Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Benny? Any thoughts?

smegmag

[1]Oct 21, 2012
    • level: 4

So does anybody have any thoughts on Dean's new vampire bff? Personally I got a bad feeling, I was wondering did anybody else think that maybe Benny was already on board (Dean's mind and his arm) when Dean somehow let Castiel slip out of his grasp? Of course Dean will bear all the guilt himself--poor angsty boy. The only positive I see is this could be what ultimately brings S&D back together again--after an initial split of course--I can't see Sam letting himself be replaced by a monster/vampire. I kinda just hope the story is wrapped by midseason

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 45

We still don't know exactly what happen to Castiel so I'm not ready to make a judgement. We may have to deal with Dean purposely letting Cas die so I'm waiting to see how this pans out.

Tyrathius

[3]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 4

I like what we've seen of him. I'm glad they chose to make him a gruff, southern guy instead of just another Edward wannabe. His actor has good chemistry with Jensen Ackles and so far what he and Dean did in Purgatory is probably the most interesting plot in season 8.

That said, we really don't know enough about him to pass judgment. We don't know if he's good or bad, what he's up to now that he's out of Purgatory, or what he was like before he was turned and killed. I'm hoping he's sort of an anti-Ruby, an ally of the Winchesters who could be good or evil, but ultimately ends up good. That to me is more interesting than the "You can't trust a demon/monster/non-human" shtick we've been through several times already.

baldheadedbaby1

[4]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 1

I thought I saw Ty Olsson (Benny) playing a vampire on another episode in Season 2. The episode was Blood Lust and the vampire's name was Eli. That's the episode where Sam and Dean first met Gordon. Was he such a good actor that they brought him back as a different character or is there more going on??

libra113

[5]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 27

baldheadedbaby1 wrote:

I thought I saw Ty Olsson (Benny) playing a vampire on another episode in Season 2. The episode was Blood Lust and the vampire's name was Eli. That's the episode where Sam and Dean first met Gordon. Was he such a good actor that they brought him back as a different character or is there more going on??

Probably just that. The guy who played the kid from "Bugs" in season one recently had a small part as an angel.

haldrey

[6]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    After the last episode I like the Benny character a lot, since they are not using Castiel nor Bobby much the should incorporate Benny as regular character.

Yanime

[7]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 1

libra113 wrote:

baldheadedbaby1 wrote:

Probably just that. The guy who played the kid from "Bugs" in season one recently had a small part as an angel.

The same thing happend with the manager of Chuck/publisher of the Supernatural-Books. She had appeared as the lawyer's wife in the Dana Shulps episode (don't remember the name). But I also did wonder, if Benny was the same vampire from that episode you mentioned, and I actually thought that he was. I even tried to remember if Sam ever met him then, because he couldn't seem to remember Benny/his face when they met.

For the actual topic - I'm not sure what to make of Benny yet, and I was a little suprised, that his (seemingly) ultimate goal to get revenge was achieved so quickly in the last episode we saw Benny. I had thought that his maker may be stronger and more struggling, or some sort of ally to the first vampire, so that there was a connection Sam and Dean might need in the future. Maybe Benny is going to be a loyal friend, but I think there is also quite the possibility, that he won't become that sort of character, now, that his revenge did not give him the satisfaction that he seeked, because he had to slay his love with his maker.

Edited on 11/12/2012 7:35pm

libra113

[8]Nov 29, 2012

Yanime wrote:

libra113 wrote:

baldheadedbaby1 wrote:

The same thing happend with the manager of Chuck/publisher of the Supernatural-Books. She had appeared as the lawyer's wife in the Dana Shulps episode (don't remember the name). But I also did wonder, if Benny was the same vampire from that episode you mentioned, and I actually thought that he was. I even tried to remember if Sam ever met him then, because he couldn't seem to remember Benny/his face when they met.

For the actual topic - I'm not sure what to make of Benny yet, and I was a little suprised, that his (seemingly) ultimate goal to get revenge was achieved so quickly in the last episode we saw Benny. I had thought that his maker may be stronger and more struggling, or some sort of ally to the first vampire, so that there was a connection Sam and Dean might need in the future. Maybe Benny is going to be a loyal friend, but I think there is also quite the possibility, that he won't become that sort of character, now, that his revenge did not give him the satisfaction that he seeked, because he had to slay his love with his maker.

Yeah, Sam interacted with him in "Blood Lust" and would haverecognizedhim now if it was the same character. Not to mention the character names are totallydifferent(in "Blood Lust" it wasElior something like that and here it's Benny).

MajLorne

[9]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 21
    So far I like the Benny character. It's nice that they have some non human/angel allies and not just a 'work with them for the greater good goal' like with the Demons [Meg, Crowley]... I hope they bring him back for more eps. I will miss Bobby though

abdulay31

[10]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 5
    I like the character as in he is someone that Dean trust apart from Sam and it is good to see how they bonded over in Purgatory, i hope the character is not killed off with Sam hell bent on the moral issue of supes.

libra113

[11]Jan 24, 2013

Be intresting to see what happens now that Dean has 'dumped' Benny.