Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Odd things that make you think of Supernatural

EveningPrimrose

[1]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 5

I beg pardon if this wasn't an appropriate thread to start.  It kind of dovetails the "obsession" thread, but it is, I think, actually quite different because this could happen to anyone who watches the show - not just to us obsessed ones!

OK - here's the topic - have you "bumped into" odd things in your everyday life that make your mind go directly to Supernatural?  (To the show, not to "the supernatural")

Like this:

A couple of weeks ago, my husband told me he was headed to Grand Junction, Colorado for something for his work.  I had to laugh because in my head, I could hear Dean saying that they were just outside of Grand Junction in Wendigo.

Then, on his way driving to Grand Junction, he stopped and got me a digital camera.  I got the credit card statement the other day and I did a double take when I saw that he had bought the camera in Lawrence, Kansas!!  He doesn't watch the show, so it was totally a coincidence.  Of course you know what I thought of when I saw that on my statement!

Anyone else had this kind of thing happen?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 28
    Cool!

Since I live near Lawrence, KS, I always hear about the town and see KU shirts and everything. But, now, I always think about Supernatural when I see that.

I'm a bad Kansan! But, I'm a good Supernatural fan!

Kat

ciara99

[3]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    oh boy, i had a lot of odd things happen to me this weekend and i was just waiting to post them on a thread!

ok i was watching the Simpsons and at the end during the credits "Don't Fear The Reaper" was playing!

i was watching Nanny 911 (oh what a dumb show) and there was a little boy name Sammy

i was watching the movie Cats and Dogs on TBS and there was a dog named Sam

i was watching Life with Derek (another dumb show) and theres this teenager named Sam

i saw the name Dean in quite a few credits this weekend

AND i was flippping through the channels and on Lizzie McGuire Lizzie said "Hello? Captain obvious!"

and this is all true! it was such a SN weekend

Lucey

[4]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    I was going to get my car's oil changed at the dealership and someone had just traded a little chevy impala in. The year was close to the Metallicars. It was either a '69 or a '70 and I was like all over that thing. The guy that changed my oil thought I was insane.
    Edited on 06/18/2006 2:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sifichick

[5]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 14

Crossing over from the Obsessed thread... already posted there

Saw the 07 Impala, heart wrenched for Dean and his baby.  And when I got home from work tonight... (yes I work on Sundays too)  There was a wall light sconce flickering 'demonically' in the hallway.  It was only one and it was right outside an apartment.  (I know it's kinda reaching and everything) but other than that I always have one lobe on my obsessions and the other on whatever I'm supposed to be doing... So... Then there's the whole... nah, I won't get into that y'all 're gonna think I'm nuts.

Sifi.

ciara99

[6]Jun 18, 2006
    who says we already dont? just kidding, im right there with ya.

sifichick

[7]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    ciara99 wrote:
    who says we already dont? just kidding, im right there with ya.

That's "cause we're freaks" and thanx.

Sifi.

fierfactor

[8]Jun 18, 2006

Actually, pretty much everything somehow reminds me of Supernatural, but here's a few things that happened to me today:  I went to a restaurant/gift shop and there were little packets of Bloody Mary for sale.  Also, I'm reading this book called The Pact right now, which deals with a suicide or murder (that's kinda what the book is about....figuring out what really happened) and the weapon used was a Colt!  Oh, and I have a little tradition every Sunday morning to look at the first page of the USA Weekend to see what celebrities have birthdays this week, so I opened it up and smack dab on the middle of the page was a picture of Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  One last thing......my dad's new favorite thing to say is "Bite me"......I don't think you need further explaining on that one!

mandobabe07

[9]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 4

Wow. Many things remind me of Supernatural. Just last night I was watching The Brothers Grimm and it reminded me of SN. But when I think about it, it had very little to do with SN, except for the fact that it was two brothers (ahem... two incredibly cute brothers- Heath Ledger and Matt Damon- it's surprising how much they look alike with the right makeup) who investigate an enchanted forest. But it still made me think of SN. Then there was this whole thing with my car where it died, but when I put the key in the ignition, it would growl at me. Seriously. But it's fixed now (yay for daddies who fix cars!). And then, on St. Patrick's Day (yes, I am going back in time) my friend, my sister and I went to IHOP. No particular reason. And in walks this young-looking (and extremely tall, actually) priest. We all freaked out (happy- freaking out- if that makes any sense). But yeah.

Oh, and almost any time someone says "bite me", I think "no, bite her. Just don't leave teeth marks"

Catbeist

[10]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 9

I was at work today...and there was this kid that I walked by, and he reminded me of someone, but I didn't figure out who... When the kid came to the register I finally got it... He looked exactly like the older brother from Something Wicked... THAT made me think of supernatural

sciencegeek51

[11]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    Driving home and seeing that the trip meter is reading 66.6, laughing manically and speeding up a little so you can get back and post it on the forum..... I'd get a life, but this is more fun....

ciara99

[12]Jun 19, 2006
    Definetly!

rhindon67

[13]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    I immediately thought of you guys and this thread when I was sitting behind a truck in traffic that had two stickers on it that reminded me of Supernatural.  The first said Asylum and had a sailboat or something on it.  The second just said Firefighters.

Tigergal005

[14]Jun 19, 2006

I was going to post this earlier, but I didn't know where to. A couple weeks ago, I was in a warehouse store (Sam's, or Costco), and I was in the book section. I was peering at the different titles, and then I saw it-on the top shelve, written in red (and yellow, I believe) "Winchester Guns"...boy was I grinning. And I love it when I see a black Impala close to the same year as Dean's.. My sister showed me a clip from SNL a couple of years ago. It was that one that had the Blue Oyster Cult practicing the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" and I guess they needed more cowbell (hilarious, by the way)-I loved it. Almost forgot about this one (actually had to edit this one after I posted it), I was watching Cheaper by the Dozen this weekend when it was playing on TBS..Not only does it have Tom Welling in it, but it also has Jared-I actually didn't remember he was in it, and when I saw him (as the bully) I couldn't stop grinning, especially when him and Tom's character were about to get in a fight. The whole time they were arguing, I was thinking this:

"My show definitely gets better ratings than yours."-Tom

"Oh yeah-well not only do we get good ratings, we get Jensen"- Jared

"Hm..well, you would be right about that one..can we call it a tie?"-Tom

Edited on 06/19/2006 6:33pm

historylover20

[15]Jun 19, 2006
    Tigergal005 wrote:
    I was going to post this earlier, but I didn't know where to. A couple weeks ago, I was in a warehouse store (Sam's, or Costco), and I was in the book section. I was peering at the different titles, and then I saw it-on the top shelve, written in red (and yellow, I believe) "Winchester Guns"...boy did I get giddy..heh. And whenever I see an Impala, black-close to the same year as Dean's I can't stop grinning. Oh, and almost forgot to mention this one. My sister showed me a clip from SNL a couple of years ago. It was that one that had the Blue Oyster Cult practicing the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" and I guess they needed more cowbell (hilarious, by the way) and I was smiling from ear to ear.

Isn't that a great sketch. Needs more cowbell! The sad thing is, whenever I hear that song (and I've got it on CD) and "Faith" is one of my favorite episodes, I see Will Farrell dancing around the studio playing that cowbell.

Kat

Tigergal005

[16]Jun 19, 2006

historylover20 wrote:
    Tigergal005 wrote:
    I was going to post this earlier, but I didn't know where to. A couple weeks ago, I was in a warehouse store (Sam's, or Costco), and I was in the book section. I was peering at the different titles, and then I saw it-on the top shelve, written in red (and yellow, I believe) "Winchester Guns"...boy did I get giddy..heh. And whenever I see an Impala, black-close to the same year as Dean's I can't stop grinning. Oh, and almost forgot to mention this one. My sister showed me a clip from SNL a couple of years ago. It was that one that had the Blue Oyster Cult practicing the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" and I guess they needed more cowbell (hilarious, by the way) and I was smiling from ear to ear.
    Isn't that a great sketch. Needs more cowbell! The sad thing is, whenever I hear that song (and I've got it on CD) and "Faith" is one of my favorite episodes, I see Will Farrell dancing around the studio playing that cowbell. Kat

Hehe-wouldn't you much rather see Dean and Sam? I know I would.

historylover20

[17]Jun 19, 2006
    Yes, I would. Unfortunately, my twisted little mind keeps going to Will Farrell, the too-tight pants and the half-shirt dancing around the studio playing the cowbell. No matter how many times I try to think of Sam and Dean.

Believe me, that memory of Will Farrell is not a pleasant one. No matter how funny that sketch is!

Kat

Tigergal005

[18]Jun 19, 2006

historylover20 wrote:
    Yes, I would. Unfortunately, my twisted little mind keeps going to Will Farrell, the too-tight pants and the half-shirt dancing around the studio playing the cowbell. No matter how many times I try to think of Sam and Dean. Believe me, that memory of Will Farrell is not a pleasant one. No matter how funny that sketch is! Kat

I know exactly what you mean..ughh..it reminded me of one skit where he was wearing really really short shorts and it had the American flag on it because it was a day to celebrate patriotism in the office he worked in. Horrible, but hilarious.

brighette

[19]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 15
    Tigergal005 wrote:

historylover20 wrote:
    Yes, I would. Unfortunately, my twisted little mind keeps going to Will Farrell, the too-tight pants and the half-shirt dancing around the studio playing the cowbell. No matter how many times I try to think of Sam and Dean. Believe me, that memory of Will Farrell is not a pleasant one. No matter how funny that sketch is! Kat

I know exactly what you mean..ughh..it reminded me of one skit where he was wearing really really short shorts and it had the American flag on it because it was a day to celebrate patriotism in the office he worked in. Horrible, but hilarious.

Or watching Old School and his streaking...

Tigergal005

[20]Jun 19, 2006
    brighette wrote:
    Tigergal005 wrote:

historylover20 wrote:

Or watching Old School and his streaking...

Wow-I am so glad I haven't seen that. Anyway-where were we again? Oh, right-Supernatural .