Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: All Dogs Go to Heaven (possible spoilers)

danharr

[41]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 45

It was an okay episode filler yes but they did a good job at filler where most fail. Nice to hear more about how not Sam Sam is and hope we don't see Crowley each week come on him showing up to squeeze the bro's each week is not going to work.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

puppybunny1

[42]Nov 17, 2010
    • level: 13
    There are many books out there that said "Dogs do go to heaven."

basenji529

[43]Nov 17, 2010
    • level: 15

libra113 wrote:
    Not really, generally they have a 90%-99% accuracy rating (I know I've been reading up on the occult since I have a kid in the 80's). The remaining percentage is called creative liberties or just wanted to twist the mythology to their own needs.

Creative liberties. I accepted pretty easily that we wouldn't see the boys in the Middle East for the Eschaton when Castiel first revealed what was going to happen. (Okay, to be pedantic: The Eschaton is the end of the world, Armageddon is where the Eschaton happens, and the Apocalypse is the prediction of the Eschaton.)

I used to belong to a group, New Age Frauds Plastic Shamans, that protested New Age appropriation of native mythology. So I'm familiar with the occult too. Also, I've always been fascinated with the way superpowers (Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, the United States) actually believed in the occult. If Hitler had all the stuff he's been claimed to have, we'd be speaking German and I'd technically still be around, since the Sioux are Aryan for reasons that have more to do with Karl May fantasies than pseudoscience or politics. You would, of course, be wearing a pink triangle. (Oddly, Nazi art is very homoerotic.)

libra113

[44]Nov 17, 2010
    • level: 27
    Well, it's intresting to note that (according to admitly questionable sources) that Hitler had the Spear of Destiny (the spear that supposedly killed Christ and made whoever possessed it unstobable)during the early to mid stages of the war but then had it moved out of Germany proper (presumably to protect it) and at the point it was out of his techinical perview was about the time when the tide turned and the war started to go badly. Again questionable sources and all but it does make an intresting note (true or note).

Of course I think we all know about the weird cold war research the US and the Soviets did on remote viewing and other bizzare mental powers and stuff.

basenji529

[45]Nov 18, 2010

Yeah, Hitler also had expeditions to Tibet to find the Aryan homeland. The German-American Bund did similar things in the Black Hills area.

If you're wondering what I meant about homoerotic Nazi art, just watch the intro to Leni Riefenstahl'sOlympia. Bunch of naked guys throwing the discus, throwing javelins, etc.

libra113

[46]Nov 18, 2010
    basenji529 wrote:

Yeah, Hitler also had expeditions to Tibet to find the Aryan homeland. The German-American Bund did similar things in the Black Hills area.

If you're wondering what I meant about homoerotic Nazi art, just watch the intro to Leni Riefenstahl'sOlympia. Bunch of naked guys throwing the discus, throwing javelins, etc.

I knew that but they're not the first or only. The original Olympics where always heald with the atheletics being naked (the official reason was to keep women from secretly taking part) and they did a lot of wrestling and 'hands on' events. As for the Nazis they were also looking for Atlantis and all kinds of crazy *bleep*. Hitler was a dangerous nut and ironically it was his mental instability that lead to his downfall so if he wasn't so wacko who knows how things might have turned out.

basenji529

[47]Nov 21, 2010

True, but it struck me as weird. Especially given how they felt about homosexuals. Plus, I always feel that repressive regimes are repressed sexually; reading white settlers' accounts of the Indians, I was struck by just how much they go on about the male body and various feats of strength, speed, and endurance a typical Dakota (Back then, all Sioux were Dakota; now all Sioux are Lakota, thanks to Costner.) male could perform.

Wrestling has historically been naked. Actually, the taboo about males being nude in all-male company (i.e., locker rooms, the old swimmin' hole) is a result of homosexuality, or rather, the awareness of it.

As for the Nazis, yeah, they believed a lot of weird **** Obviously the Nazis considered the Japanese Aryan, but no American seems to realize that BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS fact.

libra113

[48]Nov 21, 2010
    Well, it's not like there are no places where males are nude together in the modern world (military and prision showers, gym locker rooms, etc...)so it's not like it doesn't exist any longer. It's perhaps giggled about and there is more talk and joking but it's there.

Yeah the Nazis were whackjobs all over the map and, like I said, it's a good thing becasue if they were more mentally stable they MIGHT have been an even greater risk to the world than they already were (and that was more than bad enough).

dpebbleson

[49]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 23

basenji529 wrote:
    Obviously the Nazis considered the Japanese Aryan, but no American seems to realize that BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS fact.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think Nazis considered them useful, like they considered Italians - and even Russians, until they broke the agreement and invaded them. If the Germans conquered the world, maybe Japan would've been targeted one day.

I don't know if they weren't mentally stable, I think Hitler was mentally unstable, and just couldn't be satisfied with what he did in such a short of time. Unfortunately, now we have more mentally stable superpower(s), so in some ways it's worse.

basenji529

[50]Nov 22, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    Well, it's not like there are no places where males are nude together in the modern world (military and prision showers, gym locker rooms, etc...)so it's not like it doesn't exist any longer. It's perhaps giggled about and there is more talk and joking but it's there.

Yeah, but most guys just don't shower after gym. And this one white kid in my class actually changed clothes in the bathroom stall.

When my dad was a kid, the (begins with an F and rhymes with bag)s were the kids who didn't shower or wore underwear in the shower. Now, it's the reverse. Which sucked because I had gym in first period. You try talking up a girl while smelling like onions.

So it's more an issue of practicality vs. homophobia, and homophobia (possibly Paedo Hunt, since nobody thinks that most pedophiles actually target girls, and I was actually molested by a woman as a child) seems to be winning.

libra113 wrote:
    Yeah the Nazis were whackjobs all over the map and, like I said, it's a good thing becasue if they were more mentally stable they MIGHT have been an even greater risk to the world than they already were (and that was more than bad enough).

If Hitler had everything he was claimed to have or be seeking, he would've won.

libra113

[51]Nov 22, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:

basenji529 wrote:
    Obviously the Nazis considered the Japanese Aryan, but no American seems to realize that BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS fact.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think Nazis considered them useful, like they considered Italians - and even Russians, until they broke the agreement and invaded them. If the Germans conquered the world, maybe Japan would've been targeted one day.

I don't know if they weren't mentally stable, I think Hitler was mentally unstable, and just couldn't be satisfied with what he did in such a short of time. Unfortunately, now we have more mentally stable superpower(s), so in some ways it's worse.

Yeah, I'm sure if the Nazis had won they would have set their sights on the other Axis powers sooner or later (probably when they were least expecting it). I doubt they would have tolerated Japan and Italy controling even small corners of the world and, for their part, I doubt Japan and Italy would have been happy with the Nazi's table scraps. Probably would have been all out war within the Axis once the Allies where defeated. Still, that would have left Russia since Hitler's forces has so much trouble on the Russian front.

It's a toss up between which would be better stable or unstable and while the major powers SEEM pretty stable don't discount Kim Jong Ill, the's a nutbar and a half to be sure.

libra113

[52]Nov 22, 2010
    basenji529 wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Yeah, but most guys just don't shower after gym. And this one white kid in my class actually changed clothes in the bathroom stall.

When my dad was a kid, the (begins with an F and rhymes with bag)s were the kids who didn't shower or wore underwear in the shower. Now, it's the reverse. Which sucked because I had gym in first period. You try talking up a girl while smelling like onions.

So it's more an issue of practicality vs. homophobia, and homophobia (possibly Paedo Hunt, since nobody thinks that most pedophiles actually target girls, and I was actually molested by a woman as a child) seems to be winning.

libra113 wrote:

If Hitler had everything he was claimed to have or be seeking, he would've won.

Well, I was talking MORE about adults (pro atheles, guys who work out in the gyms, hell my buddy's work has shower facities that he and several of the other night workers use becasue they're covered in dirt and grime when their shift is done). I don't even bring children or teens into such a topic as that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Yeah he WOULD have won except all that stuff is myth and lore and doesn't work in real life so he was a nut for wasting time and resources looking for them rather than pouring that stuff into fighting the actual war.

dpebbleson

[53]Nov 22, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure if the Nazis had won they would have set their sights on the other Axis powers sooner or later (probably when they were least expecting it). I doubt they would have tolerated Japan and Italy controling even small corners of the world and, for their part, I doubt Japan and Italy would have been happy with the Nazi's table scraps. Probably would have been all out war within the Axis once the Allies where defeated. Still, that would have left Russia since Hitler's forces has so much trouble on the Russian front.

It's a toss up between which would be better stable or unstable and while the major powers SEEM pretty stable don't discount Kim Jong Ill, the's a nutbar and a half to be sure.

Haha, they're indeed stable. But I don't think Kim Jong III is a threat to a democratic world, the peace-loving countries blah blah blah. Hell, he's thousands of kilometres from my country. He's a threat to U.S.A., South Korea, Japan, you know the current rulers of the world.

I'm not much into politics, but seeing how things go around the world, it seems those most keen on democracy and human rights spend most of their time harassing smaller countries and their citizens, making them poor and miserable. But that's prolly just the way world is. There always has to be some (Roman) Empire.

libra113

[54]Nov 22, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Haha, they're indeed stable. But I don't think Kim Jong III is a threat to a democratic world, the peace-loving countries blah blah blah. Hell, he's thousands of kilometres from my country. He's a threat to U.S.A., South Korea, Japan, you know the current rulers of the world.

I'm not much into politics, but seeing how things go around the world, it seems those most keen on democracy and human rights spend most of their time harassing smaller countries and their citizens, making them poor and miserable. But that's prolly just the way world is. There always has to be some (Roman) Empire.
    Well, yeah there's always going to be one but the old ones always fall and new ones always rise and, eventually, every one will be at the top at one time or another.

dpebbleson

[55]Nov 22, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Well, yeah there's always going to be one but the old ones always fall and new ones always rise and, eventually, every one will be at the top at one time or another.

Unfortunately, since there can usually only be one. And it's usually best if that's your own country.

libra113

[56]Nov 22, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Unfortunately, since there can usually only be one. And it's usually best if that's your own country.
    Yep

basenji529

[57]Nov 23, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    Well, I was talking MORE about adults (pro atheles, guys who work out in the gyms, hell my buddy's work has shower facities that he and several of the other night workers use becasue they're covered in dirt and grime when their shift is done). I don't even bring children or teens into such a topic as that's a whole other kettle of fish. Yeah he WOULD have won except all that stuff is myth and lore and doesn't work in real life so he was a nut for wasting time and resources looking for them rather than pouring that stuff into fighting the actual war.

True, but kids also go to the gym and swimming pool. But yeah. I mean, as long as there's no sex going on, I don't see any moral difference. But that's just me.

What's funny is, my local YMCA actually uses "YMCA" in their ads, so...Fan Yay?

libra113

[58]Nov 23, 2010
    Well if the Navy can use "In the Navy" as a recruitment song, then I guess it's all bets are off...

basenji529

[59]Nov 24, 2010

Join the Navy. All the gay sex you can want. Just...don't tell us about it. Or do. The courts will make us listen anyway, but John McCain, like all Republicans, doesn't care to listen to the military, on this or START.

libra113

[60]Nov 24, 2010
    basenji529 wrote:

Join the Navy. All the gay sex you can want. Just...don't tell us about it. Or do. The courts will make us listen anyway, but John McCain, like all Republicans, doesn't care to listen to the military, on this or START.

Okay then... when did NPR start bleeding into this channel?