that they were all immortal beings. I guess it would depend on when the other three came into creation on why their attitude for Lucifer differ's from Death.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [49]Apr 14, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    gatoraderising wrote:
    It's hard to say if they are the original's or not. I kinda thought that they were all immortal beings. I guess it would depend on when the other three came into creation on why their attitude for Lucifer differ's from Death.
    Well, I guess it could be like "The Sandman" comcis (which are one of the inspirations for this show) and each Horseman is as old as mankind's concept of them.

    That would mean Death is older (and probably wiser and more 'above it all), which might explain his power and attitude.

    The others are likly younger (if even by only a little) and thus are less powerful and less mature and in the thick of things.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [50]Apr 15, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    I think Death is way older then the other three horsemen. We know Death has been around since the beginning of time. I kinda think the other three horsemen didnt come to be till there was at least human life on Earth.

    Is it me or does Death kinda work for God. Think about it Death and his reaper's kill and take human soul's to either Heaven or Hell. Death and the reaper's don't get a say on where the soul's go, God does.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [51]Apr 15, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Well, yeah humans would have to exsist (unless we're bringing aliens into this and let's not becasue it just makes thing too complicated) so they could conceive the idea of war... experiance pestilance and experiance famine.

    As for working for God you COULD also say he works to Lucifer as he takes people to Hell. Death is often considered neutrual and just guides souls where they're supposed to go and no more.

    Still in "Supernatural" he seems a bit more than that as he only directly invovles himself in major death events and lets the lesser Reapers deal with the day to day stuff.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [52]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    libra113 wrote:
    That would mean Death is older (and probably wiser and more 'above it all), which might explain his power and attitude.


    I'd say


    Death (obviously)


    Famine (a big problem for early humans)


    War (you'd think would date to agriculture like Pestilence, but...the Aluutiq were quite warlike)


    Pestilence (associated with high populations which are in turn associated with agriculture; in fact, some diseases, like STDs, could only result after animal domestication)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [53]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Probably so, one of the earlist reasons for warfare proper would be starvation and the need to encroach on the hunting grounds/crops of others and of course the more diffrent regions interact the greater the spread of illeness. I would agree with that timeline to be sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [54]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    Oh, one more thing the Colt can't kill: Fate. They had to use a special method to kill Atropos.


    (Of course, the past is Clotho's domain.)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [55]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    libra113 wrote:
    Well, yeah humans would have to exsist (unless we're bringing aliens into this and let's not becasue it just makes thing too complicated) so they could conceive the idea of war... experiance pestilance and experiance famine.

    As for working for God you COULD also say he works to Lucifer as he takes people to Hell. Death is often considered neutrual and just guides souls where they're supposed to go and no more.

    Still in "Supernatural" he seems a bit more than that as he only directly invovles himself in major death events and lets the lesser Reapers deal with the day to day stuff.


    Ya but Hell isn't really Lucifer's place so to speak. He's just trapped there. It's God who say's if the soul's go to Heaven or Hell, Lucifer doesnt have a say in the matter. Unless you count his demon's making deal's(which is small %).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [56]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    basenji529 wrote:

    Oh, one more thing the Colt can't kill: Fate. They had to use a special method to kill Atropos.


    (Of course, the past is Clotho's domain.)

    Well, that alone doesn't mean it can't kill her. All creatures have some special means to kill them (vampires it's beheading, for example) but, as we saw, vampires can be killed by the Colt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [57]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Well, yeah humans would have to exsist (unless we're bringing aliens into this and let's not becasue it just makes thing too complicated) so they could conceive the idea of war... experiance pestilance and experiance famine.

    As for working for God you COULD also say he works to Lucifer as he takes people to Hell. Death is often considered neutrual and just guides souls where they're supposed to go and no more.

    Still in "Supernatural" he seems a bit more than that as he only directly invovles himself in major death events and lets the lesser Reapers deal with the day to day stuff.


    Ya but Hell isn't really Lucifer's place so to speak. He's just trapped there. It's God who say's if the soul's go to Heaven or Hell, Lucifer doesnt have a say in the matter. Unless you count his demon's making deal's(which is small %).
    Well, King of Hell then I was talking the classic interpitation really .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [58]Apr 18, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:


    Oh, one more thing the Colt can't kill: Fate. They had to use a special method to kill Atropos.


    (Of course, the past is Clotho's domain.)


    Well, that alone doesn't mean it can't kill her. All creatures have some special means to kill them (vampires it's beheading, for example) but, as we saw, vampires can be killed by the Colt.


    Then they could've used the Colt. Well, Castiel could've, because I doubt Sam and Dean could've. What with her ability to freeze time. (Which I thought would be Lachesis.)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [59]Apr 19, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    I've lost track of where the Colt even is at this point.

    Still, just becasue they didn't attempt to use it doesn't mean it wouldn't work they just did't think of it. Could be, after Lucifer, they're less willing to just trust it without some kind of proof it works.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [60]Apr 21, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    Ya I've lost track of where the Colt is too. I think the last time they used it or we've seen it, it was when they used it on Lucifer.

    I don't know if they could ever really have proof if the Colt will work on certain thing's(not counting normal things they have faced before). Cas and Crowley thought the Colt would work on Lucifer and we know how that worked out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.