Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Is the Apocalypse... (possible spoilers)

Beecharm3r2

[1]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 8
    Is the Apocalypse still going on?

I know Lucifer is in the Pit but did the show ever establish that it would DEFINITELY make the apocalypse come to a stop? I have some theories about this...that might be stupid but whatever. Here they are:

1) The intro for Season 6 - shattered glass and a beating heart beat. Season 5 had a beating heartbeat (and blood) too. Beating heartbeats must be in the intro for a reason...right? I don't see the show picking it just as a random thing considering each and every other season had a different intro. As soon as I saw it I came up with the theory of the apocalypse still going on.

2) Creatures/villains. Djinns - appearing as humans? That's new. Plus the Alphas, weird yes, but they hinted at the Alpha Shapeshifter might have a bigger plan and I got the feeling from the episode he might come back. 3) Ressurrections. Sam from Hell, Samuel from Heaven...I'm sure there could be others out there too. More weird stuff and in S4 they established that nothing can pull someone from Hell except an Angel so I'm guessing either Sammy's got a hand print on his butt or God did it. Why would Samuel Campbell be resurrected as well. Hunters being brought back to life? Well I'm guessing the planet is low on hunters so it could be as simple as that.

4) The Campbells - more hunters and more ties to the boys. Maybe more Campbells are alive. I'm thinking...Mary? That would be interesting. (and I suspect its either her or John on the phone to Samuel at the end of the Two and a Half men episode).

5) Angels - in the promo for this week it shows Castiel telling the boys that angels have stolen a weapon from Heaven. Angels going crazy and taking super-powerful weapons to wreak havoc...sounds kinda apocalyptic to me.

6) Kripke never said "Supernatural will done with the apocalypse" did he? If my memory is right, he said HE would be done with the apocalypse but then, he's not in charge anymore. Gamble is the one calling the shots (and can do anything) so maybe it was Kripke messing with us.

7) Plagues - Locusts of the biblical variety seem to be swarming about in the upcoming episode. That seems pretty serious to me. :0)

Of course these are just ideas and I have no idea where the Horsemen would fit in, if at all, or what's going to happen to Lucifer or if he appears again. But I kind of hope the apocalypse is still going on so we can see some weirdness that's a direct result of it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 27
    It's possible. It's also possible that even with the end of the world offically off that so much had already happened that it tossed the supernatural world into choas and messed with the order of things.

Kind of fits with the whole thing about where all monsters come from, the Alphas and the idea of there being rules and where did these rules come from and how do they work?

I'm starting to think that like gravity or whatever the rules are just part of nature and the very nature of the supernatural world is out of kilter and it's allowing stuff like Djinn to hide has humans (although nothing was ever said that they couldn't before just that they didn't and sometimes to find victims they would kinda have to), allowing Sam and Sam to be back (and maybe more). The world is broken and now it must be repaired or at least slapped together with duct tape.

WCSU1987

[3]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 3

I have sort of been thinking the same thing. With the possibility that Season 5 was just the start and this is the climax. Another thought was like you said everything is in disarray. God can not return back to Heaven and there is trouble in paradise. God brought Sam back and someone else brought Gramps back for another purpose. See where it goes.

libra113

[4]Oct 8, 2010
    It's kind of like with everything that went on breaking Lucifer out and after it's broken down the natural laws of things and reality is falling apart to the point that the old rules no longer apply. Which is pretty cool and smart becasue they can toss the rulebook and have fun doing the unexpected.

dannyta2

[5]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 6
    nahhhhhh

libra113

[6]Oct 12, 2010
    Nahhhhh? Nahhhh what?

Beecharm3r2

[7]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 8
    Yeah maybe bringing Samuel (grampa Campbell) back and all the chaos with the angels is a backup plan or something for Lucifer.