Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Can someone explain the Leviathan master plan to me?

NJLiz

[1]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 2

TNT is running Season 7 episodes (which will finish up tomorrow, March 21st) and I just can not make any sense at all of what the Leviathan master plan is. Here are all of the pieces which I don't see fitting together:

1) Sioux Falls Hospital

2) The Realtor and the plan to buy up property for a cancer center

3) Turducken and that research center to pacify human beings

4) The code that Bobby gave Sam & Dean that led them to a meaningless field (what was this about?)

5) All of Dick Roman's political and business ambitions

Any ONE of these might explain the Leviathans' goal for all of their hard, evil work but together, they don't add up to anything that makes sense. Could it be that show execs are really disorganized and didn't plan out the season?

Is there any fan out there who can tie this all together for me? Thanks in advance!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dazednconfuuzed

[2]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 2

The short answer... yes, as season 7 is by far the weakest of the show, I really do think they started out thinking that the levi's were a good story and then totally didn't know where to go with it later on.. Having seen the whole season, they don't really explain everything in a way thats really clever or meaningful.. They want to cure all human diseases so they don't have to worry about their food supply dwinding.. they created the food additive to make people fat and lazy and as you'll find out soon, they even try to stop skinny people from ever being born by killing off all the naturally skinny people in the world with another food additive.. Pretty much they just want to breed us like cattle. Roman's political n business ambitions only serve to further this endevor, as does the work of all the levi's. Basically he wants to have his hands in everything so by the time anyone might realize something is f*cked up it will be too late. The field was coordinates to a place they were building to further their research I believe or was meant to be a human processing plant eventually or something.. I can't quite remember that part though. Season 8 has its issues too, but its a vast improvement over season 7. Jeremy Carver took over as showrunner in season 8, and pretty quick into season 8 the levi's are but a distant memory.. So if you're not really jivin' with that season (as myself and every other Supe fan didn't), be happy knowing it gets better in season 8...

libra113

[4]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 27

NJLiz wrote:

TNT is running Season 7 episodes (which will finish up tomorrow, March 21st) and I just can not make any sense at all of what the Leviathan master plan is. Here are all of the pieces which I don't see fitting together:

1) Sioux Falls Hospital

2) The Realtor and the plan to buy up property for a cancer center

3) Turducken and that research center to pacify human beings

4) The code that Bobby gave Sam & Dean that led them to a meaningless field (what was this about?)

5) All of Dick Roman's political and business ambitions

Any ONE of these might explain the Leviathans' goal for all of their hard, evil work but together, they don't add up to anything that makes sense. Could it be that show execs are really disorganized and didn't plan out the season?

Is there any fan out there who can tie this all together for me? Thanks in advance!

Let me see if I can shed some light on this:

1) Sioux Falls Hospital- That was early on, right after they arrived in our world, and was basically them getting themselves in a position and getting a short term food supply. People aren't going to think too much of people dying in a hospital and with them in control of the major players in that hospital (and probably others) they can take whatever they want in the way of people or body parts. It's not really part of the master plan so much as a foothold and short term feeding solution.

2) The Realtor and the plan to buy up property for a cancer center- That had to do with making sure their livestock (humans) are healthy and good to eat. It also would have been a cover for the slaughter houses when the time came.

3) Turducken and that research center to pacify human beings- that was their means of control. They wanted humans as fat and docile as they could so they started out with the Biggerson's Turducken and then later expanded into food in general.

4) The code that Bobby gave Sam & Dean that led them to a meaningless field (what was this about?)- That was likely where they were going to build one of their health centers/slaughter houses they just didn't get a chance to build the thing.

5) All of Dick Roman's political and business ambitions- That was all about control. They control the sucrose (to taint the food and make everyone fat and docile), they control the local governments, etc... (as they even said in one episode) then if people DID start to panic or find something out they wouldn't have anyone to help them (they talk about controlling the cops and911 call centers). Basically, they wanted to control everything but make it look as if it was business as usual.

I think that about sums it up. Basically, humans would have been fat and dumb cattle in a world ruled by the Leviathans in secret feeding on them as they wish.

vampman87

[5]May 9, 2013
    • level: 4

Season 6 was a mess because there were too many plotlines crammed at once, but the main theme to season 6 was Purgatory and the lengths Castel would go to in order to make sure the Apocalypse never happens again. Season 7 was SUPPOSED to focus on consequences. Castiel opens Purgatory and uses its power to defeat Raphael, but releases the Leviathans into the world.

The Leviathans master plan was basically "turn the US into a meat plant." They became powerful heads of corporations and used that new-found power to manipulate the food and medical industries into creating what they wanted with nobody knowing. I think I can kind of see what they were getting at: Season 6 had so many twists and turns and way too many Big Bads (Crowley, Raph, Eve, and ultimately Cas) so season 7 gave us a traditional Big Bad in Dick. Unfortunately, Dick didn't have the creepy element Azazel, Lilith, and Eve had, nor did he have the charm that Lucifer and Crowley had. The Leviathans DID start out scary, but Dick's introduction made the Leviathan look like an editorial on Corperate America and mass consumerism.

libra113

[6]May 25, 2013
    • level: 27

vampman87 wrote:

Season 6 was a mess because there were too many plotlines crammed at once, but the main theme to season 6 was Purgatory and the lengths Castel would go to in order to make sure the Apocalypse never happens again. Season 7 was SUPPOSED to focus on consequences. Castiel opens Purgatory and uses its power to defeat Raphael, but releases the Leviathans into the world.

The Leviathans master plan was basically "turn the US into a meat plant." They became powerful heads of corporations and used that new-found power to manipulate the food and medical industries into creating what they wanted with nobody knowing. I think I can kind of see what they were getting at: Season 6 had so many twists and turns and way too many Big Bads (Crowley, Raph, Eve, and ultimately Cas) so season 7 gave us a traditional Big Bad in Dick. Unfortunately, Dick didn't have the creepy element Azazel, Lilith, and Eve had, nor did he have the charm that Lucifer and Crowley had. The Leviathans DID start out scary, but Dick's introduction made the Leviathan look like an editorial on Corperate America and mass consumerism.

Big bad Dick. That was what was fun about the character most, his name.