Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Castiel/angel/the new god fan club thing, Join us

  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [1]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    So a bunch of us are starting a fan club thing for Castiel and "Supernatural" angels in general. Thoes of you who are in SFU know the drill and have probably read some of our posts. Anyway, we're working on a t-shirt and here is my suggested design. Anyone with any designs of their own post them here as well and we will see what's what:



    Oh and this all new to me so any tips or help on originzation and how to set up the t-shirt thing will be greatly appricated.

    Edited on 07/16/2011 9:03pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [2]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134

    Good idea...we were really starting to take over the SFU. Well, I was thinking on the name of the club....and the SWA sounds good to me. Still haven't thought of a job yet...I may need some assistance there.

    As for the design I posted, I was thinking since we're gonna go ahead with the two different shirts (so far, maybe there'll be more? ), maybe I should put a different Castiel quote on mine as well. Anyone have any ideas on what other quote I could use??

    I have no clue what to do in order to get the ball rolling on this. I'm thinking it might be difficult to do though through a place like cafepress since we're personalizing them so much (our names, job titles, ect.)....but like I said, I don't know much about it so I can't say for sure. There's also the idea that people could just make the shirts themselves. I mean, all we would have to do is make the design available and people could print it off. It's not overly difficult to do, and since we're not out to make money on them it would save people a little bit of money themselves. So, what's everyone's feelings on that issue?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [3]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    shmandda wrote:

    Good idea...we were really starting to take over the SFU. Well, I was thinking on the name of the club....and the SWA sounds good to me. Still haven't thought of a job yet...I may need some assistance there.

    As for the design I posted, I was thinking since we're gonna go ahead with the two different shirts (so far, maybe there'll be more? ), maybe I should put a different Castiel quote on mine as well. Anyone have any ideas on what other quote I could use??

    I have no clue what to do in order to get the ball rolling on this. I'm thinking it might be difficult to do though through a place like cafepress since we're personalizing them so much (our names, job titles, ect.)....but like I said, I don't know much about it so I can't say for sure. There's also the idea that people could just make the shirts themselves. I mean, all we would have to do is make the design available and people could print it off. It's not overly difficult to do, and since we're not out to make money on them it would save people a little bit of money themselves. So, what's everyone's feelings on that issue?

    I don't really know much about cafepress or other such sites myself. When I first had the idea it was just going to be a simple design and they were all going to be the same. As normal it kind of snowballed. I haven't had any experince with printing iron on or anything, I know ones I used to get in cerial as a kid (mid to late 70's, early 80's) were pretty lame and peeled off. As long as we can make them look good I'm not worried about HOW they're made. As for a qoute, it's hard to say. He's had a lot of great lines but a lot of them aren't really stand alone (meaning to make sense Dean's part would have to be included too). I will have to go back and look.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [4]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    WOW! I want in on this! where do I sign up! haaa
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [5]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134
    libra113 wrote:
    I don't really know much about cafepress or other such sites myself. When I first had the idea it was just going to be a simple design and they were all going to be the same. As normal it kind of snowballed. I haven't had any experince with printing iron on or anything, I know ones I used to get in cerial as a kid (mid to late 70's, early 80's) were pretty lame and peeled off. As long as we can make them look good I'm not worried about HOW they're made. As for a qoute, it's hard to say. He's had a lot of great lines but a lot of them aren't really stand alone (meaning to make sense Dean's part would have to be included too). I will have to go back and look.

    Hmmm...well, I was thinking maybe the last line in LR maybe, "Because we have work for you"...I thought that was kind of cool line. But I don't know, I'll have to go back and look myself for some Castiel lilnes....or maybe I'll just stick with the perdition line, who knows.

    The iron-ons today aren't bad actually. I've made a few shirts that way, and as long as you do it right they could last for a long time. But there's also still the option to drop all the personalized stuff and just have them all be the same....

    But I'm like you, I don't really care how it's done, just that it's not too difficult, and that it looks good. We really need someone who's got experience with online companies so we can figure what'll be best.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [6]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134

    Mer-Joy wrote:
    WOW! I want in on this! where do I sign up! haaa

    Think up a job missy....that's how you sign up.

    Meh, I still haven't thought of one yet.....

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [7]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Yeah we need to get together and make a list of members and all that like with SFU. I THINK we could get by with JUST the wings and the qoute on the t-shirts and put the rest in an online sig (I don't know WHERE I'm going to do my given it's already packed). On a funny side note my buddy Tim (thoes who know me have seen me post about him, I went to see him for several months last summer), whoes not a fan of the show turned up online today. The first thing he says "Hello, b i t c h so naturally shot back hello jerk without even realizing he wouldn't get it. Funny. I guess you had to be there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [8]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    Can i be in charge of making sure Dean gives angels some respect!!! cause you know.. he didn't.. in AYTG... yeeaahh.. uhh.. I got nuthin...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [9]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134

    Mer-Joy wrote:
    Can i be in charge of making sure Dean gives angels some respect!!! cause you know.. he didn't.. in AYTG... yeeaahh.. uhh.. I got nuthin...

    Hey, I like that one Merina! You should go with that one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [10]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134

    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah we need to get together and make a list of members and all that like with SFU. I THINK we could get by with JUST the wings and the qoute on the t-shirts and put the rest in an online sig (I don't know WHERE I'm going to do my given it's already packed). On a funny side note my buddy Tim (thoes who know me have seen me post about him, I went to see him for several months last summer), whoes not a fan of the show turned up online today. The first thing he says "Hello, b i t c h so naturally shot back hello jerk without even realizing he wouldn't get it. Funny. I guess you had to be there.

    Yeah, I think you're right. If we're going to "mass produce" or whatever, then we really can't personalize it. I suppose if people want to do that, then they can just make their own.

    And who's going to be in charge of that list? *whistles as she looks around the room* I guess we could do that....I mean, should this be like an SFU thing where new member should have to contribute, or prove their angel love before they can officially join? Maybe pass a little quiz or something...I don't really know how to go about this.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [11]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    QUIZ.... *blank stare*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [12]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134
    Hey! When I joined the SFU I had to pass a quiz first....which has since been abandoned, but I'm trying to bring it back. I'm not saying that should be done in this case, just a suggestion maybe. I mean, I don't want this awesome little club of ours to have people joining left and right without being the dedicated kind of fans that we are. I don't know, I was just putting the subject out there for discussion, that's all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [13]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    Im just playin.. BRING IT ON!! LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ToxicAngel503

    ToxicAngel503

    [14]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 13,423
    Woohoooooo!!!!

    Oh, I know what you can use, Manda:

    "You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of Hell, I can throw you back in." *Shudders* That was awesome!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [15]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    ToxicAngel503 wrote:
    Woohoooooo!!!!

    Oh, I know what you can use, Manda:

    "You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of Hell, I can throw you back in." *Shudders* That was awesome!


    I kinda already claimed the respect thing... I could use that though... LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ToxicAngel503

    ToxicAngel503

    [16]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 13,423
    Oh...guess reading through the posts would have been a good idea, huh?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [17]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    shmandda wrote:

    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah we need to get together and make a list of members and all that like with SFU. I THINK we could get by with JUST the wings and the qoute on the t-shirts and put the rest in an online sig (I don't know WHERE I'm going to do my given it's already packed). On a funny side note my buddy Tim (thoes who know me have seen me post about him, I went to see him for several months last summer), whoes not a fan of the show turned up online today. The first thing he says "Hello, b i t c h so naturally shot back hello jerk without even realizing he wouldn't get it. Funny. I guess you had to be there.

    Yeah, I think you're right. If we're going to "mass produce" or whatever, then we really can't personalize it. I suppose if people want to do that, then they can just make their own.

    And who's going to be in charge of that list? *whistles as she looks around the room* I guess we could do that....I mean, should this be like an SFU thing where new member should have to contribute, or prove their angel love before they can officially join? Maybe pass a little quiz or something...I don't really know how to go about this.

    I'm the most unoriginized person in the galxay (can't talk about other galaxy but I'm sure I could give them a run for their money)but I can try and handle list work if you don't want to (if so more power to you and thanks). As for the rest, hmmmmm I don't know something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mer-Joy

    Mer-Joy

    [18]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 544
    ToxicAngel503 wrote:
    Oh...guess reading through the posts would have been a good idea, huh?


    Always a good Idea.. DUH!! lol.

    Oh and.. if we need someone to like, keep a list.. I am more than happy.. I mean.. it would not be anything special.. probably just posted in a blog or something...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pixie9696

    pixie9696

    [19]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 15,349
    shmandda wrote:

    Mer-Joy wrote:
    Can i be in charge of making sure Dean gives angels some respect!!! cause you know.. he didn't.. in AYTG... yeeaahh.. uhh.. I got nuthin...

    Hey, I like that one Merina! You should go with that one.

    u two should twin up..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shmandda

    shmandda

    [20]Oct 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,134

    Mer-Joy wrote:
    ToxicAngel503 wrote:
    Woohoooooo!!!! Oh, I know what you can use, Manda: "You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of Hell, I can throw you back in." *Shudders* That was awesome!
    I kinda already claimed the respect thing... I could use that though... LOL

    Wait, Tox, you mean for the quote on the shirt, not the job, right?

    No worries Merina, I'm not taking your job. I do however need to find my own.... I mean, I'm sort of on the ground floor here and I'll be the last person to have one!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.