Characters you'd like to Return

libra113

[21]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 27
    Shikady wrote:
    Bela as a demon would be great...but like libra said, with her body. I don't know, the right hand of Crowley, got a favor and got his body back...don't know.
    Hey if Anna can "call in a favor" when she's been out of circulation as long as she was AND a wanted fugitive then surely someone like her (presumably becoming a demon in 'good standing') could swing something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

waisal14

[22]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 10

~ I miss Gabriel. He provides comic relief to the show that I enjoy and loved in "Changing Channels".

~ They need to bring Bella back. She had the best chemistry with the boys and they both obviously had the hots for her.

~ I would like Adam to come back on as either himself or Michael. I'll like to know what the battle was like for him and Sam. They could use him for a flashback moment in hell.

~ When the boys died in season 5 by some hunters they found out their Dad isn't in heaven. Is there Dad dead or alive? They need to bring him back on to answer that question.

CJJohanson

[23]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 6

I lost interest in Gabriel when it was revealed he was an Archangel. That revelation never really jibed with me, too spontanous. It did move the storyline along nicely and gave them a nice ally, but I liked him better as a trickster.

Bela as a demon would be awesome, but Meg Masters demon would be even better, I always liked her. I always figured her to be the Dr. Doom to the boy's Fantastic Four.

Adam I could do without. The actor who plays him isn't very good. And honestly, I could give a rats ass what happened to him. I was never invested enough him, "Jump the Shark" we didn't even get to meet him properly and "Point of No Return" he got a good glimpse at the real him, but not enough for me to care. So, in the cage or not, bleh.

Edited on 10/18/2010 9:23pm

libra113

[24]Oct 18, 2010
    Yeah I agree about the Trickster/Gaberial thing and I WISH they would do an episode where it turns out that he was only Gaberial in "Changing Channels" and "Hammer of the Gods" and that Gaberial had stolen his identity to get close to Sam and Dean (knowing that if they knew he was angel they would listen). That way they can have it both ways and we get a great recurring foil for the boys back in the show.

Meg would be nice (the REAL one) but the body is gone and it would be hard to reconcile that with what we've seen before and I guess we will just have to live the current incarnation of Meg (who isn't half bad really, she was wonderfully evil sicking the hellhounds on Dean in "Abandon All Hope").

Adam was kind of bla for me too and I find myself wishing it had all been a ghoul trick after all.

CJJohanson

[25]Oct 18, 2010

If only we could close our eyes and sing "la la la" and act like it was just a Ghoul playing a trick, but too much evidence to the contrary we have to believe, Adam is a half-brother haha. I just don't see why everybody's in a rush to find out what happened to him, even to the story, it doesn't matter.

I like the new meg as well, especially her dialect, the way she talks is so menacing. But Nikki Aycox would've been so much cooler. I always watch her episodes back-to-back, froms season one. Big nerd, haha.

I would love for that to happen, but I think that would be too much of a cop-out, in regards to getting The Trickster back.

libra113

[26]Oct 19, 2010
    Yeah, pretty much have to accept that Adam was legit and I guess given what we learned about John and Mary's relationship later (that they were only together becasue of a Cupid and that they apprently had a LOT of fights and near breakups before Mary died) it kinda makes it more likely that John would hook up in the years after. I DO kinda wonder if the Cupid's influence was the only thing holding them together (since they couldn't stand each other before that) and if that was the root of John's drive to avenge her death. Also, if it was, was that part of the plan as well or just a 'fortunate side effect'.

If they could come up with a REALLY good explination I would be all for the original Meg coming back but I just don't see HOW they could pull it off (or explain Meg's sudden intrest in returning to her long lost meat suit). Maybe she could guest star in a flashback that showed what she was doing 'behind the scenes' of season one.

I don't really agree with that. I think the explination not only makes perfect sense (especially since the whole tv thing doesn't REALLY seem the Trickster's style) and there's not really anything to say it's not true other then the question of where has the REAL Trickster been all this time and I see a couple of ways around it: (1) Gaberial trapped him and he just managed to get free and/or (2) he was laying low after Lucifer ripped right through the other fallen gods in "Hammer of the Gods".

I would also point out that, since they officially id'ed the Trickster as Loki that Loki exsisted LONG before anyone had any concept of angels per se or Gabreial in particular so, at very least, there would have to have been a REAL Loki at some point before the switch and saying that swtich happened after "Mystery Spot" or even "Tall Tales" and the REAL Loki is around somewhere makes sense.

I would also point out (as I did at the point this 'twist' happened) the personalities of Loki and Gaberial are so totally out of sync that the idea that they are and always have been one and the same entity seems unlikely (at best).

Just a way out and if anyone who writes for the show is reading this. It's your's free and clear, no charge, won't even ask for credit.

I_Want_Pie

[27]Oct 19, 2010

LadyArtemisia wrote:

I'd be really funny if Bela appeared with Balthozer, he could of threatened a few demons to send her back. Saying that he liked her style, and thought she'd be a fun girl.

It could go like this.

Castiel,Dean, and Sam go to Balthozer to talk to him about some type of item.

Balthozer: Hey, Cas! You know I didn't know why you liked this hairless monkeys so much until I go one of my own.

Bela enters.

Bela: Hello boys, miss me?

Dean & Sam:

Bela: Come on it's only be a few years.

Balthozer: Sweetheart, I think they may be wondering how you got out of the pit.

Pulls her shirt down past her shoulders to show handprints.

Bela: I have a matching on to you Dean. He marked me like your lovely angel marked you. (Giving a suggustive gaze at Castiel, Him Looking confused.)

Oh and I'd like to see a small cameo of death. Maybe talking to one of the Pagan Gods or Goddesses. Maybe even Kali!

Actually this would be an easy way to bring Bela back...as a human.

Balthazar was also in the souls business.

He makes a trade with Crowley for Bela's soul.

He uses her to steal the artifacts he wants from heaven. Everybody wins.

I loved Gabriel, but to bring him back would cheapen one of the most memorable, heroic, and fitting ends to a character that the show has done. I'd like to see them bring back Patrick the warlock as a replacement pre-Gabriel-reveal Trickster.

libra113

[28]Oct 19, 2010
    I don't want Gaberial back at all I want Loki back and Lokie predates Gaberial in religion/mythology so they can't REALLY be the same entity.

I want Bela back but I would think a trusted angel (as Belth would have been at the time) would be better suited to steal Heaven's weapons than a resurrected human who spent years in Hell.

Now perhpas Belth could use his angelic powers to bring her back (like Cas did for Dean) but I would want it to be for some earthly reason where she could REALLY help him with something he couldn't do (like stealing something from a place protected by anti-angelic symbols, for example).

aussiemovieguy

[29]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 3
    Roy and Walt, and for Dean to be pissed.

CJJohanson

[30]Oct 19, 2010

I get were you're coming from now, I like it. Real Loki, or maybe even a different Trickster, from Native American lore. For a show about dealing with American legends it hasn't really delved much into Native American mythology. That'd be something to show in the sixth season. Anyways, back to Gabriel, yes, I like your plan and it would be wonderful if that happened.

The Bela thing, maybe, but than again Balthazar could use any human, why pick Bela?

libra113

[31]Oct 20, 2010
    Well, they probably have left the Native American stuff alone because of how badly "Bugs" was handled, but yeah that would be fun. Still, if we're having a Trickster I would like THE Trickster.

I guess he could pick Bela becasue she KNOWS Sam and Dean and has tangled with them before (with success) and knows the territory. Oh and aussiemovieguy, I would like to see thoes two as well, Dean has unfinished business with them.

mynameisjohnas

[32]Oct 23, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    But does she KNOW anything about Mary's family? Her connection was with John and while it's logical to conclude that, as an active psychic in the same town, she would know the hunters but let's remember two points: (1) Mary's family didn't trust other hunters and seemed to keep to themselves and (2) seems like most hunters are crazy about people with supernatural abilities (unless it's just Sam and his type) so they might not even have been aware of her or if aware might not have trusted her. She could read them now but if they have something to hide they're not going to knowing allow it. I guess Dean could just bring her over for a secret reading. I'm much more intrested in seeing her with Bobby (see them as a couple for some reason) and/or maybe with Cas.

As for why the Yellow Eyed Demon killed Mary's family I thought "In The Begining" cleared that up. He met Dean and knew the angels sent him so he was covering his tracks.

[/QUOTE]

I won't disagree on that point but I wasn't suggesting she would have talked to any of Campbells previously or that she even try now. My point was that if she was the one who introduced John to the SPN world then it seems possible that John might have shared some of his knowledge or ideas about Mary and her family's history to her.

Good point about "In the Beginning" and Azazel knowing that Dean and the angels were going to be looking for clues as to why Azazel was doing what he was doing. Obviously getting rid of the remaining Campbells and Mary's friends would make sure that anyone looking for clues as to what Azazel was doing would have a more difficult time finding out. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that yet...other than the fact that I'm still a little too caught up in my "Sam is an anti-christ" theory Tongue out

However, even if that is the case, there are still a few issues left unresolved regarding Mary and her family's past including:

-How did she explain Samuel's death to John and why did he assume (or at least claim to Sam and Dean when the saw them in BTTF2) that it was a heart attack?

-Why were John and Mary were arguing in DSOTM?

-What did Lucifer mean when he referenced Luke Skywlker and suggested that John and Dean were at best a mere foster family in "Swan Song"?

- And most importantly why, being a former hunter, did Mary not realize there was a demon in the house the night Azazel came for Sam? I would accept the argument that Michael erased hers and John's memories but in BTTF2 he never claims that he was going to erase her memory about being a hunter or demons, just that he would erase her memories of angels and Dean and Sam so it still doesn't add up that she would have missed the warning signs.

On an unrelated matter- regarding the whole "Mary and John were only together because cupid marked them"... is that really a big deal? To me it doesn't make their love any less real than anyone elses in the SPN universe since I thought My Bloody Valentine confirmed that cupids are (or at least were) responsible for all love on the planet. Remember Michael's speech at the end of BTTF2:

"Think of a million random acts of chance, that let John and Mary be born, to meet, to fall in love, to have the two of you. Think of the million random choices that you make and yet how each and everyone one of them brings you closer to your destiny. Do you know why that is? Because it's not random. It's not chance. It's a plan that is playing itself out perfectly..."

If every action on this planet is influenced by every other action or event that occurrs on this planet then every single relationship in the history of time in the SPN world would have had to have been influenced by angels up until the point Dean said no to Michael. Hence, Mary and John's feelings towards eachother were no less real or strong than anyone elses.

Edited on 10/23/2010 5:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

libra113

[33]Oct 23, 2010
    I guess that depends on what he knew about Mary and her family. So far we have no idea what (if anything) John knew about Mary's family and her hunter past, at least before becoming one himself.

Well, I kinda assumed that was the point of having Yellow Eyes talk about covering his tracks and Sam (back in "The Kids Are Alright" give or take) said someone was covering their tracks. Also, do I need to go back and watch that episode again because I don't remember it being her entire family killed? Seemed to me, the people Sam mentioned, where people like her doctor (who might find something odd about her pregnancy with Sam) and people physically close to her who might be able to pick up information.

I would guess Mary told him it was a heart attack and he had no reason to question. It's also possible that her family had a contact who was able to fake the paperwork to make it SEEM that way.

I gather from what Dean was saying that they aurgued a lot. The Cupid said they couldn't stand each other before one of his kind put them together so I can only assume it was their natural feelings showing themselves. Either that or hunters and contacts were trying to drag her back in and she was refusing and he was suspious of something being up becasue people would show up and she wouldn't tell him what was going on. Perhaps, he even suspected she was having an affair at some point.

Well, the Skywalker thing was a refrence to Sam's well known anger issues, the rest is harder to tell but since Lucifer is the father of all demons and Sam was contaminated with demon blood and becoming like them...

Because she had been out of the game for years and becasue just because a lightbulb flickers doesn't mean you automatically assume there's something supernatural going on. It could also be that once she saw John downstairs she realized what was going on and ran to Sam's room with the intent of fighting whatever it was in there (demon or whatever).

Well, given that John and Mary couldn't stand each other at first the odds are unlikely that they would have gotten together (much less stayed together) without interferance from on high... take that anyway you like.

Beecharm3r2

[34]Oct 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    Missouri. I liked her and felt she could be useful to the show, plus add another strong female character (one most Supernatural fans actually liked). I kind of would like to see her interact with Castiel. Could be funny.

Gabriel. Admittedly, I felt the revelation of him being the angel as opposed to Loki, was a surprise and I was torn about that but I think if they just did a little explanation about his backstory that could fix those issues. Mainly though I did like all the episodes with Gabriel and I thought he was great. I didn't understand why though they just killed him off like that. For the archangel I expected a huge fight scene. SO that brings me to the conclusion that maybe Gabriel was far away when Lucifer showed up and he just had two other selves there. Two decoys instead of one. So I'm hoping they bring him back and that he's just in hiding or off having a good time.

God. I liked Chuck and all but I would like to see more elements of God. You know...signs and such. I loved how they did it in Houses of the Holy at the end... I love that sort of thing and would like to see a few more bits of divine intervention. Even if there is a person that God appears as I'd like to see that but I don't want it done in a super cheesy way. I'm not sure how to describe it but I did like what was done with Chuck, and I used to love how that show Joan of Arcadia used to portray God.

Former 'victims' of attacks to come back and be demon hunters. For example, the girl Emily in Scarecrow. She was old enough and had lost enough people close to her, and seeing enough bad where she could move on and possibly think of hunting, or start during the apocalypse. Not much backstory needed. OR in the episode Something Wicked, the boy Michael who was trying to protect his younger brother...I think Michael was supposed to be around 12 and since its 5 years later, that could put them at good ages to start hunting. Just a thought but I wouldn't mind seeing familiar faces as hunters, even if they hadn't started out as hunters in the first place.

libra113

[35]Oct 26, 2010
    I agree with Missouri. Not so sure with Gaberial (I liked Loki better and I've outlined how they could have Loki without Gaberial involved ). The God thing could be intresting and for all we know we've seen it already (maybe He's the one who brought back Gramps to counter Sam's release from Hell as some evil thing and is the one, in human form, using him to gather Alphas). I'm a little iffy on the former victims thing since I've always thought it takes a special kind of person to be a hunter and not just anyone could decide to do it and live through more than one hunt, but just becasue these former victims make that leap doesn't mean they're good and therein could be the story in and of itself. It also kinda reminds me (for good or bad) of the bit in the new "Doctor Who" series were his former compaions from the new series (plus Sarah Jane Smith from the old series) all joined forces to help him save the Earth. I guess the same concept could be applied. Maybe they're not up to par with the average hunter in all areas but that doesn't mean they couldn't apply their own special talents in SOME area or another either alone or in groups. For all we know one of them may have an message board on some obscure corner of the internet where they ALL coordnate and work together perhaps even with more established hunters to help the greater good.

mynameisjohnas

[36]Oct 28, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    I guess that depends on what he knew about Mary and her family. So far we have no idea what (if anything) John knew about Mary's family and her hunter past, at least before becoming one himself.

All the more reason to bring her back.

libra113 wrote:
    Well, I kinda assumed that was the point of having Yellow Eyes talk about covering his tracks and Sam (back in "The Kids Are Alright" give or take) said someone was covering their tracks. Also, do I need to go back and watch that episode again because I don't remember it being her entire family killed? Seemed to me, the people Sam mentioned, where people like her doctor (who might find something odd about her pregnancy with Sam) and people physically close to her who might be able to pick up information.

Are you trying to get going again on my Anti-Christ theory? Lol.

libra113 wrote:

I would guess Mary told him it was a heart attack and he had no reason to question. It's also possible that her family had a contact who was able to fake the paperwork to make it SEEM that way.

Yeah, but remember John wakes up in Mary's arms and they're both lying beside Samuel who has a nice big whole in the side of his stomach. Whether or not they had contacts that were able to pass it off as a heart attack to the rest of the outside world, Mary would have had to have some explanation for John and I would really like to know what it was. The way I see it she either could have explained to John that it was a demon and thus would have had to explain the nature of their world to him (which wouldn't fit chronologically because John seemed genuinely surprised in BTTF2 when he finds out about angels and hunters) or she lied and said Samuel went crazy and killed her mom and tried to kill her and thus had no choice but to defend herself. Either way, I don't believe that John believed it was a heart attack as he claimed to the brothers in BTTT2.

libra113 wrote:

I gather from what Dean was saying that they aurgued a lot. The Cupid said they couldn't stand each other before one of his kind put them together so I can only assume it was their natural feelings showing themselves. Either that or hunters and contacts were trying to drag her back in and she was refusing and he was suspious of something being up becasue people would show up and she wouldn't tell him what was going on.Perhaps, he even suspected she was having an affair at some point.

I don't buy the whole "it was just their natural feelings coming out", as I already noted in my last post, but each to their ownSmile. While I have my own theory on the matter I think your latter theory is much more likely than your former one and who knows, it may even turn out to be true.

libra113 wrote:

Because she had been out of the game for years and just because a lightbulb flickers doesn't mean you automatically assume there's something supernatural going on.

Perhaps, but I think your wrong. Put yourself in her shoes and consider the idea that you had made a deal with the demon that killed your parents which was to be fulfilled 10 years later. Don't you think you'd be thinking about that day every day, every hour, minute and second until it happened? Forget the fact that she was a hunter her entire life and just think about the fact that you had made a deal to give a demon access to your youngest child on a certain date. Either one of those facts should have been enough to sear worry of a demon getting into her house into her brain until she died.

For me, either there was something else going on that we still don't know about or it was just a slip up on the part of whoever put together BTTF2. It does seem like Dean assumes his mother's death warrant has been signed when Michael tell him he's going to wipe their memories because Dean states that "she's going to walk right into the nursery". Michael confirms it too which would make one think he also means to include wiping her memory at least of what happened in the deal with Azazel, if not her history as a hunter as well. If he didn't it would seem like an extremely sloppy mistake on his part since as a hunter it seems unlikely Mary would have missed the warning signs a demon was there, regardless of how long she had been out of the game.

mynameisjohnas

[37]Oct 28, 2010

Given that we just had a vampire episode again I'm not sure why this didn't come to me till now but I'd also LOVE to see Amber Benson (of BTVS fame) as Lenore, from "Blood Lust", return. It would be nice to see what happened to her pack of vampires and personally I found her character to be one of the most interesting single episode characters SPN has ever had. Most episodes of SPN have portrayed being turned into a monster, regardless of what kind, as unavoidable and ireedemable and yet her character, and a few others, were able to fight that. It would be nice to know a bit more of their history and how they came to be about how they were.

On the subject of having JDM return I found an interesting interview done back in April of this year.

http://jeffreydeanmorganunlimited.com/2010/04/thelosers_supernatural_reddawn/

"I mean, look, I've always said, and I'll remain saying it in these interviews, the last season I'd love to come back and do something. Because I think Jared and Jensen are such great guys, and I'll keep saying it. But no one from Supernatural's ever contacted me."

And on that subject, it probably won't make much of a difference but you can sign this if you want to. I found it a while ago when googling JDM and SPN together but just never got around to posting it.

http://www.petitionvoice.com/bring-jeffrey-dean-morgan-back-to-petition.html

Edited on 10/28/2010 8:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

libra113

[38]Oct 28, 2010
    mynameisjohnas wrote:

libra113 wrote:

All the more reason to bring her back.

libra113 wrote:

Are you trying to get going again on my Anti-Christ theory? Lol.

libra113 wrote:

Yeah, but remember John wakes up in Mary's arms and they're both lying beside Samuel who has a nice big whole in the side of his stomach. Whether or not they had contacts that were able to pass it off as a heart attack to the rest of the outside world, Mary would have had to have some explanation for John and I would really like to know what it was. The way I see it she either could have explained to John that it was a demon and thus would have had to explain the nature of their world to him (which wouldn't fit chronologically because John seemed genuinely surprised in BTTF2 when he finds out about angels and hunters) or she lied and said Samuel went crazy and killed her mom and tried to kill her and thus had no choice but to defend herself. Either way, I don't believe that John believed it was a heart attack as he claimed to the brothers in BTTT2.

libra113 wrote:

I gather from what Dean was saying that they aurgued a lot. The Cupid said they couldn't stand each other before one of his kind put them together so I can only assume it was their natural feelings showing themselves. Either that or hunters and contacts were trying to drag her back in and she was refusing and he was suspious of something being up becasue people would show up and she wouldn't tell him what was going on.Perhaps, he even suspected she was having an affair at some point.

I don't buy the whole "it was just their natural feelings coming out", as I already noted in my last post, but each to their ownSmile. While I have my own theory on the matter I think your latter theory is much more likely than your former one and who knows, it may even turn out to be true.

libra113 wrote:

Because she had been out of the game for years and just because a lightbulb flickers doesn't mean you automatically assume there's something supernatural going on.

Perhaps, but I think your wrong. Put yourself in her shoes and consider the idea that you had made a deal with the demon that killed your parents which was to be fulfilled 10 years later. Don't you think you'd be thinking about that day every day, every hour, minute and second until it happened? Forget the fact that she was a hunter her entire life and just think about the fact that you had made a deal to give a demon access to your youngest child on a certain date. Either one of those facts should have been enough to sear worry of a demon getting into her house into her brain until she died.

For me, either there was something else going on that we still don't know about or it was just a slip up on the part of whoever put together BTTF2. It does seem like Dean assumes his mother's death warrant has been signed when Michael tell him he's going to wipe their memories because Dean states that "she's going to walk right into the nursery". Michael confirms it too which would make one think he also means to include wiping her memory at least of what happened in the deal with Azazel, if not her history as a hunter as well. If he didn't it would seem like an extremely sloppy mistake on his part since as a hunter it seems unlikely Mary would have missed the warning signs a demon was there, regardless of how long she had been out of the game.

I'm not aurging that they bring Missouri back (I would love it) just unsure if she would have any personal knowledge about Mary's family given how reclusive they seemed to be.

Well, Sam doesn't have to be an anti-Christ to have Yellow Eyes covering his tracks. What he DOES have is brother who traveled back in time implying an angelic connection. That' enough to make Yellow Eyes wanna cover things up like he did.

Maybe, or maybe she told him that he hurt himself while in the throes of his attack or maybe he was too much in shock from having just come back from the dead to notice the wound. It's also possible that Mary's family's contacts covered it up offically and John covered for her becasue he thought she killed him and that it was self defence but didn't want have her go to the police.

Well, it's possible that old contacts has showed up at the house (maybe even family members concerned about all the deaths around her) and she tried to hide them from John which in turn made him wonder if she wasn't having an affair. Again, however it's also possible that Cupid magic can only go so far and the things about each other that made them not like each other in the first place might have grated on their nerves from time to time. No matter how powerful Cupids are I can't see them taking two people who don't like each other and forcing them into a perfect match. Gotta be some bumpy moments from time to time, even the best mariages have thoes.

Maybe Micheal implanted a suggestion to force her into that room. Also, and maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but I don't recall the demon ever saying he was coming for her child, just that he needed something and if left alone everyone would be fine. Given the vauge refrence to what he wanted and not knowing an EXACT arrival date was she supposed to jump at every flickering lightbulb?

It's also possible that she just messed up, happens. They've all made mistakes from time to time. They are only human in the end.

mynameisjohnas

[39]Oct 29, 2010

libra113 wrote:

Well, Sam doesn't have to be an anti-Christ to have Yellow Eyes covering his tracks. What he DOES have is brother who traveled back in time implying an angelic connection. That' enough to make Yellow Eyes wanna cover things up like he did.

Certainly. I just always found the inclusion of the dialogue where they discussed him breeding with the people he was making deals with to be strange unless it was for a reason.

"I'm to choose the perfect parents, like your mommy....cause they're strong, they're pure, they eat their wheaties, my own little master race, they're 'ideal breeders'...(Dean looks at him). Oh get your mind out of the gutter. No one's breeding with me. Though Mary...man, I'd like to make an exception cause so far she's my favorite".

If you watch the commentary on that episode Kripke and Carver talk about how they rewrote that section of the script about 6 different times so that they could get it right and if they left that section in there one would assume it was there because it meant something. I've always assumd that something was continued on in I Believe the Children are our Future.

Sektos

[40]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 10
    For me its got to be

* Immortal doctor who removes people organs

* The good Vampires who feed on animals- good connecting point to Vamp army and Alpha

* The good witch/warlock who plays poker with people for the years of their life

* Bella resurrected would be interesting personally liked her and it would be interesting to see more of the supernatural black market

* Kali the Indian Goddess- bring back the gods and some more depth to them! I hated that they made them "evil" by eating people and lesser than God, so some explanation would be nice.