Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Is going to S12 too long for the show to keep its edge

libra113

[21]May 17, 2012
    • level: 27

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

libra113 wrote:

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

(Unless the two leads decide they want to quit) it looks like Season 8 will not be the Final Season, at least if it's up to the President of TheCW.

The show's also moving to Wednesday Nights next year at 9pm. Following Arrow.

I just heard of "Arrow" today but I'm veryinterested. I always liked Green Arrow, the real one not the one on "Smallville" that is.

Ha, I actually got into the Green Arrow after watching Smallville. and was a bit disspointed when I found out it wasn't a spin off..considering the fan base would've already been there. But I'm also excited for the "reboot" of the character last seen on the Network about a year ago lol.

Well, the CW character wasn't really that faithful to the comics. His personality was all wrong (he's more of an aging hippie type, I know they're not going to make him that old but theextremeleft wing personality is a central part of his character). If you want an idea what he should be like check out the animated "Justice League Unlimited" series. He's right on the spot in that. InterestinglyBlack Canary is slated to be played by none other than the original Ruby.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvtome_xena321

[22]May 18, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:

I'm not so sure the actors would really be willing to stick around for 12 years, as much as I like it, they have already killed off dozen of characters, 5 more years seems way too much to be honest. The ratings are no way going to be able to hold on another 5 years, sadly it will most likely reach just 1 million or lower if it went that long. I don't even think it really needs 23 or 24 episodes as rumored, I prefer quality over quantity any day, there's always a number of episodes each year that are filler, but I'll admit Marathon on DVD, you enjoy them more.

On another note, rumors of the show moving out of Friday to Wednesday paired with Arrow have surfaced. Would it fair alright against two reality show's Survivor and X Factor I wonder.

Well, it only had about that amount for first several years the show was on so it would be a kind ofsymmetryfor it to widdle down to the same hardcord base that saw it through it's early run.

Not only have I not heard the Wednesday night thing I've never heard of "Arrow". Dare I hope it's got something to do with Green Arrow (the comic book character and not whatever they were doing with him on "Smallville").

aww true

from the previews Arrow looks like it has more action and I watch Nikita, and it seems like its got that kinda feel, I do wonder if its going to be less sci-fi/fantasy more action, so we wont be seeing anything really supernatural in it, like magic and creatures. I am excited for it, and nice to see Katie Cassidy back, and we can see her on-screen for more than one year, given her track record of sticking around a show for one year, or its canned after one year lol kidding

But I've never really been a fan of Superman, I only watched the tv shows and never read the comic books properly. I am a fan of Green Arrow the comic, since I just prefer superheros who do not have actual powers, and Oliver is human, not that I dislike superheros with powers. So I'm very excited and hope this show is a hit.

libra113

[23]May 18, 2012

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:

I'm not so sure the actors would really be willing to stick around for 12 years, as much as I like it, they have already killed off dozen of characters, 5 more years seems way too much to be honest. The ratings are no way going to be able to hold on another 5 years, sadly it will most likely reach just 1 million or lower if it went that long. I don't even think it really needs 23 or 24 episodes as rumored, I prefer quality over quantity any day, there's always a number of episodes each year that are filler, but I'll admit Marathon on DVD, you enjoy them more.

On another note, rumors of the show moving out of Friday to Wednesday paired with Arrow have surfaced. Would it fair alright against two reality show's Survivor and X Factor I wonder.

Well, it only had about that amount for first several years the show was on so it would be a kind ofsymmetryfor it to widdle down to the same hardcord base that saw it through it's early run.

Not only have I not heard the Wednesday night thing I've never heard of "Arrow". Dare I hope it's got something to do with Green Arrow (the comic book character and not whatever they were doing with him on "Smallville").

aww true from the previews Arrow looks like it has more action and I watch Nikita, and it seems like its got that kinda feel, I do wonder if its going to be less sci-fi/fantasy more action, so we wont be seeing anything really supernatural in it, like magic and creatures. I am excited for it, and nice to see Katie Cassidy back, and we can see her on-screen for more than one year, given her track record of sticking around a show for one year, or its canned after one year lol kidding But I've never really been a fan of Superman, I only watched the tv shows and never read the comic books properly. I am a fan of Green Arrow the comic, since I just prefer superheros who do not have actual powers, and Oliver is human, not that I dislike superheros with powers. So I'm very excited and hope this show is a hit.
    Yeah, I'm kind of hoping they will take the "Longbow Hunters" approch and have him make trick shots with real arrows without resorting to all the trick arrows.

Some of the trick arrows are okay but there's a point where they can kind of get silly and they need to walk that line very carefully.

As for Ollie's personality I hope they keep that in tact but it would also be really good if they did in the comics and pair him with someone from the other side so they can debate issues arising from the story.

nhcool_007

[24]May 18, 2012
    • level: 8

Well I think 10 season would be perfect. 12 definitely sounds long.

With Jeremy carver and Robert Singer back on board and Ben Edlund awesome as ever, I think we could see te show going till 10.

I love this show and want it to end on a high note. I know some think that season 5 should have been the end, but personally I'm very happy it has gone on till now. Personally I never made big deal about Kripke leaving. Edlund and Carverepisodesalways captured me the most.

Edited on 05/18/2012 4:04pm

libra113

[25]May 18, 2012

nhcool_007 wrote:

With Jeremy carver and Robert Singer back on board and Ben Edlund awesome as ever, I think we could see te show going till 10.

I love this show and want it to end on a high note. I know some think that season 5 should have been the end, but personally I'm very happy it has gone on till now. Personally I never made big deal about Kripke leaving. Edlund and Carverepisodesalways captured me the most.

Yeah, the end of season five was far from satisfactory, at least to me. The idea that Dean would just leave Sam in the cage and live happily ever after with some random chick and her whelp is just too much to believe.

tvtome_xena321

[26]Jul 11, 2012
    nhcool_007 wrote:

I kinda would prefer it to end on a high, I'd even settle for it to end after season 8. 12 seasons is just way too many, Jensen and Jared I doubt would want to stick around that long. I do think the end is coming, either season 8 or 9. But CW seems to have a habit of keeping shows around forever, so I can see 10 seasons happening. But quality over quantity always. A show is never defined by how long it runs, but by how good the show's storylines are. So part of me wants it to end on a high and after season 8 or 9 for sure.