Official Discussion Thread: Adventures in Babysitting (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 1/6/12 episode "Adventures in Babysitting" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ender2272

[2]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 8

adventures in babysitting... Firstly, when has there been a good episode that has a title referencing another movie. Its been done a few times, and every time the episode has been crap. Like season 5 episode where they play poker, curious case of dean, terrible. Heres how the episode is gonna go down. Sam somehow babysits a little girl, the little girl somehow gets involved in a hunt, something very bad is going to happen, could be hell sam returning or a lapse of some kind but she is going to get hurt, badly. And then someone will jump in to save him, maybe even the ghost of bobby. If he died that is. And dean will search but he will not find dick, but what he does find will shock or amaze us, not sure just guessing tho.

Id love to hear what you think is gonna happen.

libra113

[3]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 27
    Actually I've read the outline of the episode and that's not even close

lachlan_j_g

[4]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 11

ender2272 wrote:

adventures in babysitting... Firstly, when has there been a good episode that has a title referencing another movie. Its been done a few times, and every time the episode has been crap. Like season 5 episode where they play poker, curious case of dean, terrible. Heres how the episode is gonna go down. Sam somehow babysits a little girl, the little girl somehow gets involved in a hunt, something very bad is going to happen, could be hell sam returning or a lapse of some kind but she is going to get hurt, badly. And then someone will jump in to save him, maybe even the ghost of bobby. If he died that is. And dean will search but he will not find dick, but what he does find will shock or amaze us, not sure just guessing tho.

if you think it will be crap, then it will be. if you go into it with an open mind, then you might be surprised

libra113

[5]Jan 4, 2012
    If I remember the outline on here correctly the plot is that Dean goes after Dick Roman and Sam ends up teaming with a young woman whoes father is a hunter and who went missing on a job. Now these have been known to get details wrong (look at their outline for last episode) and the girl might be a kid (not sure) but it's still not exactly what the previous poster said and in any case it's not about the broad strokes it's about what you do with them.

I've seen this show take MANY ideas that sounded horrible on paper and turn them into gold and I have no reason to doubt their skills now. Then again I'm not one of these people who seem to be all over the boards these days who complain about EVERYTHING.

PinkChampagne

[6]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 2

What was that at the end, when Sam turned on his side to go to sleep and Dean was driving and smiling? Were his eyes glowing or was I just seeing things? And if his eyes WERE glowing... what the heck?

libra113

[7]Jan 6, 2012
    No, he was doing what whatshisname told him about putting on a smile and acting professional even if he didn't feel it. Sad really.

On a better note I REALLY liked the girl and supposedly retired or not she so SHOULD come back.

I also I spotted another Cas fake out with that lady working for Roman walking across the feild in a trenchcoat out of focus. Thoes teases.

tvaddict_14

[8]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 10
    This episode was good, nothing special though. The only important thing that happened was them finding the meaning of Bobby's numbers. I still can't believe he's dead

And am I crazy or in the beginning did Bobby drink Dean's beer? I wasn't totally paying attention but I could have sworn Dean still had beer left in the bottle and then it was gone.

kepa55

[11]Jan 7, 2012
    • level: 8

Good episode and nice way to start the second half of this year, I certainly enjoyed this one more than most of the previous episodes - or maybe I've just missed the weekly dose of Supernatural. Madison McLaughlin's performance was great, and after the episode I was actually left hoping she or her dad might reappear in the future as well.

saicr

[12]Jan 7, 2012
    libra113 wrote:
    No, he was doing what whatshisname told him about putting on a smile and acting professional even if he didn't feel it. Sad really.

On a better note I REALLY liked the girl and supposedly retired or not she so SHOULD come back.

I also I spotted another Cas fake out with that lady working for Roman walking across the feild in a trenchcoat out of focus. Thoes teases.

Really? I took Dean smiling to be that he was happy that the girl, who was really just a female dean, had a chance at a nomad life. But maybe I was wrong....

Great episode though, I don't think it topped that the last one, that one was genius, but still really good.

And yes, I believe that Bobby is still around, maybe as a ghost. Who else would drink Deans beer?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[13]Jan 7, 2012
    • level: 13
    Was a good episode but not exactly what I expected from the trailers.

Was the daughter of the hunter (Sanctuary's Adam Worth character) the same girl used to play the daughter of the Adam Worth character from Sanctuary?

lachlan_j_g

[14]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 11
    yeah the beer disappearing was an interesting mystery - it was there but then it was gone like 5 seconds later - weird, cause I don't think that ghosts would have that effect - but someone stopping time would (angels) and the next episode is a time travel episode, so who knows?

as for the construction, maybe they are building like a portal or something? something that has to be on that spot - a portal fits the bill.

writergirl06

[15]Jan 8, 2012

ender2272 wrote:

That was kinda accurate actually...

Edited on 01/08/2012 6:39am

dpebbleson

[18]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 24
    This was a rather uneventful episode, slow, and not that interesting, at least to me.

The little girl was great, the actress did a very fine job.

The mystery is what the Leviathans are building there, could be poster, as a user above suggested.

I wonder why they ended the last episode on a cliffhanger with Bobby choosing between two options, and now they passed over it...

Indeed, there was a Castiel moment with that lady in white coat, for a moment I thought it was Castiel visiting the premises

WickedNix

[19]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 4

Goodbye Bobby, like every other superb character on the show. YellBobby's exitwas handled just as crappy as Castiels'. They both deserved a better ending. I think Bobby will return as a ghost, Dean's empty beer bottle is the tip off, but it won't be enough to make up for killing him off, so it matters little if he returns or not.

The 14 yr. old girl, (female, little version of Dean) was great. She obviously has a serious crush on Dean. It was written all over her face when she said goodbye to him. I hope she returns for another guest appearance.

Frankly, I'm kind of expecting this to be the last season. The powers that be have aggravated a goodly part of the fan base (me leading the mob) by killing off everybody.

I think the perfect finale would have Dean & Sam biting the dust during an epic battle which opens the way for Lucifer, et al,to completely over power the Earth. I don't think the angels would present any problems for the takeover since in my scenario they have moved on to other realms. It's not as if all of the angels liked humankind anyway.

libra113

[20]Jan 8, 2012
    saicr wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Really? I took Dean smiling to be that he was happy that the girl, who was really just a female dean, had a chance at a nomad life. But maybe I was wrong....

Great episode though, I don't think it topped that the last one, that one was genius, but still really good.

And yes, I believe that Bobby is still around, maybe as a ghost. Who else would drink Deans beer?
    Could be I just figured he was taking the guy's advise, espeically since the smiled seemed kind of forced. As for ghost Bobby I don't see it. I think it was just intended to communicate how disconnected Dean is or was at the time.