Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Caged Heat (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [21]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    presario111 wrote:

    ah ill miss crowley. but he was obviously working for someone. and it turns out most people were right he was full of **** when he said he had wut it took to grab sams soul

    Yeah, I was one of them and I expected as much, figured he was just stringing them along and would have kept it up until they forced the issue.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of taxcat11

    taxcat11

    [22]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 11/14/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 216

    Is it just me or was everyone just a tad nauseated to see Castiel kiss Meg? Ick. I mean c'mon Cas, she's a demon and a nasty one at that. Sorry to see Crowley go, but I am sure there will be some other demon to take his place. As for Grandpa Campbell - who is he kidding? Does he really think his "I want normal" daughter is going to forgive his selling out her children? Okay, so he doesn't know them, but what exactly is stopping him from finding out. Even if he doesn't think them worth the effort, why does he think his daughter won't care about that. Mary is soul bonded to John, she not going to thank her father for bringing her back without him. What exactly does he expect to happen? Mary comes back to life, apologises for wanting to be normal, goes back to hunting with Samuel? Oh and forget about her children - she wasn't there for their childhood so they are strangers now and who needs that? I think it is safe to say that Samuel did not come back from Heaven. I mean he would have had Mary there in memory - and presumably not realize she wasn't really there. Also what about Deanna. Remember her? Why obsess about his daughter but not his wife as well?

    Edited on 12/03/2010 8:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OctoberGirl9

    OctoberGirl9

    [23]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 328
    seeing Mark S. play with himself was a pleasure I'll miss Crowley. I really do enjoy Sam without a soul, the drama of it wears though one should be used to this by five seasons in. The ep in itself was awsome but some parts and lines seemed misplaced, to me at least. Cas back makes me smile and LOVE Megs new meat. Twist and turns otherwise okay, I'm a bit iffy but I'll wait awhile to say anything. The only question I got is why is Grandpa still around? I love Mitch but everytime I see his name on the credits I sigh. Looking forward to next week and some Bobby action Death returns...this is what I'm really waiting for
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RachelleMcAdams

    RachelleMcAdams

    [24]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 05/11/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 549

    taxcat11 wrote:


    Is it just me or was everyone just a tad nauseated to see Castiel kiss Meg? Ick. I mean c'mon Cas, she's a demon and a nasty one at that. Sorry to see Crowley go, but I am sure there will be some other demon to take his place. As for Grandpa Campbell - who is he kidding? Does he really think his "I want normal" daughter is going to forgive his selling out her children? Okay, so he doesn't know them, but what exactly is stopping him from finding out. Even if he doesn't think them worth the effort, why does he think his daughter won't care about that. Mary is soul bonded to John, she not going to thank her father for bringing her back without him. What exactly does he expect to happen? Mary comes back to life, apologises for wanting to be normal, goes back to hunting with Samuel? Oh and forget about her children - she wasn't there for their childhood so they are strangers now and who needs that? I think it is safe to say that Samuel did not come back from Heaven. I mean he would have had Mary there in memory - and presumably not realize she wasn't really there. Also what about Deanna. Remember her? Why obsess about his daughter but not his wife as well?


    Agreed but given that the Campbells pretty much kept to themselves and stayed within family tradition , mabye he married Deanna to secure the family lineage and not out of love so I think it is pretty clear Mary is pride and joy and possibly the only person he has ever loved

    Edited on 12/03/2010 11:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [25]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    taxcat11 wrote:

    Is it just me or was everyone just a tad nauseated to see Castiel kiss Meg? Ick. I mean c'mon Cas, she's a demon and a nasty one at that. Sorry to see Crowley go, but I am sure there will be some other demon to take his place. As for Grandpa Campbell - who is he kidding? Does he really think his "I want normal" daughter is going to forgive his selling out her children? Okay, so he doesn't know them, but what exactly is stopping him from finding out. Even if he doesn't think them worth the effort, why does he think his daughter won't care about that. Mary is soul bonded to John, she not going to thank her father for bringing her back without him. What exactly does he expect to happen? Mary comes back to life, apologises for wanting to be normal, goes back to hunting with Samuel? Oh and forget about her children - she wasn't there for their childhood so they are strangers now and who needs that? I think it is safe to say that Samuel did not come back from Heaven. I mean he would have had Mary there in memory - and presumably not realize she wasn't really there. Also what about Deanna. Remember her? Why obsess about his daughter but not his wife as well?

    Well, no one said that obession was logical, if anything it's the exact opposite of logic, especially on this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ToxicAngel503

    ToxicAngel503

    [26]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 13,423

    I don't really care if Sam gets his soul back or not. I like him better without it though. I really liked the first scene with Samuel. Rachel sold me a bit more on her Meg tonight. This is going to sound odd (well not coming from the queen of SNS), but if Cas were to ever have sex with anyone, I'd want it to be her. Not just for the hot factor but because for some reason, they just kind of click in a weird yin/yang sorta way. Can you imagine the hate sex? Bring it on, Sera!


    And I also don't care about Crowley's death. I was hoping he wouldn't be the big bad for the rest of the season. However, I'm sure he'll make a reapperance since he's now in Purgatory. For the first time this season, I'm actually interested in the story. Let's hope they can keep it up.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AxileRoqueez

    AxileRoqueez

    [27]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 07/01/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 3
    Grandpa was a fool to trust Crowley. His daughter would not have forgiven him for letting her sons die let alone selling them out.I'm hoping that Crowley was faking it and wanted a quick getaway ala Gabriel style of deceiving people. But if he does come back from purgatory, he'll be as powerful as the Source Of All Evil from the Charmed universe.

    About Meg. Isn't she dead? I mean, the body she's inhabiting, isn't it dead? Don't the hosts bodies die of normal causes like fatal injuries but remain animated with their souls trapped in their bodies whilst possessed? Kissing meg is like necrophilia, then, eeeeeewwwwwww! Libra113 is right, this story is told from Deans point of view.

    This episode was the best in the season IMHO. They are getting somewhere. I want to know more about heaven and what is happening and if the instability has caused mass power shifts to begin. If Cas is loosing then why isn't he like, public enemy number one?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [28]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    AxileRoqueez wrote:
    Grandpa was a fool to trust Crowley. His daughter would not have forgiven him for letting her sons die let alone selling them out.I'm hoping that Crowley was faking it and wanted a quick getaway ala Gabriel style of deceiving people. But if he does come back from purgatory, he'll be as powerful as the Source Of All Evil from the Charmed universe.

    About Meg. Isn't she dead? I mean, the body she's inhabiting, isn't it dead? Don't the hosts bodies die of normal causes like fatal injuries but remain animated with their souls trapped in their bodies whilst possessed? Kissing meg is like necrophilia, then, eeeeeewwwwwww! Libra113 is right, this story is told from Deans point of view.

    This episode was the best in the season IMHO. They are getting somewhere. I want to know more about heaven and what is happening and if the instability has caused mass power shifts to begin. If Cas is loosing then why isn't he like, public enemy number one?
    No, that was Ruby whoes host body was dead (she did it to please Sam). As far as we know Meg's is still alive in there somewhere.

    Yeah, the show is ABOUT Sam but through Dean's eyes, thus all the stuff happens to Sam and it's about Dean's reactions to that.

    Still, it was Dean who was raised by Cas and who was Micheal's vessle and all that so it's not like NOTHING ever happens to him, it's just more about Sam's journey.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AxileRoqueez

    AxileRoqueez

    [29]Dec 3, 2010
    • member since: 07/01/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 3
    libra113 wrote:
    No, that was Ruby whoes host body was dead (she did it to please Sam). As far as we know Meg's is still alive in there somewhere.

    No, what I am saying is, you fall off the top floor of a 50 storey a building or something, you stand up and walk away with a bruised knee and go get a sandwitch, right? But once the demon inside you leaves, obviously the damage done to your body should kill you. Like how Grandpa was killed by Azazel. He stabbed himself with a knife, made the deal with Dean's mom to enter Sam's room and bring back their dad, then vacated Grandpa's body in which he promptly died.

    Ruby picked the body of which the soul had departed already, I understand that so far.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [30]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    [QUOTE="aussiemovieguy"]first again. god these boards are dead. [QUOTE]


    yeah it's not cause people were waiting for the episode to come out before discussing it. Supernatural is not dead at all. I thought that Crowley would be the big bad but obviously that isnt going to happen now. good episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [31]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    RachelleMcAdams wrote:


    taxcat11 wrote:


    Is it just me or was everyone just a tad nauseated to see Castiel kiss Meg? Ick. I mean c'mon Cas, she's a demon and a nasty one at that. Sorry to see Crowley go, but I am sure there will be some other demon to take his place. As for Grandpa Campbell - who is he kidding? Does he really think his "I want normal" daughter is going to forgive his selling out her children? Okay, so he doesn't know them, but what exactly is stopping him from finding out. Even if he doesn't think them worth the effort, why does he think his daughter won't care about that. Mary is soul bonded to John, she not going to thank her father for bringing her back without him. What exactly does he expect to happen? Mary comes back to life, apologises for wanting to be normal, goes back to hunting with Samuel? Oh and forget about her children - she wasn't there for their childhood so they are strangers now and who needs that? I think it is safe to say that Samuel did not come back from Heaven. I mean he would have had Mary there in memory - and presumably not realize she wasn't really there. Also what about Deanna. Remember her? Why obsess about his daughter but not his wife as well?


    Agreed but given that the Campbells pretty much kept to themselves and stayed within family tradition , mabye he married Deanna to secure the family lineage and not out of love so I think it is pretty clear Mary is pride and joy and possibly the only person he has ever loved



    I agree, I think Cupid was active there again (to keep the bloodline going)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of UltraTraveler

    UltraTraveler

    [32]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 07/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 240
    Ain't they a little bit too rush? They could have Crowley get their mom back, not even mention it. That certainly is doable. No wonder Samuel said they get used to live without their mom.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [33]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    AxileRoqueez wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    No, that was Ruby whoes host body was dead (she did it to please Sam). As far as we know Meg's is still alive in there somewhere.

    No, what I am saying is, you fall off the top floor of a 50 storey a building or something, you stand up and walk away with a bruised knee and go get a sandwitch, right? But once the demon inside you leaves, obviously the damage done to your body should kill you. Like how Grandpa was killed by Azazel. He stabbed himself with a knife, made the deal with Dean's mom to enter Sam's room and bring back their dad, then vacated Grandpa's body in which he promptly died.

    Ruby picked the body of which the soul had departed already, I understand that so far.
    Yeah but that was Meg's original body (season one), the one she has hasn't fallen off any buildings we're aware of. Now if you're saying her body is dead now thanks to the job Christian did then yeah maybe but as long as Meg stays it's okay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [34]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    [QUOTE="lachlan_j_g"]

    [QUOTE="aussiemovieguy"]first again. god these boards are dead.

    :


    yeah it's not cause people were waiting for the episode to come out before discussing it. Supernatural is not dead at all. I thought that Crowley would be the big bad but obviously that isnt going to happen now. good episode.

    Yeah, I don't see any point in coming on an episode thread just to post that I'm the first one to post. IF I'm going to post I want to have something to say and since I avoid spoilers and stuff I wouldn't have anything to say until AFTER the episode airs.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [35]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

    RachelleMcAdams wrote:


    taxcat11 wrote:


    Is it just me or was everyone just a tad nauseated to see Castiel kiss Meg? Ick. I mean c'mon Cas, she's a demon and a nasty one at that. Sorry to see Crowley go, but I am sure there will be some other demon to take his place. As for Grandpa Campbell - who is he kidding? Does he really think his "I want normal" daughter is going to forgive his selling out her children? Okay, so he doesn't know them, but what exactly is stopping him from finding out. Even if he doesn't think them worth the effort, why does he think his daughter won't care about that. Mary is soul bonded to John, she not going to thank her father for bringing her back without him. What exactly does he expect to happen? Mary comes back to life, apologises for wanting to be normal, goes back to hunting with Samuel? Oh and forget about her children - she wasn't there for their childhood so they are strangers now and who needs that? I think it is safe to say that Samuel did not come back from Heaven. I mean he would have had Mary there in memory - and presumably not realize she wasn't really there. Also what about Deanna. Remember her? Why obsess about his daughter but not his wife as well?


    Agreed but given that the Campbells pretty much kept to themselves and stayed within family tradition , mabye he married Deanna to secure the family lineage and not out of love so I think it is pretty clear Mary is pride and joy and possibly the only person he has ever loved



    I agree, I think Cupid was active there again (to keep the bloodline going)

    Honestly, I think it's more a matter of wanting Mary out of Purgatory than anything else. I mean if she was in Heaven at least that would be something but they don't even know what Purgatory is like except that's where monsters go when they die and given that Mary was a hunter it would be like a cop going into a prision filled with people they arrested and put there. Not exactly the best place to be for someone like her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [36]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    UltraTraveler wrote:
    Ain't they a little bit too rush? They could have Crowley get their mom back, not even mention it. That certainly is doable. No wonder Samuel said they get used to live without their mom.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding your point but IF I am you're saying they just keep going, let Crowley find Purgatory, pull out their mom THEN deal with him.

    Thing is they had Meg breathing down their necks wanting to get rid of him and Dean's main objective is to get Sam's soul back in his body and to hell with everything else.

    Also, he obviously doesn't trust either Crowley or gramps so there's no reason for him to keep doing something he hated doing in the first place on the off chance that all parties are being on the level and it will all work out.

    Better to end the Crowley thing now and move on from there, it's unlikely the search for Purgatory is over so it's not like it's a done deal at this point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of taxcat11

    taxcat11

    [37]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 11/14/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 216
    After all Dean has been through, with John's sacrifice, his time in hell, everything that Sam was forced through, he knows better than to bring back the dead. While getting Mary out of Purgatory would be something Dean could get behind, bringing Mary back to life is not. I am sure that Dean regrets at times that he brought Sam back, not so much for what it cost him, but for what it has cost and continues to cost Sam. Had Dean found a way to get Sam out of the cage which didn't return Sam to life - he wouldn't have hestitated to do it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [38]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    taxcat11 wrote:
    After all Dean has been through, with John's sacrifice, his time in hell, everything that Sam was forced through, he knows better than to bring back the dead. While getting Mary out of Purgatory would be something Dean could get behind, bringing Mary back to life is not. I am sure that Dean regrets at times that he brought Sam back, not so much for what it cost him, but for what it has cost and continues to cost Sam. Had Dean found a way to get Sam out of the cage which didn't return Sam to life - he wouldn't have hestitated to do it.
    I can agree with that. It's one thing to get them out of a bad place and let them go to a better place (espcially if that's where they WOULD have gone otherwise) but it's just tampering with forces best left alone to bring them back to life in the world.

    If Dean hadn't made that choice he wouldn't have been Hell to break the first seal and Sam wouldn't have been on Earth to break the last and LOT of people would still be alive today.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kudorigami

    Kudorigami

    [39]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 05/22/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 63
    Owh man....this ep was great again. I like the new Sam, I like him A LOT.
    It's The X-files all over again. Instead of having a believer and a scientist, we now have the rational strategic emotionally inept Sam and well...yeah the Dean the human being.

    The scenes this pairing generates are just gold. The Meg interrogation, the Raiders of the Lost Arc trick to lure Castiel....

    Great season so far!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of puppybunny1

    puppybunny1

    [40]Dec 4, 2010
    • member since: 11/15/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 564

    This has been the best episode so far in this season. I think that Evil and Good must work together to get Mary out of Purgatory. I agree with the Ying/Yang comment above. There has to be a balance. Please bring on more Castiel and Meg scenes.



    I don't understand why John was in Hell and now Mary in Purgatory. They did a lot of good work in getting rid of evil in the world. Should they be in Heaven?


    Let's get rid of Grandpa Campbell and bring back Bobby.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.