Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Are you in favor in of a season 7 and 8?

Are you in favor in of a season 7 and 8?

basenji529

[64]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 15

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlexxpmjrh25rbg

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

basenji529

[66]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 15

I don't mind if you don't like the show, as long as you watch enough of it to not like it.

libra113

[69]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 27
    That's all well and good but all the stuff I've read is just random whining or things that the show has done from day one but suddenly somehow it's bad.

They've always borrowed (some say ripped off) other sources. Yet suddenly it's bad. I can garentee you this: If they did these say stories a year or two (or more) ago people would be eating them up with a spoon but now becasue of Kripke and others running their mouths there's nothing season six can do that doesn't get complained about or picked apart.

dpebbleson

[70]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 23
    Everyone's free to like and not to like, of course, and express their opinion here. I agree with sramv9 that this thread is specifically designed for this function.

But there certainly are fans who come to boards and, episode after episode, complain about the show, about every single thing and whatnot. They should be told 'don't like don't watch' thing, but I don't think it's applicable here, since it's 'Like/don't like?' thread

I agree with Libra that fans are complaining even about the things that show used to do - namely reuse stuff. That's standard thing in basically all art, it all leans onto something before it, does homages, references to other works...

I can say I'm not a fan of Season 5. I don't hate it, but I think it's wasted. And I think much of it is anti-climactic (the ending, e.g.) and not the least apocalyptic. But there are certainly gems within it: the season opener, 'Two Minutes to Midnight', 'Abandon All Hope', 'Dark Side of the Moon', 'The End'.

I like Season 6, even though I think they bit more than they could chew. I'm in favour of S7, to do justice to this story-line.

I'm not for S8 from this point of view, but could change opinion, of course.

RachelleMcAdams

[72]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 11
    How could 57 people participated in this poll if this forum is inactive as a ghost town?

dpebbleson

[73]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 23
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    How could 57 people participated in this poll if this forum is inactive as a ghost town?

Haha, good analogy, ghost town

libra113

[74]Mar 9, 2011
    Thank you and yeah maybe this wasn't the right place for me to post that it was just a reaction to all the negitivity in general all over the board from, as far as I can tell, a small but vocal group who just want to nitpick and complain.

Truth is this last episode isn't all that diffrent than say "Nightshifter" except it's a worm and not a skinwalker so what makes one good and the other not? That it IS a little worm? That it's too much like "The Thing" (which I just saw again over the weekend)?

This show has always borrowed from other shows or movies and even from themselves from day one so to suddenly be against it smacks of phoney outrage. Overall I would say this season is on par with the previous seasons and while I would also say "Exile On Main Street" was a bit underwealming the show rebounded pretty quickly after that and perhaps... just perhaps anyone who is having issues with this season should love within themselves and not at the number of seasons invovled.

Maybe it's not so much the age of the show as it that they themselves are just bored with the show, it happens. I've gotten bored with shows for no reason other than I just did and when I did I just packed it in and moved on to something else.

libra113

[76]Mar 10, 2011
    Granted but what gets me are when the current episodes get slammed for doing something the show has done from day one like suddenly it's bad.

I've mentioned the whole borrowing from other shows and movies (and even repeating their own themes or key phrases).

The other one I noticed last night was this whole thing with Eve.

People are compalaing that they didn't tell us everything there is know about Eve in what is basically her first major appearance. What is that about?

We didn't know anything about Yellow Eyes for a long time. We didn't even know he was a demon until the middle of the first season. Didn't know even the bare elements of his plan until the end of the second season. Didn't know the whole thing until season four or five (or his name until season three).

If people had the attitude then they do now they would have been complaining that we didn't learn everything up front.

It's like the people who come on here now don't want mystery or to figure out things as they go. They just want quick and easy explinations and everything tied up in a bow and this show has NEVER done that (nor should it) and the shift is totally with the viewer.

There was a time when the people who worked on the show were proud to say that the average viewer was highly intelligent, worked things out, knew the lore, etc... and now it's like the average viewer wants it all spoon fed in one hour and it's the writer's fault if they don't get it.

I have negativity for it's own sake and I hate lazy viewers who have to have everything explained instantly and are willing to think things through on their own and unfortnately they seem to be a small (but growing) and vocal segment right now and it's just disspointing that people can't just sit back and let the whole story unfold before passing judgment.

It's like deciding you don't like a new song after five notes or a new book from the first paragraph and it's just shortsighted and unfair to everyone.

libra113

[78]Mar 10, 2011
    Chicken and the egg

CheckeredYcats

[79]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 8

I love supernatural, but they need to stop because they are ruining it with season six! They should have stopped last season when they originally planned to. Season six just seems stupid to me. Seasons 1,2 & 3 were awesome, 4 was good, 5 was ok and 6 is bad, the rate they're going season 7 will be horrible. But if they do go for a season 7 I will watch it just because I can't stop when its gone on for this long and I'm curious to see where it goes... but they should have stopped last season.

Maverick152004

[80]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 6
    I completely agree with libra113! Thank you for pointing out that fans just want instant gratification! I like the way Eve is playing out...and the Great Wall of Sam! I hope it goes for a little while! The reason the Yellow Eyes story was so good was because they made us wait so long! Same for the entire apocalypse story. Personally, I thought Bobby's situation with Crowley and Sam's soul was resolved way too early. Both could legitimately have been season long story arcs. Sometimes I think people just want to complain for complaining's sake. Personally, I like season 6. Yes, it has some sucky episodes, but overall, I've thought it's been very enjoyable. Not to mention...Supernatural has always had a bad episode here and there! Its usually not long before the show kicks out something that has everyone buzzing about what's going to happen next.