Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Lack of exorcisms

WraithTDK

[1]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 11
    Has anyone else noticed that they never attempt exorcisms any more? They used to care about saving the host, now it's just stabby-stabby. What's with that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Noremac39

[2]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 1

Exorcisms mean the demon can always come back eventually.

libra113

[3]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 27

That and I think both Sam and Dean have become somewhat more hard in the last few years. It's kind of sad but given everything they've been through it's not totally surprising that they work more toward efficiency and finality over compassion. Besides how many times as ademon's return come back to bite them in the backside?

sinjaceheroes

[4]Apr 17, 2013
    • level: 14

Well, there must be ways of trapping demons in devil traps and then disposing of them, but that's too easy. I think they mostly let it pass as, "we have seen most times the demons have caused irreparable damage to the hosts and they will die anyways when the demon is taken out." but I think its mostly B.S.

It does make the bros seem apathetic. I mean, you bet your butts that if another possessed child comes into play, they won't feel so staby-lovey.

libra113

[5]Apr 20, 2013
    • level: 27

sinjaceheroes wrote:

Well, there must be ways of trapping demons in devil traps and then disposing of them, but that's too easy. I think they mostly let it pass as, "we have seen most times the demons have caused irreparable damage to the hosts and they will die anyways when the demon is taken out." but I think its mostly B.S.

It does make the bros seem apathetic. I mean, you bet your butts that if another possessed child comes into play, they won't feel so staby-lovey.

Yeah, pretty good bet they would draw the line there. As I said they've become harder over the years and all the stuff they've been through so they're not so concerned with saving possessed people as they used to be. A hard life makes hard people is all I can say I guess.