Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Garth needs to go!

DavidLeonowic

[1]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 3

Out of all the characters Supernatural has introduced, Garth is the one the producers chose to fill Bobby Singer's role..........Why? His character is obviously forced and is extremely hard to believe he is suddenly capable to have all of Bobby's sources and knowledge.

I don't mind the show wanting to bring in a new character, but they should have chosen one that is more likable with a dark back story that may be able to bring more to the show. In my mind, the current comedic style that they are trying to bring with Garth's character is failing and causing me to dislike so many things that I used to l like about the show.

Producer's, please correct the issue and get rid of Garth and replace him with a character more entertaining. For example, the mullet-loving character named Ash, from season 2. He may be a comic relief as well, but at least his story fit better with what Supernatural is known for.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fullhans1

[2]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 4
    With the Winchesters and many of the other recurring characters always being angsty, a character like Garth is really refreshing. I enjoy him.

Tyrathius

[3]Feb 4, 2013

Do the Winchesters even know anyone besides Garth, Sheriff Mills, and Cas anymore? When Dean said he was going to help a friend out back in Blood Brother, Sam's response was something like "You don't have any friends!"

Mind you, Sam's been in douche mode all season, but still.

vampman87

[4]Feb 9, 2013
    I've actually come to appreciate Garth. He's got the exterior of a bafoon and is nowhere near a capable fighter like Sam and Dean, but he's a lot smarter than he looks and tries to look on the bright side of everything. Look at all the hunters introduced in the series. John, Rufus, Ellen, Jo, Jack, Martin, even Bobby... hunting caused them to be bitter, and despite being competent fighters, they would eventually be overpowered by monsters and killed. Hell, Sam and Dean got killed multiple times. Yet it's cheerful Garth who SOMEHOW escapes death over and over again, and he's far more resourceful than people make him out to be. With all the Wangst going on on this show as well as my favorite characters dying, Garth is one of the few things I like about it anymore.

Tvking00

[5]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 5

I agree with the others, I enjoy Garth he brings necessary goofiness to the show even if it's in small doses like when Sam is on the phone with him , and Garth screws a name up. I'm pretty sure fan's can all agree that we miss Bobby and there will never be a "true" replacement for him even Ghost Bobby wasn't enough.

Edited on 02/10/2013 1:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

libra113

[6]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 27

Yeah Garth is a breath of fresh air to be sure. Also, he may not be much in a fight but he's good at other things as we're getting to see as the stories unfold. Oh and Ash is dead, didn't you see him in Heaven?