Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Carver Edlund?

yutg25

[1]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 5

Do you think the Prophet of God will reappear soon or will the mother of all try to get him.

Maybe have fiery demonic passion with him? hahaha

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taxcat11

[2]Feb 28, 2011
    I would love to see Chuck again. I would also like to see Chuck trying to continue his "writing". Not to mention clarification that Chuck is not God.

libra113

[3]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 27
    Would be nice to see him again and yeah some clairification would be great.

I figure one of two things: (1) Either it's a "Doctor Who" thing where suppressed all of his God-like qualities to the point where he was basically human and didn't even remember that he wasn't really Chuck (perhaps to protect himself from Dean's amulet, mind reading, etc...) or (2) He knew all along but also knew that, making himself a prophet, he would have a archangel watching him all times and had to keep up the show 24/7 to keep his cover from being blown.

Personally, I like the first one and I also have to laugh when he insists he's a god in his first appearance (he was close but no one would listen).

gatoraderising

[4]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 7
    I heard Chuck is coming back some where down the road. I dont remember where i heard that though lol. It would be great to see him again. To find out if he was God or not would be nice. I personally hope that he's not. I kinda like not knowing who god is. If they do ever have God show himself it would be better if it was the last ep or close to last one. If he does show up its probly a bad sign lol. Seeing how theres no happy endings in Supernatural....

libra113

[5]Mar 1, 2011
    Well, it was supposed to be the last episode at the time and yeah I'm pretty sure (no totally sure) he is/was God all along. Not to say they can't change their mind and cobble together some BS to make it someone else but I'm pretty sure it was their intent for him to be God from the first time he appeared. He even said as much in his first appearance but no one beleaved him. He said he was a god and turned out to be THE God so it all hangs together perfectly.

presario111

[6]Mar 2, 2011

well i for one cant help but wonder whythe brothers havent checked up or at least mentioned chuck. its like he completly disapeared from the story. id like to think that chuck wuz considered a friend at this point so i at least expect them to be concerened

libra113

[7]Mar 2, 2011
    presario111 wrote:

well i for one cant help but wonder whythe brothers havent checked up or at least mentioned chuck. its like he completly disapeared from the story. id like to think that chuck wuz considered a friend at this point so i at least expect them to be concerened

Maybe he really did remove himself from the story when he vanished. Maybe no one remembers him, at leas until (or when) he returns.

Either that or they've been so busy with everything else they just haven't had time to think about it.

gatoraderising

[8]Mar 3, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing. Its a little werid that at least Dean didnt go see him or find him after Sam went into the cage. I hope when he does reappear they finally say if he was God. I hope he was him being God the whole time. If Chuck was not God the whole time then i hope God never does show himself.

dpebbleson

[9]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 24
    gatoraderising wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. Its a little werid that at least Dean didnt go see him or find him after Sam went into the cage. I hope when he does reappear they finally say if he was God. I hope he was him being God the whole time. If Chuck was not God the whole time then i hope God never does show himself.

I hope they resolve the issue as well. I'm not sure they'll do it, I think they prefer torturing us instead

Yeah, maybe it's for the best God never does show himself. Or it be Joshua...?

libra113

[10]Mar 3, 2011
    I thought that at first but I've kinda got into the idea that it was Chuck all along.

The idea that he erased his own memory and filled his head with a fake life and suppressed is power to hide then it all came back when Micheal took Adam as a vessle and went to fight Lucifer.

Then when he left he erased everyone's memory of having met him and when he returns they will start to remember him again.

dpebbleson

[11]Mar 3, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    I thought that at first but I've kinda got into the idea that it was Chuck all along.

The idea that he erased his own memory and filled his head with a fake life and suppressed is power to hide then it all came back when Micheal took Adam as a vessle and went to fight Lucifer.

Then when he left he erased everyone's memory of having met him and when he returns they will start to remember him again.

I think that idea is viable, but sounds a bit complicated. You'd have to find why he would erase all his memories...?

Maybe he was too stressed out, I dunno, but it would probably confuse fans why a very old being would behave like that

Erasing everyone's memory sounds more probable. Though we'll have to see if he really appears.

libra113

[12]Mar 3, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

I think that idea is viable, but sounds a bit complicated. You'd have to find why he would erase all his memories...?

Maybe he was too stressed out, I dunno, but it would probably confuse fans why a very old being would behave like that

Erasing everyone's memory sounds more probable. Though we'll have to see if he really appears.
    Well, it's probable that he had to forget and become human to prevent things like Dean's amulet from finding him.

It seems he wanted to step back and let the angels run things for awhile (we have no idea why) and to fully do that he had to be untracable.

I compaire it to the "Doctor Who" episode where the Doctor was hiding from the Family of Blood by supressing his memories and becoming human. Kinda the same deal. Maybe he was even hiding from the Mother of All and the stuff going on now.

gatoraderising

[13]Mar 4, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Well, it's probable that he had to forget and become human to prevent things like Dean's amulet from finding him.

It seems he wanted to step back and let the angels run things for awhile (we have no idea why) and to fully do that he had to be untracable.

I compaire it to the "Doctor Who" episode where the Doctor was hiding from the Family of Blood by supressing his memories and becoming human. Kinda the same deal. Maybe he was even hiding from the Mother of All and the stuff going on now.

I dont think he would have to make himself human so the amulet wouldnt work. He is God i doubt something like that could find him if he doesnt want to be found. I dont see Supernatural copying a another show like Doctor Who. I hope they would come up with their on idea lol.

libra113

[14]Mar 4, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    I thought that at first but I've kinda got into the idea that it was Chuck all along. The idea that he erased his own memory and filled his head with a fake life and suppressed is power to hide then it all came back when Micheal took Adam as a vessle and went to fight Lucifer. Then when he left he erased everyone's memory of having met him and when he returns they will start to remember him again.
    I think that idea is viable, but sounds a bit complicated. You'd have to find why he would erase all his memories...? Maybe he was too stressed out, I dunno, but it would probably confuse fans why a very old being would behave like that Erasing everyone's memory sounds more probable. Though we'll have to see if he really appears.
    Well, it's probable that he had to forget and become human to prevent things like Dean's amulet from finding him. It seems he wanted to step back and let the angels run things for awhile (we have no idea why) and to fully do that he had to be untracable. I compaire it to the "Doctor Who" episode where the Doctor was hiding from the Family of Blood by supressing his memories and becoming human. Kinda the same deal. Maybe he was even hiding from the Mother of All and the stuff going on now.
    I dont think he would have to make himself human so the amulet wouldnt work. He is God i doubt something like that could find him if he doesnt want to be found. I dont see Supernatural copying a another show like Doctor Who. I hope they would come up with their on idea lol.
    Wasn't saying it was an intentional copy, just that they maybe had the same kind of idea. Sometimes that happens accidently.

RachelleMcAdams

[15]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 11

I don't think Chuck is God. There is more evidence and valuable proof that he isn't than is such as the amulet not burning hot in his presence, they've explicitly shown him receiving and reacting to his prophecies, the booze, hookers and his presence in The End is also really weird under the assumption that he is God.

Edited on 04/19/2011 10:08pm

libra113

[16]Apr 20, 2011
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:

I don't think Chuck is God. There is more evidence and valuable proof that he isn't than is such as the amulet not burning hot in his presence, they've explicitly shown him receiving and reacting to his prophecies, the booze, hookers and his presence in The End is also really weird under the assumption that he is God.

None of that proves anything. As one of the other posters said he's God if he doesn't want the amulet to work it won't and I might add that Joshua told them the amulet wouldn't help them find him.

The rest is all part of the act for the benifit of Raph who was watching him 24/7 to protect who he thought was a profit.

The cincher is they said God would show himself in the final episode and there he was all along.

RachelleMcAdams

[17]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 11

libra113 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:

None of that proves anything. As one of the other posters said he's God if he doesn't want the amulet to work it won't and I might add that Joshua told them the amulet wouldn't help them find him. The rest is all part of the act for the benifit of Raph who was watching him 24/7 to protect who he thought was a profit. The cincher is they said God would show himself in the final episode and there he was all along.
    Well under the assumption that he was hiding out on Earth, I absolutely do not get why he'd be spending his time writing crappy novels. Surely he can find better productive ways to amuse himself than bad prose, booze, and ordering hookers.

Edited on 04/20/2011 8:51pm

gatoraderising

[18]Apr 21, 2011
    I don't think God would make himself into a prophet to amuse himself. It look's like he did it to help the brother's out without everyone finding out he was God. In doing so he would have to act the way he did(which Luke acted werid too according to Cas). Not to mention Raphael was watching him 24/7 which has been said a number of times now.

libra113

[19]Apr 21, 2011
    Exactly. He was incognito but pretending to be a profit allowed him to push Sam, Dean and Cas in the right direction without coming in and interfering more directly. Then when the crisis was averted he left to hide somewhere else.

I find it funny that some people think the idea of Chuck being God so hard to beleave but they're willing to beleave he took the form of the Impala. Now THAT is silly. Anyway, look at all the times Chuck pointed the boys in the right direction, just happened to have the vital bit of information they needed (even when the angels didn't want him to have it) and how he was able to point Dean to the final battleground of Micheal and Lucifer. He HAS to be God.

dpebbleson

[20]Apr 22, 2011
    I wouldn't like Chuck to be God, and I think evidence goes against it, but in the end I think he is God, and regrettably so, since he's such a cool character on his own, as a troubled prophet/writer.

Despite it, I'm not willing to think God is Impala. If it could be anything religious, Impala could be some sort of movable church, a shelter for Sam and Dean. But for me it's simply a symbol of home, and steed for the twentieth/twenty-first century.