TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Official Discussion Thread: Appointment in Samarra (possible spoilers)

jack756

[41]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 14
    lostcause78 wrote:
    jack756 wrote:
    jack756 wrote:

this was nice to see tess again.now thats a character i wouldnt mine seeing again. this for me is a great epsiode.i love everything about it.

but it was some things i hated:

i dont like how this sam soul thing is dragging on(when they get his soul back all im gone think is poor adam is down there suffering for nothing.he had no ideal whats going on.maybe dean should save adam and let sam have no soul.sam was close to not having a soul anyway.why try to save someone who is behind saving.thats what dean learned i this epsidoe with the girl)

also sam trying to kill bobby i dont know what to think.a first i was like he beat not kill bobbby i will forever hate sera.but then i was like if they gone kill him get it over with all ready and basically nothing happened.i feel like they chop out.i mean they been killing so many characters off but yet when it bobby times they chop out,i was screaming at the tv(someone said if they kill bobby fans will leave the show.all i will say if fans leave over that they werent no real fans to began with.the show is about sam and dean not bobby)

im still with the show even do i dont know if i like this season or not

am i missing something.when did sam get his soul back i thought death put a whole in sam head that will make him be sam for a while until death get sam real soul.and i pray adam get outs.it sad to know he got in there for nothing and still down there been tortured...

No death just went in and fetched Sams soul, putting up the wall as he inserted the soul. It wasn't a matter of time for death, just a matter of "why the heck should I?". When he decided that he wanted to get it, he just went and got it.
    Let's face it, we're talking about the being that isn't all that impressed by god..he knows how to get things done!

As for the wall, we all know it is bound to get scrathed at, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced it in the first place. So now it's just a matter of waiting to see how long it takes, until Sam is once again turned into "something else"
    oh ok i understand now.at first i was like wat r ppl tallking about did i miss something.but i get it now.thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[42]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode the Sam soul thing is over finally and we got to see some good characters back and of course who wouldn't love Robert England. I can't wait to see what was behind the head game Death was playing with Dean and where all this will lead.

libra113

[43]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 27
    fenerliyim wrote:

The only part that annoyed me was that Dean interned as death on a very very very very very slow day. Honestly he killed like 2 people and it was already night time. You think death would have a much harder day seeing how there is 6 billion people on earth.

But there are who knows how many Reapers operating. It's not like he and Tesa are the only Reapers in the whole world. Remember "Abondon All Hope" when the town was filled with Reapers standing there waiting for Death to rise?

MajLorne

[44]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 21
    Hildetorr wrote:

I really enjoyed Death in that episode its a shame we didnt get to see Death in Hell getting Sams Soul. Deaths confrontation with Michael and Lucifer wouldve been awesome. It was probably something along the lines of Michael and Lucifer getting mad at Death for taking Sams soul out and Death threatening to kill both Michael and Lucifer if they didnt allow it.

But when Death was being cryptic at the end it was so obvious that Death wants to know more about Purgatory too. So perhaps we will see another appearnce from him again.

That scene would've been fantastic to see exactly as you stated it. Probably would've cost too much budget wise

Stuff I loved about this episode: the actors that played Balthazar and Death, loved the scenes they were in. I hope they get a much larger role later on in the season. I did enjoy the character Crowley and will miss him now that he's gone. But he was much better in season 5 as an "anti-hero" [or saving his own ass] than the whole king of hell wanting to annex purgatory to his kingdom.

Finally, Dean's line to the guy that died of the heartattack "like dust in the wind" totally made me rotfl and the guy saying 'that's it?'. The humor is what I love about the show even if it seems to have lost it's appeal from the previous season.

savvyxboom

[45]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 8

does anyone have any speculation on the whole wall in sam's mind thing? i didn't quite understand what would happen to him if he were to remember hell?

libra113

[46]Dec 16, 2010
    savvyxboom wrote:

does anyone have any speculation on the whole wall in sam's mind thing? i didn't quite understand what would happen to him if he were to remember hell?

Well, from what they said Lucifer and Micheal would have been using Sam's soul as their personal whipping boy for a year (our time, who knows how long Hell time) and that, becasue of that, he would end up like Dean times a trillion. He would remember every moment of what they did, all the pain and punishment and all that and it would make him some horrible, possibly animalistic, monster. Of course we all know that wall is gonna come tumbling down and we're gonna see it all unfold.

dman_dustin

[47]Dec 17, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    savvyxboom wrote:

Well, from what they said Lucifer and Micheal would have been using Sam's soul as their personal whipping boy for a year (our time, who knows how long Hell time) and that, becasue of that, he would end up like Dean times a trillion. He would remember every moment of what they did, all the pain and punishment and all that and it would make him some horrible, possibly animalistic, monster. Of course we all know that wall is gonna come tumbling down and we're gonna see it all unfold.

Though it makes you wonder if any human can accurately portray that. I mean take the most realistically portrayed damaged person who could get an acting award on a TV show, or movie, and all the things that happened to Sam's soul is a whole lot worse. Will Jared be able to accurately portray it. I would assume when the wall breaks, Sam's probably just going to be comatose or he's going to be so damaged/scarred, he'll probably act like he did without a soul.

god71

[48]Dec 17, 2010
    • level: 2

why dos death not hav his WicKED sythe he is homo wivout it lol

libra113

[49]Dec 18, 2010
    dman_dustin wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    savvyxboom wrote:

Though it makes you wonder if any human can accurately portray that. I mean take the most realistically portrayed damaged person who could get an acting award on a TV show, or movie, and all the things that happened to Sam's soul is a whole lot worse. Will Jared be able to accurately portray it. I would assume when the wall breaks, Sam's probably just going to be comatose or he's going to be so damaged/scarred, he'll probably act like he did without a soul.

Maybe he will be SO messed up he will become like a wild animal and strike out mindlessly at anyone and everyone in sight. I would like to see him be REALLY messed up on a level beyond what we saw with Dean when he got back and beyond having no emotions because he has no soul. I would like to see the total opposite of that, he's all negtitive emotions and hate and twisted evil.

savvyxboom

[50]Dec 18, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    dman_dustin wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    savvyxboom wrote:

Maybe he will be SO messed up he will become like a wild animal and strike out mindlessly at anyone and everyone in sight. I would like to see him be REALLY messed up on a level beyond what we saw with Dean when he got back and beyond having no emotions because he has no soul. I would like to see the total opposite of that, he's all negtitive emotions and hate and twisted evil.

I hope the writers aren't going to be lazy on this one, there are so many possibilities for this instance. I believe Sam is a strong person so maybe he won't be THAT bad, and hopefully Jared can pull it off.

libra113

[51]Dec 18, 2010
    I'm kinda hoping he goes all super evil Sam like a total psychopath who just lashes out at everyone.

Maybe he could lash out at Dean in particular because he remembers enough to know Dean put the soul back inside him so he maybe goes after Lisa and Ben and just really tries to hurt Dean in an indirect and unobvious way.

Maybe HE should become the evil thing for the rest of the season after that point.

CaptainHarkness

[52]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 23

libra113 wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping he goes all super evil Sam like a total psychopath who just lashes out at everyone. Maybe he could lash out at Dean in particular because he remembers enough to know Dean put the soul back inside him so he maybe goes after Lisa and Ben and just really tries to hurt Dean in an indirect and unobvious way. Maybe HE should become the evil thing for the rest of the season after that point.
    That is actually a cool idea. It's like Lucifer Sam but not. I can imagine though lots of people would be against it as they wouldn't be bonding as much.

libra113

[53]Dec 18, 2010
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping he goes all super evil Sam like a total psychopath who just lashes out at everyone. Maybe he could lash out at Dean in particular because he remembers enough to know Dean put the soul back inside him so he maybe goes after Lisa and Ben and just really tries to hurt Dean in an indirect and unobvious way. Maybe HE should become the evil thing for the rest of the season after that point.
    That is actually a cool idea. It's like Lucifer Sam but not. I can imagine though lots of people would be against it as they wouldn't be bonding as much.

Yeah, that's why we never REALLY get to see evil Sam cut lose becasue, at the end of the episode they have to be on the road to healing or the fans will get angry. Funny is you just know they're the same ones who say their tired of whiney/selfish Sam or whatever but they ALSO hold back his going total ape poopy evil. I would love to see it myself.

savvyxboom

[54]Dec 18, 2010

it's totally possible, and probably true, out of all the choices. they would never make him like totally catatonic, right? it would be awkward. so, like usual, they'll most likely make sam the "bad guy" again.

libra113

[55]Dec 18, 2010
    savvyxboom wrote:

it's totally possible, and probably true, out of all the choices. they would never make him like totally catatonic, right? it would be awkward. so, like usual, they'll most likely make sam the "bad guy" again.

Awww catatonic is SO underrated. Dean could strap him to his back and drag him from town to town. Carry him into resturants and sit him in a chair. Be like a lifesized Ken doll. Nevermind.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a bit more than just Evil Sam, maybe psychotically evil Sam. Like Sam crossed with the boy and girl from "Family Remains" kind of thing.

savvyxboom

[56]Dec 19, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    savvyxboom wrote:

Awww catatonic is SO underrated. Dean could strap him to his back and drag him from town to town. Carry him into resturants and sit him in a chair. Be like a lifesized Ken doll. Nevermind. Yeah, I'm hoping for a bit more than just Evil Sam, maybe psychotically evil Sam. Like Sam crossed with the boy and girl from "Family Remains" kind of thing.

or MAYBE sam will dress up in a clown suit and start talking with a thick russian accent, the world may never know. it's killing me. D:

dargofargo

[57]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 2
    libra113 wrote:
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Yeah, that's why we never REALLY get to see evil Sam cut lose becasue, at the end of the episode they have to be on the road to healing or the fans will get angry. Funny is you just know they're the same ones who say their tired of whiney/selfish Sam or whatever but they ALSO hold back his going total ape poopy evil. I would love to see it myself.

I want to see Sam go completely crazy. Not cliched crazy but just spaz out. I am a huge fan i wouldn't care if he went evil because if you followed the show up until now you'd know it was bound to happen. I really do hope the writers go all out when that "Wall" comes tumbling down. It will be cool to see how Jared will potray it if he has it in him.

libra113

[58]Dec 19, 2010
    of course it would also be nice if they saved all their music budget just to get that song too.

I would like to see him go all feral like the pair from "Family Remains" and start attacking everyone in sight, then maybe level off and start being more calculating in his insainity.

lostcause78

[59]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 9
    Am I the only one who thinks if they go "psycho-sam" then they are indeed copping out?

Any person whos' been through a real living hell, does not go on a killing spree, they jsut flat out want to curl up and end it. The psycho nuts thing is all the pent up frustration of a lifetime in carlanes etc etc.
    but true, proper tormented living hell on a soul...nah anything but him just going lights out/catatonic would seem the easy solution in my book. They've been too keen on making sure we understand exactly how scarred his soul is now. Even Death can't mend it, and warns of the result. I'm guessing he wouldn't do that if it was just another person losing his mind and going feral.

Just my 2 cents anyway, but when (and it's too obvious a plot device not to happen) the wall does crumble, I hope to see proper human reaction to inhuman torment.

libra113

[60]Dec 20, 2010
    But that would be SO boring. If he's not violent and lashing out then I'm not sure what the story would be there. Can't be him in a coma for several episodes while Dean finds a way to wake him up or something that would be SO dull.