Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

I miss the PIPs

taxcat11

[1]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 5

No not Gladys Knight's gang - the people in peril. Does anybody else miss Sam & Dean just helping out the regular people?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 27
    taxcat11 wrote:

No not Gladys Knight's gang - the people in peril. Does anybody else miss Sam & Dean just helping out the regular people?

Hadn't really noticed or given it thought. Still isn't stopping something that's killing people (like the amazons last week) saving people in peril, even if Sam and Dean don't have direct contact with the people? Do they have to have a specific person (other than themselves) in danger for it to count? Becasue pretty much every episode invovles stopping something that's killing people with or without the personal contact.

taxcat11

[3]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 5
    It is the personal contact that gives satisfaction. Donating blood to a blood bank may be saving someone's life. Knowing who is getting the blood and what it means to them is far more rewarding. The act is exactly the same but the experience of it is very different. It is in our nature to be able to focus on the individual much better than a group.

libra113

[4]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 27

Just wondering. Because they're still saving lives we just don't really get to see who. Still, a lot of the time when they TRIED to save someone they died anyway and we got one of them being all emotional and the other reminding them that they can't save everyone so....

smegmag

[5]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 4
    Yeah, it hasn't been a problem for me and besides there have been pips--off the top of my head S7 had Sheriff Mills from the Leviathans in HCW, the parolled muderer in DYL, the warlock's secretary in SUDP, Melanie and Camille in TM, the CEO'S wife and Becky in S7TFAW,and Chrissy and her dad in AIB. Also just from the promos this week's ep seems to involve pips.

basenji529

[6]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 15

I actually called Gladys Knight's band Gladys and the Pimps when I was a kid.