Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

5 things colt can't kill

libra113

[61]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 27
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya I've lost track of where the Colt is too. I think the last time they used it or we've seen it, it was when they used it on Lucifer.

I don't know if they could ever really have proof if the Colt will work on certain thing's(not counting normal things they have faced before). Cas and Crowley thought the Colt would work on Lucifer and we know how that worked out.
    Well, it's likely that Sam and Dean have lost faith in the Colt. I mean they were told it could kill anything then suddenly, when they needed it most, it fails them and they find out there are exceptions.

I could see them (and hey Cas too for that matter) saving it for cases where there's no clear other options and in the case of Faith Cas and Balthazar apprently had another option so they went with the sure thing rather than the one that COULD go either way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gatoraderising

[62]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya I've lost track of where the Colt is too. I think the last time they used it or we've seen it, it was when they used it on Lucifer.

I don't know if they could ever really have proof if the Colt will work on certain thing's(not counting normal things they have faced before). Cas and Crowley thought the Colt would work on Lucifer and we know how that worked out.
    Well, it's likely that Sam and Dean have lost faith in the Colt. I mean they were told it could kill anything then suddenly, when they needed it most, it fails them and they find out there are exceptions.

I could see them (and hey Cas too for that matter) saving it for cases where there's no clear other options and in the case of Faith Cas and Balthazar apprently had another option so they went with the sure thing rather than the one that COULD go either way.

I would think that after the whole deal with Lucifer they would have lost faith in the gun too. They could be saving it like you said.

I never thought Cas would use the gun on Fate, to me it seem's like Fate and her sister are below the Angel's but above Cupid's on the Angel scale. I don't think Cas would have given a sec thought of killing her if she didn't point out she had two sister that would come after Sam and Dean and Cas couldn't alway's keep them safe from them.

libra113

[63]Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah, even putting the thing with Lucifer aside, I see the Colt as a weapon of last resort.

I mean IF you have a vampire or something that you KNOW how to kill why waste the Colt on it, why not save it for something you have no idea how to kill?

tvtome_xena321

[64]Apr 23, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, even putting the thing with Lucifer aside, I see the Colt as a weapon of last resort.

I mean IF you have a vampire or something that you KNOW how to kill why waste the Colt on it, why not save it for something you have no idea how to kill?

Yeah thats true, it should be used as a last resort. I still lost track on where it is now, I assume they still have it, but it hasn't been used since Ellen/Jo died on Lucifier.

libra113

[65]Apr 23, 2011
    Yeah, unless they dropped it in the feild and no one picked it up then they should still have it somewhere.

JamesMckenna0

[66]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 3

IM THINKING THE COLT WAS MADE TO KILL EVIL SO I DONT THINK IT WILL BE ABLE KILL ANYTHING GOOD PURE I,E ARC ANGELS . ANGELS GOD IF YOU REMEMBER IN THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 4 THE KNIFE WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE THE SAME AFFECT AS THE COLT DOES ?DID,NT DO ANYTHING TO CAS WHEN DEAN STUCK IT IN HIS CHEST ...........[ THE LEGEND GOES BACK IN 1835 WHEN HALI,S COMET WAS OVERHEAD THE SAME NIGHT ALL THOSE MEN DIED AT THE ELAMO THEY SAT SAMUEL COLT MADE A GUN A SPECIAL GUN HE MADE IT 4 A HUNTER A HUNTER LIKE DEAN AND SAM ONLY ON HORSE BACK STORYS GOES HE MADE 13 BULLETS THE HUNTER USED THE GUN 6 TIMES B4 HE DISSAPPEARED WITH THE GUN AND SOME HOW ELLKINS GOT HIS HANDS............... THEN WHEN LUCY GETS SHOOT WITH COLT HE SAYS THERS ONLY FIVE THINGS IN ALL CREATION THAT THE COLT CANT KILL AND HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THEM ON IT SO ANGELS,, ARC ANGELS,,, GOD,,,, DEATH AND HIS BROTHERS THE HORSEMAN...... and eve AKA THE MOTHER OF ALL

God of Islam, Allah

RachelleMcAdams

[67]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 11
    JamesMckenna0 wrote:

IM THINKING THE COLT WAS MADE TO KILL EVIL SO I DONT THINK IT WILL BE ABLE KILL ANYTHING GOOD PURE I,E ARC ANGELS . ANGELS GOD IF YOU REMEMBER IN THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 4 THE KNIFE WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE THE SAME AFFECT AS THE COLT DOES ?DID,NT DO ANYTHING TO CAS WHEN DEAN STUCK IT IN HIS CHEST ...........[ THE LEGEND GOES BACK IN 1835 WHEN HALI,S COMET WAS OVERHEAD THE SAME NIGHT ALL THOSE MEN DIED AT THE ELAMO THEY SAT SAMUEL COLT MADE A GUN A SPECIAL GUN HE MADE IT 4 A HUNTER A HUNTER LIKE DEAN AND SAM ONLY ON HORSE BACK STORYS GOES HE MADE 13 BULLETS THE HUNTER USED THE GUN 6 TIMES B4 HE DISSAPPEARED WITH THE GUN AND SOME HOW ELLKINS GOT HIS HANDS............... THEN WHEN LUCY GETS SHOOT WITH COLT HE SAYS THERS ONLY FIVE THINGS IN ALL CREATION THAT THE COLT CANT KILL AND HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THEM ON IT SO ANGELS,, ARC ANGELS,,, GOD,,,, DEATH AND HIS BROTHERS THE HORSEMAN...... and eve AKA THE MOTHER OF ALL

God of Islam, Allah

Well,Lucifer is evil because he is the Devil archangel or not and The colt is a human made God so of course it's can't kill Heaven greatest weapons

libra113

[68]Apr 23, 2011
    Yeah if Lucifer doesn't count as evil then I can't imagine much else that would.

I've always said the five things are classess of things and not indiviguals so I THINK it would be:

1. Gods (including God and sufficently powerful detites, lesser detities whoes power is waning would be a case by case thing)
    2. Angels/Archangels
    3. The Horsemen (a class by themselves apprently)
    4. Reapers (possibly since the only thing we've seen capable of killing them before is Death's Weapon and, again, they are a class by themselves)
    5. Unknown (this one is open and COULD be Eve, whatever she turns out to be, or she could also be unique and a class unto herself as well)

smegmag

[69]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 4

I loved the Frontierland episode overall and loved the character of Colt--he was kinda a 19th century version of Bobby if he didn't have looking after S&D to keep him in the game. A little disappointed that the episode didn't delve into any of the backstory of the Colt. As to Cas worrying about Fate killing Sam & Dean--why was he so concerned when he can raise the dead? He raised Bobby. Could it have something to do with the souls and the civil war? Maybe now if they died, Raph's side would swope down on their souls before Cas could rescue them. I really am just reaching, because I cant fathom why the threat of killing S&D would resonate so strongly with Cas? As to the whereabouts of the Colt the boys should still have it, butwonder how they're fixed for bullets?

lachlan_j_g

[70]Apr 24, 2011
    libra113 wrote:

lol who's Faith? didn't you see someone else make this same mistake in another topic? lol

dman_dustin

[71]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 8

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

Oh, one more thing the Colt can't kill: Fate. They had to use a special method to kill Atropos.

(Of course, the past is Clotho's domain.)

Well, that alone doesn't mean it can't kill her. All creatures have some special means to kill them (vampires it's beheading, for example) but, as we saw, vampires can be killed by the Colt.

As you've said, there are other ways to kill a creature, the colt being on of them. But I think it's also possible that some creatures while they can be killed by the colt, can be immune to it as well.

Take a normal gun, and a normal human. In order to kill the human, you have to hit the sweet spot. But if you don't hit them in the sweet spot nor even hit them, they'll survive.

So I think it's possible some beings can be immune to the colt but it largely depends on the circumstances. Of course my whole argument is for naught if the colt can kill something intangible.

But anyway assuming the colt needs some sort of solid mass for it to work to hit the sweet spot, then its possible there may be more than just 5 things that can't be killed by the colt (well of course this immunity is sort of a semi immunity, I mean the colt would still kill them, they just would need to be hit just right and under the proper circumstances).

Of course I wonder if Lucifer said that in jest or maybe he only knows five things the gun can't kill, maybe there's actually more. And the catergorization of what can't be killed could be even more broad. Maybe ethereal beings can't be killed by the coltfor example.

libra113

[72]Apr 24, 2011
    smegmag wrote:

I loved the Frontierland episode overall and loved the character of Colt--he was kinda a 19th century version of Bobby if he didn't have looking after S&D to keep him in the game. A little disappointed that the episode didn't delve into any of the backstory of the Colt. As to Cas worrying about Fate killing Sam & Dean--why was he so concerned when he can raise the dead? He raised Bobby. Could it have something to do with the souls and the civil war? Maybe now if they died, Raph's side would swope down on their souls before Cas could rescue them. I really am just reaching, because I cant fathom why the threat of killing S&D would resonate so strongly with Cas? As to the whereabouts of the Colt the boys should still have it, butwonder how they're fixed for bullets?

Well, he may not have the power to spare to bring them back and it's not like he would have to do it once, I doubt Fate would give up after one attempt. Likely she would keep killing them over and over again until Cas just didn't have the juice to bring them back. It's also possible that Cas isn't in as control of Heaven as he would make it seem and wouldn't have access to the part of Heaven they would go and wouldn't be able to reach their souls anyway.

libra113

[73]Apr 24, 2011
    lachlan_j_g wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lol who's Faith? didn't you see someone else make this same mistake in another topic? lol
    Yeah, guess it's a suggestion thing.

libra113

[74]Apr 24, 2011
    dman_dustin wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

Oh, one more thing the Colt can't kill: Fate. They had to use a special method to kill Atropos.

(Of course, the past is Clotho's domain.)

Well, that alone doesn't mean it can't kill her. All creatures have some special means to kill them (vampires it's beheading, for example) but, as we saw, vampires can be killed by the Colt.

As you've said, there are other ways to kill a creature, the colt being on of them. But I think it's also possible that some creatures while they can be killed by the colt, can be immune to it as well.

Take a normal gun, and a normal human. In order to kill the human, you have to hit the sweet spot. But if you don't hit them in the sweet spot nor even hit them, they'll survive.

So I think it's possible some beings can be immune to the colt but it largely depends on the circumstances. Of course my whole argument is for naught if the colt can kill something intangible.

But anyway assuming the colt needs some sort of solid mass for it to work to hit the sweet spot, then its possible there may be more than just 5 things that can't be killed by the colt (well of course this immunity is sort of a semi immunity, I mean the colt would still kill them, they just would need to be hit just right and under the proper circumstances).

Of course I wonder if Lucifer said that in jest or maybe he only knows five things the gun can't kill, maybe there's actually more. And the catergorization of what can't be killed could be even more broad. Maybe ethereal beings can't be killed by the coltfor example.

Well, it's always been a case that the shooter has to hit the target in a weak spot (heart, through the head, etc...) to kill it. That's why it didn't kill Yellow Eyes or John when he got shot in the leg, the wound wasn't fatal.

Also, when they tried to kill Yellow Eyes with the Colt in "Salvation" he was able to transport out and it passed through his fading form (at least I think that's how it happened) so yeah the target has to be corporal for the Colt to work.

gatoraderising

[75]Apr 25, 2011
    libra113 wrote:

Plus if they used the Colt all the time the show would get pretty boring.

I can't remember do the brother's or Bobby know how to make special bullet's for the Colt know.

smegmag

[76]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 4
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

I can't remember do the brother's or Bobby know how to make special bullet's for the Colt know.

Far as I remember, Ruby (KC)fixed the Colt and presumably provided them with the special bullets, which is why I wondered in my earlier post how they were fixed for bullets. I just can't see that demon b sharing that sort of info--give a fool a fish--sure if it fits the plan, but teach a fool to fish--never. Without the bullets its just a brick. Why, oh why couldn't Sam have rummaged around in that box and fished up some bullets.

And yeah caught the Elkins reference right off when the sheriff said he'd know how to find Colt--obviously a friend--guy like Colt wouldnt have many--so who else would he leave his prized possessions and secrets to?

libra113

[77]Apr 25, 2011
    smegmag wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Far as I remember, Ruby (KC)fixed the Colt and presumably provided them with the special bullets, which is why I wondered in my earlier post how they were fixed for bullets. I just can't see that demon b sharing that sort of info--give a fool a fish--sure if it fits the plan, but teach a fool to fish--never. Without the bullets its just a brick. Why, oh why couldn't Sam have rummaged around in that box and fished up some bullets.

And yeah caught the Elkins reference right off when the sheriff said he'd know how to find Colt--obviously a friend--guy like Colt wouldnt have many--so who else would he leave his prized possessions and secrets to?
    Well, sometimes they say she fixed the old Colt and sometimes they say she built a new one (or rebuilt the old one). In any case I would guess she made 13 bullets like before since they don't seemed worried about the amount but I doubt they know how to make more.

If Sam took bullets from the past they wouldn't have had them in season one or beyond so it wouldn't be wise.

As I understand it, by now, all the unaccounted for bullets have been accounted for and were used by Dean in '73 and now in the old west.

gatoraderising

[78]Apr 26, 2011
    Didn't Crowley give the Brother's some bullet's before they went to go try to kill Lucifer with it.

lachlan_j_g

[79]Apr 26, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    Didn't Crowley give the Brother's some bullet's before they went to go try to kill Lucifer with it.

he certainly did - they used 1 on Lucifer in that episode, then 2 in the final episode of the season.

libra113

[80]Apr 27, 2011
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:

he certainly did - they used 1 on Lucifer in that episode, then 2 in the final episode of the season.

Yeah but likely thoes would be the ones that Ruby included when she made the gun.

In lack of hard information I can only guess, from what we DO know, that she made 13 new bullets (assuming the ritual or process requires that 13 bullets be made) so the ones Crowley included would have been them as well.

Of course they never say anything about the bullets or their number, nor do they seem to be tracking their useage so it's hard to nail down.