Devil's Trap Tattoo

Rogueslayer23

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 8

Hey everyone. I wanted to get some fans opinions of my tattoo idea. I want to get the devil's trap between my shoulder blades. Just looking for some feedback or suggestions. Has anyone seen anyone with this tattoo? Or is there a high res pic floating around of the trap?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 27
    Well, if you notice there are diffrent types so the first step is to work out just which one you want to use. Second, would be to figure out what episode it was in and do some searches on some fansites for screencaps (there are tons of such sites), then go from there. Personally, I STILL intend to get the anti-possession tats that were first shown in "Jus In Bello" as soon as I find a place to do the job. Meanwhile there are fake tats like thoes being sold as official merchandise so I plan to get some of thoes and use one of them as a way to expalin to whoever does the job what I want.

kdtfiles

[3]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 23
    What one are you talking about?, "The Key Of Solomon" from Devil's Trap - with the scorpion in the center. The "Devil's Trap" Sammy drew on the trunk when they plan to hide The Colt in it? The traps they draw on the floors? Because I've got some images on file, but I'm not sure what one you are talking about. I've seen postings of people who have gotten all variations trap tattoos. And I've designed one using the JIB tattoo ( I just need the $300 to get it done )

Libs, too bad you don't live near Seattle, Jack does awsome tattoos, seen some of his work WOW!!

libra113

[4]Apr 16, 2009
    Well, I'm planning on moving to Tennasee to be nearer my best and oldest friend. He knows some people and I've shown him the image of what I want and didn't seem to think it would be hard to get done.

Rogueslayer23

[5]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    Definitely wanting the key of solomon one from "Devil's Trap," with the scorpion. I have also considered the JIB one, but I am leaning more to the 1st. I've only been able to find screencaps so far, so I would definitely take your pics!

Kami-katze

[6]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 14

I don't know if there is a picture of it in the Monster Book or the Journal (I doubt it), but I'll check it just in case when I get home.

There's also a "key of Salomon Book you can order from Amazon (and other places I guess), but who know if it is in there.

Anyway, I think that's a cool idea, and if I'll ever bring up the corage to get a Tatt myself I would rather do something like this (connected to the show but not copied) then the "real" tattoo the boys have. Though I can understand that there are fans who are so much into it that the have to have it.

libra113

[7]Apr 17, 2009
    There is. There's a really solid pic of the one from "Devil's Trap" in the monster book. Let me see about scanning it and sending to whoever is intrested. Can't promise but I MIGHT be able to have it done in a day or two.

Kami-katze

[8]Apr 17, 2009

I took some pictures, but it wasn't that well painted, so I'm not sure if it will help. Maybe Lib's scans will work better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

libra113

[9]Apr 17, 2009
    No, that looks like the exact one I would have sent. That scoring (for lack of a better term) is intentional. I guess anyone getting the tat could do it that way or just soild out the lines where needed.

Kami-katze

[10]Apr 18, 2009
    I doubt you can get the letters clearer on your skin anyway...well maybe if the Tattoo would be very big, like covering you whole backside or so.

libra113

[11]Apr 18, 2009
    Well, I just meant filling in the breaks in the lines. Looking at that image I can see why it's so expensive with all the detail work and everything. Likely to take a lot of time and skill. Personally, I will just stick to the "Jus In Bello" one, it's simpler, cleaner and I like the way it looks.