Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

If Season 3 was a full season...

basenji529

[21]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 15

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

Dean probably still would've gone to hell. It's really important to them that both brothers are responsible for the end of the world.

But that wasn't the original plan. If the season had run it's full length Sam would have given in to Ruby and learned to use his demonic powers and then used thoes powers to save Dean from his deal. Then he would have been in so deep he would have been lost and turned evil. At least that's how it was described. The only reason they didn't do that is it was felt there weren't enough episodes left to sell the idea that Sam was so disheartend by all the failaurs that he would give in so they went with what we saw.

Yeah, I guess it still makes both brothers responsible.

I actually like this version better. It's more dramatic this way.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 27
    Well yeah and it also allows for the insertion of Cas, the angels and all that stuff that (as far as I've heard) weren't part of the original plan but a great addition.

ssfan12

[23]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 2

they were going to go into the boys mom being a hunter and her family. earlier in the season i think ruby had mentioned there was more to her then the boys knew, but then it was a shortened season. there probably would have been more focus on that part of the story, the exploration of her character. rather then the one episode in season 4. kripke stated this, so this would have happened, other then that i dont know. its impossible to know what path would have led to a better supernatural. i wasnt a huge fan of the angels and biblical turn but it worked. no point in thinking about what could have been

zekans337

[24]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 5

I loved season 3, I think if I had to choose it would go Season 4 > Season 5 > Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 1 in order of awesomeness.

The only show which really got messed up by the writers strike was Heroes - the original plan for heroes was **** fantastic and Kring decided to scrap it like a fool!

tvtome_xena321

[25]Feb 16, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    I THINK they're talking about the original plan. I have no idea if the original plan had the seals and Lucifer in it but if not I can assume she was originally there to make Sam go darkside and lead the demon army himself (as originally stated before Lucifer was brought into things).

I thought Lucifer was always intended to appear, why else with the mention in sin city.

libra113

[26]Feb 16, 2011
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    I THINK they're talking about the original plan. I have no idea if the original plan had the seals and Lucifer in it but if not I can assume she was originally there to make Sam go darkside and lead the demon army himself (as originally stated before Lucifer was brought into things).

I thought Lucifer was always intended to appear, why else with the mention in sin city.
    Well, I was talking about even before that like back in season one or two.

dpebbleson

[27]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

I read an interview with Kripke where he states that original plan was something like this: there was this demon (Azazel) who has a master-plan, he releases the other higher demon (Lilith) who finishes the endgame of releasing Lucifer.

So releasing Lucifer was planned from the start. Why else would Azazel promise to Jake rewards in basically the same fashion in which Ruby promised rewards to Sam at the moment of Lucifer's release. Because the rewards were coming from the same source.

tvtome_xena321

[28]Feb 21, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Oh sorry misread you, nope I doubt they planned it that early. They probaly only laided out the groundwork back then, and only focused on YED, but I bet they didn't even know when they'd kill him off until midway through season 2, when the psychic kids story didn't work.