Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

How do you want Supernatural to End?

libra113

[41]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 27
    basenji529 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

Someone could be acute angle, but misspelling the word makes you an obtuse angle.

and what does being mean about a simple typo make you?

A right angle, of course. A mere pi/2 radians.

Math humor? Must have them in stiches as the calculas conventions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostcause78

[42]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 9
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, this show made it clear, even before angles were introduced, that it doesn't work that way. I SUPPOSE someone like God could bend the rules but I don't really see them WANTING to be angles anyway.

I think they should just end it where it's clear they're still out there fighting evil we just don't see it anymore.

I would also kinda like to see some of the better writers on the show tackle some books ince the people who do the books seem to have issues capturing the show properly.

Maybe do a cliffhanger then release a triology of books to resolve it or something like that.

hehe aww I dont mind it continuing in comics like Buffy/Angel/Charmed have done. I hope they wont pull a happily ever after ending, I dont mind if they die or survive, just as long as it isn't too corny. I dont mind flashforwards 10 to 20 years after the show ends either.
    Yeah a flashforward MIGHT be nice depending on how it's done.

I happened to catch the last episode of "Charmed" the other day waiting for "Supernatural" on TNT and it was kind of cheesy with them growing old and having kids and grandkids and it was kind of over done. I dunno EXACTLY what they should do maybe they should just treat it like any other episode and not make a big deal about it or anything. Just another case, just another town.

True it depends how its done, Smallville did the flashforward perfectly, and true with Charmed, it was a little too much detail, the flashforward should of been cut back. I think if they did a flash forward to not go too deep in different periods, just one simple flash forward 20 years later. I doubt Jensen and Jared have the guts to put on make-up to look 20 years older, they'd probaly hire people.
    I could see a 20 years later thing perhaps.

I've always been fond of the idea of Dean becoming the new Bobby and Sam continuing on the road on his own.

I actually see them as 2 Bobbys, old "married" couple drinking and arguing and telling the new scrub hunters how things were back in the good ol days

libra113

[43]Jun 16, 2011
    lostcause78 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, this show made it clear, even before angles were introduced, that it doesn't work that way. I SUPPOSE someone like God could bend the rules but I don't really see them WANTING to be angles anyway.

I think they should just end it where it's clear they're still out there fighting evil we just don't see it anymore.

I would also kinda like to see some of the better writers on the show tackle some books ince the people who do the books seem to have issues capturing the show properly.

Maybe do a cliffhanger then release a triology of books to resolve it or something like that.

hehe aww I dont mind it continuing in comics like Buffy/Angel/Charmed have done. I hope they wont pull a happily ever after ending, I dont mind if they die or survive, just as long as it isn't too corny. I dont mind flashforwards 10 to 20 years after the show ends either.
    Yeah a flashforward MIGHT be nice depending on how it's done.

I happened to catch the last episode of "Charmed" the other day waiting for "Supernatural" on TNT and it was kind of cheesy with them growing old and having kids and grandkids and it was kind of over done. I dunno EXACTLY what they should do maybe they should just treat it like any other episode and not make a big deal about it or anything. Just another case, just another town.

True it depends how its done, Smallville did the flashforward perfectly, and true with Charmed, it was a little too much detail, the flashforward should of been cut back. I think if they did a flash forward to not go too deep in different periods, just one simple flash forward 20 years later. I doubt Jensen and Jared have the guts to put on make-up to look 20 years older, they'd probaly hire people.
    I could see a 20 years later thing perhaps.

I've always been fond of the idea of Dean becoming the new Bobby and Sam continuing on the road on his own.

I actually see them as 2 Bobbys, old "married" couple drinking and arguing and telling the new scrub hunters how things were back in the good ol days
    Well, I think one of them needs to follow in Bobby's footsteps and the other really needs to follow John's path of continuing to be an active hunter even when others would either be dead or slowing down.

lostcause78

[44]Jun 17, 2011
    Maybe one of them ends up in a wheelchair...automatic new Bobby

Anyway, just finished my reqatch of Season 1, and I realise how much I've missed the atmosphere from back then. Much much less angst and more good ol' horror stories.

I know it would never last 6 seasons without some change, but while I'm nostalgic, I would LOVE to see the last episode or two (never happen, too anti climatic) with them having offed the big bad, and returning to the good old times where it wasn't save the planet day, but save ordinary local folk from supernatural appearences.

Would be such a great parallel to see them now, seasoned hunters who literally has seen it all, compared to back when they didn't even know Vampires existed.

libra113

[45]Jun 18, 2011
    Maybe, but then it might be that the kinds of things they delt with in season one just wouldn't be much of a challenge to them anymore. I think they've out grown that stuff.

Remember "Swap Meat" where Dean and the fake Sam took out the ghost of that witch lady. In season one that would have been the whole main story but Dean described it as a random C list haunting or something like that.

With all they've seen and done and learned the monsters in season one wouldn't stand a chance against the Sam and Dean of today.

basenji529

[46]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 15

Well, it began with making fun of your bad spelling. I could've gone all out and talked about rouge angles of satin.

lostcause78

[47]Jun 26, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Maybe, but then it might be that the kinds of things they delt with in season one just wouldn't be much of a challenge to them anymore. I think they've out grown that stuff.

Remember "Swap Meat" where Dean and the fake Sam took out the ghost of that witch lady. In season one that would have been the whole main story but Dean described it as a random C list haunting or something like that.

With all they've seen and done and learned the monsters in season one wouldn't stand a chance against the Sam and Dean of today.

Aye but isn't that a grand ending?

The big epic scale stuff is done with, now they are back doing what hunters do best, only this time they truly are hunters, the prey is actually fearing them now. There is a new sherif in town, and the name is "The Winchesters"

On a side note that would also open up the possibility of them actually settling down. We've seen hunter families during the show, and now being so much in top of it all, they can spare the time and energy to have just that. Might not be cliffhanger material, but I wouldn't mind the last few episodes showing the tables turned For angst and against all odds, I have hundreds of episodes to watch ;D

libra113

[48]Jun 26, 2011
    I dunno maybe. Can't see them doing it for very many epiosdes becasue it would be exactly what they were worried about going into season two and beyond, which was that the show would get stale doing the stand alone urban legend stuff.

These days I can't see them taking a whole episode to take out the standard ghost unless there were some kind of twist that would make it more difficult in some way or another.

Pretty much most things out there they know what to do so the only way to have the story not end in five minutes would be to complicate the actual act of doing it.

They've done that a bit with some of the later ghost stories, adding layers of complication to what they have to do and it's made it fun but to do a flat out season one style story without the complications would be a hard sell.

howdoiluvdean

[49]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 2
    Now that Cas is the new God, he is bound to make a lot of wrong decisions as he is blinded by power. I would like it to end with him losing to Dean and Sam but realizing his mistakes so he asks the real God to make him human to atone for his sins. He joins the hunters and rounds up the foursome with Bobby because they "are" family. Anyways, I have a bad feeling that showrunners would want to kill a central character next season but I'm hoping its none of the foursome. That would just be distasteful.

lostcause78

[50]Jun 27, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    I dunno maybe. Can't see them doing it for very many epiosdes becasue it would be exactly what they were worried about going into season two and beyond, which was that the show would get stale doing the stand alone urban legend stuff.

These days I can't see them taking a whole episode to take out the standard ghost unless there were some kind of twist that would make it more difficult in some way or another.

Pretty much most things out there they know what to do so the only way to have the story not end in five minutes would be to complicate the actual act of doing it.

They've done that a bit with some of the later ghost stories, adding layers of complication to what they have to do and it's made it fun but to do a flat out season one style story without the complications would be a hard sell.

Indeed I don't mean it to be several episodes, but this is how we want the show to end eventually. And the very last episode wrapping things up and showing them doing the good old harmless ghost hunting, that's my happy ending anyway

libra113

[51]Jun 27, 2011
    Yeah, maybe as a topper to an episode.

lostcause78

[52]Jul 5, 2011
    Indeed

Well as Mentioned a few times I'm on my re-watch of seasons 1-5 for the first time since I got them all on DVD.

Just finished Dark side of the moon, and I gotta tell ya. A final episode of Dean & Sam in heaven drinking shots at the roadhouse with the whole gang (Jo, Ellen, Pamela, Ash and so on) having died saving the world yet again and who knows waking up god maybe? Now that's a final scene I can relate to right now

futuregohangirl

[53]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 1

i have an idea that hasnt been thought of yet. i think it would be cool if it ends with maybe sam going evil and i mean evil because he forgets everything and has false memories and dean has to die for him and then he remembers what really happened and what he was but its too late but then sam goes on and has a normal life and maybe marries a girl and maybe dean in his death becomes the new god but he is exactly like the old god god and not the power crazy god and he visits sam once to let him know it wasnt his fault and that he will be waiting in heaven for him and to live out his life. i dont know i just like the idea of him being something great after he dies. flashforward to 20 years later. sam has kids and teaches them how to be a hunter and then he and the kids and his new wife go hunting and it ends with dean a god watching over everyone. and sam living a life keeping it safe on earth and dean keeping it safe in the beyond but they will most likely have a stupid ending.

libra113

[54]Jul 7, 2011
    lostcause78 wrote:
    Indeed

Well as Mentioned a few times I'm on my re-watch of seasons 1-5 for the first time since I got them all on DVD.

Just finished Dark side of the moon, and I gotta tell ya. A final episode of Dean & Sam in heaven drinking shots at the roadhouse with the whole gang (Jo, Ellen, Pamela, Ash and so on) having died saving the world yet again and who knows waking up god maybe? Now that's a final scene I can relate to right now
    Add a part where Sam and Dean walk to a nearby window and see the Impala outside at the end of a road going off into the distance and them looking at each other then the screen fades to black and you got yourself a deal.

lostcause78

[55]Jul 8, 2011
    Excellent, shall we poke the writers to check out this thread?

libra113

[56]Jul 9, 2011
    Nothing I like more than poking writers.

tvtome_xena321

[57]Jul 15, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    lostcause78 wrote:
    Indeed

Add a part where Sam and Dean walk to a nearby window and see the Impala outside at the end of a road going off into the distance and them looking at each other then the screen fades to black and you got yourself a deal.

hehe aww this reminds me 100% about the lost series final with the afterlife, I know alot of people found it cheesy, but it was a good way to bring back as many deceased characters as possible, without it being forced given its the afterlife.

libra113

[58]Jul 15, 2011
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    lostcause78 wrote:
    Indeed

hehe aww this reminds me 100% about the lost series final with the afterlife, I know alot of people found it cheesy, but it was a good way to bring back as many deceased characters as possible, without it being forced given its the afterlife.
    Funny, never saw it.

lostcause78

[59]Jul 15, 2011
    Don't mention the Lost finale here, you'll jinx it!

I was one of the people that were sorely disappointed by it. Not so much the afterlife, it was called almost from season 1, and the most easy way out sure. But the fact that they left SO many unanswered questions was an insult.

And the whole "well we're leaving it up to you the viewer to decide, there has to be some mysteries"...doesn't hold water in the case of lost, they teased way way too much that the answers were to come. They just couldn't wrap it up in my humble opinion, and opted to just ignore it.

anyway back on topic! An afterlife ending in Supernatural isn't as extreme as other shows, we've already seen them dead and their heaven. So it's more of a homecoming than a sad death ending.

libra113

[60]Jul 15, 2011
    Funny if "Supernatural" had ended with season five it would have been in the same boat and I gotta say I don't know anyone who bought (or was happy with) the idea that Dean would go off and play house while Sam suffered in Hell and not do anything about it.

It's okay to leave a few minor issues unexplained but to leave major plot points untouched becasue you bit off more than you can chew is a no-no. I also might add to the bit I did above that the screen has to then go black, we have to hear the Impala start up and drive off and gotta have one last "Wayward Son" or "Back In Black" or something to top it off.