Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Chuck

saicr

[1]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 10

Ever since the finale aired in May, I have seen a lot of forum discussions onwhetheror not Chuck is God and what happened to him. To set the record straight, the bible says that when prophets are done prophesying they ascend into heaven. With the apocalypse being averted Chucks job was finished, and he ascended, he is not God, just a prophet. That said, now that we know that Raphael wants to continue the original plan and bring about the apocalypse, chuck may not be gone forever.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 27
    saicr wrote:

Ever since the finale aired in May, I have seen a lot of forum discussions onwhetheror not Chuck is God and what happened to him. To set the record straight, the bible says that when prophets are done prophesying they ascend into heaven. With the apocalypse being averted Chucks job was finished, and he ascended, he is not God, just a prophet. That said, now that we know that Raphael wants to continue the original plan and bring about the apocalypse, chuck may not be gone forever.

Well they said God would show himself by the end of the season and he's the only one who showed anything suprising to us and thus is the only canidate (I won't even seriously consider the idea that God is the Impala that's just silly ).

Now, THAT said I saw "Dark Side of the Moon" again today and I still feel that Joshiua is a canidate as well but the facts of the ending just don't fit. Maybe they will explore it again with Heaven being in civil war and all that. I hope they do, if for no other reason, than to clarify the situation.

saicr

[3]Oct 13, 2010

Maybe they didn't mean God would show him self physically, but show him self in the act of bringing Cas back, showing that he is still on their side.

libra113

[4]Oct 13, 2010
    saicr wrote:

Maybe they didn't mean God would show him self physically, but show him self in the act of bringing Cas back, showing that he is still on their side.

As I recall the qoute was that he would show himself in the final episode. I dunno could be they have a history of saying things that prove to be misleading or half true.

In any case, unless he makes an appearance this season it's looking like Chuck is it as he's the only one in the last episode who showed any kind of indication of being more than he appeared.

Personally, I gotta say I'm still thinking Joshua but since HE said God was on Earth he was either misleading Sam and Dean or I'm wrong (or maybe Joshua is God's Heavenly persona and Chuck was his Earthly form).

saicr

[5]Oct 14, 2010

I think you may be onto something with Joshua, but I still disagree with Chuck being God. If he was, why would he still act like Chuck when he was alone?

Roz7

[6]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 2

Not to mention, (as I'm sure has probably been discussed elsewhere), Dean wore his amulet around Chuck repeatedly and it never 'went off', meaning either that idea of it detecting God was a load of nonsense or that, if Chuck was some form of God, then he could prevent being detected, which rendered the existence of the amulet pointless...

libra113

[7]Oct 14, 2010
    saicr wrote:

I think you may be onto something with Joshua, but I still disagree with Chuck being God. If he was, why would he still act like Chuck when he was alone?

Because he had an archangel watching him 24/7 so he couldn't afford to 'break character' and show himself. It's also possible he worked it to forget his true nature until the end of the world reached a certain point (once Lucifer and Micheal had vessels). It would also explain how he always seemed to have the right information even when the angels tried to hide it from him (like when he knew the location of the final battle). It also makes a funny little nod to Chuck's original conculsion when Sam and Dean first showed up and he assumed he was a god.

libra113

[8]Oct 14, 2010
    Roz7 wrote:

Not to mention, (as I'm sure has probably been discussed elsewhere), Dean wore his amulet around Chuck repeatedly and it never 'went off', meaning either that idea of it detecting God was a load of nonsense or that, if Chuck was some form of God, then he could prevent being detected, which rendered the existence of the amulet pointless...

Well Joshua did say that God told him they wouldn't find him amulet or not so he must have had some way to twart it's detection power. Either that or God had made himself as human as possible and wouldn't register with the amulet.

My thinking is that he turned himself into Chuck because he wanted a break so he became as fully human as he could and wanted to experiance humanity, drinking, sex and all that. Probably wasn't even aware he was God himself unti the end.

saicr

[9]Oct 14, 2010

But then where did he go now?

libra113

[10]Oct 14, 2010
    saicr wrote:

But then where did he go now?

Don't know he's not in Heaven so I don't know.

Maybe the near end of the world blew his cover so he flew the coop to become someone else.

My take on it is like the episodes of the new Doctor Who series where the Doctor used the Chameleon Arch to put everything that made him a Time Lord into a fob watch. Physically he was human, he had no Time Lord memory or knowledge and when scanned by the Family of Blood he read as human.

Then, when the watch was opened, it all returned and he was himself again.

I suspect God did much the same thing and when Lucifer and Micheal got their vessels and moved in for the final battle he became God again. Told his 'last' story and then took off to hide again.

CJJohanson

[11]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 6

Chuck is a great character, everything about him I loved and I was kind of...let down when it was implied Chuck was God. There is a lot more evidence against him being God than for, so, I prefer to think he just ascended. Plus, him being God sort of ruins "The Monster at the End of this Book" for me.

libra113

[12]Oct 26, 2010
    Why would it ruin that episode in particular?

CJJohanson

[13]Oct 28, 2010

If Chuck is God then he shouldn't have had to fear Lilith or Zach. And we saw Chuck by himself acting like Chuck, which doesn't make sense if Chuck is God, why would God keep the persona in private. If its true, then God was getting 20 hookers in "Lucifer Rising". It sort of ruins the characterization for me if it was just God acting as Chuck, which makes me not like his episodes anymore. Like I said, that why I prefer he just ascended.

My opinion, though.

libra113

[14]Oct 28, 2010
    I have two takes on that: (1) He made himself forget he was God until the end of world reached the final stages (Micheal and Lucifer had vessele and were about to go toe to toe) or (2) He had to keep up the act becasue he knew, as a prophet, he had a archangel watching him all the time and if he didn't it would have blown his cover.

Personally, I think it's the first one. I don't know if you've seen the current version of the British show "Doctor Who" but they had an episode where the Doctor takes on human form, erases his own memory and blends in with humans to hide from aliens who were hunting him.

I suspect it's the same thing. God wanted to get away (for whatever reason) so he made himself human, forgot he was God, but set himself up as a prophet so he would be in a key point IF things went bad.

Just how I see it.

CJJohanson

[15]Oct 28, 2010

Haha, comparing God to Tennent's Doctor, I find that very poetic, considering where they went with his character during the final episodes. And yes I did, those are one of my favorite episodes of that season. But alas, this is a Supernatural forum, so, here comes my rebuttal.

I like the first theory, it seems to have all the pieces together nicely. But,if Chuck is God, how did Joshua get the message to the boys or put the boys on Soul Plane and even bring back Castiel? If he didn't know he was God, he would therefore not be able to send messages or do the boys a favor. There are bound to be inconsistancies, I know, but, just too many questions if Chuck is god. Which is also why I prefer the Chuck ascended scenerio, and I'm assuming the writers left it vague so we can all imagine what we want about this subject as well.

libra113

[16]Oct 28, 2010
    Well, up until that last epiosde I was betting on Joshua being God.

I guess the explination of that bit depends on what Chuck knew and when.

If he knew he was God all along and was just playing a part to hide it (even from the archangel who was watching him all the time) then I can only guess he had some privet way to talk to Joshua (perhaps that's the nature of their connection and what Joshua meant when he said that God talks to him and all that).

If he didn't remember until some later point perhaps that point was triggered by Lucifer rising and the rest was an act or perhaps he did it subconiously thinking it was a vision. Perhaps he was pushing things one way or another all along instead of just seeing things before they happen.

It's another area I doubt will be clarified any time soon (or ever).

WCSU1987

[17]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 3

Going out on a limb here what about... Lisa or Ben?

aussiemovieguy

[18]Oct 30, 2010
    WCSU1987 wrote:

Going out on a limb here what about... Lisa or Ben?

as in might be God???????????????????

WCSU1987

[19]Oct 30, 2010

Just thinking it could be a possibility as they were shown in the end of season five. Though my thought that God is no one in particular, this would probably make the amulet moot. That God's presence was shown through the glimmer on the Impala showing the brotherhood and bond that the Winchester brothers share. That God is not an individual just a presence, but would turn a lot of storylines around.

libra113

[20]Oct 30, 2010
    Not as much as I hate the term having Lisa or Ben be God would be a solid shark jumping moment.

I'm prefectly fine with the idea of it being Chuck (WAY more than the idea that God is a car, I find that silly) and am perfectly happy to leave it at that.