Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

I figured out Dean's ring

Tawrens

[1]May 17, 2006
    • level: 7

Looking through the screencaps at supernatural.tv and came across this in the home screencaps:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/home/wmplayer%202005-11-16%2020-58-06-18.jpg

Two rings.

Now check out John's in Dead Mans Blood:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/deadmansblood/wmplayer%202006-04-21%2021-03-23-19.jpg

and Salvation:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/salvation/wmplayer%202006-05-01%2017-27-32-99.jpg

Maybe the two rings were his parents wedding rings. He gave John his back but kept his mother's which he probably had resized to fit him.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sams1ra

[2]May 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    Tawrens wrote:

Looking through the screencaps at supernatural.tv and came across this in the home screencaps:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/home/wmplayer%202005-11-16%2020-58-06-18.jpg

Two rings.

Now check out John's in Dead Mans Blood:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/deadmansblood/wmplayer%202006-04-21%2021-03-23-19.jpg

and Salvation:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/salvation/wmplayer%202006-05-01%2017-27-32-99.jpg

Maybe the two rings were his parents wedding rings. He gave John his back but kept his mother's which he probably had resized to fit him.

But in "Home" Dean has the two rings, and John has his wedding ring on (the last couple of minutes at the end). So I don't think that's it. I think the ring is just JA's and is unrelated to the story. The damn necklace, however, is totally killing me! Damn you Kripke, you said it was important, must you keep us in the dark about that?

ayumidah

[3]May 17, 2006

Yeah I had the same theory but Dean's ring is a man's I think, and though I thought at first maybe it was Mary's too, I've changed my mind on that.

Also,

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/home/wmplayer%202005-11-16%2021-27-13-26.jpg

John had his ring on then in Home so even though Dean HAD two rings on, John didn't see the boys and Dean couldn't give it to him, so they're just his rings.
    Edited on 05/17/2006 10:54pm

MissAJ

[4]May 18, 2006
    This was all figured out in the Jensen Ackles forum Deans ring is a spinner which fits with the fact that Jensen is a fidgety person.

Tawrens

[5]May 18, 2006
    I don't know maybe Dean left his dad's behind at Missouri's for some reason? Dealing with being home and dad not responding to his overly emotional (For Dean!) call maybe he was mad at him and left behind as if to say he wasn't honoring his father anymore. As for it being a man's ring both rings look the same and my wedding ring looks exactly like Dean's except it's in gold. It was copied after my mother's ring who wanted a simple but elegant ring to honor marrying the man who she considered her true love. Funny that after 22 years of being a widower John's still wearing is ring as a sign of faithfulness to a wife long dead. Most women see the wedding ring and think taken and move on without bothering the man. Maybe Sam ain't the only one in need of female companionship or as Dean put it he needed to get laid. LOL

ayumidah

[6]May 18, 2006

Hmm... a spinner ring... cool

John I don't think would do well with a second woman. I mean, for like 20+ years, his whole life has been getting vengeance on his wife's murderer, he'd probably feel a lot of guilt over that if he "tried to replace her". JMO
    Edited on 05/17/2006 11:51pm

brighette

[7]May 18, 2006
    • level: 15

I'm pretty sure the ring is JA's - I saw a picture of him, and he's wearing it. You can see the pic HERE

avell10

[8]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    Just had a thought!
    Maybe Deans necklace (as nobody seems to be able to tell for sure what it is) is their mothers melted wedding ring

fallinangelz21

[9]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 4

Yeah, that ring is Jensen's. He wears it all the time.

Interesting theory, though.

sciencegeek51

[10]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    fallinangelz21 wrote:

Yeah, that ring is Jensen's. He wears it all the time.

Interesting theory, though.

but I noticed that he was not wearing it at the WB/CW shindig.... so what gives?

fallinangelz21

[11]Jun 1, 2006

sciencegeek51 wrote:

but I noticed that he was not wearing it at the WB/CW shindig.... so what gives?

He takes it off sometimes?

sciencegeek51

[12]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    fallinangelz21 wrote:

sciencegeek51 wrote:

lets not get logical, here....

fallinangelz21

[13]Jun 1, 2006
    sciencegeek51 wrote:
    fallinangelz21 wrote:

sciencegeek51 wrote:

LOL, I know, right? Where's the fun in that?

historylover20

[14]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 28
    sciencegeek51 wrote:
    fallinangelz21 wrote:

sciencegeek51 wrote:

Logical? Us? Never!

I've heard the spinner ring thing as well. I also heard that JA has a piece of jewelry to remember a good friend that was killed by a drunk driver. Some of his friends got tattoos to remember this friend; Jensen got a piece of jewelry, because he was starting to get acting jobs and didn't want a tattoo. Maybe the jewelry is that ring????

Mary's ring being melted down to form Dean's necklace? I love it! We're all fanwanking that it's a protection amulet (and Kripke said in an interview that it's important). I love that idea!!!!!!

Kat

Telmer08

[15]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hey, I thought that i could put this on this forum, as well as the one about Dean's necklace. Many people don't know what his necklace is either.... but if you go to the topic titled Jensen Ackles in Smallville...go to post #18 and read the very last fact... it says that his most prised possession is his necklace that he made in memory of a friend, killed by a drunk driver. Maybe that is the same necklace that he wears in Supernatural... I'll try to find a solid answer and get bac to you guys!!!!!

historylover20

[16]Jun 2, 2006
    Telmer08 wrote:
    Hey, I thought that i could put this on this forum, as well as the one about Dean's necklace. Many people don't know what his necklace is either.... but if you go to the topic titled Jensen Ackles in Smallville...go to post #18 and read the very last fact... it says that his most prised possession is his necklace that he made in memory of a friend, killed by a drunk driver. Maybe that is the same necklace that he wears in Supernatural... I'll try to find a solid answer and get bac to you guys!!!!!

As sams1ra said on the pendant forum, Kripke has said that the necklace is special. And Jensen doesn't wear the necklace off the set (but he wears the ring).

But, it's probably as good of a guess as the ones we're coming up with.

Kat

Lucey

[17]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 16
    I have a promise ring that I wear pretty much everywhere except to certain functions. Sometimes it just doesn't go w/ what I'm wearing or something like that. He might have just taken it off to get it cleaned or something (which I do every once in a while). Just some theories.

nevermore7

[18]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    Um...excuse my ignorance...What's a spinner ring?

historylover20

[19]Jun 3, 2006
    If I understand right, it's a ring that has a looser ring inside of it (so you don't lose it). That looser ring turns or spins. It's good for restless people.

I want one. Not because Jensen wears one but because I'm very restless and am very fidgity. It would help.

Kat

brighette

[20]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 15
    I don't have an official spinner ring, but I am constantly twisting mine regardless. When I clean it and forget to put it on, I'm a basketcase for the rest of the day until I get home and put it on