Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

6th season should have never been made

libra113

[181]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 27
    Well, I get the impression that the area that Bobby lives in is very small (everyone seemed to know each other pretty well, like in a small town) so if the people invovled all agreed to keep their mouths shut that would probably be about it for that. I also couldn't see the people invovled WANTING to talk about having to rekill their deal loved ones, probably they would want to try and pretend it never happened.

As for the episodes at hand, yeah a dragon would be a VERY hard sell and a humanoid dragon isn't a common concept to US audiences so that probably wouldn't work either. I remember the Supernatural novel "Nevermore" making refrence to John fighting a small dragon in New York years ago and everyone hated the very idea so I'm not sure what they have in mind here. Just have to trust them and see what happens.

In regards to the everyone forgetting thing, I didn't really mean it that literally but one of the things that always bugged me about "Buffy" and espacially "Angel" (not the mention shows like them) is when you have physically obvious monsters running around a modern world and no one seems to work out that there's something weird going on.

There's only so many times people can see demons and assume they're some guy in a costume for some reason or that vamps are people on PCP or whatever before it gets silly and a big dragon flying around in the open is going to be hard to rationalize and I don't want them to just leave it hanging.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

basenji529

[182]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 15

dpebbleson wrote:
    Ah, the trickery spider god! There's one in 'Anansi's Boys' by Neil Gaiman, namely Anansi is a spider trickster.

Spiders are a common trickster animal.

dpebbleson wrote:
    I've read the story from the link just now, it's wonderful. I like how it treats the theme of power, as at one point I thought it might have been wiser to let the monster be alive. Also, I think one of morals is that you fight not for personal gain, but for glory devoid of it. What is also interesting is how in fairy-tales, protagonists usually become princes and rulers, but this one concludes with two brothers giving up on that power (not before they got the women, though). And I found it peculiar that number four was so important, as I'm used to numbers three (which appears nonetheless I think), seven and nine being the most common magical numbers. Do you have some insight on this? Some significance of number four in Lakota mythology? It's very interesting to me, as I almost never encountered it in a fairy/folk tale or myth. Yeah, mythologies are very weird stuff. At the same time universal and culture-specific. Could you, please, point out where I could read those Eldritch abomination vs. Eldritch abomination stories? I'm mightily interested.

Well, there's the story of Wakinyan vs. Unktehi. Wakinyan is a Lakota god of lightning. He's typically portrayed as a bird, and as a hermaphrodite. He has no eyes, but his eyes shoot out lightning. No feet, but his talons can rip people apart. No mouth, but a razor-sharp beak. Associated with cleansing. We drum because the drumsounds like thunder, which scares evil spirits away.

Unktehi, by contrast, is another water monster. Unktehi, Unkcegila, Iya, and Gnas (a creature that cannot control its own instincts, and is present during a menarche ceremony) are all the children of Unk (water). Unk was the sister of Maká (earth). Unk slept with Inyan (rock) to produce Iya, and then she slept with Iya to produce the other monsters.

Anyway, the Unktehi were annoyed by people. So they decided to flood the world to kill all the people. The Wakinyan decided this was an evil act, and theyact accordingly, declaring war on the Unktehi. Only people on Bear Butte survive. In the meantime, the Wakinyan concentrate their power on the Unktehi and destroy them. We all know what happens to you if you're in water during a thunderstorm, right?

You can still see Unktehi's bones in the Badlands. Even the name Badlands (maká sica) comes from that.

god71

[184]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 2
    yoo are erik Krispy

basenji529

[185]Jan 5, 2011

god71 wrote:
    yoo are erik Krispy

Eh? I've never been accused of being a creator of a franchise before. But you're fun. If I am Erik Krispy [sic], I am definitely going to include your kind (that is, trickster trolls) in a future episode.

I have no doubt Gabriel did it all for the lulz.

gizem_aksoy

[186]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 2

the season finale is about to come, still don't like the 6th season. after i saw the episode "my heart will go on", i said "wtf? the titanic, really ?!" so i think it is a waste of time. i watch the show just for my respect to the other seasons.

basenji529

[187]Apr 23, 2011
    gizem_aksoy wrote:

the season finale is about to come, still don't like the 6th season. after i saw the episode "my heart will go on", i said "wtf? the titanic, really ?!" so i think it is a waste of time. i watch the show just for my respect to the other seasons.

Okay, I'm officially changing my vote for Worst. Episode. Ever. to "My Heart Will Go On".

dpebbleson

[188]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 23
    basenji529 wrote:
    gizem_aksoy wrote:

Okay, I'm officially changing my vote for Worst. Episode. Ever. to "My Heart Will Go On".

I'm no fan of that episode either.

But about the question of the thread: the sixth series should have been made if only for the gem that is 'Frontierland'.

tvtome_xena321

[189]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 27
    basenji529 wrote:
    gizem_aksoy wrote:

wow I actually loved the episode tbh, and its no way the worst episode ever, theres at least 3 other episodes in season 6 worse than that. But each to there own.