We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

How do you want Supernatural to End?

turrin666

[101]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 1

I think the original intended ending would have been pretty good. Since the big bad was the most relevant to Sam & Dean's character's & I believe the ending of Sam sacrificing himself & overcoming lucifer through his memories of the impala & Dean going to live a normal life due to his promise with Sam was pretty good way for the series to conclude the relationship between the brothers and all the characters involved in general.

So for the end of the series, i would want Sam & Dean to be up against a Big bad that ties to the very first Season & the only potential Big bads that I can think of that fits that bill are Lucifer, God, & Final Sam & Dean Conflict. So I see a coupe good endings possible:

1. If it turns out Sam'shallucinationsare actually the real lucifer speaking to Sam & eventually he manipulates Sam or Dean to opening the cage somehow & remerges as the big bad. But this time Sam & Dean find a way to put him down w/o sacrificing ether of them, than perhaps that would be a good ending to show. Not sure if it would be a better ending the original ending, but it would tie into everything that's happened so far nicely enough & the message of the ending instead of sacrifice for the great good like Swan Song could be avoiding any sacrifices.

2. We could have a scenario where the brothers confront God in the final episode & rather than him being a true big bad they have to kill it's more like them confronting him about how he allows so many people to be killed by the monsters he created. This could be interesting, but I feel it's the weakest of the possible decent endings.

3. Personally the ending that i'm routing for & the one I believe the writers are working towards is the final big bad being Dean & Sam. What I mean by this is that with Sam being a bit insane in the membrane from the wall coming down, fake lucifer's influence, & the divide between him & Dean forming again since Dean killed the Kitsune chick I could see Sam making the wrong decision again like he did in S4 which ends up causing people to get hurt or helpingleviathans come closer to achieving their goals. Meanwhile Dean indicated in the episode that he killed the Kistune chick that he doesn't believe someone can change their nature & once a freak always a freak, So I could see Dean after Sam makes this mistake coming to the painful decision that Sam can never change his nature & Sam is the one he has to defeat. So in the final episodes we would have a scenario where both brothers are misguided & a fight ensues over the fact of whether or not Sam can really change or if history will just keep repeating to thedetermentofthe world & Dean is just being selfish by constantly giving Sam a pass on his actions. In-fact given that there is an episode coming up titled Time After Time, I'm wondering if Sam will begin to go down a dark path yet again in that episode causing Dean to begin to wonder if things are just destined to repeat themselves time after time.

I think this would be a good way to finally bring the brother's relationship to a head & it ties into everything that's happened so far in the story line. On top of that it would giveopportunitiesto give many characters a good conclusion like Bobby & perhaps Castiel appearing to Dean to talk about not giving up on Sam. Also for once Dean's actions will be called into question of whether they are right or wrong, which has an intersting dynamic to it. On top of that I just really think this is the direction this season is headed, considering the circumstances of Castiel's Death was obviously intended to make Dean believe that people can't change & history is just destined to repeat.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[102]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 27
    See I never liked the ending in "Swan Song" and if it had really ended that way I would have been p issed off.

There's no way in Hell (no pun intended) that Dean is going to settle down and have a normal life KNOWING Sam is suffering in Hell. He would defently (and as we found out in season six) be looking for a way to get him back no matter what he said.

I also don't like the idea of bringing Lucifer back. That's old business and it's time to move forward and deal with new business. It might be nice to touch on the entire run of the series in the last episode but not to dredge up past enemies just for the fun of it.

I also think it should either end with them continuing on, business as useal or it should end with then both dead or perhaps with Dean taking over for Bobby and Sam going on alone.

turrin666

[103]Nov 4, 2011
    The reason why it made sense for Dean to settle down w/o trying to raise Sam, is because the brothers have learned that every time they raise the dead it has a negative impact on the world, like starting a chain of events that led up to lucifer's release. That's why Sam made Dean promise not to try & raise him because he knew this all to well. However I have a feeling if that was really the last episode Kripike would have included something that hinted at Sam being lift to heaven by God

libra113

[104]Nov 4, 2011
    turrin666 wrote:
    The reason why it made sense for Dean to settle down w/o trying to raise Sam, is because the brothers have learned that every time they raise the dead it has a negative impact on the world, like starting a chain of events that led up to lucifer's release. That's why Sam made Dean promise not to try & raise him because he knew this all to well. However I have a feeling if that was really the last episode Kripike would have included something that hinted at Sam being lift to heaven by God
    Yeah but they also NEVER learn a lesson hence they keep making the same mistakes over and over again no matter how much they reail against it. Just hard to beleave that he would leave Sam to suffer no matter what the possible consequnece would be.

I also have a hard time beleaving that ANYONE who spent years fighting evil and saving lives could just turn a blind eye to all the evil still in the world and pretend everything was fine and normal.

Of course "Exile on Main Street" shows that he couldn't and the moment he thought something hunt worthy crossed his path his old habits kicked in and he went after it. That's why the likes of Rufus, when they try and get out, withdraw from the outside world so they won't see what's going on and feel compelled to act.

dpebbleson

[105]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 24
    I think that, if "Swan Song" was the finale of the entire show, there wouldn't have been Dean's settling with Lisa. She was hastily reintroduced into S5 because S6 had just been approved; they needed some way out, so that they could continue the story. They also probably wanted to make a parallel between Dean leading a family life and being drawn back to hunter's life.

Without S6, I suppose we would have had Sam sacrifice himself and go to the Cage with Lucifer for eternity; Dean would be left embittered, forever trying to free his brother, and not settling at all.

libra113

[106]Nov 4, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    I think that, if "Swan Song" was the finale of the entire show, there wouldn't have been Dean's settling with Lisa. She was hastily reintroduced into S5 because S6 had just been approved; they needed some way out, so that they could continue the story. They also probably wanted to make a parallel between Dean leading a family life and being drawn back to hunter's life.

Without S6, I suppose we would have had Sam sacrifice himself and go to the Cage with Lucifer for eternity; Dean would be left embittered, forever trying to free his brother, and not settling at all.
    Most likely yes. I still wish they had just ended season five with Dean taking off and hunting on his own rather than trying to settle him down with a former one shot character that outstayed her time.

Oh well. I try not to dwell on what might have been and what should have been and all that. Just be thankful the good parts of what is.

gatoraderising

[107]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:
    turrin666 wrote:
    Yeah but they also NEVER learn a lesson hence they keep making the same mistakes over and over again no matter how much they reail against it. Just hard to beleave that he would leave Sam to suffer no matter what the possible consequnece would be.

I also have a hard time beleaving that ANYONE who spent years fighting evil and saving lives could just turn a blind eye to all the evil still in the world and pretend everything was fine and normal.

Of course "Exile on Main Street" shows that he couldn't and the moment he thought something hunt worthy crossed his path his old habits kicked in and he went after it. That's why the likes of Rufus, when they try and get out, withdraw from the outside world so they won't see what's going on and feel compelled to act.

I think Dean learned has lesson about bringing people back from the dead. Dean was Death for a day and seen the impact that it has when you mess with the natural order of things. On the how the show should end I think it would have been best if it ended after season 5. Maybe change the detail's around a little bit and I doubt Kripike ended season 5 how he wanted to seeing how there was going to be a season 6.

dpebbleson

[108]Nov 4, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Oh well. I try not to dwell on what might have been and what should have been and all that. Just be thankful the good parts of what is.

It could be that we are contemporaries of the show, still too close to it to be somewhat reserved and objective, that we tend to be too critical. Some masterpieces of literature are full of what we usually call continuity errors, out-of-character behaviours, and such, but we still hold them in high regard. Think of all the handy coincidences in Shakespeare's works, or some stuff hard to buy (like Hermione in "Winter's Tale" pretending to be a statue for 20 years or so...).

Plus we often don't see the show in continuity, but episode by episode, so at the moment of criticizing we are not really able to see the whole picture or the plan. What's even worse is that the writers usually react to strong criticisms during the season, so often in the last couple of episodes we get their reactions to the fans, and not the story going as planned. In the modern world the show is indeed written by both writers and the audience. I'm sure the writers always had in mind some audience (perfect or not), but nowadays, they can even learn of the reaction/reception very quickly and act upon it.

I'm sure that after some time has passed, "Supernatural" and the likes will be viewed in somewhat different light.

I remember last season I was very critical of Crowley having so much power. Later on it turned out, much of it was just an illusion, and that he had been working with Castiel. Had I watched the entire season at once, I wouldn't have been critical, or not that much. Naturally, there are still things I don't like, even in hindsight.

We should always bear in mind that we don't really know how the entire season will conclude, and we should do our best to trust the writers, and then judge after an entire season, and see how our impressions have changed.

libra113

[109]Nov 4, 2011
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    turrin666 wrote:

I think Dean learned has lesson about bringing people back from the dead. Dean was Death for a day and seen the impact that it has when you mess with the natural order of things. On the how the show should end I think it would have been best if it ended after season 5. Maybe change the detail's around a little bit and I doubt Kripike ended season 5 how he wanted to seeing how there was going to be a season 6.
    But that was AFTER and there's no way he would let Sam suffer forever regardless of the risks.

libra113

[110]Nov 4, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

It could be that we are contemporaries of the show, still too close to it to be somewhat reserved and objective, that we tend to be too critical. Some masterpieces of literature are full of what we usually call continuity errors, out-of-character behaviours, and such, but we still hold them in high regard. Think of all the handy coincidences in Shakespeare's works, or some stuff hard to buy (like Hermione in "Winter's Tale" pretending to be a statue for 20 years or so...).

Plus we often don't see the show in continuity, but episode by episode, so at the moment of criticizing we are not really able to see the whole picture or the plan. What's even worse is that the writers usually react to strong criticisms during the season, so often in the last couple of episodes we get their reactions to the fans, and not the story going as planned. In the modern world the show is indeed written by both writers and the audience. I'm sure the writers always had in mind some audience (perfect or not), but nowadays, they can even learn of the reaction/reception very quickly and act upon it.

I'm sure that after some time has passed, "Supernatural" and the likes will be viewed in somewhat different light.

I remember last season I was very critical of Crowley having so much power. Later on it turned out, much of it was just an illusion, and that he had been working with Castiel. Had I watched the entire season at once, I wouldn't have been critical, or not that much. Naturally, there are still things I don't like, even in hindsight.

We should always bear in mind that we don't really know how the entire season will conclude, and we should do our best to trust the writers, and then judge after an entire season, and see how our impressions have changed.
    True that. I would also add that sense we're also contributing to the flow of the story that we remember that and use that acess wisely.

dragon9

[111]Nov 4, 2011

I am wondering, who will die? I think Bobby at the very least. Cass is gone but I think he'll be back.

dragon9

[112]Nov 4, 2011

I think that is possible for both brothers to die defending each other, but doubt the producers have the guts for that senario.

dpebbleson

[113]Nov 4, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

True that. I would also add that sense we're also contributing to the flow of the story that we remember that and use that acess wisely.

Indeed, people should think more before posting their first impression, especially when they're overemotional, like being furious about something. I have to count myself into that group sometimes, if I'm to be fair

libra113

[114]Nov 4, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Indeed, people should think more before posting their first impression, especially when they're overemotional, like being furious about something. I have to count myself into that group sometimes, if I'm to be fair
    Hey, we've all been there. I've been on here since sometime in season one and have posted in haste myself, everyone has at one time or another.

Katiki

[115]Nov 6, 2011

Actually. Kripke has said that the season 5 finale was not the ending he would've written had it been the end of the series. Incidentally, Jared spilled the beans (at last Comic Cons's Nerd HQ) that Kripke never even had a five-year plan: he just told the network that in hopes of coaxing them into renewing the show for a couple more years, as in "I have this really great story all planned out and I just need five seasons to tell it." I always thought it was weird he only came up with the idea of introducing angels in the first story meeting of Season 4, if he supposedly had it all mapped out. He didn't, but it became, as Jared said, "a self-fulfilling prophecy." It's the shame though some fans left the show on artistic principle after season 5 because they thought going on past Kripke's sacred five-year plan compromised his creative vision, or whatever, when in reality there was no plan, there was only a ploy, and Kripke himself was quite happy to have the show continue on.

Anyway, my prefered ending would under no circumstance involve driving off a cliff, running into a hail of bullets, or jumping into Satan's cage for an eternity of the most horrible torture no human can even imagine. I would like to see the boys triumph over some great evil, then because there will always be more evil things for them to kill, throw their weapons into the Impala's trunk and say "We've got work to do" and slam the lid. And then drive off in the Metallicar to the score of Highway to Hell. I think that would be a great way to bookend the series.

basenji529

[116]Nov 6, 2011
    • level: 15

I don't think that was supposed to be the ending at all.

But it does make Dean look like a dick. When Dean went to hell, Sam killed every demon he encountered (No, John, you are the demons.) just to get Dean back. Except Ruby because Sam's the intelligent Winchester brother, so he knows demons aren't all evil and can be quite helpful. Fail. When Sam goes to hell, Dean's all "no, I'm too busy with Mary Sue and her little kid who isn't mine but his name means 'son' in Hebrew because the writers like puns*".

*Every little boy named Ben ever is this pun.

libra113

[117]Nov 6, 2011
    Katiki wrote:

Actually. Kripke has said that the season 5 finale was not the ending he would've written had it been the end of the series. Incidentally, Jared spilled the beans (at last Comic Cons's Nerd HQ) that Kripke never even had a five-year plan: he just told the network that in hopes of coaxing them into renewing the show for a couple more years, as in "I have this really great story all planned out and I just need five seasons to tell it." I always thought it was weird he only came up with the idea of introducing angels in the first story meeting of Season 4, if he supposedly had it all mapped out. He didn't, but it became, as Jared said, "a self-fulfilling prophecy." It's the shame though some fans left the show on artistic principle after season 5 because they thought going on past Kripke's sacred five-year plan compromised his creative vision, or whatever, when in reality there was no plan, there was only a ploy, and Kripke himself was quite happy to have the show continue on.

Anyway, my prefered ending would under no circumstance involve driving off a cliff, running into a hail of bullets, or jumping into Satan's cage for an eternity of the most horrible torture no human can even imagine. I would like to see the boys triumph over some great evil, then because there will always be more evil things for them to kill, throw their weapons into the Impala's trunk and say "We've got work to do" and slam the lid. And then drive off in the Metallicar to the score of Highway to Hell. I think that would be a great way to bookend the series.

See the moment he started talking about that stupid five year plan that was exactly what I said was going to happen and it's a shame becasue season five really needed to spread out over seasons five and six and if they hadn't been so pig headed by five years they could have.

The only issue I had with season five was stuff wasn't devloped properly, the stories seemed all over the map and everything was quick, quick, quick. You could tell they were rushing to deal with the main story AND doing their 'last chance to do' stories which is how we end up with dumb ass stuff like the Trickster being an angel or the all powerful Anti-Christ who is so cruical for one episode then vanishes never to be mentioned again. If they had taken two seasons they could have had the Trickster back without feeling like he had to be an angel to justify his showing up again AND we could have fully explored and properly delt with the Anti-Christ child and everything else.

What a shame, sometimes you can too clever for your own good.

libra113

[118]Nov 6, 2011
    I tried to edit my last post and it didn't work so I did this.

I wanted to add that I like the 'treat it like any other episode' ending where they just keep on going. There's no sense in killing everyone off, or in contriving some happy 'normal life' ending. Just end it with them keeping on. It's what they always do anyway.

LalaDrake

[119]Nov 7, 2011

personally, I think that Sam was meant to die since season 5 finale

but also killing them will depend on the story... I like to think that the show will end up with both of them living... Dean ending up like Bobby but maybe get married alone and Sam with a family raising his kids as hunters

LalaDrake

[120]Nov 7, 2011
    oops... i tried to edit but didn't work
    i said "maybe get married alone" i meant maybe will get married but end up alone