Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

car questions

saizen33

[1]May 19, 2012
    • level: 7

1) whatever happened to John's truck?

2) whatwas the make / model of Sam's car in thebeginning of Season 6? (can't find it in the episode trivia section)

3) why didn't Sam just drive John's truck instead of getting another car?

Any answers would be appreciated!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tyrathius

[2]May 19, 2012
    • level: 4

As I recall Sam's car was a 2006 SRT8 Dodge Charger.

As for John's truck, presumably it was lost after John was captured by Meg and her brother. They escaped in the Impala and never mentioned going back to get it.

libra113

[3]May 19, 2012
    • level: 27

Tyrathius wrote:

As I recall Sam's car was a 2006 SRT8 Dodge Charger.

As for John's truck, presumably it was lost after John was captured by Meg and her brother. They escaped in the Impala and never mentioned going back to get it.

Yeah, I hate that the truck just vanished. I always had in the back of my mind that Bobby towed it back to his place but it was never shown or mentioned again.

I actually started a story set shortly after John's death where Sam and Dean were cleaning it out and Dean runs across an item that sets off a flashback to when he and John were working alone (after Sam left) but I just never finished writing it.

Probably, at this point it's far too late for anything to be done with the truck but it would be nice.

saizen33

[4]May 31, 2012
    • level: 7

Thanks for the replies!!! My thoughts: I always thought that also, that Bobby towed John's truck back to his place. When Bobby's place was torched, the truck was probably destroyed then. As for Sam, maybe he wanted to drive his own vehicle.

dragon22a

[5]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 32
    It's possible that it found its way to the Roadhouse and was used by another hunter for a while. It was loaded full of weapons so I doubt it was just impounded and forgotten.

libra113

[6]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 27
    Always kind of bugged me that it was sort of forgotten and has never been mentioned again. Of course it's most likely that the registration, plates, etc... were totally bogus and there was nothing traceable back to John so it just got towed and impounded and is sitting around some lot somewhere.

Be nice if they had to track it down now to find some item or something hidden inside somewhere but it seems unlikely given the time. Likely whoever towed it sold it at auction for towing fees long ago.