Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Gone on too long!

  • Avatar of Soulpole79

    Soulpole79

    [1]Mar 28, 2012
    • member since: 12/17/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6

    I loved this show, like many others. In the early days we had week by week ghosts/demons to fight while a deeper sub-plot was running throughout. It was excellent. Since then it has become stale. The Demons/Angels lark was pretty boring but they brought it round slightly but that took up every episode so we lost the heart of the week-by-week trials. We then hit the part were Castiel became God - OH NO! At this point I got a little angry because it was just terrible. So terrible, that luckily the writers saw their colossal error and sorted that mess out in the first episode of this season. This season seemed to get back to roots with the cases/sub-plot, but there was so much of nothing happening in a lot of weeks that interest has been lost, almost totally. Coupled with the fact that all the decent support characters are dead, then throw in the fact that after 2 episodes we have a month long break for some strange reason, I find I am only watching because I don't wish to stop in the middle of a season. It has to end here. Either on a high or low because they have already ruined the show, just bite the bullet. Throughout the years we have passed at least 3 natural ends but greed took us past these into the ridiculous and mundane.



    R.I.P Supernatural - I just hope we salt your bones and burn you.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [2]Mar 28, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I loved this show, like many others. In the early days we had week by week ghosts/demons to fight while a deeper sub-plot was running throughout. It was excellent. Since then it has become stale. The Demons/Angels lark was pretty boring but they brought it round slightly but that took up every episode so we lost the heart of the week-by-week trials. We then hit the part were Castiel became God - OH NO! At this point I got a little angry because it was just terrible. So terrible, that luckily the writers saw their colossal error and sorted that mess out in the first episode of this season. This season seemed to get back to roots with the cases/sub-plot, but there was so much of nothing happening in a lot of weeks that interest has been lost, almost totally. Coupled with the fact that all the decent support characters are dead, then throw in the fact that after 2 episodes we have a month long break for some strange reason, I find I am only watching because I don't wish to stop in the middle of a season. It has to end here. Either on a high or low because they have already ruined the show, just bite the bullet. Throughout the years we have passed at least 3 natural ends but greed took us past these into the ridiculous and mundane.



    R.I.P Supernatural - I just hope we salt your bones and burn you.


    We had the break like we always have the breakbecauseof MarchMadness. I don't know if you're from outside the US or just don't follow sports but MarchMadnessis an annual event in basketball and everything else goes into re-runs while it's on to avoid wasting new episodes at a point where everyone is watching basketball. I don't care much for basketball so I don't watch that but I'm used to the attitude. There are just things you don't program against (major sporting events, award shows, etc...) and even if I don't care about them I know enough people do to make it not worth wild to show new episodes during this time. Just have to get used to it.


    As for the rest of it. They've killed everyone off becasue too many 'fans' were complaining about the show not being about just Sam and Dean anymore. They killed them off to suit a vocal group of fans and now that they have another vocal group is complaining that it's just Sam and Dean and they need other characters. They just can't win.


    If anything "Supernatural" is a victim of it's own sucsess and fans who complain too much about everthing. They're sucsess has pigeonholed the show where if they (God forbid) try anything new or diffrent they get slammed for it. On the other hand IF they do dare try to do something new and diffrent they get slammed for that as well. They just can't win.


    All I can say is: If it bothers you THAT much then just quit. Who cares if it's in the middle of season or what? I've quit shows I stopped enjoyed in the middle of seasons, at the start of seasons, near the end of seasons, whenever.


    When "Lost" got where they spent whole episodes just standing around and had re-runs every other week I dropped it like a hot potato and never looked back.


    Life is too short to spend time doing something you don't want to justbecauseyou USED to like doing it. Just stop watching and enjoy thebox setsof the the past episodes. There's just no need to spend an hour a week watching a show you don't enjoy anymore then spending however much time on her complaining about how much you hate it. If I felt like you did I would bail in a heartbeat.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Soulpole79

    Soulpole79

    [3]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 12/17/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6

    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [4]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [5]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kepa55

    kepa55

    [6]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 11/25/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 113

    The problem with Supernatural is that is has been going for seven seasons now - and apparently with the cliffhanger ending confirmed (didn't I just read that somewhere?) for this year, there will be another one - and it's hard to come up with something new and fresh. On the other hand, a show must evolve and change (well, at least genre shows should, and this isn't a case-of-the-week procedural drama), but when it gets too far from it's premise, it should be time to quit. I think Supernatural should have ended with the fifth season. Partly because that's the way it was planned, partly because it's pretty hard to do something more interesting than the Apocalypse.


    But, I'm still watching, so there's still some life left in it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sammieleigh123

    sammieleigh123

    [7]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 03/31/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1

    I instantly loved this show right away and like so many other people became a huge fan (i even would come home from a night out early just to make sure i was in time to see the new episode...as geekish as that is to admitt lol) but i do agree that season 6 and a few episodes of season 7 were not as intresting and well-writtin as the other past seasons, but what can you expect since Supernatural has been on TV for a few years now. Eventhough the current season has gone in a weird direction, i am a die hard fan and ill watch this show until its done for good!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [8]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    kepa55 wrote:


    The problem with Supernatural is that is has been going for seven seasons now - and apparently with the cliffhanger ending confirmed (didn't I just read that somewhere?) for this year, there will be another one - and it's hard to come up with something new and fresh. On the other hand, a show must evolve and change (well, at least genre shows should, and this isn't a case-of-the-week procedural drama), but when it gets too far from it's premise, it should be time to quit. I think Supernatural should have ended with the fifth season. Partly because that's the way it was planned, partly because it's pretty hard to do something more interesting than the Apocalypse.


    But, I'm still watching, so there's still some life left in it.


    Okay let's clear that up right now. Kripke has amditted that his five year plan was a lie he made up to make sure the show wasn't cancelled before the fifth season. He's admited it, it's fact. Also, before he ever said anything about five seasons he said they had enough stories to run for many, many seasons beyond just the story line they were doing at the time. Just get that settled here and now.


    Secondly, this show is TRYING to evolve but every time they try to do something diffrent they get a vocal group of fans complaining. On the one hand you have a very vocal group of fans who don't want the show to change but complain that it's stuck in a rut and is getting stale but on the other they a lot of things they COULD do and directions they COULD go in if this vocal group would just shut up and let them do it already.


    The shows own worst enemy are the so-called fans who do nothing but whine and complain.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [9]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    sammieleigh123 wrote:


    I instantly loved this show right away and like so many other people became a huge fan (i even would come home from a night out early just to make sure i was in time to see the new episode...as geekish as that is to admitt lol) but i do agree that season 6 and a few episodes of season 7 were not as intresting and well-writtin as the other past seasons, but what can you expect since Supernatural has been on TV for a few years now. Eventhough the current season has gone in a weird direction, i am a die hard fan and ill watch this show until its done for good!!!



    I think that the fans expected everything to be wrapped up by the end of this season, which is why people are complaining that the Leviathan story is a bit slow. but if you consider that it's a 2 season arc, then the bulk of everything will be explained either at the end of this season or in the next season. by spreading it out, it allows the creators to expand on things that might have been skipped had they done it in one season.


    from what I have seen, there have been lots of people complaining that they killed Cas, and Bobby, and that they haven't shown the Impala much this season - but those same people don't realise that it isn't about any of those things, it's about Sam and Dean - always has and always will be!


    that being said, I think Season 8 might be the final season - unless they come up with a big bad that is just as diabolical as Lucifer/Yellow-Eyes/Leviathans

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [10]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    lachlan_j_g wrote:


    sammieleigh123 wrote:


    I instantly loved this show right away and like so many other people became a huge fan (i even would come home from a night out early just to make sure i was in time to see the new episode...as geekish as that is to admitt lol) but i do agree that season 6 and a few episodes of season 7 were not as intresting and well-writtin as the other past seasons, but what can you expect since Supernatural has been on TV for a few years now. Eventhough the current season has gone in a weird direction, i am a die hard fan and ill watch this show until its done for good!!!



    I think that the fans expected everything to be wrapped up by the end of this season, which is why people are complaining that the Leviathan story is a bit slow. but if you consider that it's a 2 season arc, then the bulk of everything will be explained either at the end of this season or in the next season. by spreading it out, it allows the creators to expand on things that might have been skipped had they done it in one season.


    from what I have seen, there have been lots of people complaining that they killed Cas, and Bobby, and that they haven't shown the Impala much this season - but those same people don't realise that it isn't about any of those things, it's about Sam and Dean - always has and always will be!


    that being said, I think Season 8 might be the final season - unless they come up with a big bad that is just as diabolical as Lucifer/Yellow-Eyes/Leviathans


    If there's one thing I hoped they learned from the whole angels/demons, Lucifer/Micheal thing it's not to try to cram a story into a time frame that is way too short to do it right.


    I've always felt they really short changed us on season five and that the story would have muchly benifited from being done over season five AND six as so much of it seemed rushed and half done.


    I would hope they wouldn't make that mistake a second time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of martintab

    martintab

    [11]Apr 2, 2012
    • member since: 11/22/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 31
    I just can't imagine how the Leviathans' arc could endure another season. They have to admit they were wrong, Leviathans are not cool enemies, they are lousy ones. They should wrap that up at least, at the end of season 7. Let season 8 be about a Castiel gone mad, Satan overpowering him or something.

    We need a true bad guy again, Leviathans are horribly bad written.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [12]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    martintab wrote:
    I just can't imagine how the Leviathans' arc could endure another season. They have to admit they were wrong, Leviathans are not cool enemies, they are lousy ones. They should wrap that up at least, at the end of season 7. Let season 8 be about a Castiel gone mad, Satan overpowering him or something. We need a true bad guy again, Leviathans are horribly bad written.
    Love you're avatar but I just can't agree with the rest of it. Maybe theLeviathans can lead to something else in the cliffhanger and next season can be dealing with that but going back to a past foe is stepping backwards and shows that step backwards are really andtrulygone. A story can't go backwards it must always go forward or die.


    Lucifer had his chance and it's time to move on and do something else. Yeah they should have given his story two seasons in the first place but it's too late for that now and time to look forward.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hamstrman

    hamstrman

    [13]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 138

    libra113 wrote:


    martintab wrote:
    I just can't imagine how the Leviathans' arc could endure another season. They have to admit they were wrong, Leviathans are not cool enemies, they are lousy ones. They should wrap that up at least, at the end of season 7. Let season 8 be about a Castiel gone mad, Satan overpowering him or something. We need a true bad guy again, Leviathans are horribly bad written.
    Love you're avatar but I just can't agree with the rest of it. Maybe theLeviathans can lead to something else in the cliffhanger and next season can be dealing with that but going back to a past foe is stepping backwards and shows that step backwards are really andtrulygone. A story can't go backwards it must always go forward or die.


    Lucifer had his chance and it's time to move on and do something else. Yeah they should have given his story two seasons in the first place but it's too late for that now and time to look forward.




    libra113,


    I love what you have to say around here and I feel like you're defending yourself and the show against that vocal minority of which you speak (that can't be pleased). I didn't know about the "5-year plan" being a falsity and I'm so glad to hear that, actually. Anyway, season 6 had a few episodes that, had they been split into two wouldn't have felt so forced. Season 7 is the opposite: most are great actually, but the main plot, rather than being crammed in is very slow so every time it pops up, people kind of go, "This again? What's the deal with that?" If the writers hadn't made it so prominent early-on, I wouldn't be so curious for it to move forward, even in baby steps. I just don't want to hear the last sentence of a cell phone conversation as "moving the Leviathan plot forward." They did throw us a bone recently and now with the last two weeks episodes reveals regarding other characters (which makes me positively giddy), I think things will start coming together.



    I don't read spoilers, so purely as musing or speculation, I keep bringing up that Crowley as king of Hell hasn't come up in months and he's going to need to be dealt with. I do think that Lucifer has a role to play in that. Or he should. I don't think Lucifer should be a season-long enemy of sorts, but a wrap-up perhaps. As for the most recent reveal, I find it funny that people say the writers are pandering to the fans. Clearly they planned it and I was shocked to s**t. They had to have had that written already.



    So, in conclusion, season 6 was really good, they just needed to space out a couple of the plots a bit more, then they wouldn't have had a vocal minority rebellion, which I think led to this season 7 crawl - which has had rockin' weekly episodes and some amazing character developments. And libra113, keep defending the castle!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [14]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    hamstrman wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    martintab wrote:
    I just can't imagine how the Leviathans' arc could endure another season. They have to admit they were wrong, Leviathans are not cool enemies, they are lousy ones. They should wrap that up at least, at the end of season 7. Let season 8 be about a Castiel gone mad, Satan overpowering him or something. We need a true bad guy again, Leviathans are horribly bad written.
    Love you're avatar but I just can't agree with the rest of it. Maybe theLeviathans can lead to something else in the cliffhanger and next season can be dealing with that but going back to a past foe is stepping backwards and shows that step backwards are really andtrulygone. A story can't go backwards it must always go forward or die.


    Lucifer had his chance and it's time to move on and do something else. Yeah they should have given his story two seasons in the first place but it's too late for that now and time to look forward.




    libra113,


    I love what you have to say around here and I feel like you're defending yourself and the show against that vocal minority of which you speak (that can't be pleased). I didn't know about the "5-year plan" being a falsity and I'm so glad to hear that, actually. Anyway, season 6 had a few episodes that, had they been split into two wouldn't have felt so forced. Season 7 is the opposite: most are great actually, but the main plot, rather than being crammed in is very slow so every time it pops up, people kind of go, "This again? What's the deal with that?" If the writers hadn't made it so prominent early-on, I wouldn't be so curious for it to move forward, even in baby steps. I just don't want to hear the last sentence of a cell phone conversation as "moving the Leviathan plot forward." They did throw us a bone recently and now with the last two weeks episodes reveals regarding other characters (which makes me positively giddy), I think things will start coming together.



    I don't read spoilers, so purely as musing or speculation, I keep bringing up that Crowley as king of Hell hasn't come up in months and he's going to need to be dealt with. I do think that Lucifer has a role to play in that. Or he should. I don't think Lucifer should be a season-long enemy of sorts, but a wrap-up perhaps. As for the most recent reveal, I find it funny that people say the writers are pandering to the fans. Clearly they planned it and I was shocked to s**t. They had to have had that written already.



    So, in conclusion, season 6 was really good, they just needed to space out a couple of the plots a bit more, then they wouldn't have had a vocal minority rebellion, which I think led to this season 7 crawl - which has had rockin' weekly episodes and some amazing character developments. And libra113, keep defending the castle!


    I appricate that and yeah I do sometimes feel like the only one defending what the writers are trying to so. I've been here from the first time the first episode aired and I rememeber, like in the first season, where they big story was finding the thing that killed Mary and Jessica and killing it. That took two seasons and in the first half of the first season they didn't even know what it was they were trying to find and how to kill it (if it could be killed). I just feel like a lot of the people complaining about the story building slowly weren't here then and if they had been they would have been complaining about the pace of that first season.


    Like I said before: Season one was about the Yellow Eyed demon but in season we didn't see him until near the end of the season (and then it was only twice) and we still didn't learn the whole story about what he was doing and why. Season two he dissppears again and we don't actually see him (or learn much more about his plans) until the last two episodes of that season and in the last epsoide he's killed by Dean.


    Season three was about dealing with the demon army and we only find out a new leader has risen up around the midway point of the season. Then we're told the new power is a he and don't get a name (and a correction of the main baddie's gender) until "Jus In Bello" and then we only see her for a few seconds. She shows up again at the end of the (short) season but the only new thing we learn is that she can't kill Sam and we don't see much of her in the episode.


    Season four opens we slowly begin to get bits and peices of what's going on but we still only see Lilith twice (and in each appearance she has two, mutial exclusive, motivations, in one she's trying to cut a deal with Sam to save her own life and in the other she's goading him into killing her) and we don't even really see Lucifer at all.


    Season five we see Lucifer sparringing but we begin to learn what he and the angels are doing at a faster pace. Now season five is the first (and only) season to date where the story unfolds fast... I would say too fast. To add to that they're doing their 'last chance to do' pet stories becasue they think the series is ending so we get forced stuff like The Trickster being an angel (still don't like that, it's so pointless) and trying to make everything about the angel/demon story even if it makes no sense. Could have benifited from being spread out over season five and six.


    Season six is about the fall out of allowing the world to get so close to death and pulling it out at the last second (not to mention Heaven and Hell losing their major powers). The season was all leading up to the release of the Leviathans and while some of it was a bit bumpy the bulk of the complaining seems to stem from the fact that the writers played a little bait and switch with the viewers (which I actually thought was clever and darring on their part). Viewers thought the Mother of all was going to be the real threat and it turned out she was not and they felt cheated. Okay, people don't like being fooled and some people can take it kind of hard and shows and movies have been ruined over that stuff (the horror movie "April Fool's Day" tanked in the 80's for just the same reason) but I still thought it was cool and slick (something fans of this show used to admire).


    And so here we are at season seven. We've seen some of the Leviathan here and there but still know little about them. Their plan seems massive and long reaching and we only have a few bits and peices (the pacing is slower and more deliberate, like in seasons 1-4) and I like that they're taking their time and unfolding things slowly. It's way better than telling us everything up front and burning through a whole season at a break neck pace (like season five, which I didn't like the pacing of at).


    I guess it's just a matter of taste but I can tell ya' if seasons 1-4 had the same pace as season 5 we wouldn't be here now, the show would have burned out a long time ago.


    Oh and about Lucifer. I wouldn't mind himreturningfor real except I know if he does he's going to fall right back into the whole same story line we had before (he wants to take the world, he and the angels want a final battle, Sam and Dean are thevessels) and I just don't think there's anything new to be done or said with all that mess again. You gotta remember Lucifer is the demon's version of God but he hates them so becoming king of Hell and doing what demons do isn't going tointeresthim. His motivations have been made clear and I just don't feel there's anything new to be done in that framework.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AimeeMorgan

    AimeeMorgan

    [15]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 08/15/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2

    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [16]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    AimeeMorgan wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.


    No it's not. At the end of the day it's just a TV show. If you don't like, don't enjoy it, then leave. Plain and simple. To compare it to something as important as a human life much less the loss of someone you love in a slow and painful way is shallow.


    TV is just entertainment it's not life, it's not as important as life and leaving a show you don't like shouldn't be anywhere near and gut wrenching as watching a beloved family member die slow and painfully. If it is you're priorities are WAY messed up and you need to get a life.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hamstrman

    hamstrman

    [17]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 138

    libra113 wrote:


    AimeeMorgan wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.


    No it's not. At the end of the day it's just a TV show. If you don't like, don't enjoy it, then leave. Plain and simple. To compare it to something as important as a human life much less the loss of someone you love in a slow and painful way is shallow.


    TV is just entertainment it's not life, it's not as important as life and leaving a show you don't like shouldn't be anywhere near and gut wrenching as watching a beloved family member die slow and painfully. If it is you're priorities are WAY messed up and you need to get a life.




    Oh man, as soon as I saw that getting brought up again, I cringed. If people want to continue thinking this, whatever, but WHY is it up for discussion? WHY? It just even looks too stupid to post! Anyway...



    Re: Your other post, libra113,


    I loved season 5 because it was all central plot. I liked everything they threw into it and it didn't feel forced to me. For comparison, season 6's "Mannequin 3: The Reckoning" or "...And Then There Were None" tried to wrap up 2-3 plots in 42 mins each. Necessary, but WAYYY too much. I think the only reason I'm feeling the screeching halt of this season's main plot is because they started it off so full-force for quite a while. If we only got little sprinkles, we would have been used to this, but it just stopped abruptly. And to have come back with the episodes that they did and go on another break is just torture! But the fun, great TV kind of torture.


    But you're right, people got spoiled on season 5. And I rather liked the "switcheroo" reveals at the end of season 6 with "The Mother of All" being not much of anything. They handled that quite expertly, I think. I don't get all the griping on that. Building up to something doesn't always result in payoff (Watch Game of Thrones season 1 and watch your jaw hit the floor in that respect).


    But man, they better get back to an uninterrupted remaining season soon! NO MORE BREAKS! I can't take it! I can't even take the waiting a whole week as we get close to May!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [18]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    hamstrman wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    AimeeMorgan wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.


    No it's not. At the end of the day it's just a TV show. If you don't like, don't enjoy it, then leave. Plain and simple. To compare it to something as important as a human life much less the loss of someone you love in a slow and painful way is shallow.


    TV is just entertainment it's not life, it's not as important as life and leaving a show you don't like shouldn't be anywhere near and gut wrenching as watching a beloved family member die slow and painfully. If it is you're priorities are WAY messed up and you need to get a life.




    Oh man, as soon as I saw that getting brought up again, I cringed. If people want to continue thinking this, whatever, but WHY is it up for discussion? WHY? It just even looks too stupid to post! Anyway...



    Re: Your other post, libra113,


    I loved season 5 because it was all central plot. I liked everything they threw into it and it didn't feel forced to me. For comparison, season 6's "Mannequin 3: The Reckoning" or "...And Then There Were None" tried to wrap up 2-3 plots in 42 mins each. Necessary, but WAYYY too much. I think the only reason I'm feeling the screeching halt of this season's main plot is because they started it off so full-force for quite a while. If we only got little sprinkles, we would have been used to this, but it just stopped abruptly. And to have come back with the episodes that they did and go on another break is just torture! But the fun, great TV kind of torture.


    But you're right, people got spoiled on season 5. And I rather liked the "switcheroo" reveals at the end of season 6 with "The Mother of All" being not much of anything. They handled that quite expertly, I think. I don't get all the griping on that. Building up to something doesn't always result in payoff (Watch Game of Thrones season 1 and watch your jaw hit the floor in that respect).


    But man, they better get back to an uninterrupted remaining season soon! NO MORE BREAKS! I can't take it! I can't even take the waiting a whole week as we get close to May!



    I can see that but you have to remember that season five is the exception that proves the rule. It's the only season that was pretty much all (or mostly) a single plot. The rest of the them had their ongoing story but it wasn't every episode. I personally, like the pacing of seasons 1-4 and 6 onward in that they don't dump the whole plot in our laps all once and explain everything like they're running from a burning building or something.


    Being all about a single plot for all (or even most) of the season gets tiresome and when they did it in season five it felt like they were rushing through to make it all fit in one season.


    I don't see the hurry. Iactuallylike the time to speculate and try to work things out on my own, that's always way better than just having everything spoon fed for the purpose of getting everything done as quickly as possible.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [19]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    libra113 wrote:


    hamstrman wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    AimeeMorgan wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.


    No it's not. At the end of the day it's just a TV show. If you don't like, don't enjoy it, then leave. Plain and simple. To compare it to something as important as a human life much less the loss of someone you love in a slow and painful way is shallow.


    TV is just entertainment it's not life, it's not as important as life and leaving a show you don't like shouldn't be anywhere near and gut wrenching as watching a beloved family member die slow and painfully. If it is you're priorities are WAY messed up and you need to get a life.




    Oh man, as soon as I saw that getting brought up again, I cringed. If people want to continue thinking this, whatever, but WHY is it up for discussion? WHY? It just even looks too stupid to post! Anyway...



    Re: Your other post, libra113,


    I loved season 5 because it was all central plot. I liked everything they threw into it and it didn't feel forced to me. For comparison, season 6's "Mannequin 3: The Reckoning" or "...And Then There Were None" tried to wrap up 2-3 plots in 42 mins each. Necessary, but WAYYY too much. I think the only reason I'm feeling the screeching halt of this season's main plot is because they started it off so full-force for quite a while. If we only got little sprinkles, we would have been used to this, but it just stopped abruptly. And to have come back with the episodes that they did and go on another break is just torture! But the fun, great TV kind of torture.


    But you're right, people got spoiled on season 5. And I rather liked the "switcheroo" reveals at the end of season 6 with "The Mother of All" being not much of anything. They handled that quite expertly, I think. I don't get all the griping on that. Building up to something doesn't always result in payoff (Watch Game of Thrones season 1 and watch your jaw hit the floor in that respect).


    But man, they better get back to an uninterrupted remaining season soon! NO MORE BREAKS! I can't take it! I can't even take the waiting a whole week as we get close to May!



    I can see that but you have to remember that season five is the exception that proves the rule. It's the only season that was pretty much all (or mostly) a single plot. The rest of the them had their ongoing story but it wasn't every episode. I personally, like the pacing of seasons 1-4 and 6 onward in that they don't dump the whole plot in our laps all once and explain everything like they're running from a burning building or something.


    Being all about a single plot for all (or even most) of the season gets tiresome and when they did it in season five it felt like they were rushing through to make it all fit in one season.


    I don't see the hurry. Iactuallylike the time to speculate and try to work things out on my own, that's always way better than just having everything spoon fed for the purpose of getting everything done as quickly as possible.



    I liked Season 6 mostly due to the massive misdirect that they handed us mid-season (Eve) as we all thought she was the big bad but then BANG no she isn't, it's really Castiel and Crowley. as for the long breaks, they annopy me too - it was even worse/longer with other shows though (the walking dead). I get that there is a break over Christmas but come on!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [20]Apr 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388

    lachlan_j_g wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    hamstrman wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    AimeeMorgan wrote:


    libra113 wrote:


    Soulpole79 wrote:


    I get what you're saying, but.......see it like a sick, dying relative. You don't ever want them to go, but you know if they go on like this, they will suffer, you will suffer and it will be horrible for everyone involved. You could just walk away and never see that person again, leaving them in their dying state, but would you forgive yourself?? Unlikely! So you will do your duty and sit at their bedside, holding their hand until the time comes when they can be at rest and you have your closure.


    PS. Outside the US - along with March Madness, we have a winter break, and a few mini-breaks in between too. Most annoying.


    Okay, as someone who DID do through that with their mom I find the anology a bit insulting and it's not even remotely on the same level. I've had a lot of shows go south and if I lose intrest I just go. I've done it many times and have never given it a second thought.


    Yeah, break are irritating but they've learned not to counter program against certain shows and events (holidays, award shows, etc...). It's better than burning new episodes at a point where no one is watching.




    I personally thought season 3 was the high point of this show and then it all started hitting the fan, they would dangle a tempting story to entice us in and then go on thecompletely boring route instead of the awesome one. This show went the way of x files, awesome with the one off adventures and underlying story with a few silly episodes thrown in and then they concentrate on one story for multiple seasons and BAM... people start getting bored.


    Half the fans only keep watching cause they lust after the brothers and that's a fact.


    Also Iactually found that analogy quite fitting as I have been through both situations personally.


    No it's not. At the end of the day it's just a TV show. If you don't like, don't enjoy it, then leave. Plain and simple. To compare it to something as important as a human life much less the loss of someone you love in a slow and painful way is shallow.


    TV is just entertainment it's not life, it's not as important as life and leaving a show you don't like shouldn't be anywhere near and gut wrenching as watching a beloved family member die slow and painfully. If it is you're priorities are WAY messed up and you need to get a life.




    Oh man, as soon as I saw that getting brought up again, I cringed. If people want to continue thinking this, whatever, but WHY is it up for discussion? WHY? It just even looks too stupid to post! Anyway...



    Re: Your other post, libra113,


    I loved season 5 because it was all central plot. I liked everything they threw into it and it didn't feel forced to me. For comparison, season 6's "Mannequin 3: The Reckoning" or "...And Then There Were None" tried to wrap up 2-3 plots in 42 mins each. Necessary, but WAYYY too much. I think the only reason I'm feeling the screeching halt of this season's main plot is because they started it off so full-force for quite a while. If we only got little sprinkles, we would have been used to this, but it just stopped abruptly. And to have come back with the episodes that they did and go on another break is just torture! But the fun, great TV kind of torture.


    But you're right, people got spoiled on season 5. And I rather liked the "switcheroo" reveals at the end of season 6 with "The Mother of All" being not much of anything. They handled that quite expertly, I think. I don't get all the griping on that. Building up to something doesn't always result in payoff (Watch Game of Thrones season 1 and watch your jaw hit the floor in that respect).


    But man, they better get back to an uninterrupted remaining season soon! NO MORE BREAKS! I can't take it! I can't even take the waiting a whole week as we get close to May!



    I can see that but you have to remember that season five is the exception that proves the rule. It's the only season that was pretty much all (or mostly) a single plot. The rest of the them had their ongoing story but it wasn't every episode. I personally, like the pacing of seasons 1-4 and 6 onward in that they don't dump the whole plot in our laps all once and explain everything like they're running from a burning building or something.


    Being all about a single plot for all (or even most) of the season gets tiresome and when they did it in season five it felt like they were rushing through to make it all fit in one season.


    I don't see the hurry. Iactuallylike the time to speculate and try to work things out on my own, that's always way better than just having everything spoon fed for the purpose of getting everything done as quickly as possible.



    I liked Season 6 mostly due to the massive misdirect that they handed us mid-season (Eve) as we all thought she was the big bad but then BANG no she isn't, it's really Castiel and Crowley. as for the long breaks, they annopy me too - it was even worse/longer with other shows though (the walking dead). I get that there is a break over Christmas but come on!


    Yeah not only was the "Walking Dead" break longer but it only has like a dozen episodes per season (better than season one though that only had six).


    Guess I'm just used to standard TV breaks since they've been doing them for awhile now. I look at as a chance to do other stuff and take time to absorb what's happened up to this point.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.