Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

If Season 3 was a full season...

JoeWashington8

[1]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 9

How different would the show be if Season 3 was a full 22-episode season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 27
    Well, as I understand it the original plan was for Sam to embrase his demonic power and use it to save Dean. Therefore Dean wouldn't have died and gone to Hell. We PROBABLY wouldn't have Cas or the angels (but we still might). As for the whole seals, Lucifer, etc... part of the story. Some say that was always part of the plan others say it was tacked on later. Who knows?

jack756

[3]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 14

it would b a different season probbley alot better for some fans but i love season 3 the way it is..

libra113

[4]Dec 24, 2010
    I don't neccisairly have any issues with what we got of season three (other than writing Bela out that is) I just would have liked to have MORE of it.

That said IF getting the full season means that angels and espically Cas wouldn't have been invented then I will take it as is. However, if we could have both I would take that.

tvtome_xena321

[5]Dec 30, 2010
    Well if it were a full season, we'd have gotten to see Ellen return for a few episodes, probably the only downside to the strike. I didn't hate season 3, other than removing Bela from the show and not seeing Ellen return. So I suppose I dislike the casting/character decisions not the story lines in general.

CourtenayBush

[6]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 1
    I didn't have any problem with the way the season was made either. I really enjoyed it the way it was made. I also find there was enough interest to make it seem just as long as the 22 episode seasons. If Dean never went to hell for example, it wouldn't have been as climactic.

ScareyKitty

[7]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 5

libra113 wrote:
    I don't neccisairly have any issues with what we got of season three (other than writing Bela out that is) I just would have liked to have MORE of it. That said IF getting the full season means that angels and espically Cas wouldn't have been invented then I will take it as is. However, if we could have both I would take that.

I have to agree with all the abovea nd, oh, how I would have enjoyed an episode with the "angry sex"! lol

I would also have liked Dean and Sam to save Bella as I would have enjoyed some cameo appearances in later seasons (just loved the vibes between her and Dean ). Besides the cause of her selling her soul seemed understandable to me and she deserved a chance for the boys to find out the real reason why she did it.

Dean would still have to go to Hell of course because I couldn't lose "lazarus rising". I rewatch it too often! lol

Edited on 01/30/2011 3:59am

libra113

[8]Jan 30, 2011
    Well, that's kinda the trade off. As I understand it the original season plan would have ended with Sam embrasing his powers and saving Dean from his deal.

Than means no Hell and I can assume no angels or Cas. Now IF we could have both that would be great, if not then I will take it as it happened.

basenji529

[9]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 15

Ah, what might have been.

Although usually we end up with reality being just as well. Really, there wasn't an insane Power Rangers Turbo-style shakeup of things, so it could've been a lot worse.

libra113

[10]Jan 30, 2011

Well, think of this:

Dean doesn't go to Hell so he CAN'T have broken the first seal. So the seals aren't an issue (or at least aren't the issue they are now), which begs the question: What was the point of the demon army originally? What was the plan before the angels, the seals and Lucifer where brought in?

And even stranger than that: If you go back and look at seasons 1-3 (presumably before all that was thought up) the whole story STILL tracks as close to perfectly as humanly possible. I mean REALLY Yellow Eyes will say something about his plans and it will fall into place perfectly.

Edited on 01/30/2011 2:30pm

basenji529

[11]Jan 31, 2011

Dean probably still would've gone to hell. It's really important to them that both brothers are responsible for the end of the world.

libra113

[12]Jan 31, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

Dean probably still would've gone to hell. It's really important to them that both brothers are responsible for the end of the world.

But that wasn't the original plan.

If the season had run it's full length Sam would have given in to Ruby and learned to use his demonic powers and then used thoes powers to save Dean from his deal. Then he would have been in so deep he would have been lost and turned evil.

At least that's how it was described. The only reason they didn't do that is it was felt there weren't enough episodes left to sell the idea that Sam was so disheartend by all the failaurs that he would give in so they went with what we saw.

RachelleMcAdams

[13]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 11

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

But that wasn't the original plan. If the season had run it's full length Sam would have given in to Ruby and learned to use his demonic powers and then used thoes powers to save Dean from his deal. Then he would have been in so deep he would have been lost and turned evil. At least that's how it was described. The only reason they didn't do that is it was felt there weren't enough episodes left to sell the idea that Sam was so disheartend by all the failaurs that he would give in so they went with what we saw.

I would preferred that or at least Dean coming back from hell to find out that Sam isn't the same man he loved and sacrificed himself for. You think being under the influence of a demon would make him start to act like them just like how the special children became self driven monsters I would liked to see Sam actually gofull on dark side

Edited on 01/31/2011 5:06pm

libra113

[14]Jan 31, 2011
    Well he was pretty messed up when Dean showed up, maybe not full on evil but was pretty dark and twisted and, as we found out later, crossed some very creepy lines (having sex with a demon and perhaps even worse drinking demon blood).

I guess we will never see him full on evil becasue the Samgirls wouldn't stand for it (at least not for long), oh well.

RachelleMcAdams

[15]Feb 1, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Well he was pretty messed up when Dean showed up, maybe not full on evil but was pretty dark and twisted and, as we found out later, crossed some very creepy lines (having sex with a demon and perhaps even worse drinking demon blood).

I guess we will never see him full on evil becasue the Samgirls wouldn't stand for it (at least not for long), oh well.

What would be full on evil to you and would you liked to see him like that for sometime?

libra113

[16]Feb 1, 2011
    Well I had this image of him being not unlike the way he was when possessed by Lucifer in both "The End" and "Swan Song" but maybe on his own instead of under the influence of another. I also had this idea of him taking off and Dean and Cas working together to get him back or stop him.

JoshSutton

[18]Feb 2, 2011
    So Ruby wasn't originally around to help free Lucifer? What the hell was she originally there for?!

RachelleMcAdams

[19]Feb 2, 2011
    JoshSutton wrote:
    So Ruby wasn't originally around to help free Lucifer? What the hell was she originally there for?!

She was around to manipulate Sam to free Lucifer what are you talking about?

libra113

[20]Feb 2, 2011
    I THINK they're talking about the original plan. I have no idea if the original plan had the seals and Lucifer in it but if not I can assume she was originally there to make Sam go darkside and lead the demon army himself (as originally stated before Lucifer was brought into things).