Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Are you in favor in of a season 7 and 8?

Are you in favor in of a season 7 and 8?

MaryBrucci

[21]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 1

I 'am in favor of Supernatural to keep going past 10 seasons

awsome show hope it never ends, love Sammy & Dean.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 27
    yutg25 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    yutg25 wrote:

Yeah I get this feeling/ instinct that Death accidentally left the cage door open. Though I don't really believe he'd make that kind of mistake; but maybe just maybe the brothers (Mike and Lucy) kept the cage door open long enough to push a few bits out. Either that or Raph gets the upperhand on Cas long enough to send a squad of feathers to break their boss loose.

BTW why haven't those two killed each other yet. They were all for it on earth why not just go for a cage match in there and no collateral damage.

Okay so it's apprently not JUST Adam then? Funny becasue I thought for sure they said they were done with the whole Lucifer/Micheal thing. Maybe if they're left in there compleatly alone they would kill each other. Remember though Lucifer didn't REALLY want to fight he wanted Micheal to join him, it was Micheal that was hot to do the fight thing becasue he beleaved his victory was assured and his cause was just. From Lucifer's point of view there wouldn't be any point but Micheal might push the issue or he might want to hold off and have the fight on Earth becasue that's what he was told was SUPPOSED to happen.

I didn't know that. Regardless, I'm just saying Adam might come out with Archangel level powers in a psychotic mind trying to reorder the angels.

I don't see how that would happen unless he's still possessed by Micheal in which case it's not really Adam. Alternatively guess the time in the cage COULD cause some weird bonding or mixing or something.

Still, Sam had Lucifer inside him at the time and that didn't happen to him so it would have to be some really weird confluence of one in a billion events.

But then again who knows what the cage could do?

RachelleMcAdams

[23]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 11

Season 6 has been decent and interesting well through out so far but what it's lacking is consistency and limit of storylines In the first half of the season we had Crowley search for purgatory and the alpha monsters, angel war, Lisa and Ben mystery of the campbells, and Sam souless storyline and they were all wrapped up badly execept for Sam souless storyline In this second half we have Mother of all who is played by a bland actress, and we have the suspense of Sams wall and the final wrap up of Lisa and Ben storyline, angel war in heaven, and the exploration of purgatory I understand they are trying to keep things interesting andsuspensefulbut half of those storylines i have no interest in and how are they going to all wrap up in the final? When Kripke was the showrunner he had a limit of storylines and made sure to endthe old storylines welllike Ruby agenda, apopclyse, pyshic kids, YED, Sam demon blood problem, so while it wasn't perfect then it was great and I can imagine if there is season 7 and 8 there might not be organized storylines that play out well

Edited on 02/11/2011 8:40pm

libra113

[24]Feb 11, 2011
    First, I would like to point out (again) that all of these storys aren't a bunch of diffrent and unconnected things. They're all parts of the larger puzzle and eventually the peices will all fall into place. Purgatory and the Mother of all Mosters are the main spine of the story and the rest verges off from that. It's one big picture.

Second, I'm so tired already of people bashing the actress who is playing the Mother of all Monsters. She was on in the last few seconds of an episode and hardly said or did anything. How can anyone possibly judge her skill (much less what's to come for her character) so early on.

If we judged all the characters on a short first appearance the show probably wouldn't have gotten past the first half of the first season.

shadowclone7290

[25]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 10

BarryWeen3 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Just take it one season at a time. Raven? The character from the Teen/New Titians?

Yes, it's Raven from the Titans.

And Clue is great.

"Let us in! Let us in!" "Let us out! Let us out!"

"To make a long story short...." "Too late!!"

Mr. Green: "I'm a plant."

Mrs. Peacock: "Don't they usually call you guys fruit?"

Mr. Green: "Very funny."

That sounds awesome i think Raven was the character on teen titans with the best powers/story... when is this show supposed to come out on tv?

dpebbleson

[26]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:

Second, I'm so tired already of people bashing the actress who is playing the Mother of all Monsters. She was on in the last few seconds of an episode and hardly said or did anything. How can anyone possibly judge her skill (much less what's to come for her character) so early on.

Yes, but compare 15 seconds of Lilith with 15 seconds of Mother of All. Lilith girl was sooo much creepier, and it had to do with both the skill of the actress and the whole episode supposedly ending on a good note, than being reversed by her in the very last seconds.

I agree with Rachelle that there are so many story-lines. I think writers suck at depicting state of things in Heaven, they always did, and probably always will. There has always been this talk of how in Heaven this is done, that is done, there was (largely unseen) war between Heaven and Hell, now largely unseen war between Raphael and Castiel, then largely unseen Castiel's quest for God, which began by him saying he is gonna search for God, and ended by him being disappointed without mid results.

Angels are a great addition to the show, but the writers are really clumsy about Heaven.

I also hope it's all part of a big puzzle, and not just producing mysteries for keeping it mysterious, and not for resolving them.

ShirenAsaad

[27]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 1

i really want supernatural to continue on season 7 or 8

BarryWeen3

[28]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 14

shadowclone7290 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Just take it one season at a time. Raven? The character from the Teen/New Titians?

Yes, it's Raven from the Titans.

And Clue is great.

"Let us in! Let us in!" "Let us out! Let us out!"

"To make a long story short...." "Too late!!"

Mr. Green: "I'm a plant."

Mrs. Peacock: "Don't they usually call you guys fruit?"

Mr. Green: "Very funny."

That sounds awesome i think Raven was the character on teen titans with the best powers/story... when is this show supposed to come out on tv?

Raven is just in the development stage right now.

libra113

[29]Feb 12, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Yes, but compare 15 seconds of Lilith with 15 seconds of Mother of All. Lilith girl was sooo much creepier, and it had to do with both the skill of the actress and the whole episode supposedly ending on a good note, than being reversed by her in the very last seconds.

I agree with Rachelle that there are so many story-lines. I think writers suck at depicting state of things in Heaven, they always did, and probably always will. There has always been this talk of how in Heaven this is done, that is done, there was (largely unseen) war between Heaven and Hell, now largely unseen war between Raphael and Castiel, then largely unseen Castiel's quest for God, which began by him saying he is gonna search for God, and ended by him being disappointed without mid results.

Angels are a great addition to the show, but the writers are really clumsy about Heaven.

I also hope it's all part of a big puzzle, and not just producing mysteries for keeping it mysterious, and not for resolving them.
    Well, you're compairing apples to organges. You can't expect every character introduction to work in EXACTLY the same way. Frankly, the only thing that made Lilith's introduction intresting was that it was unexpected for her to turn up a child and to show up where and when she did. It was unexpected that she would just destory the whole place with a thought. The little girl wasn't anything special in and of herself no better or worse than any of the other little girls they had before or since. The build up was all in the viewer's head. As for the Mother of All Monsters it's a whole other thing and just wait and see what's coming before condeming the whole thing.

As for Heaven and all that, they're restricted by time and budget so it's always going to be this largely unseen, far off, place. They learned during season three (I think it was) that they couldn't afford to show an all out war so they scaled it down and anyway the show has always been through Sam and Dean's eyes (which is they they rarely show things that happen in other places where they're not around) so they would have to be in the thick of the war themselves to show it and that is just an issue. It would be nice if it were otherwise but that's the nature of the beast.

As for this season and all the storylines going on, they must be elements of the same story, it's the only thing that makes sense. I seem to remember a time when the writers had unquestioning trust and now they can't do anything without being questioned and over examined. What's going on here? I can only attribute it to the long standing anti-season six attitude. I have no doubt that if these same stories where done before (or if there hadn't been a bias to start with) no one would be saying anything like they are now. Too bad becasue it's a really solid season and I hate seeing it marred with all the bad feeling.

dpebbleson

[30]Feb 12, 2011
    Nope, I am not comparing apples to oranges, because I don't want Mother of All to be like Lilith. I'd want her to have introduction that would parallel the awesomeness of Lilith's first appearance, which you have noted. I didn't say it had to be a little girl not being anything special, I wasn't even saying they should have made a Lilith-like twist.

I just think that throwing a model-turned-actress into a pit, then that model-actress flies back from the pit, and says 'We have work to do', which is, like, the greatest cliche ever for villains and people with bad intentions. I dunno, maybe if she said 'Finally I am free' or 'Finally, the time has come, my children', it would have been a greater cliche. Every villain so far was introduced much, much better, from silent Azazel in S1, to creepy Lilith in S3, then to weird, weird Lucifer in S5 appearing as a female. And then they do a complete cliche with the next Big Bad.

I must disagree about Heaven. I must say that if they don't have money to show it, they best not make a story-arc of it.

And once again, I've not been negative about this season, as Rachelle mentioned in another thread, you wanted Ben and Lisa killed, even though they are some part of the story as well. You find them redundant, well I find redundant any story about Heaven that never really shows or has some significance in the story of Sam and Dean.

kepa55

[31]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 8

I would've liked the show to end at the end of last season, but if they can pull S6 off, why not S7 and possibly one more. Although I think the show hasn't been quite the same ever since sometime between S3 and 4. I still like it, but it just doesn't feel as good as the first two/three seasons.

libra113

[32]Feb 12, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Nope, I am not comparing apples to oranges, because I don't want Mother of All to be like Lilith. I'd want her to have introduction that would parallel the awesomeness of Lilith's first appearance, which you have noted. I didn't say it had to be a little girl not being anything special, I wasn't even saying they should have made a Lilith-like twist.

I just think that throwing a model-turned-actress into a pit, then that model-actress flies back from the pit, and says 'We have work to do', which is, like, the greatest cliche ever for villains and people with bad intentions. I dunno, maybe if she said 'Finally I am free' or 'Finally, the time has come, my children', it would have been a greater cliche. Every villain so far was introduced much, much better, from silent Azazel in S1, to creepy Lilith in S3, then to weird, weird Lucifer in S5 appearing as a female. And then they do a complete cliche with the next Big Bad.

I must disagree about Heaven. I must say that if they don't have money to show it, they best not make a story-arc of it.

And once again, I've not been negative about this season, as Rachelle mentioned in another thread, you wanted Ben and Lisa killed, even though they are some part of the story as well. You find them redundant, well I find redundant any story about Heaven that never really shows or has some significance in the story of Sam and Dean.
    and I suppose it would have been better if she flew up and asked for a breath mint, or something else. Given the nature of the scene I'm not sure exactly what you would have wanted. How would you have done that scene?

Heaven has been been and important part of the story since Dean was brought back by the angels and Hell has been part of the story even longer and we've seen even less of Hell than Heaven. You wanna cut it out too?

Other than sending Sam and Dean back to Heaven like in "Dark Side Of The Moon" I don't see what they could do. It's not like they have the air time or the money to show the REAL form of Cas up in Heaven firing Heavenly energy at the real form of Raph, or tons of angels fighting back and forth. This isn't "Legion" after all.

Well I don't know if they're part of the story as much as were sort of left over from the ending of last season. Dean went to them because he thought Sam was gone forever and he needed to rebuild his life. Once Sam came back and he wanted to get back into his old life he was held there becasue it's not in character for Dean to cut out on responsabilities no matter how difficult or unwanted so he was stuck and the writers were stuck as well.

Maybe there's more to it than that. Maybe they will show up again at some point and make a major contrabution to the storyline, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

dpebbleson

[33]Feb 12, 2011
    Lmao, Mother of All asking for a breath mint would paradoxically kick ass That would be something fans would remember, it would be very memorable scene. Yeah, of course I'm joking, but actually her doing that would be so much cooler. This discussion has been too long for a passing remark about a model-turned-actress who did somewhat lousy job.

I wouldn't cut out Heaven, I just wouldn't put too much of it if I couldn't handle it with budget or all the intertwining story lines. I wouldn't have put Castiel's search for God and then shown nothing of that search. Why bring the whole issue if you're gonna bring it up in three episodes, in total six minutes of time?

When Uriel was made antagonist they had all those angel-killings, blueprints of the wings and whatnot, so there were some records of what was happening. Of Heaven vs. Hell, and Castiel vs. Raphael we've so far seen nothing. So it's not that I'd cut out those parts, it's more that the writers cut them out so there's a huge emptiness in that regard, other than Castiel always looking tired.

Despite them, Supernatural is working fine. It would be working fine if they didn't mention all those wars we never see, Dean and Sam never see, nor are the effects of the Apocalypse ever felt anywhere.

I heard Ben and Lisa would return in some episode.

ssfan12

[34]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 2

i have to say no. too much of a good thing isnt good. i dont really understand the mindset of people who think like this. give me season 10-11 of supernatural, as long as i get to see sam dean and cas. give me saw 10, paranormal activity 5, the simpsons season 50. people actually want some of these. regardless of how awesome something is, there just comes a time when something has to end. love it, enjoy it, and let it go with some dignity. NOTHING can retain its high quality forever.

a good staff/writters/actors/producers should say, we had a great run, we have great fans, but maybe we should pull the plug on the show before it gets boring or the quality really drops. but many dont think that way, instead they say, hey we have a popular tv show/movie, lets ride this wave as long as we possibly can, as long as we have a fanatical fanbase we can run this into the ground and move on to something else. im not going to argue about the quality of season 6, because i stopped watching it, i have still kept up on it through reviews and summaries. regardless of whether someone likes it or not, i think most objective people would say the quality has dropped in some amount.

its like this for supernatural. the show is very formulaic. all the seasons so far have had good interesting season long arcs, including 6 from the sound of it. so if there was a 7 and 8 and more, i wouldnt doubt that they could come up with a good season arc. but the show depends on filler/monsters of the week as the bulk of the episodes, it always has. its like the season long arc is the skeleton, monsters of the week have to be the meat that fleshes out the season. after 6 seasons i really dont think they have the ideas and creativity to keep that part of the show fresh and interesting.

regardless of me wanting supernatural to go out on a high note, SN will be offered a 7 and 8 and probably more as long as SN can stay above the 2.0 mark, which they are doing barely right now. they're damn lucky to be on cw where 2.0 is considered pretty good.

zekans337

[35]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 5

Completely for both season 7 and 8 - The show despite some doom and gloomers is still running really strong (people will always complain waaaa it should have ended here waaaaa I'm an awesome show critic and critics always say it sucks!)

I loved the latest episode - especially the end where we see a glimpse of Sam in hell

BarryWeen3

[36]Feb 12, 2011

dpebbleson wrote:
    Lmao, Mother of All asking for a breath mint would paradoxically kick ass That would be something fans would remember, it would be very memorable scene. Yeah, of course I'm joking, but actually her doing that would be so much cooler. This discussion has been too long for a passing remark about a model-turned-actress who did somewhat lousy job. I wouldn't cut out Heaven, I just wouldn't put too much of it if I couldn't handle it with budget or all the intertwining story lines. I wouldn't have put Castiel's search for God and then shown nothing of that search. Why bring the whole issue if you're gonna bring it up in three episodes, in total six minutes of time? When Uriel was made antagonist they had all those angel-killings, blueprints of the wings and whatnot, so there were some records of what was happening. Of Heaven vs. Hell, and Castiel vs. Raphael we've so far seen nothing. So it's not that I'd cut out those parts, it's more that the writers cut them out so there's a huge emptiness in that regard, other than Castiel always looking tired. Despite them, Supernatural is working fine. It would be working fine if they didn't mention all those wars we never see, Dean and Sam never see, nor are the effects of the Apocalypse ever felt anywhere. I heard Ben and Lisa would return in some episode.

In regards to Ben and Lisa and the Angel War and the Campbells:

***SPOILER***

libra113

[37]Feb 12, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Lmao, Mother of All asking for a breath mint would paradoxically kick ass That would be something fans would remember, it would be very memorable scene. Yeah, of course I'm joking, but actually her doing that would be so much cooler. This discussion has been too long for a passing remark about a model-turned-actress who did somewhat lousy job.

I wouldn't cut out Heaven, I just wouldn't put too much of it if I couldn't handle it with budget or all the intertwining story lines. I wouldn't have put Castiel's search for God and then shown nothing of that search. Why bring the whole issue if you're gonna bring it up in three episodes, in total six minutes of time?

When Uriel was made antagonist they had all those angel-killings, blueprints of the wings and whatnot, so there were some records of what was happening. Of Heaven vs. Hell, and Castiel vs. Raphael we've so far seen nothing. So it's not that I'd cut out those parts, it's more that the writers cut them out so there's a huge emptiness in that regard, other than Castiel always looking tired.

Despite them, Supernatural is working fine. It would be working fine if they didn't mention all those wars we never see, Dean and Sam never see, nor are the effects of the Apocalypse ever felt anywhere.

I heard Ben and Lisa would return in some episode.
    Well, as I understand it they were alreayd committed to the Heaven/Hell war and all that before they fully realized they bit off more than they could chew so they were sort of making the best of a bad situation. Also, I think it was around that that time the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars sort of took the wind out of the sails of shows filming in Canada to get more bang for their buck so that didn't help either.

I mean they got their budget out and out slashed THEN the dollar stopped going as far as it did at about the same time.

Also, I suspect that some of that stuff they have Cas doing off screen is to explain why he's not around more and why he can't just hang around Sam and Dean all the time.

I would have loved to see Cas' search for God but I'm not sure what that would have looked like or what they would have filmed and of course we can discount the Sam and Dean must be on screen at all times crowd who probably would have hated it.

Still, kinda hoping (after Bobby got a whole episode to himself) that Cas would get one to before it's too late.

BarryWeen3

[38]Feb 12, 2011

libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Lmao, Mother of All asking for a breath mint would paradoxically kick ass That would be something fans would remember, it would be very memorable scene. Yeah, of course I'm joking, but actually her doing that would be so much cooler. This discussion has been too long for a passing remark about a model-turned-actress who did somewhat lousy job. I wouldn't cut out Heaven, I just wouldn't put too much of it if I couldn't handle it with budget or all the intertwining story lines. I wouldn't have put Castiel's search for God and then shown nothing of that search. Why bring the whole issue if you're gonna bring it up in three episodes, in total six minutes of time? When Uriel was made antagonist they had all those angel-killings, blueprints of the wings and whatnot, so there were some records of what was happening. Of Heaven vs. Hell, and Castiel vs. Raphael we've so far seen nothing. So it's not that I'd cut out those parts, it's more that the writers cut them out so there's a huge emptiness in that regard, other than Castiel always looking tired. Despite them, Supernatural is working fine. It would be working fine if they didn't mention all those wars we never see, Dean and Sam never see, nor are the effects of the Apocalypse ever felt anywhere. I heard Ben and Lisa would return in some episode.
    Well, as I understand it they were alreayd committed to the Heaven/Hell war and all that before they fully realized they bit off more than they could chew so they were sort of making the best of a bad situation. Also, I think it was around that that time the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars sort of took the wind out of the sails of shows filming in Canada to get more bang for their buck so that didn't help either. I mean they got their budget out and out slashed THEN the dollar stopped going as far as it did at about the same time. Also, I suspect that some of that stuff they have Cas doing off screen is to explain why he's not around more and why he can't just hang around Sam and Dean all the time. I would have loved to see Cas' search for God but I'm not sure what that would have looked like or what they would have filmed and of course we can discount the Sam and Dean must be on screen at all times crowd who probably would have hated it. Still, kinda hoping (after Bobby got a whole episode to himself) that Cas would get one to before it's too late.

You could sorta of count the one where his vessel went back to his family as a Cas-centered episode, right?

Also just curious, do you think Chuck was God or not? I'm assuming there is a thread dedicated to that debate somewhere in this forum, but I'm not going to bother go looking for it just yet...

libra113

[39]Feb 13, 2011
    Well, that was more a Jimmy centeric episode but I guess that's splitting hairs.

I guess he was, I mean it kinda makes sense and also kinda doesn't. His first appearance he kept saying he was God after all but no one took it seriously.

Sirique

[40]Feb 13, 2011

libra113 wrote:
    Funny how everyone seems to have forgotten about poor Adam. Dean, naturally, chose Sam's soul over Adam, before that he was barely mentioned and since then not at all (although it's only been a short while). I'm guessing either the writers have no clue what to do next (or intend to do nothing and don't want to dwell on it) or they're planning something and are waiting for everyone to stop expecting him to show up so they can suprise us. Be intresting if his time in the cage made him some twisted powerful thing that comes back wanting Sam and Dean dead for leaving him there like that.

Sounds great! It would be a great idea for a season!

Edited on 02/13/2011 11:15am